Anyone hates Smuggler's Bounty containing chase variants?

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Beto

Re: Anyone hates Smuggler's Bounty containing chase variants

Postby Beto » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Niw I don't get it since I'm not suscribed to the MCC box; are the two optional figures in the MCC completely different one from the other or just a slight variant?

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Beto wrote:Niw I don't get it since I'm not suscribed to the MCC box; are the two optional figures in the MCC completely different one from the other or just a slight variant?

I think it was pretty subtle although they did get different numbers:

Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:44 pm

treswright wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but MCC called theirs a "chase" too even though from all appearances it was a 50-50 shot at one or the other. And the chase was just a slight variation. Has there been info released to make us think that this one will be more rare?

I didn't even know they actually called it a chase. I know it was a surprise to most if not all that there was 2 pops in mcc. If it was indeed a chase then why not promote it like they did the star wars? then again they sold out either way so it was not needed.

If they did call it a chase it had to be a mistake because it does not fallow the same "rules" as any other chase.

Tdogg2k8

Postby Tdogg2k8 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:45 pm

I also believe that more of the true marvel fans liked 104, some of the less casuals liked the 105, but I could just be spitballin..

I loved 104
Anthony
Funko Pop count: 77
First Pop: Jamie Fookin Lannister
Best Pop: SDCC Parka Helena, Skeletor
Last Pop: Bane
ISO: Rares:
Sonic, Knuckles, Leoniodas, Phoenix, Alan and baby Carl, Flocked Lion-o, GITD Mumm-ra, Dr. Doom, Red Skull , Maskless Winter Soldier Captain America, Apollo Creed, Clubber lang

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:55 pm

No hate here. Only LOVE.

If collecting hurts so much, why collect?
San Diego funatic

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:17 pm

BeefyPenguin wrote:I didn't even know they actually called it a chase.

I think I'm mistaken, I just went back and tried to find something "official" but all I see are some people here calling it a chase and others arguing that it wasn't a chase because it had a unique number. But now I don't see anything direct from MCC calling it a chase.

Beto

Postby Beto » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:21 pm

treswright wrote:
Beto wrote:Niw I don't get it since I'm not suscribed to the MCC box; are the two optional figures in the MCC completely different one from the other or just a slight variant?

I think it was pretty subtle although they did get different numbers:

Thanks Tres!

AliCat4004

Postby AliCat4004 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:29 pm

ThatMarvelGuy wrote:Its on Instagram but if you are that impatient it's
Spoiler: show
Finn with a lightsaber
the completely different one if have no idea about.

this seems either really bad marketing to keep this figure in a sub box
or
it has serious significance to the movie

I live and breathe
MARVEL, STAR WARS & SUPERNATURAL

spinn4

Postby spinn4 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:34 pm

BeefyPenguin wrote:
treswright wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but MCC called theirs a "chase" too even though from all appearances it was a 50-50 shot at one or the other. And the chase was just a slight variation. Has there been info released to make us think that this one will be more rare?

I didn't even know they actually called it a chase. I know it was a surprise to most if not all that there was 2 pops in mcc. If it was indeed a chase then why not promote it like they did the star wars? then again they sold out either way so it was not needed.

If they did call it a chase it had to be a mistake because it does not fallow the same "rules" as any other chase.

Another pop that comes to mind that had its own number / slightly different mold was vampire Spike. The biggest difference to any chase is that the mcc chase had the apparent 50/50 ratio. I think when people know their chances are slim of getting a chase they'd be less likely to have a problem than if their chances of getting the one they preferred are almost 50/50. So, if your chances are slim you'd have to consider yourself as lucky to get it. If your chances are really good, but you didn't get it you'd feel a bit unlucky and disappointed.

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:01 pm

EvilStewie1 wrote:
BeefyPenguin wrote:

Another pop that comes to mind that had its own number / slightly different mold was vampire Spike. The biggest difference to any chase is that the mcc chase had the apparent 50/50 ratio. I think when people know their chances are slim of getting a chase they'd be less likely to have a problem than if their chances of getting the one they preferred are almost 50/50. So, if your chances are slim you'd have to consider yourself as lucky to get it. If your chances are really good, but you didn't get it you'd feel a bit unlucky and disappointed.

I have a chase spike and I didnt even think of him... well he has a chase sticker so that beats all other rules :D

but I agree with what your saying here

bloodcoxcaburial

Postby bloodcoxcaburial » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Is the 2nd pop REALLY what's in the spoiler tag? Or speculation?

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:00 pm

bloodcoxcaburial wrote:Is the 2nd pop REALLY what's in the spoiler tag? Or speculation?

The proto surfaced on Gemini back when a bunch of other FA protos were posted (both regular and exclusives) and that's the only one that has never surfaced as either a glam or production figure. So yes it is speculation, but it's not just a wild guess :-)

kikiblanko

Postby kikiblanko » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:45 pm

But the second pop is a new character never done for TFA.. And i think the chase variant is for the unknown one..
So I don't think it's finn with lightsaber.. Maybe old han solo, old leia or luke..

Beto

Postby Beto » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:11 pm

kikiblanko wrote:But the second pop is a new character never done for TFA.. And i think the chase variant is for the unknown one..
So I don't think it's finn with lightsaber.. Maybe old han solo, old leia or luke..

That'll be cool!

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:14 am

I'm pro-chase... And obviously the tactic works great for Funko because I also signed up for 2 subscriptions lol

But I'll still probably come to this board and whine if one of the boxes doesn't have a chase lol

I wish they would hurry up and ship out!!! Can't wait :)
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

Beto

Postby Beto » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:20 am

Spiffythedog wrote:I'm pro-chase... And obviously the tactic works great for Funko because I also signed up for 2 subscriptions lol

But I'll still probably come to this board and whine if one of the boxes doesn't have a chase lol

I wish they would hurry up and ship out!!! Can't wait :)

Way to go with the two suscribtions Spiffy! I hope you get both of the pieces!

Vinyl4Blood

Re: Anyone hates Smuggler's Bounty containing chase variants?

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:40 pm

Nah. I don't mind. I kinda like there being some sort of surprise in my box.... spoilers can't spoil which pop is in my actual box. Gives me some excitement when opening the box.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:53 pm

I like the Chase variants.
:freddy3:
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

MV6000

Postby MV6000 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:12 pm

I don't like Chase Variants because I can never find them in store or in this case I never tend to get one in my boxes.

Return to “Powered by Funko”