DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
jmlesniewski

Re: DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Postby jmlesniewski » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:49 pm

Starsinureyes wrote:Because I'm refusing to see BvS I'm not going to sub this first box but after this I may go all in for the year! I really hope they do more comic themes!!

Why are you refusing to see it?

Ben

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:20 am

I hope I won't regret not going for the hero box and went for the sidekick, currently cannot afford for a year sub.
Those 1-year incentives might be something I may want and will end up kicking myself.

Hopefully I'll have enough money before March to change my order to Hero sub.
Want: Blue Chrome Batman
Grail: Flashpoint Batman, Conan Batman

wakey

Postby wakey » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:22 am

Has anyone here who is from the UK had someone in the US or Canada act as a middleman for Smugglers Bounty? If so what did it cost them to ship it to you and did you have any issues with custom charges? Just trying to work out if its worth trying to find someone who will do it for me

Fawk wrote:
Kaljor wrote:
wakey wrote:Oh and BTW the saying is 'Couldn't care less' rather than could. I know it's a fairly common mistake especially in America but 'could care less' makes no sense as that implies you do care because you could actually care less than you currently do

This was awesome. :D

You know what's really weird is even in movies and shows this phrase is butchered on a regular basis. I would say more often than not folks misstate it.

Its almost as if in American English its become the correct use because you even see really smart tv/movie writers who have amazing grasps of the English Language butcher it. The biggest problem with this is that that TV and Movies have such an influence that I have even been hearing people using the 'could' version here in the UK. And its just such a lazy mistake for any native English speaker because you know what you are trying to convey when using that saying and with a tiny amount of thought it should be obvious that saying could makes no logical sense

guida19

Postby guida19 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:08 am

I ordered the box. It's my first subscription for pop boxes. I'm pretty excited. The tee shirts will probably be great as well

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:09 am

Sooooo stoked for this box. Ever since the Fundays announcement of this box, I've been hyped about it. My box subscription is complete.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #KeepItPoppin
Facebook: Iz Salazar

dsanders337

Postby dsanders337 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 am

I'm definitely getting the first one, but I'll probably play it month by month for this box. If they do anything from the Arrow and Flash TV shows, I'll be in for it, but some DC stuff I can pass on.

JG2789

Postby JG2789 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:13 am

Wakey, I'm based in Liverpool and got Smugglers Bounty shipped to me from a friend in Florida. It cost me about £21 for the box to be shipped to him, £19 for the cheapest delivery from Florida to Liverpool and then I was charged £23 for customs. I liked the box, but I certainly can't justify £60 give or take each month with DC and Star Wars, so I'm sticking with just Marvel for now. Hope that helps! I've no idea why the customs charge was so high, I've never been charged that much for anything in the past.
Pops: 63
First Pop: Alien
Latest Pop: Finn Stormtrooper Toys R Us exclusive

Marvel Collector Corps Subscriber

wakey

Postby wakey » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:08 pm

JG2789 wrote:Wakey, I'm based in Liverpool and got Smugglers Bounty shipped to me from a friend in Florida. It cost me about £21 for the box to be shipped to him, £19 for the cheapest delivery from Florida to Liverpool and then I was charged £23 for customs. I liked the box, but I certainly can't justify £60 give or take each month with DC and Star Wars, so I'm sticking with just Marvel for now. Hope that helps! I've no idea why the customs charge was so high, I've never been charged that much for anything in the past.

Thanks. That customs charge does seem a little high. Based on the item price and postage I would have expected something closer to £8 to £10 plus then the handling fee of £8 from Royal Mail. Maybe though it wasn't delivered by Royal Mail in which case then maybe it's about right. Or maybe I got the classification of the box wrong and it's a higher rate.

However even at £16 it's getting on the expensive side so I guess that's out

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:52 pm

I'm surprised the first one is the armored Batman since it's it has already been revealed and is on the back of the boxes. I'm still excited.
Hoping the box will have some variety like MCC (and more non Batman characters).
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

dsanders337

Postby dsanders337 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:59 pm

BigM wrote:I'm surprised the first one is the armored Batman since it's it has already been revealed and is on the back of the boxes. I'm still excited.
Hoping the box will have some variety like MCC (and more non Batman characters).

That's pretty similar to what they did with Hulkbuster in the first MCC box, isn't it? And they at least revealed the Chrome Phasma from Smuggler's Bounty before the box shipped. Probably just trying to drum up business for their new subscription box, and it seems to be working :D

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:16 pm

zenith10 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:I find it incredulous that after Funko has used the same box design for every MCC and SB box so far, someone would convince himself that they're using a different design for a subscription box of the same format, based on a mockup.

Oh, youre right...MCC and SB got "mocked up" on the boxes they ship in, but they just didnt feel like doing that for the DC box. Instead they just wanted to use a cheapy Gamestop mystery box and paste the Batman images on it. Totally right, why would they do such a thing.....wait, wouldnt it have been just as easy to "mock up" one of those MCC boxes!? Ermahgerdddd....guess we will find out in March.

