Annual Marvel Collector Corps Collectible?

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: Annual Marvel Collector Corps Collectible?

Postby Valde » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:50 pm

I was kinda hoping for a visit from Scarlet Johansen.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Did someone say "kitten?"
I'm Josh

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Valde wrote:I was kinda hoping for a visit from Scarlet Johansen.

She's quite nice in person...met her at a Don Jon film premiere a couple years ago...I must say, she is even better in person!!

I'm sure she wouldn't be impressed with the idea of though...

image.gif

Regardless, I would whole-heartedly accept that as my MCC founders gift too :roflmao:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:35 pm

I'm a big proponent of not complaining because nothing was guaranteed or implied, but the Oscar statue is lazy at best IMHO. If that is what we're going to get for committing to a full year, I'd rather have a bulk discount like what loot crate does.

I won't complain, but that doesn't mean I can't be immensely disappointed and when that happens, my money does the talkin' (and the walkin').

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:40 pm

I am having a hard time thinking that a unique sculpted trophy is lazy.

Repainted gold cap would be lazy. In my opinion of course.
2012 Rookie of the Year

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:43 pm

The Head wrote:I'm a big proponent of not complaining because nothing was guaranteed or implied, but the Oscar statue is lazy at best IMHO. If that is what we're going to get for committing to a full year, I'd rather have a bulk discount like what loot crate does.

I won't complain, but that doesn't mean I can't be immensely disappointed and when that happens, my money does the talkin' (and the walkin').

If you pay for it..kick and scream or jump for joy all you want!! I'll be content either way..a statue or a POP..my expectations are at a bare minimum in preparation to avoid any disappointment.

I think it should be another Bobbler 2-pack for the Founders gift...everybody loved those last time :roflmao:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:59 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:I think the statue would be awesome, pretty unique piece of Funko plus it's marvel! It's a free bonus piece!

What is wrong with that?

This is where my thinking is.

Ok so it may be cheesy, but I don't care at all :)
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

JUFunko

Postby JUFunko » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:20 pm

It would be box after Deadpool I think, the gift is sent after your first year is completed, and Deadpool is the last of that year.
I'm Justin! Funklub #11840

Grails: Pink Ranger and White Phoenix

Newest POP!: Ashoka Tano (Hot Topic)

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:26 pm

No one will be complaining when they can sell their Founder's trophy for $50 - $100 on ebay.

#Callingitnow
ImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:04 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:I am having a hard time thinking that a unique sculpted trophy is lazy.

It's lazy because the design is bleh. It's lazy because it actually looks just like an Academy Award and I would have hoped for something more original. It's lazy because it's all one color and that color is gold. It's lazy because they had a year plus to figure out something cool to reward people who put up a lot of dough up front. But most of all, it's lazy because funko makes mostly awesome toys and collectibles and that statue is far from awesome, in my opinion.

I also agree that repainted gold cap would be extremely lazy; definitely lazier then the statue. With that said, I'd still rather have a pop.

Like I said, I won't complain, but I'll be a little disappointed.

If you like the statue, more power to you, I just don't like it at all. I guess you never know though, maybe it'll be better in person. If not, I'll be more than happy to sell it to a collector or fellow funatic who didn't sign up for founders. You can't please everyone. :D

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:00 am

sounds to me like you just don't like the idea of the free bonus gift being a trophy, and that's cool, I just didn't see how it could be considered lazy is all.

Other then both being trophies, and gold (which most trophies are) doesn't seem to look a whole lot alike to me.

You want a gold cap pop, I am sure there is a 50 people who would love to sell you one.

I myself would love a unique piece that i can display along with my marvel Funko stuff.
2012 Rookie of the Year

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:02 am

I was bummed I didn't have the cash for founders cause I would miss out on the trophy, sounds like plenty will be available :cheers:

mrcory5000
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby mrcory5000 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:31 am

The Head wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:I am having a hard time thinking that a unique sculpted trophy is lazy.

It's lazy because the design is bleh. It's lazy because it actually looks just like an Academy Award and I would have hoped for something more original. It's lazy because it's all one color and that color is gold. It's lazy because they had a year plus to figure out something cool to reward people who put up a lot of dough up front. But most of all, it's lazy because funko makes mostly awesome toys and collectibles and that statue is far from awesome, in my opinion.

