Marvel Collector Corps August Box - Spider-Man

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
NormanCaruso

Re: Marvel Collector Corps August Box - Spider-Man

Postby NormanCaruso » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:07 am

Really like the box and def worth the $25 price.
Really hasn't been a MCC or LOC box I haven't been happy with.
I think some people just build the box up in their mind and reality can never live up to it.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:32 am

NormanCaruso wrote:Really like the box and def worth the $25 price.
I think some people just build the box up in their mind and reality can never live up to it.

THIS ^^^^^^^^ Every month it seems like funko can never do right. I really think it is because people build up these crazy wants in their heads or on these boards for 2 months so ofcourse they are going to be disappointed.

Funko advertised and promised a spider man box. They delivered an all spider man box. Darn you funko :-k
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:46 am

I missed the spoilers....is everything Spiderman in the Spiderman Box?
Funklub: 11181

Squird

Postby Squird » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:46 am

Spot on.

Unless they include mugs. Mugs suck.
Funklub: 11181

Greeryboy2410

Postby Greeryboy2410 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:26 am

I had cancelled my subscription, and started it again when I saw the theme of this box. Having seen the contents, I really wish I hadn't signed back up. Honestly considering unsubbing completely, MCC has been on a decline for a while now. Plus, I'm in the UK so I can't get LoC or SB

EDIT: I'd like to point out that MCC costs $43 for me, after postage
Pop Count: 80 something

Holy Grail: Green Arrow
Realistic Grail: Chase Flash
First Pop: New 52 Flash
Latest Buy: Civil War 5 pack
Latest Preorder(s): None :/

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:35 am

DocRamon wrote:Softer material without that awful stiffness that has to be worked out. Note the pre-bent brim. And it has a low crown as well, so you don’t look like a trucker

THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone that understands and can verbalize what a freakin' cap is supposed to look like on your head!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

doao

Postby doao » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:10 am

Not a fan of the Spiderman box. I was extremely let down with the Year One box and now again with the Spiderman box.

Spoiler: show
I hate the hats. Any Spiderman Pop shirt would have been better than this snap back. When I signed up for year one, we were told there was a shirt in every box and this has not been the case. Why have people input shirt sizes only to send us snapbacks?

The Pop would have been great if the 4 pack wasn't so close to the pose. I understand it's a different costume and slightly different pose with him mid air, but with all the options for either a Spiderman villain or dozens of Spideys to choose from in the Spider-verse it just feels like a very vanilla choice.

Even though I'm not a fan of Fabrikations, I think this wasn't a bad choice for an all Funko box.

Comic looks great.

I wish there was a pint sized hero similar to how Ultron was given out before Marvel Dorbz launched

With that said, as a yearly subscriber, I'll give MCC another box or two before I decide to cancel. This might have not been so bad if Year One didn't just happen which featured a Pop which was better and appropriate for August's theme.

gyrofx
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby gyrofx » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:05 pm

really, really disappointed that i didn't get a spiderman cable knit sweater and mitts for the winter :(
Name: Charles

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:02 am

I was actually hoping for some Spider-Man underwear!! That would habe been classic UNDEROOS!! :roflmao:
Jayson

ImageImageImage

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:51 am

hailmary25 wrote:

THIS ^^^^^^^^ Every month it seems like funko can never do right. I really think it is because people build up these crazy wants in their heads or on these boards for 2 months so ofcourse they are going to be disappointed.

Funko advertised and promised a spider man box. They delivered an all spider man box. Darn you funko :-k

Coulda been better...
Coulda been worse.

I'm happy enough.

