Marvel Collector's Corps May 2019: Endgame

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
jkcohen626

Re: Marvel Collector's Corps May 2019: Endgame

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:38 pm

GettingSodas wrote:Super disappointed in the boxes lately. Too much movie stuff and not enough TRUE MARVEL stuff. It’s frustrating. I won’t be buying this box just like I didn’t buy Captain Marvel.

LOL, The MCU is just as "True" as anything else. The fact is that Marvel probably wouldn't be doing so well without the movies and we probably wouldn't have stuff like Collector Corps in the first place. People assume that movie products take the place of comic ones, but in reality, we would probably just get less stuff if we didn't have the movies. Captain Marvel was also the first movie box since Infinity War last year, so I guess COMIC Deadpool, Venom and X-Men don't count as "true"?

That being said, I do also love when they do obscure Comic Book boxes and I'm excited for the second half of this year, when there won't be any movies for them to riff off of!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:02 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:Super disappointed in the boxes lately. Too much movie stuff and not enough TRUE MARVEL stuff. It’s frustrating. I won’t be buying this box just like I didn’t buy Captain Marvel.

LOL, The MCU is just as "True" as anything else. The fact is that Marvel probably wouldn't be doing so well without the movies and we probably wouldn't have stuff like Collector Corps in the first place. People assume that movie products take the place of comic ones, but in reality, we would probably just get less stuff if we didn't have the movies. Captain Marvel was also the first movie box since Infinity War last year, so I guess COMIC Deadpool, Venom and X-Men don't count as "true"?

That being said, I do also love when they do obscure Comic Book boxes and I'm excited for the second half of this year, when there won't be any movies for them to riff off of!

The Deadpool box kinda sucked, as well as the Venom box. Why do we need another version of the same character?

And no I disagree. Marvel is a comic company first and fore most. These characters are comic characters first and fore most.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:03 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:

The Deadpool box kinda sucked, as well as the Venom box. Why do we need another version of the same character?

And no I disagree. Marvel is a comic company first and fore most. These characters are comic characters first and fore most.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:24 am

jkcohen626 wrote:

While I enjoy the Movie boxes to get me pumped up for the movie release I agree with this sentiment. I am definitely ready for some more Comic related Collector Corps as those tend to be my favorites.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:05 am

volsspongebob wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

While I enjoy the Movie boxes to get me pumped up for the movie release I agree with this sentiment. I am definitely ready for some more Comic related Collector Corps as those tend to be my favorites.

My favorite as well

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:12 pm

Classier wrote:Is anybody else bothered that the Thanos art has him wearing the Infinity Gauntlet on the wrong hand? Just me? Okay.

Argh it’s one of those things you can’t unsee! Yesss it’s annoying!
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:13 pm

karvinzed wrote:Shawarma Scene

Been waiting on this one too long.
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:26 am

GettingSodas wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

Get off my lawn!!! :roflmao:

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 am

The Head wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

Get off my lawn!!! :roflmao:

Hahaha are you assuming I’m old? LOL

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:47 pm

GettingSodas wrote:Hahaha are you assuming I’m old? LOL

Nope, just that you don't like people on your lawn!! ;)

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:36 am

The Head wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:Hahaha are you assuming I’m old? LOL

Nope, just that you don't like people on your lawn!! ;)

lol

Angel 9708

Postby Angel 9708 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:58 pm

Can anyone give me advice on how to change the shirt size on my subscription. It doesnt give me the option. Do I have to cancel and start a new sub, any advice would help.
Walking Dead Junkie! ImageImage

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm

Angel 9708 wrote:Can anyone give me advice on how to change the shirt size on my subscription. It doesnt give me the option. Do I have to cancel and start a new sub, any advice would help.

I would just go with the cancellation, then apply with the new shirt size.

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:39 pm

Today is a big day, Happy ENDGAME day
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:15 am

Gonna have to wait and see if Funko announces another wave before making my guesses on this box. There are several possibilities based upon the movie since this is being released in a few weeks

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:21 am

After seeing the movie and the endless amazing potential for other pops im heavily considering ordering this box. I havent done one in So long it might be fun to jump back in to one
- tauntaunking on instagram

Fountaineer

Postby Fountaineer » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:10 pm

opopssum wrote:After seeing the movie and the endless amazing potential for other pops im heavily considering ordering this box. I havent done one in So long it might be fun to jump back in to one

There are tons of awesome possibilities! For the sake of #dontspoiltheendgame I won't say but check out the other thread because people are all for it!

