DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:13 pm

Sn0wKing1 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:All I know is I can't wait to see what the MCC Founders gift is... Really hope it's very good to fork out all the money up front when you essentially don't even have to order the boxes to see what's in them, and just order them after the fact. [-o<

All I know is I hope it's not a Pop. lol

I would LOVE it to be a POP!!! :violent3: Much prefer that over a statue =P~
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Sn0wKing1

Postby Sn0wKing1 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:22 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Sn0wKing1 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:All I know is I can't wait to see what the MCC Founders gift is... Really hope it's very good to fork out all the money up front when you essentially don't even have to order the boxes to see what's in them, and just order them after the fact. [-o<

All I know is I hope it's not a Pop. lol

I would LOVE it to be a POP!!! :violent3: Much prefer that over a statue =P~

If it's a pop that's just gonna make it that much harder for me to get it if it's something I want.
Pop count...recalculating
Dorbz count...recalculating
Proto count...not enough
Mystery mini count...Calculating...

names Tre
ISO Overwatch protos, Batman the Animated Series protos, and now Destiny protos

Image Image

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:55 pm

Tinit wrote:
RedRoo wrote:Any update on international shipping?

Already posted in this thread that it wont be any

Better picture of the Armored Batman from Funko Mania periscope
http://s29.postimg.org/grc2ly1dj/armbat.jpg
(did post a link so i wont spoil anything.)

I asked if there was an update, they sead they haven't got the rights yet so it means they might.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:09 pm

Sn0wKing1 wrote:
If it's a pop that's just gonna make it that much harder for me to get it if it's something I want.

I'm sure some toy and comic shops ordered several founders subscriptions just so they could sell these anniversary gifts, so you'll see people selling it ;-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

TurboBacon

Postby TurboBacon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:24 pm

Not impressed with the 1st box thus far, all the sub boxes seem the same anymore really. They need to innovate some new format for them. Not a huge batman fan, I have my fair share of batman pops but the armor one isn't too appealing.

I plan on subbing on the next box, we'll see. Looking for some real unique and obscure DC stuff.

Bantha

Postby Bantha » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:16 pm

Lost wrote:
Bantha wrote:
Mysterious wrote:Does anyone know if we could sub to all three new boxes and get the stars wars first box? I don't really like the resistance one

If you sign up now for the Cantina Box, you'll get the option to buy either of the first 2 boxes. You can just buy the First Order box if that's what you want.

I just signed up for MCC Deadpool box and got the option for any of the prior MCC boxes so I picked up the Avengers box. Villains was out, boo.

you are saying if you sign up for the deadpool box you have the option of getting the box with hulkbuster for $25?

That is correct. The only box that was not available to pick up after the fact was the Villain Box. So yes, if you order the Deadpool Box, you can buy the Avengers Box with the Hulkbuster for $25.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:07 am

Bantha wrote:
Lost wrote:
Bantha wrote:
Mysterious wrote:Does anyone know if we could sub to all three new boxes and get the stars wars first box? I don't really like the resistance one

If you sign up now for the Cantina Box, you'll get the option to buy either of the first 2 boxes. You can just buy the First Order box if that's what you want.

I just signed up for MCC Deadpool box and got the option for any of the prior MCC boxes so I picked up the Avengers box. Villains was out, boo.

you are saying if you sign up for the deadpool box you have the option of getting the box with hulkbuster for $25?

That is correct. The only box that was not available to pick up after the fact was the Villain Box. So yes, if you order the Deadpool Box, you can buy the Avengers Box with the Hulkbuster for $25.

Wow, so they actually sold out of villains boxes!? Like...legit sold out!? 8-[ I actually prefer that...I don't care for the fact they are always available...takes away from being a supporter when you truly didn't know what you would get in your box...as opposed to just ordering it after the fact. Lessens the number of subscribers for them too when people know they can just wait until whenever to order the boxes...
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

haydenstorm
Hall of Fame Class of 2021
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Postby haydenstorm » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:21 pm

Would love some hats in the DC boxes. :-)
John
Proud host of F.D.O. 6 ,and F.D.O. 7, F.D.O.8

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:35 pm

WHY was the Villains box completely sold out?? Was pretty disappointed with Morbius, and a TON of people are STILL trying to get rid of him lol

Bantha

Postby Bantha » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:42 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Bantha wrote:
Lost wrote:
Bantha wrote:

Wow, so they actually sold out of villains boxes!? Like...legit sold out!? 8-[ I actually prefer that...I don't care for the fact they are always available...takes away from being a supporter when you truly didn't know what you would get in your box...as opposed to just ordering it after the fact. Lessens the number of subscribers for them too when people know they can just wait until whenever to order the boxes...

