Marvel Collector Corps August Box - Spider-Man

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
TjSosaR13

Re: Marvel Collector Corps August Box - Spider-Man

Postby TjSosaR13 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:45 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
TjSosaR13 wrote:My box has not ship, am i the only one ?

where do you live and when did you order?

I Live In PA And Im On The Auto Renew but recently changed credit cards and got charged like 5 days prior to closing day and have not recieved an email. Status is "In progress".
ImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:32 am

TjSosaR13 wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

I Live In PA And Im On The Auto Renew but recently changed credit cards and got charged like 5 days prior to closing day and have not received an email. Status is "In progress".

thats so strange. I live in Northern CA an the only time it took longer than a week to get my box (I have a year long subscription) was when I ordered the dctv box and I ordered it with less than 2 hours left. I would try emailing them.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Riniculous

Postby Riniculous » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Yeah, and I have this little voice inside of me that gets angry that my Spidey box is still "Processing"...even though I am a "Founding Member". ...Totally admit that it gives me a false sense of entitlement...lol. In all honestly, it's what motivates me to watch the unboxing video. Worst case scenario I don't rabidly need the contents immediately, and I'm not stewing on the fact that most people have their boxes and mine is still processing.
Image Image Image

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:14 pm

TjSosaR13 wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

I Live In PA And Im On The Auto Renew but recently changed credit cards and got charged like 5 days prior to closing day and have not recieved an email. Status is "In progress".

I'm in PA and still getting "in progress" too.... and I'm a founder so I doubt it has anything to do with when you order
Kristen

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Still don't have mine, but I'm pretty patient, especially since I've seen what's in it. If it shows up this week that would be cool since I'm in between paychecks at the moment, haha.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Got mine in SE PA a couple days ago.

I'm not a hat person. I like this hat. It seems pretty solid quality-wise, and I enjoy the simpleness of the logo.

I also like the Fabrikation and the Pop! tbh.

Since the Fabrikation is so straight-forward they COULD have done something more interesting with the Pop!, but I don't hate it by any means.
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

TjSosaR13

Postby TjSosaR13 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:10 pm

jinxykat wrote:
TjSosaR13 wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

I'm in PA and still getting "in progress" too.... and I'm a founder so I doubt it has anything to do with when you order

Yea I email them about 3 hours ago and got a reply. They said shipping takes all the way to the 25th so my order should be shipping any time and i guess so would yours !
ImageImage

doao

Postby doao » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:16 pm

BeefyPenguin wrote:well that's the last straw for marvel collector corps boxes. I already stopped getting the other ones, but always been a bigger marvel buff so I kept this subscription AND spider-man has always been my absolute FAVORITE, so I thought there was no way to be disappointed, BUT funko found a way.

Spoiler: show
First the pop is very boring...Whole spider verse and we get this. Just so disappointed. And A HAT!! OMG come on there really cant be enough people out there that want these hats to make them profitable... am I really that off base with that assumption? The pop and the shirt are the only reason I get these boxes and I KNOW this buying the box but now there is a chance not to even a get a shirt...

I'm really upset that they changed the wording on their site from every box includes a SHIRT to every box includes APPAREL.

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:26 pm

I was disappointed with the star wars hat but I love this spider-man hat. The box is the spider-man box not the world of spider-man I'm fine with it.
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:09 pm

though I'm disappointed we didn't get a new character POP, I'm ok with the one we got. But this hat nonsense is a whole other thing. Sure, a lot of women wear baseball hats, but a whole lot more women don't wear them. Unwanted figures are one thing because you can resell them, but now I'm stuck having paid for something I can't wear and will end up having to go to Goodwill. :-/
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:29 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:I love my new stuff but thanks to this box now I actually want a Groot hat. And the Avengers Fabrikations that I should've just bought on clearance. lol lol lol lol

I have a groot hat I can give you for cheap lol lol
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm thinking of letting my sub go. I don't wear hats, I liked it better when it was t-shirts.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

HavokAndChaos

Postby HavokAndChaos » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:24 am

I for one love the hat idea because every box for everything has a t-shirt. Really wish they went flex fit over strap back though.
Pop! Count: 77

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:12 am

I still haven't receive my box either and I live in Northern Ca.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:38 am

Still no box, but I'm hoping today or tomorrow. Today would be better because I'm getting Illidan from Amazon, so two Pops in one day would be cool!. We shall see...