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:23 pm

I already love that this could be anything from the movie that wasn’t touched upon in trailers
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Immediately after watching the movie I ordered this box. So many possibilities for something awesome (that is not a Quantum suit lol) and the fact that this movie made me appreciate a lot more the Infinity War box got me hooked.

ghostedaway

Postby ghostedaway » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:57 am

Definitely think the pop will be involving the infinity gauntlet
Bryan

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:14 pm

When’s the cut off date for this box? So tempted to do a one-off.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 am

Niteowl_1 wrote:I already love that this could be anything from the movie that wasn’t touched upon in trailers

I have to give them credit for the trailers, too. Usually, by the time I see a movie, I feel like the trailers told me the whole story. This time around, it was VERY unspoiled for me, and I really enjoyed every surprise! Can't wait for the box, and really hoping my top 2 wants from it make it into a 2-pop box this time!
Image ImageImage Image

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 am

GettingSodas wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

And Marvel almost went out of business before their movies took off, but sure, just disregard the movies...
Poppin'

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:31 am

kiptrip wrote:When’s the cut off date for this box? So tempted to do a one-off.

The box is currently sold out.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DNM6GBC

But bookmark that link and keep an eye on social media. It will probably come back up for sale before the end of May when it officially closes.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 am

I'm not one to actively seek out spoilers, but I really can't wait to find out what's in this box. Also I'm surprised it's sold out, although I shouldn't be considering how awesome the movie was.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:23 am

theraven00 wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

And Marvel almost went out of business before their movies took off, but sure, just disregard the movies...

Love the movies but I don’t see why anyone would like to have MCU stuff over comic stuff. Unless you’re not a serious Marvel fan and just hopped on when the movies got popular, which is fine but you’d have to understand why everyone else would be unhappy with that. Marvel is way more than just these movies and Funko neglects the source material so hard. How many years of story telling were there before the movies... a lot... and the comic fans get 5 pops a year maybe and MCU gets like 30.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:57 am

GettingSodas wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:The Deadpool box kinda sucked, as well as the Venom box. Why do we need another version of the same character?

Love the movies but I don’t see why anyone would like to have MCU stuff over comic stuff. Unless you’re not a serious Marvel fan and just hopped on when the movies got popular, which is fine but you’d have to understand why everyone else would be unhappy with that. Marvel is way more than just these movies and Funko neglects the source material so hard. How many years of story telling were there before the movies... a lot... and the comic fans get 5 pops a year maybe and MCU gets like 30.

Fair enough. I'll say that I never really read the comics before the movies, so the movie versions is all I really know.
Poppin'

Classier

Postby Classier » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:21 am

GettingSodas wrote:Love the movies but I don’t see why anyone would like to have MCU stuff over comic stuff. Unless you’re not a serious Marvel fan and just hopped on when the movies got popular, which is fine but you’d have to understand why everyone else would be unhappy with that. Marvel is way more than just these movies and Funko neglects the source material so hard. How many years of story telling were there before the movies... a lot... and the comic fans get 5 pops a year maybe and MCU gets like 30.

Can you not be a fan of both the comics and the movies? Just because you enjoy the MCU doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy comics as well. I do agree that Funko doesn’t make as many comic stuff as they maybe could, but I don’t blame the MCU for it. At the end of the day it all lies on Funko and Marvel to make that stuff, and it seems that Funko just chooses not to a lot of the time.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 am

Classier wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:Love the movies but I don’t see why anyone would like to have MCU stuff over comic stuff. Unless you’re not a serious Marvel fan and just hopped on when the movies got popular, which is fine but you’d have to understand why everyone else would be unhappy with that. Marvel is way more than just these movies and Funko neglects the source material so hard. How many years of story telling were there before the movies... a lot... and the comic fans get 5 pops a year maybe and MCU gets like 30.

Can you not be a fan of both the comics and the movies? Just because you enjoy the MCU doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy comics as well. I do agree that Funko doesn’t make as many comic stuff as they maybe could, but I don’t blame the MCU for it. At the end of the day it all lies on Funko and Marvel to make that stuff, and it seems that Funko just chooses not to a lot of the time.

Apparently you didn’t read what I wrote at all man.

Funky_funko52

Postby Funky_funko52 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:10 pm

EctoSpider wrote:Immediately after watching the movie I ordered this box. So many possibilities for something awesome (that is not a Quantum suit lol) and the fact that this movie made me appreciate a lot more the Infinity War box got me hooked.

