Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Annual subscriptions coming to an end

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
aswjmw

Re: Annual subscriptions coming to an end

Postby aswjmw » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 am

So, one thing they didn’t say was if we are going to get one last Annual Gift. I have the LoC annual so will we get a 2nd annual gift this year since it did renew for a 2nd year before it went bi-monthly

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:19 am

I think whatever they promised when you originally subscribed, you will definitely receive.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

GraySea

Postby GraySea » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 am

aswjmw wrote:So, one thing they didn’t say was if we are going to get one last Annual Gift. I have the LoC annual so will we get a 2nd annual gift this year since it did renew for a 2nd year before it went bi-monthly

I hope there's an annual gift for 2nd year too. That's the only reason I went with the annual membership.
I LOVE DORBZ. \:D/

lilsnoopy714

Postby lilsnoopy714 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Mos_Eisley wrote:Disappointing. Seems like a bad idea. Now I'll just pick and choose boxes, likely resulting in me buying fewer boxes. But I guess this is how you stop giving away Founder, Pioneer, etc gifts.

didnt the boxes come out cheaper by getting the year? such a bummer they did this wanted to get an annual sub for the disney box

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:18 pm

lilsnoopy714 wrote:
Mos_Eisley wrote:Disappointing. Seems like a bad idea. Now I'll just pick and choose boxes, likely resulting in me buying fewer boxes. But I guess this is how you stop giving away Founder, Pioneer, etc gifts.

didnt the boxes come out cheaper by getting the year? such a bummer they did this wanted to get an annual sub for the disney box

Cost was exactly the same, you just paid it all upfront and got a bonus gift for it.

lilsnoopy714

Postby lilsnoopy714 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Mos_Eisley wrote:
lilsnoopy714 wrote:

Cost was exactly the same, you just paid it all upfront and got a bonus gift for it.

you would think that the yearly subscription would generate them more sales, maybe producting the yearly gift was too much of a cost for them, bummer.

Blazingorchidlv

Postby Blazingorchidlv » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:52 am

They announced this... and then in December my sister was charged for her yearly on one of the boxes... so is it starting this year?
:freddy2: ~*Kim*~

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 pm

I just hope they will keep the Disney boxes going even though they can no longer be bought on an annual basis.

YamiJV

Postby YamiJV » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 pm

damm son that sucks
Hi I'm Jimmy!
Gokai change! Gokai Blue!!!!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Blazingorchidlv wrote:They announced this... and then in December my sister was charged for her yearly on one of the boxes... so is it starting this year?

I believe so I got charged for a full year on my Smugglers Bounty.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 pm

NCDS wrote:
Blazingorchidlv wrote:They announced this... and then in December my sister was charged for her yearly on one of the boxes... so is it starting this year?

Interesting, I thought yearly subscriptions were ending.
Collecting since 2014

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

They are it's just more of a phase out in 2018 then all at once due to people signed up at various times. No one in 2018 should be charged a full year but any full years paid for in 2017 are being honored.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:31 pm

I really liked the convenience of being auto charged for the one year.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:37 pm

BenLo wrote:I really liked the convenience of being auto charged for the one year.

I do as well. I am sad they are taking that away per an email they sent out a month or so ago.
Collecting since 2014

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
BenLo wrote:I really liked the convenience of being auto charged for the one year.

I do as well. I am sad they are taking that away per an email they sent out a month or so ago.

Now i actually have to pay attention to the cut off dates for the boxes.....which I'm not that great at. LOL!

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:14 pm

NCDS wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

They are it's just more of a phase out in 2018 then all at once due to people signed up at various times. No one in 2018 should be charged a full year but any full years paid for in 2017 are being honored.

I hope they charge me a full year for my Disney Treasures for 2018.

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:04 pm

lilsnoopy714 wrote:
Mos_Eisley wrote:
lilsnoopy714 wrote:

you would think that the yearly subscription would generate them more sales, maybe producting the yearly gift was too much of a cost for them, bummer.

The Disney boxes were cheaper as an annual, or even the 6 month option, than the month to month price.

I don't believe it was a cost issue for a yearly gift. I think that Funko becoming publicly traded was in the planning stages for much longer than we knew about; and they were determining how to cut overhead. So much negative feedback on the sub boxes in general had to play into their decision too.

PandaKnight2005

Postby PandaKnight2005 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:45 pm

Well I got to sign up for a year in SB.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:35 am

PandaKnight2005 wrote:Well I got to sign up for a year in SB.

I'll find out soon enough if I can renew my Disney yearly Sub ... Year One is almost over.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Wickedfunko

Postby Wickedfunko » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm

So they way I understand it, I'm not going to be charged for a full year in 2 days its just going to revert to a bimonthly correct?
Just a man with a pug :freddy2:

ISO: Freddy HQ Space Needle

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Wickedfunko wrote:So they way I understand it, I'm not going to be charged for a full year in 2 days its just going to revert to a bimonthly correct?

