Dance the Soda Bossa nova

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
mongoose12

Re: Dance the Soda Bossa nova

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:56 pm

emoagogo wrote:Anyone else have any AP sodas? I love having these part of my collection!

wow, first time i see anyone with an AP...jelly af lol congrats, these are super dope. =D> =D> =D> =D>
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:58 pm

itchykorean wrote:Image

fantastic looking sodas! lets see that glow demon light up! :D :headbang:

dork_knight

Postby dork_knight » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Imagery wrote:
emoagogo wrote:Anyone else have any AP sodas? I love having these part of my collection!
Spoiler: show

Those are incredible! You're very lucky. I didn't even know these were around

Me neither @_@ I may need to double check my pogs to see if they have AP on them since i've always just left them at the bottom of the Soda whenever I'd open them. I never liked peaking at the pog to know if I got a chase or not. Always liked to open the bag to see :P

Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:2,710+
Grail Goals: Sex Bob-Omb 3-Pack | HeMan | Lion-O
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 543 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:21 pm

dork_knight wrote:
Imagery wrote:

Those are incredible! You're very lucky. I didn't even know these were around

Me neither @_@ I may need to double check my pogs to see if they have AP on them since i've always just left them at the bottom of the Soda whenever I'd open them. I never liked peaking at the pog to know if I got a chase or not. Always liked to open the bag to see :P

Are the AP's part of the regular release, like a super chase?
Haha, it depends how many of that particular character I've opened whether I go for the bag or the pog, but first open is definitely bag.
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night, 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada, Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:34 pm

I take it that APs are like something in between a proto and production piece? Super cool stuff and I hope to snag one someday lol

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:17 pm

Finally got my SDCC haul from Funko. Very Happy with these sodas.

Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:41 pm

willy wonka wrote:Finally got my SDCC haul from Funko. Very Happy with these sodas.

Congrats! Those are very sweet! =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:53 pm

willy wonka wrote:Finally got my SDCC haul from Funko. Very Happy with these sodas.

EPIC! Congrats on getting them. My Tear-Away clown is coming tomorrow so I will post a pic with all of mine (also when my replacement Moss Man comes in which I'll show why when I get it lol ). Had to resort to eBay but I got some really good deals on them at a price I was comfy with. And 3 of them have con stickers which I'm usually not crazy about but since I love sodas so much, it makes it more special
:freddy3: Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

emoagogo

Postby emoagogo » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:34 pm

Imagery wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
Imagery wrote:Those are incredible! You're very lucky. I didn't even know these were around

Haha, it depends how many of that particular character I've opened whether I go for the bag or the pog, but first open is definitely bag.

I believe APs were used for the trade shows and artist approval. The figure is exactly the same as the production piece but the pog says AP. And I didn’t get them in the wild, they were gifts from a friend.

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:50 pm

emoagogo wrote:
Imagery wrote:
dork_knight wrote:Me neither @_@ I may need to double check my pogs to see if they have AP on them since i've always just left them at the bottom of the Soda whenever I'd open them. I never liked peaking at the pog to know if I got a chase or not. Always liked to open the bag to see :P

I believe APs were used for the trade shows and artist approval. The figure is exactly the same as the production piece but the pog says AP. And I didn’t get them in the wild, they were gifts from a friend.

Still very cool Emo. Obsessed with the Soda line so would love a unique piece like that for my own collection one day. Congrats again!
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night, 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada, Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:41 pm

that moss man and trapjaw are so cool...i hope they keep adding to the motu soda line..more variants for skeletor and heman would be great.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Struck out on the Funko Shop today but honestly I love this trade I just did 100X more.

Traded my extra Ramona Flowers ECCC Soda chase plus the SDCC Broly POP for these two with a local friend/ collector!

I am so happy, they look amazing. With the chaos of POP collecting nowadays with flippers gobbling up Funko Shop stuff and Mcdonalds 5-packs, it is nice to relax and collect some fun figures with the SODA line. Bring on more sodas!!!!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:55 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Struck out on the Funko Shop today but honestly I love this trade I just did 100X more.
Traded my extra Ramona Flowers ECCC Soda chase plus the SDCC Broly POP for these two with a local friend/ collector!
I am so happy, they look amazing. With the chaos of POP collecting nowadays with flippers gobbling up Funko Shop stuff and Mcdonalds 5-packs, it is nice to relax and collect some fun figures with the SODA line. Bring on more sodas!!!!

Great trade! So colorful!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:11 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image

Awesome trade!! I'm still on the hunt for the metallic grape ape chase, hopefully I'll get it sooner rather than later. AND I agree with you, bring on more sodas...I love collecting the soda line :)

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:19 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:

Awesome trade!! I'm still on the hunt for the metallic grape ape chase, hopefully I'll get it sooner rather than later. AND I agree with you, bring on more sodas...I love collecting the soda line :)

Yeah metallic is an amazing option for chases. I looked back at some other Hanna Barbera characters in Funko's history that were metallicized. Huckleberry Hound, Secret Squirrel, Atom Ant, Hong Kong Phooey, Lil' Gruesome, Penelope Pitstop and Dick Dastardly. I'd love to see more metallic chases in general but especially for those characters.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:41 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:

Yeah metallic is an amazing option for chases. I looked back at some other Hanna Barbera characters in Funko's history that were metallicized. Huckleberry Hound, Secret Squirrel, Atom Ant, Hong Kong Phooey, Lil' Gruesome, Penelope Pitstop and Dick Dastardly. I'd love to see more metallic chases in general but especially for those characters.

