MCC year 1 super box.

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
doao

Re: MCC year 1 super box.

Postby doao » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:38 am

homietrav wrote:What did you guys expect? 10 pops?

10 pops? Not at all. More than one considering a $25 secret wars box was capable of having 2, absolutely.

After they confirmed there was no shirt, I didn't expect a hat or any other article of clothing. I would have been happier without the Hikari. Would have even preferred some mystery minis, a fabrikation, or a mopeez.

There's no reason a $25 box should be close to if not better than their $125 box.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:03 pm

Unboxing vid is up.
Higher, Further, Faster

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Lol what a joke, "we've never had a hikari in the box" , "This box is easily worth the price", "Oh wow the hikari comes with cards" there are so many cringe worthy quotes in the vid. Thank god the gf makes bank otherwise I'd be fuming she paid so much for this. And the hikari isn't even numbered just limited edition.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:39 pm

Yeah I'm gonna agree to disagree with her about it being easily worth the price. I was hoping I'd like the Hikari better in the vid but nope. And at the end they talk about hopefully doing a year two box.......yeah good luck with that.
Last edited by ScarletFunko on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higher, Further, Faster

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:44 pm

doao wrote:10 pops? Not at all. More than one considering a $25 secret wars box was capable of having 2, absolutely. .

Yeah great point, it was just dumb putting one in it, they're gonna lose customers over this, The regular boxes come with a POP and stuff included, this should have come with 5x all that and maybe something extra, this screams 'cash grab' now :rolleyes:
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:00 pm

POPHawk wrote:
doao wrote:10 pops? Not at all. More than one considering a $25 secret wars box was capable of having 2, absolutely. .

Yeah great point, it was just dumb putting one in it, they're gonna lose customers over this, The regular boxes come with a POP and stuff included, this should have come with 5x all that and maybe something extra, this screams 'cash grab' now :rolleyes:

'
"after guardians we had.... well, we had the cap and oh look she hulk dorbz" the unboxing video brings the lulz

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:43 pm

Seems very few people are actually happy with this box. And while I'm glad there are some excited folks I hope funko will pay attention to the negative response they are getting and not make this mistake again.
Higher, Further, Faster

Darth Madden

Postby Darth Madden » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:08 pm

I wish they would come out and say how many they made. It won't change my mid that this was a rip off but I'd feel a little better about it at least knowing how many there were.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Well on eBay the Pop is going for a lot right now. Hikari is going for a decent price. It seems we can make our money back at least
Higher, Further, Faster

mustangkelly17

Postby mustangkelly17 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Spoiler: show
after watching the unboxing video, I like the HIkari a little more than before. But I still think the box is light in terms of Quanity of items. If they assume we would pay $80 for the HIkari, and $10 for the pop, and $8 each for the Dorbz. Does that mean they think the hat, patch and pin are worth $19?

Plus I thought they always advertised $50 worth of value for $25. Not that I was expecting $250 worth of stuff. But I also didn't expect to be paying $80 for a HIkari when it seems most get clearanced out at less than half of that. I am betting the Fort Knox HIkari is one of the bigger runs as well, probably 1000 or more.

Still really don't like the hat!!!

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Jesus they're getting crucified on their facebook page,and I thought the backlash from the GotG box was bad.

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:03 pm

I love these boxes, for the most part. But I think I am kind of done because I don't want to fall into habits of obsessed consumerism. If I want an individual piece from these box, I'll find it elsewhere. That kind of obsessiveness caused me to drop $125 on sight unseen ridiculousness.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Wonder with all this blow back if Funko/collector corps will say or do anything. I sincerely doubt it but still
Higher, Further, Faster

Bonzo37

Postby Bonzo37 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:50 pm

allhermight wrote:I love these boxes, for the most part. But I think I am kind of done because I don't want to fall into habits of obsessed consumerism. If I want an individual piece from these box, I'll find it elsewhere. That kind of obsessiveness caused me to drop $125 on sight unseen ridiculousness.

This is kind of where I'm at. I'm not gonna hate on the stuff in the box, but I don't like that feeling. It's not a huge deal at $25 a box, but to drop $125 on a completely blind box, on nothing but trust to an (ever growing) company is, in hindsight, a little foolish.

As to the value of the box, I agree that it's way off from the normal more bang for your buck thing they typically advertise.
-Non specific spoilers ahead-
At $80 for the Hikari, $15 for the pop, $10/ea for the dorbz you're already at $115 (all on the high side). So even if it's a $20 hat, you're only getting ten bucks extra value for blindly throwing a bunch of money at them. Oh, and free shipping. Say what you will about the contents, but this is the trend I don't want to see continue.
I'm Mike.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:03 pm

All people who displeased can do is speak with your wallets. It already sounds like a fair amount of people won't be buying the next one and probably canceling their subscription.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Valde wrote:All people who displeased can do is speak with your wallets. It already sounds like a fair amount of people won't be buying the next one and probably canceling their subscription.

I'm definitely not going to be cancelling my subscription but this is going to make me think long and hard about the next anniversary box and without some kind of promise of more pops I will not be buying it.

