Annual Marvel Collector Corps Collectible?

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Prateek0

Re: Annual Marvel Collector Corps Collectible?

Postby Prateek0 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:08 pm

If they did offer a discount I would do yearly as well. But I canceled on the GOTG box and deadpool and I was happy to do so, I will resubscribe for Civil war but it is nice to have the option to skip out on boxes you really dont want.

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:28 pm

a pop or a discount would have been ideal. I think the worst part about it is if you take it out of the box no one would even really be able to tell it was a funko product and people subscribed to a year largely because of their funko fandom or specifically pop fandom.

LevisRoom

Postby LevisRoom » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:38 pm

ryanc_ wrote:a pop or a discount would have been ideal. I think the worst part about it is if you take it out of the box no one would even really be able to tell it was a funko product and people subscribed to a year largely because of their funko fandom or specifically pop fandom.

I agree. I'm not complaining that I received a trophy since I knew what would be coming ahead of time. However, my hope was that the trophy would end up being a nice addition to our collection, but instead it's nothing more than a cheap piece of plastic that you honestly wouldn't be surprised to find at a Party City and has been painted gold.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:43 pm

ryanc_ wrote:a pop or a discount would have been ideal. I think the worst part about it is if you take it out of the box no one would even really be able to tell it was a funko product and people subscribed to a year largely because of their funko fandom or specifically pop fandom.

The worst part? lol I guess I don't care too much what other think of my collection, I mean I am a grown man who collects toys. I think it looks awesome, other people may not know its Funko, but I am sure they will think it's awesome when I tell them it is Funko and I got it for free for being a founder.
2012 Rookie of the Year

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:45 pm

LevisRoom wrote:

I agree. I'm not complaining that I received a trophy since I knew what would be coming ahead of time. However, my hope was that the trophy would end up being a nice addition to our collection, but instead it's nothing more than a cheap piece of plastic that you honestly wouldn't be surprised to find at a Party City and has been painted gold.

Yeah good point. actually now that I think about it the subscription box shirts that I like the best are non-poppified ones, they are just cool and not pop themed so the fact that the statue isn't clearly a funko product isn't as big a deal as the apparent quality of it

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:

The worst part? lol I guess I don't care too much what other think of my collection, I mean I am a grown man who collects toys. I think it looks awesome, other people may not know its Funko, but I am sure they will think it's awesome when I tell them it is Funko and I got it for free for being a founder.

nice man glad you like it!

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:48 pm

my thought when signing up was, I'd probably want all (or at least most) of the boxes anyway, so I might as well get the free gift, whatever it ends up being. I had the same philosophy with Star Wars (not DC). but yeah, the statue is a disappointment. hard to complain about a free gift, but it doesn't have a place in my collection.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:50 pm

ryanc_ wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:

nice man glad you like it!

I an just easy, give me something for free and I am good \:D/
2012 Rookie of the Year

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Got mine today. While I don't like the trophy itself, they did a pretty good job with the presentation. I actually like the box they put it in and the trophy looks decent in box. Thus, whatever I do with my Pops, it'll be all in box if I decide to keep this.

The way they designed this though strongly suggests that this is what we are looking at for the long haul. I really hope I'm wrong, but I am betting that we will be getting trophies of different characters every year. I guess it could be worse and that might actually make it better since there will be some synergy, but I still don't like it. If nothing else, I just wish it wasn't gold.

Looks like a couple have sold on the bay for around $50, but so far not too many up for sale. One guy is asking $300. lol

Darth Madden

Postby Darth Madden » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:16 am

LevisRoom wrote:Got our trophy today. I must say I'm disappointed. I was hoping the trophy would at least be quality, but it's simply cheap plastic with some weight in the base. Considering that is the only difference between going with a yearly subscription and ordering on a month by month basis I will definitely be going to a bi-monthly plan where I can cancel boxes that don't interest me. I still don't understand why those who commit to a yearly plan don't get some kind of a discount. Oh well.

That's kind of what I was afraid of... Cheap quality. Oh well.

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:59 pm

I wish I had learned about mcc in time, I would love one.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

T-Diamond Stylus

Postby T-Diamond Stylus » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:00 am

If I can find a cheap one on ebay I might pick it up, looks pretty cool. And honestly at the end of the day isn't every toy or figure just a cheap piece of plastic?
Image Image Image Image

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:11 am

Darth Madden wrote:
LevisRoom wrote:Got our trophy today. I must say I'm disappointed. I was hoping the trophy would at least be quality, but it's simply cheap plastic with some weight in the base. Considering that is the only difference between going with a yearly subscription and ordering on a month by month basis I will definitely be going to a bi-monthly plan where I can cancel boxes that don't interest me. I still don't understand why those who commit to a yearly plan don't get some kind of a discount. Oh well.