I also agree that repainted gold cap would be extremely lazy; definitely lazier then the statue. With that said, I'd still rather have a pop.

Like I said, I won't complain, but I'll be a little disappointed.

If you like the statue, more power to you, I just don't like it at all. I guess you never know though, maybe it'll be better in person. If not, I'll be more than happy to sell it to a collector or fellow funatic who didn't sign up for founders. You can't please everyone. :D

It's lazy because you don't like it.

Folks often ignore Marvel has the final say with their characters before they're produced. If Marvel & Funko are both interested in a gold Captain America, then I'm certain collectors will one day have the opportunity to raid their area Hot Topics for them and sell them for their "time, gas, and latte's." And considering how many different product lines Funko's been responsible for over the years, it's not very surprising they would try something different to reward Founders.
WE ARE FUNKO!

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:35 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:35445

Hey guys, is this a pic of the actual statue we will be getting?

Craig here......

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:13 am

Craig, I think it's just a mock up if anything. I would be happy if it was though!
2012 Rookie of the Year

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:41 am

mrcory5000 wrote:It's lazy because you don't like it.

Folks often ignore Marvel has the final say with their characters before they're produced. If Marvel & Funko are both interested in a gold Captain America, then I'm certain collectors will one day have the opportunity to raid their area Hot Topics for them and sell them for their "time, gas, and latte's." And considering how many different product lines Funko's been responsible for over the years, it's not very surprising they would try something different to reward Founders.

Not true. There are plenty of things that I don't like that are not lazy at all. I'm old enough and secure enough in my thinking that I don't superficially hate something just because I don't like it (if that makes sense). I just don't think it's all that original or creative, which I find to be lazy.

You and others clearly feel differently, and that's OK, but I guess I missed the memo about not being allowed to voice an opinion that contradicts the "true" funko fans and somehow suggests funko could have put more thought and effort into it. I'm waiting for the inevitable "he just doesn't get it" comment.

It's certainly not Funko's job to appease me or anyone for that matter, but that doesn't mean my opinion is any less valid than yours and that you're right and I'm wrong or vice versa.

So long story short, don't assume my opinion is lazy just because you don't like it.

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:00 pm

He just doesn't get it. :D

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:00 pm

I would love that statue but I didn't have the funds yet to buy for a year all at once. Defiantly gonna try and sub this yearly subscription
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

mrcory5000

Postby mrcory5000 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:04 pm

The Head wrote:So long story short, don't assume my opinion is lazy just because you don't like it.

At no time did I mention your opinion was lazy- it was quite long.

One thing I've appreciated about Funko over the years is their interest in branching out and trying new ideas- had they not, most of y'all wouldn't even be here.

I'm sure several "Funko Collectors" will be pleased to buy one of Funko's first-ever trophy's off ebay for dirt cheap to add to their "Funko Collections."
WE ARE FUNKO!

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:06 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:He just doesn't get it. :D

Haha, set myself up for that one! lol

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:09 pm

mrcory5000 wrote:At no time did I mention your opinion was lazy- it was quite long.

One thing I've appreciated about Funko over the years is their interest in branching out and trying new ideas- had they not, most of y'all wouldn't even be here.

I'm sure several "Funko Collectors" will be pleased to buy one of Funko's first-ever trophy's off ebay for dirt cheap to add to their "Funko Collections."

In all fairness, just because it's long, doesn't mean it's not lazy. :razz:

I guess I was reacting to the fact that you said I thought it was lazy simply because I didn't like the statue, when that's not the case at all. I am much more thoughtful than that. :-k

mrcory5000

Postby mrcory5000 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:13 pm

I think it's ballsy of Funko to put forth the time and effort designing this trophy, something new and original to the company, instead of finding the "right" gold for a paint variant as their gift to Founders.
WE ARE FUNKO!

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:20 pm

The Head wrote:
mrcory5000 wrote:At no time did I mention your opinion was lazy- it was quite long.

