MCC December X-Men

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Coulsonsss

Re: MCC December X-Men

Postby Coulsonsss » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:22 am

Ughgghhhh

I forgot about this stupid box and when I went to turn my auto renew off it won't let me.

I hope deleting my payment info works.

Hi, I'm Claire.
- - - - - -
Part time S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, full time collector

osakahedgehog3

Postby osakahedgehog3 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:42 am

Admittedly very excited about the potential for this box, especially how the recent X-Men Pops (i.e. Cable and Archangel in particular) turned out.
Funko Collection

All-Time Favorite Pop! Vinyl: WWE CM Punk - Hot Topic Edition
Favorite Most Recently Bought Pop! Vinyl: Aggretsuko 10" inch
Most Wanted Pop! Vinyl: Mono Conan O'Brien

All-Time Favorite Dorbz: Thanos XL
Favorite Most Recently Bought Dorbz: Iron Fist
Most Wanted Dorbz: Bullseye Batman

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:10 am

grandpa_stern wrote:I wish this ride would be Prof X in his normal wheelchair. I would vomit with delight!

I would reactivate my subscription instantly if that is the ride LOL
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 am

Lonikins wrote:
grandpa_stern wrote:I wish this ride would be Prof X in his normal wheelchair. I would vomit with delight!

You and I are best friends now! :freddy2:
I'm Josh

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:52 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

You and I are best friends now! :freddy2:

YAAAAAAAAAY!!! \:D/ :occasion5:
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:51 pm

The money came out of my bank account, it's getting real now, haha.
Can't wait!!!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:18 pm

I can't wait to see what everyone got in this box! :cheers:

Sn0wKing1

Postby Sn0wKing1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:55 am

As much as I love the idea of Iceman on a Ice wave I don't think that would be enough for it to really be considered a "ride". Both Silver Surfer and Prof X in the wheelchair are only regular pops and I feel Iceman would be along the same lines. I do think Funko is capitalizing on the excitement of the upcoming Logan movie, so seeing Logan on his bike seems like the right move imo. The blackbird doesn't seem like enough to make it a box exclusive, especially when there already is a dorbz one.
Pop count...recalculating
Dorbz count...recalculating
Proto count...not enough
Mystery mini count...Calculating...

names Tre
ISO Overwatch protos, Batman the Animated Series protos, and now Destiny protos

Image Image

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:20 am

Marvelous WD wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:
absyrd wrote:Gonna need to be a scarf in there to protect the ride.

Don't even joke. lol

I was thinking maybe the ride will prevent a mug and/or hat being in the box. Here comes the Ice Man scarf but hopeful for a shirt.

An IceMan scarf sounds fantastic!! :D
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:33 am

There hasn't been any sort of 'spoiler' like with the Star Wars box has there? I love X-Men but I never liked bobbleheads, so I don't get the Marvel pops... However, I started getting the X-Men Dorbz. I'd sooner subscribe if I knew there'd be a Dorbz, even if I don't know who the Dorbz will be of lol

Stu

Postby Stu » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:39 pm

It is probably going to be something already guessed (Blackbird with a different pilot, Logan on his motorcycle, Cyclops in his convertible, Ice Man riding an Ice Wave) but what if it were something outside the box? Gladiator on a Shi'ar mother ship? Corsair and the Starjammer? Yeah, it is not going to be either of those...
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Stu wrote:It is probably going to be something already guessed (Blackbird with a different pilot, Logan on his motorcycle, Cyclops in his convertible, Ice Man riding an Ice Wave) but what if it were something outside the box? Gladiator on a Shi'ar mother ship? Corsair and the Starjammer? Yeah, it is not going to be either of those...

It really won't but I'd cry for Corsair and the Starjammer.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

jact

Postby jact » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:57 pm

Cyclops on his convertible would be great. I think it'd be better if they do a Logan pop closer to the release of the film. Just my two cents.
Total pops: 42
Holy Grail: Dr. Doom

TheBatmanGuy

Postby TheBatmanGuy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Hopefully, I can post this in the right thread this time, lol.

So, they released a new teaser video:

Spoiler: show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4koB7-iBco

My thoughts:

This probably means a Mystique Rock Candy? The fact that Wolverine is on the front of the box and was in a past teaser video, means I think it's safe to assume Logan & his Motorcycle is going to be the Pop/Ride.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:11 pm

TheBatmanGuy wrote:Hopefully, I can post this in the right thread this time, lol.