That's kind of what I was afraid of... Cheap quality. Oh well.

I think it's important to remember that these are free. Hell, even a free poster would've made me happy...of course I would've rather it had been a surprise POP, BUT I think it would be unreasonable to expect a legit trophy made of real gold when Funko doesn't make a single penny more off of offering these free gifts to members who pay a year in advance. I don't disagree it's a lot to pay the yearly sum all at once and I also see the benefit of doing a monthly sub to pick and choose boxes based on the themes, but at the end of the day I trust the MCC boxes 100% and I can't wait to receive my trophy as well!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Darth Madden

Postby Darth Madden » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:12 am

I guess I shouldn't say anything until I at least get it. I don't know how many of these they are actually giving out so I probably shouldn't criticise. I think after a few years having 3-4 of these lined up could look cool (as long as it's not Cap again.)

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:27 am

Darth Madden wrote:I think after a few years having 3-4 of these lined up could look cool (as long as it's not Cap again.)

This is my thought too...while not a POP, there is a cool visual coming down the road with Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, & Hulk trophies lined side by side! And who's to say they won't tweak the rewards program and add a little something extra down the road :compress:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

squidward

Postby squidward » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:53 am

I like the trophy and look forward to a collection of different characters over time.

I also like the fact that as time goes on, fewer and fewer of these will be distributed if people drop their subscription because no one can sign up now as a Founder.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:15 am

thejosh2010 wrote:I think it's important to remember that these are free. Hell, even a free poster would've made me happy...of course I would've rather it had been a surprise POP, BUT I think it would be unreasonable to expect a legit trophy made of real gold when Funko doesn't make a single penny more off of offering these free gifts to members who pay a year in advance. I don't disagree it's a lot to pay the yearly sum all at once and I also see the benefit of doing a monthly sub to pick and choose boxes based on the themes, but at the end of the day I trust the MCC boxes 100% and I can't wait to receive my trophy as well!!

Agreed. I personally really like the trophy, but agree that an exclusive Pop would have been great. I think the quality is actually pretty good. The base is heavy and it looks great on the shelf. Curious if they will stick with this theme for the Star Wars gift and if they do I wonder what character they will select.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:19 am

While I get why some would want a surprise pop as their gift I also get why they do not. The box itself has a surprise pop as part of it's main selling feature. As the Corps ages and matures, the # of founders will decrease as they do not renew for the year. Being a founder was a one-shot opportunity, as this point the # of members will never grow, just shrink. That means others who would want the yearly pop would have slimmer and slimmer chances of getting one.

We l=knew when we signed up what the yearly gift would be, just not the exact look of the final product. The statue is kind of fun, one-off new Funko product in my eyes. HIkari style packaging means it will fit in with a in-box Hikari collection. The statues are unique and different, a nice fit as they are a sort of reward for committing to the Corps.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:39 pm

I'm looking forward to receiving mine. Taking about a week for it to get from NJ to FL. I was hoping for delivery by a team of costumed Marvel superheroes pulling up to my home in their Marvelmobile bus surrounded by network newscasters and their crews.

As for the statue itself, a springy neck couldn't hurt :-k

Buy, hey...... free's free. Besides I've been told to never look a gift horse in the mouth. Never knew why. :dontknow:

Craig here......

slimpicks

Postby slimpicks » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:44 pm

Did they send a tracking number for the statue? Or did it just show up. I'm a founder and haven't received mine yet.
Charles aka slimpicks
instagram: Funko_slimpicks
ImageImage
Funko Fundays - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright night - 2016
Funko HQ grand opening - 2017
Funko "Making Fun - The Story of Funko" - 2018
Funko HQ Hollywood - 2019
Funkon Hollywood 2021
FDO San Diego 2023

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:49 pm

slimpicks wrote:Did they send a tracking number for the statue? Or did it just show up. I'm a founder and haven't received mine yet.

I got tracking last week, didn't update till Friday I think. If you haven't got tracking email, maybe log into your account and see if there is anything there.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:21 pm

I'd like to thank the academy, my parents, my lovely family and USPS, without whom this would never have made it to my office.

Funklub: 11181

Sincerely

Postby Sincerely » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Free is good, and while the trophy doesn't look very cool to me, what I'm more annoyed about is that the renewal charge (for another whole year) came before the gift did. So before I got to see the trophy, it charged me for another year. I wish it would've been the other way around. I think after year 1 I would've liked to had the option to choose which themes I want to get rather then commit to them all...

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:45 pm

Got mine today, love it.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:57 pm

Gotta say, having it in-hand makes me appreciate it a lot more. I'm still debating keeping my founder status though, as I would love to be able to skip a box here or there.... but I would also love a Spider-Man statue somewhere down the line. Ugh. Decisions, decisions.