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Valde wrote:All people who displeased can do is speak with your wallets.

Ah I tried that, but unfortunately I'm mute, my wallet is blind and has no hands so I spose I'll just keep spending lol

but in all seriousness I'm amazed they pulled this crap, I wonder what the subscription drop off numbers will be for next month. Zavvi in the UK did the same thing with their Z boxes. They declined in value and became filled with useless junk, so people stopped ordering. Now they need to spice them up just to sell them. I can see the same happening with these.
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

TjSosaR13

Postby TjSosaR13 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Soooo glad i skipped it, Pop! Looks Great Tho! For Those Who Loved The Box and got it Im Glad For You! But For The Other half Feel Sorry For You guys!
ImageImage

Lawliet

Postby Lawliet » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:56 pm

I REALLY want that pop lol...no idea how to go about getting one at this point (without an arm or leg from ebay at this point haha)

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:34 pm

I'm really just hoping I can trade the Hikari for some stuff I do want. The pop is OK, hardly my favorite Spiderman villian I want a Mysterio now, and the Dorbz seem pretty cool. I really just have no desire to collect the Hitari though they're expensive and take up more room than I want to give.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:41 pm

twirdman wrote:I'm really just hoping I can trade the Hikari for some stuff I do want. The pop is OK, hardly my favorite Spiderman villian I want a Mysterio now, and the Dorbz seem pretty cool. I really just have no desire to collect the Hitari though they're expensive and take up more room than I want to give.

I wish the hikari was at least numbered I think that it would make it easier to trade/sell

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:23 pm

I love the Pop and Dorbz, hate the hat.....Hikari would be better in a different colorway i think.....the backlash on FB is brutal! I think people would have liked it better if they went with a super deluxe vinyl instead of the Hikari....
Kristen

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:41 pm

jinxykat wrote:I love the Pop and Dorbz, hate the hat.....Hikari would be better in a different colorway i think.....the backlash on FB is brutal! I think people would have liked it better if they went with a super deluxe vinyl instead of the Hikari....

I would've been happy with a super deluxe, I've got the groot and rocket ones already. Its almost all completely negative across not only facebook, but youtube, reddit, twitter, most of the subscription box review sites etc.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:45 pm

Just want to say that if anyone who's getting the MCC Year 1 Box doesn't want the...
AntMan Dorbz

...I'd totally give him a good home. Been hoping for one for a long while (well, since I became obsessed with Dorbz - lol)

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:21 am

Overall, I actually like the content quite a bit, but for the price, there should have been more. Maybe just one more pop and I probably would have been happy. I am not a big fan of the hikari, but I understand why they would put it in there. Based on the speculation, we all knew there was likely a hikari in there, but I at least wish it were a different color.

I'm not too bent out of shape I spent the money, but I definitely don't think we got out money's worth. With that said, I love all things Marvel pop so I would probably still buy the year two box... 8-[

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:24 am

I'll be happy if I can get 80 bucks for the Hikari. I don't event know what those go for so I hope I'm not ripping anyone off.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:31 am

Saucepan wrote:I'll be happy if I can get 80 bucks for the Hikari. I don't event know what those go for so I hope I'm not ripping anyone off.

With as many other people trying to offload it you might be lucky to get $30 for it.
ImageImageImage

Nerl240

Postby Nerl240 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:41 am

I finally got done watching the unboxing video. I don't know if to laugh or not. I love the
Goblin. Maybe this hikari can go down in history as the ugly one? Who knows. But the excitement was worth my $130 that includes tax? Hahaha. Hopefully they release how many year one boxes were released and maybe that will make me much happier lol

arisensun

Postby arisensun » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:23 am

I'm sorry so many of you don't like box. Personally, I'm over the moon about and I can't wait to get mine. I love everything in the box.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:57 am

Lol The Facebook comments are hilarious.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:15 am

I'd buy the dorbz if the current ebay sellers weren't trying to get 2/3 to 3/4 of their money back with the pair.

I still don't understand Hikari, but I'll pick up a year one LoC box if they do one.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:15 am

arisensun wrote:I'm sorry so many of you don't like box. Personally, I'm over the moon about and I can't wait to get mine. I love everything in the box.

The items in the box are not inherently bad but think of it this way, the secret war box had two pops and a shirt in it and it cost $33 so an extra $90 dollars got us an unnumbered hikari and 2 dorbz, plus that's with me giving them the benefit of the doubt that the shirt and hat cancel each other out in terms of value. And 1 of the dorbz had a character from a year 2 theme (she hulk) which is even funnier if you watch the unboxing video because the guy clearly thinks there's going to be a deadpool figure in the box instead and the pop while a new character is an uninspired repaint.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:39 am

Right now the main thing bugging me is the price. With all other sub boxes from funko I felt like I was getting a good deal even if I didn't care for most of the contents. But with this box I feel the complete opposite. The stuff inside may add up to $125 sure, but it's not at all worth it. I'm also kinda irked they didn't put the edition size of the Hikari on there. Surely they had to know that many many people would be upset with the box......right?