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:44 pm

poppetmaster wrote:
zenith10 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:I find it incredulous that after Funko has used the same box design for every MCC and SB box so far, someone would convince himself that they're using a different design for a subscription box of the same format, based on a mockup.

Oh, youre right...MCC and SB got "mocked up" on the boxes they ship in, but they just didnt feel like doing that for the DC box. Instead they just wanted to use a cheapy Gamestop mystery box and paste the Batman images on it. Totally right, why would they do such a thing.....wait, wouldnt it have been just as easy to "mock up" one of those MCC boxes!? Ermahgerdddd....guess we will find out in March.

same boxes
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

Ben

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Hot linking since I'm on my phone but here's the MCC box's first and next: (spoilering since I'm not sure how big the image is)
Spoiler: show

Gamestop like box. Hopefully this will give everyone some peace of mind, including myself. lol
Want: Blue Chrome Batman
Grail: Flashpoint Batman, Conan Batman

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:52 pm

OK! I'm eating crow now!

rsz_eating_crow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:13 pm

Ben wrote:I hope I won't regret not going for the hero box and went for the sidekick, currently cannot afford for a year sub.
Those 1-year incentives might be something I may want and will end up kicking myself.

Hopefully I'll have enough money before March to change my order to Hero sub.

I've finally made up my mind. I'm going with the Sidekick program, too. Looking at Marvel's offerings, it seems some of these boxes will be too specific for my tastes, and I only collect Batman-related Pops. Arrow or Flash themed boxes would have no interest for me, but I'm sure I'll be up for the Suicide Squad offerings, especially if the figure is Katana (fingers crossed).

I, too, am hoping the annual gift is nothing I'll need, or ebay, here I come...

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:29 am

I was out of town for a week and the news I was waiting for hit!
I landed Friday and hit the HERO sub just a few hours after I got home. Yes I know we have 40 plus days but I was not going to miss getting the full year paid and out of the way.
Now the wait begins :-" :-" :-" :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

kings5504

Postby kings5504 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:09 am

I'll skip the first box, but I'm hoping some of the future boxes would be more of the "obscure/fringe" kind that Funko would decide to release through the subscription program instead of general retail. I would totally get a box with a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" theme with an 80's Supergirl (with headband!) and a decaying-face Flash, or a 3-pack POP box with Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy!
Hi, I'm Sal!
--------------------------
WTB: Boba Freddy 1/196

zenith10

Postby zenith10 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:05 am

buf12sbr wrote:Image

same boxes

Even more incredible that someone will go crazy on a mockup, saying that it must be reflecting a different box design being used, without checking that the other mockups that have been released so far are all using that same box design that's different from what's being actually used.

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:12 pm

I'm really on the fence for this box. I am not a huge DC fan - I mostly like Batman and related characters. With that said, I often pick up non-Batman related DC pops so I am sure I'll be interested in those in each box. The other stuff likely won't be very appealing though. Like others though, I may be kicking myself if I don't sign up for the full year and then miss out on the yearly bonus.. Ugh!

Definitely getting this box though for that Armored Batman!

Sharonapple2

Postby Sharonapple2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Got charged for the first box. I'll admit to looking forward to this since the rumours started that Funko was going to do this. (Hoping for a White Lantern Hal Jordan.)

TheFlare

Postby TheFlare » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:37 am

Sharonapple2 wrote:Got charged for the first box. I'll admit to looking forward to this since the rumours started that Funko was going to do this. (Hoping for a White Lantern Hal Jordan.)

Same, hoping for all the blackest night variants as well =)

I felt that the first box is kind of underwhelming though when compared to MCC and SB...
Kindness begets kindness.

ovorc

Postby ovorc » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:12 am

I've been happy with MCC and SB so far and since I'm a huge DC Fan, I'm in for this one too.

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:42 am

Not really caring for the Batman box, I just hate that armored look!

Looking forward to Legend of Tomorrow box though! Hawkfamily duo would be pretty cool, or in would love a White Canary!

Sn0wKing1

Postby Sn0wKing1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:24 pm

Sorry for the poor picture but for those of you that missed it here was a picture of the Armored Batman pop from yesterday.

Pop count...recalculating
Dorbz count...recalculating
Proto count...not enough
Mystery mini count...Calculating...

names Tre
ISO Overwatch protos, Batman the Animated Series protos, and now Destiny protos

Image Image

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Any update on international shipping?
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Tinit

Postby Tinit » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:16 pm

RedRoo wrote:Any update on international shipping?

Already posted in this thread that it wont be any

Better picture of the Armored Batman from Funko Mania periscope
http://s29.postimg.org/grc2ly1dj/armbat.jpg
(did post a link so i wont spoil anything.)