Popsaysyee wrote:I was actually hoping for some Spider-Man underwear!! That would habe been classic UNDEROOS!! :roflmao:

I mean, we gave them shirt sizes. Why not? lol
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:29 am

doao wrote:I wish there was a pint sized hero similar to how Ultron was given out before Marvel Dorbz launched

I think we will see a Doctor Strange in October's box. I was also really hoping for a pint size hero in this box.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Gingy from Shrek, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:38 pm

popfanboy wrote:
doao wrote:I wish there was a pint sized hero similar to how Ultron was given out before Marvel Dorbz launched

I think we will see a Doctor Strange in October's box. I was also really hoping for a pint size hero in this box.

OMG a little Dr. Strange in that style! I need it! I need all the Strange merch.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:24 pm

Just got the Spidey box and I am loving it. While I would have preferred a shirt I like the colors they used for the hat. Also I thought this box was perfect place to maybe get either a Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy pop, hope we see them one day. Great job.

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:30 pm

EctoSpider wrote:Just got the Spidey box and I am loving it. While I would have preferred a shirt I like the colors they used for the hat. Also I thought this box was perfect place to maybe get either a Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy pop, hope we see them one day. Great job.

Maybe they'll do a Women of Spiderman box somewhere down the line.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:58 pm

nerdandcheese wrote:
EctoSpider wrote:Just got the Spidey box and I am loving it. While I would have preferred a shirt I like the colors they used for the hat. Also I thought this box was perfect place to maybe get either a Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy pop, hope we see them one day. Great job.

I might have to get that one if it happened.

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:27 am

nerdandcheese wrote:

Hopefully we will see it one day, that would be an awesome box for sure.

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:19 am

I usually have my shipping notice by now. Anyone else still waiting? Kind of surprised as I am on the annual plan.

Riniculous

Postby Riniculous » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:20 am

Marvelous WD wrote:I usually have my shipping notice by now. Anyone else still waiting? Kind of surprised as I am on the annual plan.

Ever since they switched to the new shipping, it takes foreeeeeeeeeever to get my package. Most of the time I log into my account on the MCC website, and the shipping is listed there. Takes them like 2 weeks for a 'delivery date' to show on the tracking number for me though.
Image Image Image

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:27 am

Riniculous wrote:
Marvelous WD wrote:I usually have my shipping notice by now. Anyone else still waiting? Kind of surprised as I am on the annual plan.

Ever since they switched to the new shipping, it takes foreeeeeeeeeever to get my package. Most of the time I log into my account on the MCC website, and the shipping is listed there. Takes them like 2 weeks for a 'delivery date' to show on the tracking number for me though.

Same here. I used to get my box before nearly everyone else because their distribution center was about 15 miles from my house. As a person whose last name begins with "W" I can't tell you what a treat and honor it was to >>>>FINALLY<<<< be the first one in line for something lol That lasted about 2 boxes and then they changed it and now I'm last as usual. Thank you life lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:52 am

treswright wrote:
Riniculous wrote:

Same here. I used to get my box before nearly everyone else because their distribution center was about 15 miles from my house. As a person whose last name begins with "W" I can't tell you what a treat and honor it was to >>>>FINALLY<<<< be the first one in line for something lol That lasted about 2 boxes and then they changed it and now I'm last as usual. Thank you life lol

I'm the opposite, it is taking about half the time it used to take to get my package. I got my shipping notice yesterday and it was witing for me when I got home.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:16 am

Yup, still waiting.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Got mine yesterday! I like the hat better in person :brilsmurf:
2012 Rookie of the Year

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Riniculous wrote:

That's what I usually do. Day after close, I would log in and see my tracking but still nothing.