I wont spoil but i guarantee its going to be a scene where a character does something another character gets REALLY excited over. If youve seen it you know what i mean
Funky funko 4 life \:D/

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:59 pm

Funky_funko52 wrote:
EctoSpider wrote:Immediately after watching the movie I ordered this box. So many possibilities for something awesome (that is not a Quantum suit lol) and the fact that this movie made me appreciate a lot more the Infinity War box got me hooked.

I wont spoil but i guarantee its going to be a scene where a character does something another character gets REALLY excited over. If youve seen it you know what i mean

I feel I know what scene you're talking about, this would be the best box ever if that were the Pop here!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:02 pm

Classier wrote:

I have been a Fan of Marvel Comics since I was about 5 years old (Now i'm 30) and I Love everything from Marvel, I know that there are decades of source Material and that the MCU is fairly new, but even with all that I am grateful that Funko has decided to hit both Comics and MCU movies, if you think about it, Funko has been making Marvel product way before the MCU Started, right now the MCU is a big thing and that is Good; there was a Time that the comics didn't do that Good, Marvel Movies also were not a thing back in the day but now we have reached a point that the movie industry can actually bring to life iconic things like in the Comics, and we all know that no movie will be an exact copy of its source material, they are things that will change and most of the time is for good, Funko is currently hitting more the MCU because that is what is out there in the Market, cool thing is that they still make comic bock characters on a time that most kids or even adults have only seen the movies
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:14 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
Funky_funko52 wrote:

I feel I know what scene you're talking about, this would be the best box ever if that were the Pop here!

If it's the scene I think you're talking about, I will be very disappointed. I think I am the only one in the universe who hated that moment. It was one of my only complaints from an otherwise fantastic movie.

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:17 pm

I really hope this box is great. So many possibilities!
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

Angel 9708

Postby Angel 9708 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:49 pm

daOCHO wrote:
Angel 9708 wrote:Can anyone give me advice on how to change the shirt size on my subscription. It doesnt give me the option. Do I have to cancel and start a new sub, any advice would help.

Ok I thought that was the only option too lol. Thanks for the advice!
Walking Dead Junkie! ImageImage

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:55 pm

Katers wrote:
Niteowl_1 wrote:I already love that this could be anything from the movie that wasn’t touched upon in trailers

I have to give them credit for the trailers, too. Usually, by the time I see a movie, I feel like the trailers told me the whole story. This time around, it was VERY unspoiled for me, and I really enjoyed every surprise! Can't wait for the box, and really hoping my top 2 wants from it make it into a 2-pop box this time!

I'm happy the movie wasn't spoiled for me but others have not been lucky. I think it's terrible people get a thrill out of ruining something 11 years in the making. People have devoted so much of there lives to see this and others just want to spoil the fun
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:46 am

Niteowl_1 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm happy the movie wasn't spoiled for me but others have not been lucky. I think it's terrible people get a thrill out of ruining something 11 years in the making. People have devoted so much of there lives to see this and others just want to spoil the fun

Unfortunately, trolls are going to find ways to be trolls, no matter what. It's like the people that wanted to spoil the Harry Potter series. Why would you take enjoyment away from someone just for a half-second cheap thrill? I've been refusing to discuss the movie with anyone that hasn't seen it, even people that aren't going to see it, just because I don't want them to turn around and accidentally spoil it for someone!

lol , one of my friends at work used to act like he'd seen an episode of a show so I'd talk about it and spoil it for him. I now refuse to discuss anything with him until he proves to my satisfaction that he's actually seen it. I made him answer 3 questions about Endgame before I'd say anything to him. I also told him this was entirely his own fault, and he was welcome!
Image ImageImage Image

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Angel 9708 wrote:
daOCHO wrote:

Ok I thought that was the only option too lol. Thanks for the advice!

I wouldn't cancel right now though. Seems like the box sold out (for the meantime), so you won't be able to reorder for now.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Boymom4 wrote:I'm not one to actively seek out spoilers, but I really can't wait to find out what's in this box. Also I'm surprised it's sold out, although I shouldn't be considering how awesome the movie was.

I think it sold out because after the movie everyone is hoping that it's going to be something awesome that we saw in the movie that wasn't shown in the trailer. I'm hoping that too but I think that it's unlikely. But given how awesome the movie was and that this is the last Avengers film...the box will be great!
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

margarethk

Postby margarethk » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:24 pm

I tried to order this box but it was sold out. :(
Margaret

Return to “Powered by Funko”