So, they released a new teaser video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4koB7-iBco

My thoughts:

This probably means a Mystique Rock Candy? The fact that Wolverine is on the front of the box and was in a past teaser video, means I think it's safe to assume Logan & his Motorcycle is going to be the Pop/Ride.

If you are right, I'd have kicked myself had I decided to cancel. A Mystique RC or Dorbz would be fantastic!
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

TheBatmanGuy

Postby TheBatmanGuy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:53 pm

At first, I kind of thought this was hinting towards Ice Man, until someone mentioned Mystique on Reddit. Then it was like...oh...yeah, that makes more sense, lol. Since it does look like her "phasing" and all. Since they already have done a Mystique Dorbz it could be a different variant (maybe a variant of her in the attire she wore in the recent movies, or a "phasing" variant?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Rock Candy, though, since they already have done a Dorbz of her. Though, since the most recent Star Wars box got more than 1 Pop, there's a chance this box may too. In that case, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "phasing" variant of a Pop. If I were to guess, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it of Jennifer Lawerence's portrayal from the recent movies. They could use the Katniss Pops head mold, most likely, with the hair being different. Then they could have her in the outfit from the movies, with maybe her hands/feet/and part of her head starting to "phase". I don't know, just an idea. It's all speculation at this point.

I'm pretty new to Pop/Funko collecting, though, and I was curious if Funko has ever done a ride that didn't include the related Dorbz or Pop with it? I was wondering if there was a possibility that they could have a Pop that's unrelated to the ride. I suppose it's possible, though, it seems unlikely.
Last edited by TheBatmanGuy on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:55 pm

TheBatmanGuy wrote:
At first, I kind of thought this was hinting towards Ice Man, until someone mentioned Mystique on Reddit. Then it was like...oh...yeah, that makes more sense, lol. Since it does look like her "phasing" and all. Since they already have done a Mystique Dorbz it could be a different variant (maybe a variant of her in the attire she wore in the recent movies, or a "phasing" variant?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Rock Candy, though, since they already have done a Dorbz of her. Though, since the most recent Star Wars box got more than 1 Pop, there's a chance this box may too. In that case, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "phasing" variant of a Pop. If I were to guess, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it of Jennifer Lawerence's portrayal from the recent movies. They could use the Katniss Pops head mold, most likely, with the hair being different. Then they could have her in the outfit from the movies, with maybe her hands/feet/and part of her head starting to "phase". I don't know, just an idea. It's all speculation at this point.

They can't do anything from the movies due to licensing rights, but I hope it's not another Pop of her. :( I'd rather it be a new character than an updated mold. A Rock Candy would be awesome though. She'd look awesome as one.

TheBatmanGuy

Postby TheBatmanGuy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:59 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
They can't do anything from the movies due to licensing rights, but I hope it's not another Pop of her. :( I'd rather it be a new character than an updated mold. A Rock Candy would be awesome though. She'd look awesome as one.

Oh crap, you're completely right! I had forgot about that. So it definitely has to be a comics version of the character.

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:59 am

After that teaser with the phasing and "villainous" music tone I was think of mystique too but the color was darker than i would think for her. I would love it to be apocalypse or mr sinister dorbz

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:56 am

The MCC would be the perfect way to release Forge, especially if he comes with the Blackbird, however I do not think that's what is in the box. I think it will be Wolverine with his bike and now with the second teaser a form of Mystique. A rock candy would be perfect because I've been dying for Marvel Rock Candys to be made so I can buy them all for my daughter, especially if it's a line of X-Men!

I've said it before, but I'm excited for this box!! I hope it comes quickly like the last one did! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:48 am

Ughhhh, seems more and more likely they will mess up this box. They don't need to force rock candy (barbie) Dolls on everyone. Calling it now, pop ride, rock candy, hat and scarf. Mass cancellations to follow.

I hope not tho.

Redhead01

Postby Redhead01 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:16 am

i have the one year sub so im getting it either way. it will either be a new addition to my collection or a gift to someone so all in all i think im fine
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... I5WQQ7HK1/

ISO
Maleficent(Movie)

Pintsized heroes Power Rangers Zordon, Lord Zedd, Unmasked Yellow, and Unmasked White

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:51 am

I usually try to avoid spoilers but I'm really curious what the Ride is so I think I'll have to peek whenever the first spoilers surface :-)
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:57 am

I'm so hoping it's not Wolverine and his motorcycle. I know some people think it's cool and iconic, but it's such a snooze fest for me.
I'm Josh

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:10 pm

FredKruger wrote:Ughhhh, seems more and more likely they will mess up this box. They don't need to force rock candy (barbie) Dolls on everyone. Calling it now, pop ride, rock candy, hat and scarf. Mass cancellations to follow.