Sn0wKing1

Postby Sn0wKing1 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:47 pm

nerdandcheese wrote:

I think you're more likely to see them do the same as what they did for DC and do a Women of Marvel instead of just specifically Spiderman. Bigger pool for them to choose from.
Pop count...recalculating
Dorbz count...recalculating
Proto count...not enough
Mystery mini count...Calculating...

names Tre
ISO Overwatch protos, Batman the Animated Series protos, and now Destiny protos

Image Image

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:47 pm

Got my box today! I will say the merch is better in person and with a little perspective. I like the hat a lot more than I thought I would. I even personalized it by putting some pins and a button on the brim. Now I'm actually interested in a Groot Hat too. lol I still like tees better but these hats aren't so bad.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:21 pm

Frackers didnt put my address on the box again so I have to wait till tomorrow night. Thankfully I was able to get a hold of the post office before the clerk left and she wrote my apartment nunber on it and a neighbor is going to wait for the mail why I am at work.
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:50 am

Alright guys I just did something to the hat that I think is pretty cool. I used pins from MCC boxes to pin MCC patches on the brim! Half is the Spidey pin and patch and the other half is the Deadpool pin and patch. Will try to post pics if anyone wants to see.

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:55 am

Slightly disappointed with the pop (I was hoping mostly for a supporting [civilian] character), but I love everything else in the box! I really dig the color scheme on the hat!

wardengorri

Postby wardengorri » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:07 am

To be honest, with how rich Spidey's villains are this "exclusive" is a pretty lazy body swap. Pretty glad my order never went through. lol
Hey guys, i'm Drew!

TjSosaR13

Postby TjSosaR13 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:16 pm

My box has not ship, am i the only one ?
ImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:18 pm

TjSosaR13 wrote:My box has not ship, am i the only one ?

where do you live and when did you order?
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:19 pm

Just casting my vote into the "Disappointed Customer-Collector" category. Filled with Spidey stuff--yes. Still feel that the contents are underwhelming. That's all.

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:42 pm

well that's the last straw for marvel collector corps boxes. I already stopped getting the other ones, but always been a bigger marvel buff so I kept this subscription AND spider-man has always been my absolute FAVORITE, so I thought there was no way to be disappointed, BUT funko found a way.

Spoiler: show
First the pop is very boring...Whole spider verse and we get this. Just so disappointed. And A HAT!! OMG come on there really cant be enough people out there that want these hats to make them profitable... am I really that off base with that assumption? The pop and the shirt are the only reason I get these boxes and I KNOW this buying the box but now there is a chance not to even a get a shirt...

Sonmi451

Postby Sonmi451 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:54 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
TjSosaR13 wrote:My box has not ship, am i the only one ?

where do you live and when did you order?

Mine hasn't shipped either and I got charged for the Auto Renew on the 2nd. I live in Utah and I usually get them within a few days of the close date.
Truth is singular. Its versions are mistruths.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:12 pm

I love my new stuff but thanks to this box now I actually want a Groot hat. And the Avengers Fabrikations that I should've just bought on clearance. lol lol lol lol

Caius_Cosades

Postby Caius_Cosades » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:13 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:Alright guys I just did something to the hat that I think is pretty cool. I used pins from MCC boxes to pin MCC patches on the brim! Half is the Spidey pin and patch and the other half is the Deadpool pin and patch. Will try to post pics if anyone wants to see.

I'd like to see pics!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:13 pm

Caius_Cosades wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Alright guys I just did something to the hat that I think is pretty cool. I used pins from MCC boxes to pin MCC patches on the brim! Half is the Spidey pin and patch and the other half is the Deadpool pin and patch. Will try to post pics if anyone wants to see.

I'd like to see pics!

Sure thing! I'll be back.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:10 am

Caius_Cosades wrote:

I'd like to see pics!

Here it is!!!

Caius_Cosades

Postby Caius_Cosades » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:36 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Caius_Cosades wrote:

I'd like to see pics!

Here it is!!!

That's pretty cool! I may have to experiment when I get mine...

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:37 am

Caius_Cosades wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:
Caius_Cosades wrote:
I'd like to see pics!

Here it is!!!

That's pretty cool! I may have to experiment when I get mine...

I highly recommend it!!! Any enamel pins go in there pretty nicely!!! I had my Skottie Young Howard pin in there a while and this kinda makes me want more Skottie pins.

Return to “Powered by Funko”