I agree with you. I think they should retire boxes after a certain time frame, makes them more exclusive. I understand they probably still have stock they want to move and that's why they are still available, so when I saw the opportunity, I took them up on it.

They shouldn't, however, make more available after they sell out, yeah?!

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:33 pm

OK...signed up. I didn't jump on it like I did the Star Wars and Marvel ones because I'm fairly over Batman. BUT - love WW and a ton of other DC characters so hopefully we get some cool stuff coming!
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:21 pm

Bantha wrote:
I agree with you. I think they should retire boxes after a certain time frame, makes them more exclusive. I understand they probably still have stock they want to move and that's why they are still available, so when I saw the opportunity, I took them up on it.

I just don't understand how so many were made after the initial boxes... A disservice to the loyal subscribers in my opinion. Reward the people that took the chance on the box BEFORE seeing it. The people who order the previous boxes with the next box (not everyone, but droves of people) just end up putting them on blast when they have to wait and wait, and wait some more.. It's an easy issue to correct.. lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:21 pm

LETS SEE NEW RIDDLER, PENGUIN AND TWO FACE MOLDS

Bantha

Postby Bantha » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:28 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Bantha wrote:

I just don't understand how so many were made after the initial boxes... A disservice to the loyal subscribers in my opinion. Reward the people that took the chance on the box BEFORE seeing it. The people who order the previous boxes with the next box (not everyone, but droves of people) just end up putting them on blast when they have to wait and wait, and wait some more.. It's an easy issue to correct.. lol

I'm sure they had them well into production before the deadline so they could ship them out shortly after. I assume that they had an estimated amount of boxes they would sell and at the end of the deadline they did not hit that number, so instead of tossing them, they made them available to newcomers. At least they are only available for those who subscribe to the service and only at that time of subscription.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:37 pm

Bantha wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
Bantha wrote:

I'm sure they had them well into production before the deadline so they could ship them out shortly after. I assume that they had an estimated amount of boxes they would sell and at the end of the deadline they did not hit that number, so instead of tossing them, they made them available to newcomers. At least they are only available for those who subscribe to the service and only at that time of subscription.

I'm happy people can still get them..it's not that i don't want everybody to enjoy a Hulkbuster the same as i do! I just would've thought it would've been more similar to the Loot Crate gimmick; if you don't order before the deadline, you miss out. As a Founder...i would've expected a few things to of been a little different..but we'll see what they send for my anniversary gift lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

squidward

Postby squidward » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:43 pm

I think that previous boxes should not be available after a certain deadline. That could be before shipping the box for the first time, or maybe 1 box after but only to new subscribers. Then it's gone. It requires better demand planning and sales forecasting.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Sincerely

Postby Sincerely » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:43 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Bantha wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
Bantha wrote:

I'm happy people can still get them..it's not that i don't want everybody to enjoy a Hulkbuster the same as i do! I just would've thought it would've been more similar to the Loot Crate gimmick; if you don't order before the deadline, you miss out. As a Founder...i would've expected a few things to of been a little different..but we'll see what they send for my anniversary gift lol

I think the reason they made so many more than their subscriptions was to have a safety blanket in case some orders needed to be replaced. I know especially the hulkbuster box they had to send replacements or orders went missing, or some arrived broken, but it is weird it's not sold out yet

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:51 pm

squidward wrote:I think that previous boxes should not be available after a certain deadline. That could be before shipping the box for the first time, or maybe 1 box after but only to new subscribers. Then it's gone. It requires better demand planning and sales forecasting.

Yes, simply stated...only available for a limited time! I agree Squid :thumbleft:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Bantha

Postby Bantha » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Sincerely wrote:
I think the reason they made so many more than their subscriptions was to have a safety blanket in case some orders needed to be replaced. I know especially the hulkbuster box they had to send replacements or orders went missing, or some arrived broken, but it is weird it's not sold out yet

Maybe I got the last one, ha!

CampBhoy67

Postby CampBhoy67 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Could do what loot crate does. Once the date is passed, you can't order that box anymore. However, every few months there can be a previous box sale.
James, of House Campbell.
Wish list: Riddler, Penguin, Sinestro, Rorschach, Joker 2 pack, Alan w/ Baby Carlos
IG: funko_diggle

Xifox

Postby Xifox » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:22 pm

I'm thankful that they allow you to purchase the past boxes, otherwise I would have missed out on something I didn't even know existed until after the fact. I understand why some don't like this idea, but it's hard to know about these things sometimes. I don't think people should be left out of it just because they didn't know about it until it was too late.