Pops!- 716ish

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:56 pm

BeefyPenguin wrote:well that's the last straw for marvel collector corps boxes. I already stopped getting the other ones, but always been a bigger marvel buff so I kept this subscription AND spider-man has always been my absolute FAVORITE, so I thought there was no way to be disappointed, BUT funko found a way.

Spoiler: show
First the pop is very boring...Whole spider verse and we get this. Just so disappointed. And A HAT!! OMG come on there really cant be enough people out there that want these hats to make them profitable... am I really that off base with that assumption? The pop and the shirt are the only reason I get these boxes and I KNOW this buying the box but now there is a chance not to even a get a shirt...

Just got my box and was pretty bummed. I don't think you're off at all, because it's not a chance for no more of that item, it's a certainty. It says that item is only available in MCC, so that puts that discussion to bed. I think that item is kinda a cheap cop-out but it's whatever. I'm in it for a full year no matter, so I guess I'll stick it out. lol

stephencool2

Postby stephencool2 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Overall I enjoyed this box, but I did have one critique and it's at the end of my video.

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:05 pm

nice video.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:11 pm

Stragon wrote:I'm thinking of letting my sub go. I don't wear hats, I liked it better when it was t-shirts.

This doesn't seem to be a big thing. It sounds like it will jus be one or two boxes a year. For me that's enough.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

osakahedgehog3

Postby osakahedgehog3 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:35 pm

I got the Spider-Man box today and I'm overall content with it. It definitely would've been cool if there was a Pop never done before, but the Spider-Man Pop is fine. The Fabrikation is nice as well. I'm split over the hat as I'm a shirt guy, but overall the box isn't that disappointing for me to rethink my subscription.
Funko Collection

All-Time Favorite Pop! Vinyl: WWE CM Punk - Hot Topic Edition
Favorite Most Recently Bought Pop! Vinyl: Aggretsuko 10" inch
Most Wanted Pop! Vinyl: Mono Conan O'Brien

All-Time Favorite Dorbz: Thanos XL
Favorite Most Recently Bought Dorbz: Iron Fist
Most Wanted Dorbz: Bullseye Batman

Riniculous

Postby Riniculous » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:17 am

Founder. Order is still "Processing". On a bright note, my friend said the Spidey hat runs a bit larger than the C3PO and Groot hats. Anyone else have the same experience? I'm hopeful, because those other two hats do not fit my head. I look like I'm wearing one of those bike racing caps or a swimmers cap...its actually hilariously embarrassing.
Image Image Image

Liz83

Postby Liz83 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Overall, I thought this was a good box, although probably my least favorite yet. I liked the fabrikation the best, which honesty surprised me because I don't collect them! It's super cool though. The Pop is nice, but nothing to get overly excited about. As others have mentioned, the problem for me was the hat. Aside from not liking flat billed, snapback hats, the hat was WAY too big for me. Even if I had liked the style, I wouldn't be able to wear it. Seems like they kind of forgot about their female fan base here. :(
Hi, I'm Liz!
Funko Funklub member #1624

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:49 pm

Finally received shipping confirmation.

That took a while
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:04 pm

Strange how I have been signed one since day one and my cousin who signed up few months ago and lives 3 blocks away gets his box today while mine has just shipped today.

markenty13

Postby markenty13 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:13 am

Alot of people in the UK have received 2 boxes and only paid for 1............
ImageImage ImageImage

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Riniculous wrote:Founder. Order is still "Processing". On a bright note, my friend said the Spidey hat runs a bit larger than the C3PO and Groot hats. Anyone else have the same experience? I'm hopeful, because those other two hats do not fit my head. I look like I'm wearing one of those bike racing caps or a swimmers cap...its actually hilariously embarrassing.

Yeah the hat is definitely bigger. The Groot hat wouldn't even fit my head at all even with no clips but this one seems to fit OK.

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:36 pm

I was all for the box when spoilers came, out, and was first to defend it, but...

Now that I have it, it is a bit lackluster, isn't it? Not bad by any means at all, I LOVE everything I got. But I really think "lackluster" is the word that best describes the box as a whole.

The pop is really cool, but not terribly new when next to the Civil War one. Some web something shooting out of the web shooters would have gone a long way. Or maybe an action pose where Spidey is wielding some web weaponry or something? Idk, maybe I'm just salty because my pop's box is caves in on two sides. Or because he won't stay on the stand. Or maybe because the stand's peg isn't glued to its base. Any way I spin this, I can't display the pop our of the box. Good thing I'm mostly an in-box collector.

FABRIKATION is cool. Probably something i would have bought, but i have no idea what I'm gonna do with it.

