Annual subscriptions coming to an end

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
mohawkjones

Re: Annual subscriptions coming to an end

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:05 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:[-o< Disney Treasures is safe! ... so far [-o<

Yeah I hope that holds. It will make what is surprising and possibly disappointing news better.

Notice for Disney Treasures just went out... :(
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:06 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Yeah I hope that holds. It will make what is surprising and possibly disappointing news better.

Notice for Disney Treasures just went out... :(

Yep just saw it. I just don't get it. What was the point of becoming a pinoeer just to have it go away in one year. I really hope funko comes out with some explanation to us.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:09 pm

So in the email, what do y'all think? It says a bi monthly charge of $30 (plus shipping and tax), does that mean its $30 total or $30 is just the box and we will be charged more than 30 due to tax and shipping? If they charge more than $30, not only did they cancel yearly they made it more expensive for us that are yearly. I was charged $200.04 for the yearly total which includes shipping and tax. That comes out to 33 a box. I really hope they didn't cancel yearly option and make it more expensive at same time.
Collecting since 2014

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:11 pm

nascar246788 wrote:

I got an email this morning saying "we are discontinuing our annual and semi-annual subscription options starting January 1. As an annual subscriber, you will be affected by this change. When your annual or semi-annual subscription is due to renew in 2018, it will automatically convert to a bi-monthly subscription at the price of $30 (plus shipping and any applicable tax) per bi-monthly period, and your payment card will be charged this renewal price every two months until you cancel."

BOO, this sucks

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

stl_ben

Postby stl_ben » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Yep looking like this is one way to raise the price on us....
ImageImageImage

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Well I'm a founder in all boxes. I'm going to stop buying all of them after current subscription ends. Main thing keeping me active was the yearly free gift plus possible founder only buys or specials. All this filler stuff and the end of patches and pins was bothering me.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:25 pm

stl_ben wrote:Yep looking like this is one way to raise the price on us....

I am starting to wonder if you are correct my friend. They are finding ways to raise prices. I just did the math lets assume its $30 just for the box. Disney treasures on the yearly subscription was at $24 per box, a dollar cheaper than MCC which has always been $25. The MCC email has the same statement as Disney treasures but has it at $25 and not $30. It is possible with yearly subscription disappearing the Disney box goes from $1 cheaper on yearly subscription to 5 dollars more.

I am now going to expect a lot from Disney Treasures. If they are asking us to pay more per box, I expect better quality than MCC where the quality has slightly declined since beginning.
Collecting since 2014

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:27 pm

My Smugglers Bounty yearly subscription renewed last month. Am I stuck for the whole year? Or can I ask for a refund.

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Sorry I just read terms and conditions, I'm stuck.

blade2025

Postby blade2025 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:33 pm

You read the e-mail. Revenue drivers.
I'm Matson.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Just got one from the disney sub too, I was going to do the yearly sub again but now ill just pick and choose based on pop spoilers.
- tauntaunking on instagram

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Yeah I think in the long run, they are going to lose subscription customers and make less money.

Jubs

Postby Jubs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:06 pm

How am I supposed to cancel my auto-subscription?

Why do I have to wait until the 16th to turn off auto-renew?
Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Sad that Disney is done yearly also. I emailed to verify if they're doing away with the annual gifts. The response didn't specifically say no more gifts, just that there would no longer be the various Founder, Pioneer, etc. It did state that although those were leaving, Funko and I would still be able to see when I started with the boxes. I'm not sure what seeing that info does for either of us.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:31 pm

:dance: I'm still all in, even with the $5.00 increase ... We love these Disney boxes!!! :dance:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Well it seems like you are the customer they are gearing towards. Not me though, I'm done with socks that don't fit hats mugs and random other fillers I have zero interest in.

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:33 am

nascar246788 wrote:So I only got an email about my collector corps. I have yet to get an email with the subject important information about your Disney Treasures subscription. The only email I have is titled important information about your marvel collector corps. I also logged into my disney treasures, and it says I still have an active pioneer subscription to be billed in march 2018. It is interesting if they cancel Disney after just a year of annual subscriptions.

Is this going to go into effect for Disney as well? Anybody only subscribed to Disney get an email? I am wondering if they just assume since I got a marvel collector crops email they don't need to send me disney treasures or is disney treasures not effected because it is so new?

:freddy3: got the email for disney subscription too this week it does suck I thought it a great marketing technique to get funatics to buy more and secure sales but I guess not
:freddy3:

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:52 pm

Godolphin wrote:Yeah I think in the long run, they are going to lose subscription customers and make less money.

I wander with the $5 raise in price if they focus on making better boxes, more flippers will be buying thus increasing Funko's revenue and truthfully someone who really wants the box is going to take it no matter what.

Funko PHOnatic

Postby Funko PHOnatic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:02 pm

Hmmm, this seems super counter-intuitive to me as I feel like they'd always want people to sign up for longer term subscriptions versus month-to-month. I feel like this will be a bad financial decision for them especially seeing how they spoil the pop before the deadline a lot of the time now which allows people to cancel boxes they previously would have been stuck with. As a customer as well it makes me sad that we won't get anymore founder's gifts =(

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:05 pm

War19872002 wrote:
Godolphin wrote:Yeah I think in the long run, they are going to lose subscription customers and make less money.

I wander with the $5 raise in price if they focus on making better boxes, more flippers will be buying thus increasing Funko's revenue and truthfully someone who really wants the box is going to take it no matter what.

With the six dollar increase, they better be making them even better. I for now will give funko benefit of the doubt as they haven't let me down yet.
Collecting since 2014

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:50 pm

I thought it would mean something to be a Founder of all their subscriptions. Kind of like Disney with D23. But I was wrong.