Squird

Postby Squird » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:01 pm

I have a feeling that if you pass, you'll be able to find one from any number of people looking to get rid of their's next year. Ebay has about 30 Caps listed right now.

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:32 pm

Sincerely wrote:Free is good, and while the trophy doesn't look very cool to me, what I'm more annoyed about is that the renewal charge (for another whole year) came before the gift did. So before I got to see the trophy, it charged me for another year. I wish it would've been the other way around. I think after year 1 I would've liked to had the option to choose which themes I want to get rather then commit to them all...

That's not how it went down for me.

I believe that if you used PayPal, the renewal date was determined by them. If you used a CC, the renewal date was determined by MCC.

I received my statue and cnacelled my auto renewal on the same day, well outside the 5 day window that MCC asks for to prevent being charged.

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:33 pm

Squird wrote:I have a feeling that if you pass, you'll be able to find one from any number of people looking to get rid of their's next year. Ebay has about 30 Caps listed right now.

I don't doubt that, but as much as I consider myself a collector, I only collect things because I like them and have a hard time paying collectible prices, if you know what I mean. I've given up on owning a ton of pops for that reason. And one can assume that with each year, the number of founders will drop and the statue prices will rise.

ZeoVGM

Postby ZeoVGM » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:09 pm

The only people who know what a Funko product is are those who collect them. Other than Pops. :P

The general person has no idea what a Hikari or a Dorbz are. This is no different.

Also, there was a picture of this statue back when Founder sign ups were available.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:35 am

Squird wrote:I'd like to thank the academy, my parents, my lovely family and USPS, without whom this would never have made it to my office.

Amazing picture and congratulations!! Are those both Hikari proto's!? :eek:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

squidward

Postby squidward » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:43 am

I love how the Hikaris have their hands in the air and are cheering. That made me smile.
Excellent photography posing skills.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:55 am

Got mine today....I like how it looks in box.
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

Sincerely

Postby Sincerely » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:03 am

HobieWanKenobi wrote:
Sincerely wrote:Free is good, and while the trophy doesn't look very cool to me, what I'm more annoyed about is that the renewal charge (for another whole year) came before the gift did. So before I got to see the trophy, it charged me for another year. I wish it would've been the other way around. I think after year 1 I would've liked to had the option to choose which themes I want to get rather then commit to them all...

That's not how it went down for me.

I believe that if you used PayPal, the renewal date was determined by them. If you used a CC, the renewal date was determined by MCC.

I received my statue and cnacelled my auto renewal on the same day, well outside the 5 day window that MCC asks for to prevent being charged.

Hmmm damn then Paypal screwed me over :( *shakes fist* I was paypal renewal.

I did receive a message from MCC telling me they recommend me switch to credit card if I'm paypal not receiving boxes on time are not an issue, but I thought since I was founders it didn't matter to me...

Squird

Postby Squird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:27 am

squidward wrote:I love how the Hikaris have their hands in the air and are cheering. That made me smile.
Excellent photography posing skills.

Thanks. The Scrapmen cheer for just about everything. lol

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 am

My arrived yesterday. Gotta say, I was not looking forward to it very much after the comments here but it far exceeded my expectations. Yes it is plastic, but the weighted base gives it a nice weight and it looks sharp in the box. For a FREE item I totally dig it and think Funko found a great little unique way to reward folks for buying in early.

To each their own and all that, but I find it hard to complain about a free item that looks as advertised when we signed up.

And of course I am a sucker for the Hikari style packaging.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Squird

Postby Squird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:52 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
Squird wrote:I'd like to thank the academy, my parents, my lovely family and USPS, without whom this would never have made it to my office.

They're scraps from China. I got them pretty cheap. They're fun, I like having them, but I probably shouldn't have bought them as it only encourages more scraps.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:06 am

Now I really wish I bought the Founders program. I wanted to but I didn't have all the money to pay up front all at once. I'll continue to get every MCC box no matter the theme.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:12 am

Squird wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

They're scraps from China. I got them pretty cheap. They're fun, I like having them, but I probably shouldn't have bought them as it only encourages more scraps.

Still....they make this visual in your pic that much more awesome :thumbleft:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Trixt

Postby Trixt » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:14 am

Never got a tracking number in my email but I just checked the site and it should be delivered today.
Name is Wil.

slimpicks

Postby slimpicks » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:42 am

Just got mine today. No email. But it did say it shipped when I logged into collectors corps. Got to say I like it. It's has some weight to it.
Charles aka slimpicks
instagram: Funko_slimpicks
ImageImage
Funko Fundays - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright night - 2016
Funko HQ grand opening - 2017
Funko "Making Fun - The Story of Funko" - 2018
Funko HQ Hollywood - 2019
Funkon Hollywood 2021
FDO San Diego 2023

Return to “Powered by Funko”