Ske7ch

Postby Ske7ch » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:37 pm

I need this in my life.

Just call me Manny

ISO Metallic Chase Riddler & Penguin

ImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:29 pm

Ske7ch wrote:I need this in my life.

CONSUME!! CONSUME!!! Buy more subscription box's!!! :smt117
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Bantha

Postby Bantha » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:39 pm

Legion of Collectors will give a hint about what's inside the BatmanVsSuperman box when they reach 20K followers on Twitter.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:43 pm

Bantha wrote:Legion of Collectors will give a hint about what's inside the BatmanVsSuperman box when they reach 20K followers on Twitter.

Did they not already reveal the POP...armored Batman..!?!? :smt104
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:10 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Bantha wrote:Legion of Collectors will give a hint about what's inside the BatmanVsSuperman box when they reach 20K followers on Twitter.

maybe a comic? idk

Bantha

Postby Bantha » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:52 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:

I'm guessing it is a hint at something else. A comic like Mysterious said or maybe a clue to a 2nd Pop or other item in the box.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:53 pm

Mysterious wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

maybe a comic? idk

Oh..i thought maybe there would be a second POP or something!! :roflmao:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:21 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Mysterious wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

maybe a comic? idk

if that is true Clark Kent in nerdy stuff lol

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:53 pm

Mysterious wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
Mysterious wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

maybe a comic? idk

if that is true Clark Kent in nerdy stuff lol

There needs to be a Doomsday 6" in there too!! That would leave stains in droves of collectors pants!! :smt066
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Doomsday confirmed in movie xD

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:04 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Mysterious wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

maybe a comic? idk

HEres the doomsday in person lol HE wants a kiss Image

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:03 pm

Mysterious wrote:
Heres the doomsday in person lol HE wants a kiss Image

Nice!! ;-)

COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:19 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Mysterious wrote:
Heres the doomsday in person lol HE wants a kiss Image

Nice!! ;-)

Is that American Wolf In London AND EW lol

Bantha

Postby Bantha » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:24 pm

I believe that is from Cabin in the Woods or something like that...

SaintsRow2008

Postby SaintsRow2008 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Managed to subscribe earlier today! This will be my first subscription box from Funko, maybe even my first subscription box in general.
-Austin

1st Pop: Superman
100th Pop: SDCC 2016 Metallic Beerus
200th Pop: Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
300th Pop: Hitoshi Shinso
Latest Pop(s): Oh-Il nam, Gi-hun, Ali, Walter White, Dr. Strange Supreme, and Towelie
Current Pop amount: 387
Rarest Pop(s): The Walking Dead Prison Glenn proto and Tekken King proto
Received 100th Pop on: August 11th, 2016
Received 200th Pop on: March 5th, 2018
Received 300th Pop on April 29th, 2020

Sn0wKing1

Postby Sn0wKing1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:17 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
There needs to be a Doomsday 6" in there too!! That would leave stains in droves of collectors pants!! :smt066

I'm actually hoping that they save some of the other pops for SDCC this year. Especially since I'm finally planning a trip there haha.
Pop count...recalculating
Dorbz count...recalculating
Proto count...not enough
Mystery mini count...Calculating...

names Tre
ISO Overwatch protos, Batman the Animated Series protos, and now Destiny protos

Image Image

pdpdiamonds

Postby pdpdiamonds » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:25 am

Sn0wKing1 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

I'm actually hoping that they save some of the other pops for SDCC this year. Especially since I'm finally planning a trip there haha.

My bro and I hope to score some badges for SDCC this year and fly West as well!
Just another Funko Pop Funatic
Boston Born and Bred
Mechanical Engineer by Trade
Entrepreneur
Kid at Heart (Aren't we all)

Ben

Postby Ben » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:13 pm

[youtube]BXbbcRPEoIU[/youtube]
I really wish the eyes were glow.
Want: Blue Chrome Batman
Grail: Flashpoint Batman, Conan Batman

Ske7ch

Postby Ske7ch » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:17 pm

Ben wrote:[youtube]BXbbcRPEoIU[/youtube]
I really wish the eyes were glow.

*sigh* thats it...I'm ordering....I hate all of you....

Just call me Manny

ISO Metallic Chase Riddler & Penguin

ImageImage

Return to “Powered by Funko”