I definitely agree with you on both. I love the way the metallic looks and I hope we see even more metallic chases in the future.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:23 pm

emoagogo wrote:Here’s just a few sodas!! I have MANY more! I’ll post my updated collection soon! But enjoy these for now!

Great collection!!
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:24 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:Hopefully I’ll have more new soda soon but here’s my SDCC soda! The flicking on moss man is really nice. I love how derpy the crunch berry beast is lol

A flocked soda vinyl? I had no idea!
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)

emoagogo

Postby emoagogo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:36 pm

Finally added the purple huck to the collection!!! And that completes the huckleberry hounds!

Emo or Emilio is fine.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:57 pm

emoagogo wrote:Finally added the purple huck to the collection!!! And that completes the huckleberry hounds!

CONGRATS!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I am currently talking to a seller about getting the purple but he is being pretty shady and not shipping it out so I think it will be a while before I can get the full set too.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:41 am

emoagogo wrote:Finally added the purple huck to the collection!!! And that completes the huckleberry hounds!

some of the best soda figures to date...my personal favorite is the red chase huck...i keep that one in my office. congrats! =D>

emoagogo

Postby emoagogo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:44 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I am currently talking to a seller about getting the purple but he is being pretty shady and not shipping it out so I think it will be a while before I can get the full set too.

oh good luck with that dude, hopefully you didnt get scammed

Emo or Emilio is fine.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:35 pm

That's a good looking collection right there...Congrats :)

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:01 pm

A little late on picking these up, but still loving how this line can make me want a character I don't even know that well (Crunchberry Beast)

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:02 pm

Nice! We haven't started pursuing the rest of this set because we may already have a chase — won't know until we're finally able to pick up our mail.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Imagery wrote:A little late on picking these up, but still loving how this line can make me want a character I don't even know that well (Crunchberry Beast)

Niiiiiice! I can't wait for any NYCC sodas. This set of 4 turned out really well, my favorites of all of SDCC

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:27 pm

My finalized SDCC haul! As you can see, it was a bit delayed because of a big issue lol
I had to buy these from eBay and when I got them, the MossMan and Tear Away Clown were opened on the top (the seller probably thought they had chases)

The bags were sealed but Moss Man was missing his ear!!!!!! The seller sent my photos to Funko who sent him a replacement then he sent it to me. So I will keep my defective Moss Man as a memento for this crazy SDCC! And I can have 1 Moss Man on my soda shelf and 1 on my MOTU shelf.

Also with con stickers I got them for both Moss Mans, Trap Jaw and Tear-Away Clown. I am not normally a sticker chaser but with sodas it feels cooler to get the con stickers.

dork_knight

Postby dork_knight » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:01 pm

emoagogo wrote:
Imagery wrote:
dork_knight wrote:Me neither @_@ I may need to double check my pogs to see if they have AP on them since i've always just left them at the bottom of the Soda whenever I'd open them. I never liked peaking at the pog to know if I got a chase or not. Always liked to open the bag to see :P

That plug life :) Well-deserved for a generous and kind Funatic, like yourself, Emo :)

Side-note: I had the urge of using the Emo-Soda emote here LOL

Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:2,710+
Grail Goals: Sex Bob-Omb 3-Pack | HeMan | Lion-O
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 543 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:08 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
My finalized SDCC haul! As you can see, it was a bit delayed because of a big issue lol
I had to buy these from eBay and when I got them, the MossMan and Tear Away Clown were opened on the top (the seller probably thought they had chases)

The bags were sealed but Moss Man was missing his ear!!!!!! The seller sent my photos to Funko who sent him a replacement then he sent it to me. So I will keep my defective Moss Man as a memento for this crazy SDCC! And I can have 1 Moss Man on my soda shelf and 1 on my MOTU shelf.

Also with con stickers I got them for both Moss Mans, Trap Jaw and Tear-Away Clown. I am not normally a sticker chaser but with sodas it feels cooler to get the con stickers.

congrats on getting them all..cant wait to see what sdcc sodas we get next year! :D

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:39 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image

Looking nice. Congrats. And it’s great that you were able to get your moss man replaced!
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

emoagogo

Postby emoagogo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:38 pm

Almost there!!

Emo or Emilio is fine.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:54 pm

emoagogo wrote:Almost there!!

BRUHHHHH
Dude congrats, looks like just Pink Batman, Blue Barney and Metallic Jabberjaw :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I believe in you! Looking at your setup, it's so clean!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:44 pm

Nice display. Ours are still sitting at our box in the US. Hopefully we can get them soon and display them all. I think we have most minus some of the chases.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

emoagogo

Postby emoagogo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:54 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

BRUHHHHH
Dude congrats, looks like just Pink Batman, Blue Barney and Metallic Jabberjaw :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I believe in you! Looking at your setup, it's so clean!

YUP! and the common and gold batman, and thats just wave 1!

Emo or Emilio is fine.

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:53 am

Wow very amazing collection!! =D> =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:08 pm

wooow looks amazing :D =D>
Kyko here !!

Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:01 pm

Now that's just beautiful!! So much awesomeness in one pic lol and absolutely love your setup :)

emoagogo

Postby emoagogo » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:29 pm

Thanks everyone!!

Emo or Emilio is fine.

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Really nice display! Haven't figured out how we'll put these out yet, but can't wait till they're all together and we can find the right space

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Happy Soda Saturday!!!!!!!
Amazing haul from Beehive, I am so happy with this haul!!! The glow on Gene Simmons is amazing, my camera can't catch it too good. The tongue glows a bright red and the eyes glow super well too! Oooooo I'm so happy!!!

Return to “Other Funko Products”