Comic is whatever. I wish they'd consider printing old issues to match the cover, not just currently running ones.

Love the hat! I think a shirt would have been more of a win, but I personally dig the hat.

Oh, and Patch an pin are excellent, as almost always. Love the pin.

Overall, good box. Hopefully at some point we get a Spider-Verse box, or a Sinister Six box, or SOMETHING for some variety :D
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Anybody else's spidey pop box arrived crushed?
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

Coutstevo

Postby Coutstevo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:59 pm

Flex Luthor wrote:Anybody else's spidey pop box arrived crushed?

My pop box was crushed

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:07 pm

My pop box was dented as well, luckily I was planning to display this pop out of the box. Sorry for those strictly in box collectors.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Mine arrived today. I really like the Pop after seeing it in person.

My son loves the Fabrikation and the hat.

I love the comic book, pin and patch.

Glad we ordered this one!
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:49 pm

Coutstevo wrote:

My pop box was crushed

Yeah mine was crushed too. The shipping box was completely fine but the box with spidey was just trashed. I display out of box but still annoying.

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:50 pm

This is my first Fabrikation, and I've gotta say, I think it's one of Funko's more fascinating lines. They're plush toys, yes, but the detail and the weighted feet also makes them perfect for simply displaying. And that box...I'm an out-of-boxer, but the Fabrikation boxes are true works of art!

And, again, I'm in love with the hat. I have too many Pop shirts, and a ton of Spidey shirts already, so the hat was an awesome way to mix it up. I don't wear hats a whole lot, but I'm digging this one anyway. I'm in my mid-20s, so I guess I can still kind of pull this look off?

Surprisingly, my least favotite thing in the box is the Pop itself, which I still really like. Frankly, I legitimately love the entire package.
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Got my box and I'm extremely disappointed except for the Fabrikation.

If I continue to get more hats I'm going to cancel all 3 of my subscriptions. They are very male geared and I hope Funko realizes that their collectors and pop culture fans are far from just males. They can make it up to me by the next box having a Doctor Strange Bra with adjustable cup size.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:51 pm

twirdman wrote:
Coutstevo wrote:

My pop box was crushed

Yeah mine was crushed too. The shipping box was completely fine but the box with spidey was just trashed. I display out of box but still annoying.

My Spidey box had a bit of damage. Not a big deal. I did just get a Star Wars box with the Pop box totally smashed and the outer box was fine. I display in box and out of box, so I'm not too bothered by it. It sucks for in box collectors though.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:51 pm

NCDS wrote:Got my box and I'm extremely disappointed except for the Fabrikation.

If I continue to get more hats I'm going to cancel all 3 of my subscriptions. They are very male geared and I hope Funko realizes that their collectors and pop culture fans are far from just males. They can make it up to me by the next box having a Doctor Strange Bra with adjustable cup size.

Print the Eye of Agamotto on each cup and I'm in!!

My wife might get tired of me asking her to wear it though....
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:55 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:
NCDS wrote:Got my box and I'm extremely disappointed except for the Fabrikation.

Print the Eye of Agamotto on each cup and I'm in!!

My wife might get tired of me asking her to wear it though....

It will be so amazing you won't even have to ask lol
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:28 am

I forgot to stop back in here and leave my thoughts about the box, now that I finally have it.

I personally liked the box, it didn't blow me away, but I didn't dislike it either. I won't wear the hat and I'm eventually shipping it off to someone else, and I gave the Fabrikation to my toddler daughter, but everything else was cool. I see no issues with the POp, except the stand doesn't stay in his butt very well, ha. The comic, pin and patch were as expected, so I really don't have any complaints. I would prefer shirts over hats, but I'm not mad about it, there are a lot bigger things going on in my life than to stress about a flipping hat. :D

Pops!- 716ish

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:42 am

I still have no box, no shipping notification, and no order showing in my MCC control panel. This despite the fact that my sub is still set to "auto renew" and my billing info is current and complete. Apparently they don't want my money lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:56 am

Well I've been avoiding spoilers waiting for my box but since it'll never arrive I watched one of the unboxing videos. You've got to be kidding me. The Pop is OK, but enough with the ridiculous gangsta caps and plushies. I used to have two subs, one for me and one for my son. I dropped one after the Christmas box disaster and just now dropped the other. Between the Year One box and this box I've had enough of overpaying for the chance of -maybe- getting something cool and instead just getting mediocre stuff.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Return to “Powered by Funko”