The Spidey box will be my last box from them. In the future if there's a Pop from a sub box that I like I'll just get it on the aftermarket.
Higher, Further, Faster

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:29 am

perfectflaw00 wrote:
arisensun wrote:I'm sorry so many of you don't like box. Personally, I'm over the moon about and I can't wait to get mine. I love everything in the box.

The items in the box are not inherently bad but think of it this way, the secret war box had two pops and a shirt in it and it cost $33 so an extra $90 dollars got us an unnumbered hikari and 2 dorbz, plus that's with me giving them the benefit of the doubt that the shirt and hat cancel each other out in terms of value. And 1 of the dorbz had a character from a year 2 theme (she hulk) which is even funnier if you watch the unboxing video because the guy clearly thinks there's going to be a deadpool figure in the box instead and the pop while a new character is an uninspired repaint.

I watched the unboxing video and neither of them gave me the perception that they were excited about the box or that they really believed in it.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:38 am

allhermight wrote:I watched the unboxing video and neither of them gave me the perception that they were excited about the box or that they really believed in it.

Totally agree. I'd like to hear their real opinion on the box.

Also that unboxing vid now as more dislikes than likes. Dang
Higher, Further, Faster

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:45 am

TheBoilerman wrote:I'd buy the dorbz if the current ebay sellers weren't trying to get 2/3 to 3/4 of their money back with the pair.

Isn't that what eBay sellers do with everything? They can't make their money back with the big item so they're going to try it with everything else.
ImageImageImage

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:50 am

ScarletFunko wrote:Right now the main thing bugging me is the price. With all other sub boxes from funko I felt like I was getting a good deal even if I didn't care for most of the contents. But with this box I feel the complete opposite. The stuff inside may add up to $125 sure, but it's not at all worth it. I'm also kinda irked they didn't put the edition size of the Hikari on there. Surely they had to know that many many people would be upset with the box......right?

The Spidey box will be my last box from them. In the future if there's a Pop from a sub box that I like I'll just get it on the aftermarket.

Not sure if you are being serious. Why would they knowlingly want to make people upset with the contents?

I just looked up recent sales on eBay, preorders for the Dorbz are 27.00, pop 119, whole boxes are 225.

Seems like some people do want the box. Love it or hating people want the contents.

I am super happy with contents. Was it a little spendy? Sure, but better can't say I don't get the value out of the box.
2012 Rookie of the Year

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:56 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:Right now the main thing bugging me is the price. With all other sub boxes from funko I felt like I was getting a good deal even if I didn't care for most of the contents. But with this box I feel the complete opposite. The stuff inside may add up to $125 sure, but it's not at all worth it. I'm also kinda irked they didn't put the edition size of the Hikari on there. Surely they had to know that many many people would be upset with the box......right?

Not sure if you are being serious. Why would they knowlingly want to make people upset with the contents?

I just looked up recent sales on eBay, preorders for the Dorbz are 27.00, pop 119, whole boxes are 225.

Seems like some people do want the box. Love it or hating people want the contents.

I am super happy with contents. Was it a little spendy? Sure, but better can't say I don't get the value out of the box.

Some people also like peanut butter and jelly in the same jar, doesn't make it good O:)

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:00 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:Not sure if you are being serious. Why would they knowlingly want to make people upset with the contents?

I don't think they are knowingly looking to upset customers. Someone, somewhere within the company is super stoked on this box. Just like there are customers who are stoked on it.

But just because someone is paying $27 on a Dorbz or $119 on a Pop! on eBay doesn't make them remotely worth that.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:10 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:Not sure if you are being serious. Why would they knowlingly want to make people upset with the contents?

I never said they intentionally wanted to upset their most loyal customers. That is simply ridiculous. My point is with Hikaris having such a small fan base compared to Pops, dorbz, even minis, it had to have run through their minds that this box could potentially be upsetting to many people that purchased it. From what I've looked up, very few Hikaris hold their value and thats when people know the edition size. With this we have no clue. Not to mention we got one Pop. We have gotten two before in a $25 box. I expected at 3 if not 4 to be in here. People buy the boxes for the Pops so the fact that there is only one is very shocking to me.

As soon as these get shipped out to the people who bought them, there will no doubt be much more available on ebay which will drive the price down.

Yeah some people are happy, of course. But take a look at Facebook, youtube, other social media sites and forums and you will see that the most of the people, whether they bought it or not, do not love it. You know its bad when more people are actually happy they missed out then got it. I'm not saying that the contents are all horrible or unwanted. I just don't see the real value of it. Collectors will want the Pop and the dorbz obviously, but not at that price. The only upside to this is given the box has sold out people can make most if not all their money back. But that won't take away the overwhelming feeling of disappointment most people have that purchased the box.

I'm glad you are happy with contents. I've seen a few people who are, thats great. From what I gather though the majority does not feel the same.
Last edited by ScarletFunko on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Higher, Further, Faster

Return to “Powered by Funko”