Sn0wKing1

Postby Sn0wKing1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:25 pm

Tinit wrote:
RedRoo wrote:Any update on international shipping?

Already posted in this thread that it wont be any

Better picture of the Armored Batman from Funko Mania periscope
http://s29.postimg.org/grc2ly1dj/armbat.jpg
(did post a link so i wont spoil anything.)

not really sure what you can spoil for something they already revealed....... :-s
Proto count...not enough

names Tre

Image Image

Tinit

Postby Tinit » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:45 pm

Sn0wKing1 wrote:not really sure what you can spoil for something they already revealed....... :-s

I know from some other forums that some uses uses GreaseMonkey to disable picture in some threads on specify forums from showing pictures so that they don't get spoiled, and if they use wrong script then the thread wont show at all so thats why i did post it like that.

If everyone is fine with it I can post it as a picture :)

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Tinit wrote:
Sn0wKing1 wrote:not really sure what you can spoil for something they already revealed....... :-s

I know from some other forums that some uses uses GreaseMonkey to disable picture in some threads on specify forums from showing pictures so that they don't get spoiled, and if they use wrong script then the thread wont show at all so thats why i did post it like that.

The pop is in the promo pic and on the site page so their is no spoiler to worry about
Doug
Team Bacon

Sn0wKing1

Postby Sn0wKing1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:01 pm

buf12sbr wrote:
Tinit wrote:

The pop is in the promo pic and on the site page so their is no spoiler to worry about

^ LOL this was my point I was making.
Proto count...not enough

names Tre

Image Image

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Sn0wKing1 wrote:
buf12sbr wrote:
Tinit wrote:

^ LOL this was my point I was making.

i know lol, sometimes it just needs to be 120% clear for the internet to understand stuff
Doug
Team Bacon

Lost

Postby Lost » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:13 pm

I have yet to do any sub boxes, think I will do the deadpool one and possibly this one, not crazy about the pop. but still might go for it.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:16 pm

I'm subbed, I just hope there isn't more POP Home mugs in the boxes...I think it's a cheap way to fill the box with items people would pass on if they weren't mystery items.
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:53 am

Does anyone know if we could sub to all three new boxes and get the stars wars first box? I don't really like the resistance one

Bantha

Postby Bantha » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Mysterious wrote:Does anyone know if we could sub to all three new boxes and get the stars wars first box? I don't really like the resistance one

If you sign up now for the Cantina Box, you'll get the option to buy either of the first 2 boxes. You can just buy the First Order box if that's what you want.

I just signed up for MCC Deadpool box and got the option for any of the prior MCC boxes so I picked up the Avengers box. Villains was out, boo.

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:04 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:I'm subbed, I just hope there isn't more POP Home mugs in the boxes...I think it's a cheap way to fill the box with items people would pass on if they weren't mystery items.

Amen! I am not a fan of the mugs in the sub boxes at all. I know some people are and that's not to say they aren't kind of cool, I just would never buy one for myself, not even on clearance.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:26 pm

The Head wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:I'm subbed, I just hope there isn't more POP Home mugs in the boxes...I think it's a cheap way to fill the box with items people would pass on if they weren't mystery items.

Amen! I am not a fan of the mugs in the sub boxes at all. I know some people are and that's not to say they aren't kind of cool, I just would never buy one for myself, not even on clearance.

I don't consider them as junk...I'm just in it for the POPs, Dorbz, Hikari's..heck, even the Wobbler's, Blox, Spastiks.. Just hold the mugs please Funko ;-) I have the Star Lord & C-3P0 mugs now...no need for more lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Lost

Postby Lost » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:37 pm

Bantha wrote:
Mysterious wrote:Does anyone know if we could sub to all three new boxes and get the stars wars first box? I don't really like the resistance one

If you sign up now for the Cantina Box, you'll get the option to buy either of the first 2 boxes. You can just buy the First Order box if that's what you want.

I just signed up for MCC Deadpool box and got the option for any of the prior MCC boxes so I picked up the Avengers box. Villains was out, boo.

you are saying if you sign up for the deadpool box you have the option of getting the box with hulkbuster for $25?

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Lost wrote:
Bantha wrote:

you are saying if you sign up for the deadpool box you have the option of getting the box with hulkbuster for $25?

All I know is I can't wait to see what the MCC Founders gift is... Really hope it's very good to fork out all the money up front when you essentially don't even have to order the boxes to see what's in them, and just order them after the fact. [-o<
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Sn0wKing1

Postby Sn0wKing1 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:50 pm

All I know is I can't wait to see what the MCC Founders gift is... Really hope it's very good to fork out all the money up front when you essentially don't even have to order the boxes to see what's in them, and just order them after the fact. [-o<[/quote]

All I know is I hope it's not a Pop. lol
Proto count...not enough

names Tre

Image Image

Return to “Powered by Funko”