I hope not tho.

I don't know, that sound like a he!! of a value to me for $25. And Rock Candy is not even my cup of tea but I bet a few folk would be stoked to get a Dark Phoenix or Mystique variant exclusive...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:37 pm

I'd love an X-Men scarf. :-k

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:47 pm

mohawkjones wrote:I don't know, that sound like a he!! of a value to me for $25. And Rock Candy is not even my cup of tea but I bet a few folk would be stoked to get a Dark Phoenix or Mystique variant exclusive...

Pop Rides retail for 25 bucks, and if they're exclusives they're sometimes higher than that. Anything else in the box is just gravy as far as I'm concerned, I'm in it for the Ride :-) I was dead set against ever buying a Rock Candy. Until I bought a GS box. WOW. Enchantress, WOW. Funko surprised me again.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:31 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
FredKruger wrote:Ughhhh, seems more and more likely they will mess up this box. They don't need to force rock candy (barbie) Dolls on everyone. Calling it now, pop ride, rock candy, hat and scarf. Mass cancellations to follow.

I hope not tho.

I don't know, that sound like a he!! of a value to me for $25. And Rock Candy is not even my cup of tea but I bet a few folk would be stoked to get a Dark Phoenix or Mystique variant exclusive...

After announcing Marvel Rock Candies, a lot of people have hopped on board the Rock Candy wagon. They're actually really cool and stylized very well. I even bought a Wonder Woman one simply because I loved the style so much, even though I'm not a DC fan at all. With the Marvel licence, I'd love to see an X-Man Rock Candy!

And, again, the Pop is coming with an entire Pop Ride! It's winter, so hat and scarf won't be the end of the world haha. Million bucks you'll complain about it, then wear those things next time it snows lol

I'm worried about Funko's and MCC's morale after this box. It's one of the most anticipated MCC boxes ever (X-Men fans have been deprived of decent merch for so long), and knowing how vocal some people are on these forums, intense disappointment is inevitable.

But hey, if you don't want your Rock Candy or scarf, I'll gladly take it off your hands! \:D/
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:22 pm

RoboFist wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

I hope not tho.

After announcing Marvel Rock Candies, a lot of people have hopped on board the Rock Candy wagon. They're actually really cool and stylized very well. I even bought a Wonder Woman one simply because I loved the style so much, even though I'm not a DC fan at all. With the Marvel licence, I'd love to see an X-Man Rock Candy!

And, again, the Pop is coming with an entire Pop Ride! It's winter, so hat and scarf won't be the end of the world haha. Million bucks you'll complain about it, then wear those things next time it snows lol

I'm worried about Funko's and MCC's morale after this box. It's one of the most anticipated MCC boxes ever (X-Men fans have been deprived of decent merch for so long), and knowing how vocal some people are on these forums, intense disappointment is inevitable.

But hey, if you don't want your Rock Candy or scarf, I'll gladly take it off your hands! \:D/

Definitely not disputing the value. GOTG scarf is still in box. Pop ride is almost value alone. We need xmen minis, or a Dorb, not rock candy. They are designed cool sure, but not all collectors are into barbie dolls. The point was stop trying to force low selling products in boxes.

Like I said, hoping for a good ride and at least 1 other good item.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:23 pm

I would be ok with a hat as long as it was like a beanie instead of a snap back
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:25 pm

I would be happy if a rock candy or Dorbz were included
2012 Rookie of the Year

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Still hoping for Wolverine claw oven mitts. Would be okay with a beanie too, but only if it looks like Professor X's head.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:06 pm

FredKruger wrote:
RoboFist wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Definitely not disputing the value. GOTG scarf is still in box. Pop ride is almost value alone. We need xmen minis, or a Dorb, not rock candy. They are designed cool sure, but not all collectors are into barbie dolls. The point was stop trying to force low selling products in boxes.

Like I said, hoping for a good ride and at least 1 other good item.