Typale

Postby Typale » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:53 pm

It actually makes me cancel my auto buy and I may just cherry pick now
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:18 am

I've always done month after month subscription for smugglers thinking "oh next month I'll start the annual" no more having to think that now. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

weird888

Postby weird888 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:30 am

So they will raise the price by adding more shipping costs? They raised the shipping cost on the Funko Shop as well didn't they? The silver Monopoly guy was $9 to ship.

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:19 pm

I wonder what percentage of annual subscribers cancelled auto renew? I would guess it's very high.

jonathan197628

Postby jonathan197628 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:46 pm

It may be only me, but the negative fanatics seem to be more vocal than those who are pleased with the contents of all the boxes. I have yet to receive a box that I did not enjoy. Of course, I would prefer two funko pop boxes in each box. I always feel like I get my money's worth and if there is an item that i would not enjoy or use I find someone who does like it.

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:14 am

jonathan197628 wrote:It may be only me, but the negative fanatics seem to be more vocal than those who are pleased with the contents of all the boxes. I have yet to receive a box that I did not enjoy. Of course, I would prefer two funko pop boxes in each box. I always feel like I get my money's worth and if there is an item that i would not enjoy or use I find someone who does like it.

In general, people will let everyone know their complaints more than compliments.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Mos_Eisley wrote:
jonathan197628 wrote:It may be only me, but the negative fanatics seem to be more vocal than those who are pleased with the contents of all the boxes. I have yet to receive a box that I did not enjoy. Of course, I would prefer two funko pop boxes in each box. I always feel like I get my money's worth and if there is an item that i would not enjoy or use I find someone who does like it.

In general, people will let everyone know their complaints more than compliments.

Very true.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:05 pm

I think its just people thinking the box should have everything they like. For example, the first MCC box that was around holidays came with no pop but two ornament things. People hated the box, but I loved it. The two ornament pop figures are always on my tree front and center. Like you said, there will be things a person doesn't like, it doesn't mean others will feel the same way.
Collecting since 2014

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:30 pm

I'll still be loyal to the Disney Sub box and continue to only dabble in other lines when it looks like something I'll like. I just wish you didn't have to be a current subscriber to get past boxes of the different lines.
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:38 pm

TanyaTate wrote:I'll still be loyal to the Disney Sub box and continue to only dabble in other lines when it looks like something I'll like. I just wish you didn't have to be a current subscriber to get past boxes of the different lines.

true. I feel the same way about star wars. But it does feel nice to not have $250 dropped at once lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:13 am

I’m disappointed that the annual subscription came to an end after my one year gift has elapsed. Not sure if I will get anything. My one year anniversary wS in November.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

JorEl15

Postby JorEl15 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:50 am

Maybe they will be making less boxes each month so they don’t end up with massive overstock. I’m okay with the boxes being more rare
1st Pop: Avengers 2 Hulk

ISO: Red Metallic Hulk, Wicked Witch, Batman Silver 2011-2013 SDCC/NYCC Variants

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm

JorEl15 wrote:Maybe they will be making less boxes each month so they don’t end up with massive overstock. I’m okay with the boxes being more rare

This could be. Some of the earlier Marvel and DC boxes are still available in the Past Boxes section, while some of the newer ones are selling out quickly. But it could just be more hype around what has been in the newer ones too.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:38 pm

It would be great if they could ship the two sub boxes together on months that align, to save on shipping (especially if there's a price increase). I am subscribed to 3 of the 4 (dropped Star Wars recently), but if I recall correctly, Marvel and Disney arrive in the same month (or maybe it's Disney and DC). Now that they are converting the accounts into one, maybe that could get combined too.

war2death

Postby war2death » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:55 am

I think the elimination of the annual subscriptions is a way of equalizing the profits of the box for each quarter and looks better on the Quarterly reports to stockholders. Or it could that the cost of making the boss item are more expensive than than the amount of annual subscribers with the interest of the annual subscription going down each year that the monthly is easier to handle.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:20 pm

war2death wrote:I think the elimination of the annual subscriptions is a way of equalizing the profits of the box for each quarter and looks better on the Quarterly reports to stockholders. Or it could that the cost of making the boss item are more expensive than than the amount of annual subscribers with the interest of the annual subscription going down each year that the monthly is easier to handle.

So I can tell you the annual Disney Treasures subscription is cheaper than month to month subscription.
Collecting since 2014

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:23 pm

bakivali wrote:
JorEl15 wrote:Maybe they will be making less boxes each month so they don’t end up with massive overstock. I’m okay with the boxes being more rare

This could be. Some of the earlier Marvel and DC boxes are still available in the Past Boxes section, while some of the newer ones are selling out quickly. But it could just be more hype around what has been in the newer ones too.

I'm guessing they cut production. I don't think these boxes are becoming more popular. I would think it's the opposite. I have no basis for that opinion though - pure speculation.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:35 pm

The Head wrote:
bakivali wrote:

I'm guessing they cut production. I don't think these boxes are becoming more popular. I would think it's the opposite. I have no basis for that opinion though - pure speculation.

I think you are right. Every time I do these boxes I get bored after a year or two. They have been trying to mix it up but that wasn't working. Socks are too small and things like a deck of cards and figit spinner were not appealing.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:39 pm

I recently cancelled our LOC and smugglers subscriptions, marvel and Disney still have a few left on them. I will def keep,the Disney box, but will probably not keep,getting Ma Le. I will just buy it from someone in my local group or wait until it's out to see I feel I want to order it as a past box. The $$$ for all 4 subscription sold was getting to be to much. :(
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Return to “Powered by Funko”