Dance the Soda Bossa nova

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Mr Yac

Re: Dance the Soda Bossa nova

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:53 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:I can not believe my soda chase streak. First was Scareglow, then Todd Ingram and now this beautiful She-Ra chase!
Story behind this (kinda long):
Spoiler: show
I was browsing Offerup for Funko sodas, since I have found deals on there before (like my Michaelangelo TMNT chase for 20 bucks). I saw this listing that had some other NYCC pops in it. The seller said in the description they had 2 of each item available and that they were purchased from Funko Hollywood on NYCC launch day. I messaged them asking what they would want for just the She-Ra cans. At first they were wanting some astronomical price and then I just left it. But then they messaged me wanting 100 for the pair. A good deal but I declined. He then jumps down to 35 and said if I dont take it, he will list them on eBay. I hate spending that much but it was a great deal, and basically fail proof if I just got two commons. I opened them today and BOOM. I felt the glitter through the bag and got my adrenaline running. It is on my Instagram TV thing I think, but I don't know if it worked.

I am so fortunate to not only have the luck to pull this but also being given the opportunity.

you can open my future cans from now on for me lol

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:36 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image
I can not believe my soda chase streak. First was Scareglow, then Todd Ingram and now this beautiful She-Ra chase!
I was browsing Offerup for Funko sodas, since I have found deals on there before (like my Michaelangelo TMNT chase for 20 bucks). I saw this listing that had some other NYCC pops in it. The seller said in the description they had 2 of each item available and that they were purchased from Funko Hollywood on NYCC launch day. I messaged them asking what they would want for just the She-Ra cans. At first they were wanting some astronomical price and then I just left it. But then they messaged me wanting 100 for the pair. A good deal but I declined. He then jumps down to 35 and said if I dont take it, he will list them on eBay. I hate spending that much but it was a great deal, and basically fail proof if I just got two commons. I opened them today and BOOM. I felt the glitter through the bag and got my adrenaline running. It is on my Instagram TV thing I think, but I don't know if it worked.

I am so fortunate to not only have the luck to pull this but also being given the opportunity.

Super happy for you Zack! I watched your instagram live and it was so great seeing how happy it made you!! Super awesome and you have such great luck!! =D> =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:38 am

I can not believe my soda chase streak. First was Scareglow, then Todd Ingram and now this beautiful She-Ra chase!

Congrats with the chase and great idea with the stacker =D> :thumbright: =D> :thumbright: =D> :thumbright:
ISO: NYCC Freddy Funko Soda Chase
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Image Image
Image Image

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:12 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:I ordered two cans of Thanos from Entertainment Earth and.... Oh snap. I got a chase!!

It’s always nice to only order 2 and get a chase, gratz!

Thank you! Buying the Soda's give me anxiety. I have bought A LOT in the past to try and get a chase. This was a wonderful surprise.

:spiderman: JASON | IG/Twitter:@jpg_rising
FANDOMS: X-Men | Marvel |Batman |Superman |Freddy Funko |Supernatural |DC TV Shows

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:17 am

WOW! She's awesome. Congratulations. I love this display too :love7:

FANDOMS: X-Men | Marvel |Batman |Superman |Freddy Funko |Supernatural |DC TV Shows

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:07 pm

Another decent week of soda pulling.

Image Image
Image Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:36 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Another decent week of soda pulling.

beautiful pulls. that metallic duck dodgers is really climbing on my favs list, such a clean design.
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:34 pm

That is some sweet luck, thanks for sharing that story! Congrats!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Collection: 1838 pieces as of 03/22/21
ISO Protos: Paka Paka Dragon, Michael Myers, Quint (Jaws), Toph (Avatar), Cartman (South Park), Jim Henson (w/Kermit)

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:36 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Another decent week of soda pulling.

Decent indeed! That Duck Dodgers chase is sweet!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

ISO Protos: Paka Paka Dragon, Michael Myers, Quint (Jaws), Toph (Avatar), Cartman (South Park), Jim Henson (w/Kermit)

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:48 pm

Well, it was a tiring quest. but, I managed to get all the TMNT chases!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:07 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:Well, it was a tiring quest. but, I managed to get all the TMNT chases!

this totally came to mind when i saw your post! lol congrats

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:11 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:Well, it was a tiring quest. but, I managed to get all the TMNT chases!

love that base, you are probably hoping they don't make any more TMNT soda because it's going to throw off your symmetry lol

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:20 pm

Congrats!!!!! I just need my Raphael preorder to come in for my complete set.
I wonder who is next? Master Splinter? April? Casey Jones? Baxter? Kraang?
:freddy3: Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:22 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:My recent soda haul, lucked out on the 2 chases I wanted. :) Now, I’m on a tiring mission to get all the TMNT chases lol

I don't know if you meant to put a photo too but if they are TMNT chases then congrats, those are some of the best of the line!

Agreed. I’m on the same TMNT soda path. :cheers:

Add me to that list.lol I'm just missing chases of Bebop, Michelangelo, and Raphael. Don't really care about the turtles do much (although Raphael is my favorite so would like his), but want Bebop to go with Rocksteady and Shredder. Bought a few more last night so we'll see how it goes.
Poppin'

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:Another mail call! I totally forgot I ordered ole Chester, and the Dunkaroos came in the mail too, I got sick of looking for them in stores so I ordered them off of Amazon. LoL Figured I’d make a junk food themed pic

Did they start making Dunkaroos again or are these expired ones?
Poppin'

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:30 pm

I like your display! What are you using for the stands?
Poppin'

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

love that base, you are probably hoping they don't make any more TMNT soda because it's going to throw off your symmetry lol

Thanks, and i just used the bases for the pic. These bad boys are going into a glow case! :)

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:33 pm

theraven00 wrote:

I like your display! What are you using for the stands?