You realise that there are Rock Candies other than the Barbie ones, right? ;-)

I'm all for the inclusion of non-PoP items in the boxes. Raging over a single item line that has had exactly one inclusion across all three boxes seems....silly.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 am

TheBoilerman wrote:

I'm all for the inclusion of non-PoP items in the boxes. Raging over a single item line that has had exactly one inclusion across all three boxes seems....silly.

Raging? Lol any comment not positive is raging? You realize that no matter the character, a rock candy is still a barbie doll right?

They should have a box for female fans if they want to keep up with the rock candy, scarves, snap back hats, as seems to be who those products are geared towards.

Pop ride will be great, but should have minis, and at least a shirt. They advertise a $50 value, a low selling, likely soon to be defunct line like rock candy doesn't help. The point being, not a fan of rock candy, and hope they can come up with something better for this box.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:47 am

We're getting a ride in this box so no matter what I'm going to be happy. While a rock candy is definitely not my first choice I won't be let down if they put on in the box. I would prefer a dorbz. Even some pint sized heroes would be cool. I have no interest in a hat, scarf, or anything other than a shirt but again not going to complain. The pop is the reason I subscribe and we're getting a ride so I'm happy!
Higher, Further, Faster

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:08 am

FredKruger wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:

Raging? Lol any comment not positive is raging? You realize that no matter the character, a rock candy is still a barbie doll right?

They should have a box for female fans if they want to keep up with the rock candy, scarves, snap back hats, as seems to be who those products are geared towards.

Pop ride will be great, but should have minis, and at least a shirt. They advertise a $50 value, a low selling, likely soon to be defunct line like rock candy doesn't help. The point being, not a fan of rock candy, and hope they can come up with something better for this box.

There isn't any need to go after people who like Rock Candy, scarves, and snap back hats as 'females' I have plenty of male friends that like all three lines.

Being a female, I certainly don't need a 'girl box', I also don't enjoy the tone of 'well if I don't like it they can't put it in the box' If there is a Dark Phoenix or Phoenix Rock Candy in this box, people will flip, because, regardless of medium, they love Jean Grey.

Also, if Rock Candy -was- a Barbie doll, we'd be able to buy costumes for them. Just because there is a Barbie line of them doesn't invalidate them being collectibles.

I love the sub boxes, and hope we keep getting new/newer lines in them. The Ultron Dorbz from the MCC box is the entire reason I started collecting them.

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:55 am

groundhog7s wrote:Still hoping for Wolverine claw oven mitts. Would be okay with a beanie too, but only if it looks like Professor X's head.

My head already looks like Prof X. :(

Wolverine claw over mitts. You just sploded my bald head. That'd be amazing.
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:02 pm

morsehawk wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:

There isn't any need to go after people who like Rock Candy, scarves, and snap back hats as 'females' I have plenty of male friends that like all three lines.

Being a female, I certainly don't need a 'girl box', I also don't enjoy the tone of 'well if I don't like it they can't put it in the box' If there is a Dark Phoenix or Phoenix Rock Candy in this box, people will flip, because, regardless of medium, they love Jean Grey.

Also, if Rock Candy -was- a Barbie doll, we'd be able to buy costumes for them. Just because there is a Barbie line of them doesn't invalidate them being collectibles.

I love the sub boxes, and hope we keep getting new/newer lines in them. The Ultron Dorbz from the MCC box is the entire reason I started collecting them.

Who said if I don't like it they can't put it in the box? Most males don't wear scarves. Most males don't wear snap backs, we wear fitted hats. These products are mostly sold to women, hence the suggestion. Mentioning someone doesn't mean they are being attacked, calm down. In no way does this imply only women buy these products, just that they are geared towards women collectors.

Rock candy is modeled after barbie dolls, it is a fact, and has been stated Funko. The extra clothing option doesn't change that. Dark Phoenix would be great as long as isn't a rock candy.

Love the sub boxes, but keep the new lines out of them. Experiment with new collectibles on the funko shop. Dorbz ride, shirt, 2 exclusive minis, or dorb would be best possible box we can hope for. 2 of those will make this a great box.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:16 pm

I think the boxes are kinda made to showcase new lines and product.

Also... More women wear snap back hats than men? lol
2012 Rookie of the Year

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:31 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:I think the boxes are kinda made to showcase new lines and product.

Also... More women wear snap back hats than men? lol

Still working on that high-fiving through the internet over here. =D>

Return to “Powered by Funko”