Yep

Angel 9708

Postby Angel 9708 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:52 am

BenLo wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Now i actually have to pay attention to the cut off dates for the boxes.....which I'm not that great at. LOL!

This is really sad for the ones who were loyal customers from the beginning like me. I'm gonna miss yearly subs. Especially the founders sub! :(
Walking Dead Junkie! ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:49 am

Angel 9708 wrote:
BenLo wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

This is really sad for the ones who were loyal customers from the beginning like me. I'm gonna miss yearly subs. Especially the founders sub! :(

I agree with you. I am going to miss the yearly subs especially on the Disney side.
Collecting since 2014

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Collector Corps Ending

Postby Chase Variant » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:57 am

Got the e-mail. April box available for purchase now. Will be last one. They are still doing Marvel boxes, but they’ll be at retail, available from an exclusive retailer.

cheekylyssa

Re: Collector Corps Ending

Postby cheekylyssa » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:07 am

Too bad the site won’t load. Grr.

moonkat2020

Postby moonkat2020 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:08 am

Chase Variant wrote:Got the e-mail. April box available for purchase now. Will be last one. They are still doing Marvel boxes, but they’ll be at retail, available from an exclusive retailer.

Yeah apparently all their subscription boxes will be ending soon. I was totally shocked! I wonder how it will work via retail? IDK if I'll get as many or as often since they may be a pain to find. If they team up with F.Y.E. like Japan Crate does for special edition boxes then it may not be so bad.

thestewtaylor

Postby thestewtaylor » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:14 am

I managed to log in - get to the page to order the last box - and was then hit with a 'Country' drop down only Showing the USA and Canada...no UK...

looks like im not getting the last box!
I'm Stew

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:16 am

thestewtaylor wrote:I managed to log in - get to the page to order the last box - and was then hit with a 'Country' drop down only Showing the USA and Canada...no UK...

Have you been able to ship to the UK in the past?

thestewtaylor

Postby thestewtaylor » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 am

pinklaquer wrote:
thestewtaylor wrote:I managed to log in - get to the page to order the last box - and was then hit with a 'Country' drop down only Showing the USA and Canada...no UK...

yeah, subscription wise - every box. We've never been able to purchase individual boxes through the site though!
I'm Stew

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:21 am

thestewtaylor wrote:
pinklaquer wrote:

yeah, subscription wise - every box. We've never been able to purchase individual boxes through the site though!

That's a bummer :/

DefNotBlitz

Legion of Collectors Ending

Postby DefNotBlitz » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:31 am

Looks like it's all over for LoC. Funko will eternally owe me the anniversary gift which hasn't even been put on my account yet. Judging by how others are receiving the same Batman as the 1st year, maybe it's a good thing. Either way, I'm immensely disappointed in Funko.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

pinklaquer

Re: Legion of Collectors Ending

Postby pinklaquer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:45 am

It's sad but not the end of all things. You never know... Subs may return in the future?!?

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:44 am

I'm curious to know where the boxes will be sold at retail. Hopefully they won't be too hard to get in store.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:47 am

It's sad to see the sub boxes go. Hopefully the exclusive retailer will be easy to get them from because not everyone has every store near them and not all stores get the same stock :/
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:50 am

Strending625 wrote:It's sad to see the sub boxes go. Hopefully the exclusive retailer will be easy to get them from because not everyone has every store near them and not all stores get the same stock :/

I'm hoping it's still an online thing.

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

MrBear

Postby MrBear » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:59 am

I wonder how much of the website issues is people trying to get in... It just finished loading and it says it is down for maintenance... It may not end up being that big of a deal but I really feel the subscription services have been more cumbersome as of late. Some have sold out way too fast (I still am very upset about the Ariel) or the hints given have been lacking. The themes of the Disney boxes are so vague that it can be hard to guess. The other three give you a much better idea in terms of theme. I wonder if a "retailer" will make it worse or better? I have been kind of disenchanted with POPs as of late; especially if that entails dealing direct with Funko. I have not tried to make a purchase on Funko Shop in awhile. The new system seems to just trade one headache for another.

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:09 am

Wow! Just waking up and seeing the news. Pretty disappointing for me. I've been loyal and have collected every one so far. Not sure what's prompted the move. Regardless, definitely looking forward to the last box. We'll just have to wait and see what happens next. :-/

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:11 am

Considering how the boxes have been lately I am not surprised that this is getting pawned off to retailers. I do not see these being as good at retailers so that will help me save some time and money.
It is sad though. Sad to see all of the boxes going this route especially the Disney box
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:13 am

Lame, have subscribed since day 1. Oh well, it's $ saved and less business for funko. I can't see the retail ones offering shirts, probably more like Thor Ragnarock box coming to retailers. Should have just made them limited to avoid overstock.

Bad news today, but I'll get the last two boxes to finish the set.

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:14 am

I just got the e-mail about Smugglers Bounty ending as well. Moving to retail? Seems like a great way to feed the flippers while screwing your loyal customers. Well done Funko, you've just helped me SAVE money! I don't think that's what you wanted to do, is it?

Return to “Powered by Funko”