Thanks! They are display risers I found on Amazon. $24 bucks a set but they are super clean looking IMO

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:34 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:Another mail call! I totally forgot I ordered ole Chester, and the Dunkaroos came in the mail too, I got sick of looking for them in stores so I ordered them off of Amazon. LoL Figured I’d make a junk food themed pic

Did they start making Dunkaroos again or are these expired ones?

They brought them back, you can get them at Walmart and Amazon only right now

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:37 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Congrats!!!!! I just need my Raphael preorder to come in for my complete set.
I wonder who is next? Master Splinter? April? Casey Jones? Baxter? Kraang?

Thanks! I’m hoping for Casey Jones next! Raphael had the best chase out of the Turtles IMO, mainly because the chase has the mean look he deserves, and he’s smiling on the common. lol

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Thanks! I’m hoping for Casey Jones next! Raphael had the best chase out of the Turtles IMO, mainly because the chase has the mean look he deserves, and he’s smiling on the common. lol

and here i'll always prefer my Raph "cool but rude" gimmie a break

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:58 pm

As for me, 2 chases down 5 to go :roflmao:
Image Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:59 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:

That is some sweet luck, thanks for sharing that story! Congrats!

You should I play the lotto! :cheers:
Image Image

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:22 am

Congrats =D> =D> =D> Also the setup is aweeeesome :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Image Image
Image Image

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Not sure how to dance the Soda Bossa Nova, but I think flaling my arms after this mail call counts!
After pulling two Todd Ingram commons on con day and driving to a Hot Topic out of my city today for what ended up being another common, my online order met me at my doorstep and resulted in a chase on the first can!

I also scored an awesome trade deal for these 3 OG chases (He Man, Huck, and Count)!

Hey everybody, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
In search of Funatic Series GITD Count Chocula Wacky Wobbler!

Forever in search of a LE6 Swirl Boo Berry.:)
ImageImage

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:15 pm

I cant begin to tell you how happy I am for you, bro! Our chase luck has been looking up lately.
Hey everybody, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
In search of Funatic Series GITD Count Chocula Wacky Wobbler!

Forever in search of a LE6 Swirl Boo Berry.:)
ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:58 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:Not sure how to dance the Soda Bossa Nova, but I think flaling my arms after this mail call counts!
After pulling two Todd Ingram commons on con day and driving to a Hot Topic out of my city today for what ended up being another common, my online order met me at my doorstep and resulted in a chase on the first can!

I also scored an awesome trade deal for these 3 OG chases (He Man, Huck, and Count)!

Nice!!! Look at all them chases, glad you got Ingram after all of that haha

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:32 am

thefunkohunko wrote:Not sure how to dance the Soda Bossa Nova, but I think flaling my arms after this mail call counts!

Congrats on all the new soda's Austin those rock!! =D> =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:28 am

sweet looking lineup! love the chases! =D> =D> =D> =D>

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Congrats, absolutely love her! What a neat way to display her. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:09 pm

This is super cool!! Congratulations on this awesome collection :D

emoagogo

Postby emoagogo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:09 am

Look at all these sodas!!!! Some of you should start playing the lottery!
I really need to get a picture of my updated collection. I have so many but I’m still missing 75 lol the hunt continues!

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:59 pm

still chasing dreams and taking L’s lol

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:49 pm

mongoose12 wrote:still chasing dreams and taking L’s lol

Dang were they sealed cans then? I'd love to open another Freddy soda. Or maybe even buy a chase for a reasonable price lol lol
Maybe for the Wondercon this year there could be a new Freddy?
:freddy3: Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:24 am

Great Soda haul. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Image Image
Image Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:25 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Dang were they sealed cans then? I'd love to open another Freddy soda. Or maybe even buy a chase for a reasonable price lol lol

Yes they were sealed ](*,) and I’m totally with you in hoping we see some new Freddy soda merch soon.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:14 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Another Freddy release would be nice. I rather it be like a LE 7k vs a 2k... lol [-o< lol [-o< lol [-o<

Image Image
Image Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:12 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:

Another Freddy release would be nice. I rather it be like a LE 7k vs a 2k... lol [-o< lol [-o< lol [-o<

Ha! And I’d rather a 500 release...I guess I just like the pain of the game lol

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:28 pm

Finally got the Bebop chase to go along with Rocksteady and Shredder. Anyone know why Rocksteady is LE 10,000 and the rest of the TMNT line is LE 12,500?
Poppin'

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:41 pm

theraven00 wrote:Finally got the Bebop chase to go along with Rocksteady and Shredder. Anyone know why Rocksteady is LE 10,000 and the rest of the TMNT line is LE 12,500?

I’m still missing this one, nice pickup! In terms of LE and the rationale behind them, I’m equally curious as to what variables are used when making the determination. I’d think character popularity plays a role so I get making more Shredders, but to also have the same number of Rocksteady? :-k

Return to “Other Funko Products”