In all fairness, just because it's long, doesn't mean it's not lazy. :razz:

I guess I was reacting to the fact that you said I thought it was lazy simply because I didn't like the statue, when that's not the case at all. I am much more thoughtful than that. :-k

Don't take it personal, man- I've also noticed that some of the people that have been here a long time don't take Funko criticism very well. Once I suggested Funko should hire an online PR person instead of having their other employees try to do that stuff inbetween everything else they work on. In no time, I had 2 or 3 old-timers jumping down my throat saying I didn't appreciate everything Funko does for us and telling me I wasn't a "real fan".

Yeesh....
ImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Indy Viper wrote:

Don't take it personal, man- I've also noticed that some of the people that have been here a long time don't take Funko criticism very well. Once I suggested Funko should hire an online PR person instead of having their other employees try to do that stuff inbetween everything else they work on. In no time, I had 2 or 3 old-timers jumping down my throat saying I didn't appreciate everything Funko does for us and telling me I wasn't a "real fan".

Yeesh....

Yeah, I don't want to assume it's blind loyalty, but that's what it feels like sometimes. I mean, we all love funko, but they're not perfect.

mrcory5000

Postby mrcory5000 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:21 pm

Indy Viper wrote:Once I suggested Funko should hire an online PR person instead of having their other employees try to do that stuff inbetween everything else they work on. In no time, I had 2 or 3 old-timers jumping down my throat saying I didn't appreciate everything Funko does for us and telling me I wasn't a "real fan".

So, this whole board is searchable, and I found the NYCC thread where you wanted to know if Funko would be revealing all NYCC exclusives in one wave, or in multiples (viewtopic.php?f=62&t=63975&hilit=customer&start=160), and in that thread you posted your suggestion.

Indy Viper wrote:In my opinion, though, that's kind of a weak substitute in this day and age of social media. This whole forum is owned and ran by Funko- this isn't a fan-made board, so why aren't they on here more regularly to help disseminate information? There should be someone who's job it is to monitor these forums and their social media accounts to address customer concerns and help with other promotions and events

You received feedback from an "old-timer," a moderator, and a Funko employee in regards to your suggestion.

The "old-timer:"
glowfunkofreak wrote:Well then maybe it's your opinion that is weak, since your information isn't correct.

This is a fan-made board, and always has been.
So the board didn't close because of the old host having no further interest to continue hosting it. Brian picked up the tab on hosting this board. So it is hosted by Funko. All the Moderators and the Admin of this board are collectors, not Funko employees, in fact none of them work for Funko.

Yoko was a long time board member here even before she started to work at Funko. I'm sure she is so busy at her job now she has little time to come here and read through every post. Which isn't really her job, or anyone elses at Funko.

Funko has adopted this board as it's own so it wouldn't go the way of the Dodo bird and disappear.

The Moderator:
TulaBug wrote:This board is the official Funko Board but it is not the place where the Funko employees get on everyday to monitor what we say. This is the place for us to talk to each other and have FUN! You can go onto the Twitter account or Facebook group and ask them any question you want.

I know that the Funko Employees have been VERY busy getting ready for NYCC and before that SDCC/Fundays but if you looked around the board more carefully you would see that Brian (Owner of Funko), Yoko and Reis get on the board on a regular basis and try to answer the best they can. You might even do some research and see that Brian holds some very special contests for the members of the board.

All the Funko employees are great at what they do so you might want to have a little patience because as Yoko posted...

The Funko Employee:
Yoko wrote:Our marketing team responds to many, MANY questions every day through our various channels. I get questions on our official platforms and my personal ones. If you think we should be able to get to them all, then you're not correctly imagining how many questions we get lol Sometimes, we just can't answer. I'm sorry if we missed yours.

I looked ahead in that thread a bit and looked for "old timers" with pitchforks but I didn't see anyone..
Indy Viper wrote:.."jumping down my throat saying I didn't appreciate everything Funko does for us and telling me I wasn't a "real fan".

On behalf of my fellow "old timers," I'd love for you to backup your very bold statement that any of us did what you claim. Thanks in advance!
WE ARE FUNKO!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:32 pm

mrcory5000 wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:Once I suggested Funko should hire an online PR person instead of having their other employees try to do that stuff inbetween everything else they work on. In no time, I had 2 or 3 old-timers jumping down my throat saying I didn't appreciate everything Funko does for us and telling me I wasn't a "real fan".

So, this whole board is searchable, and I found the NYCC thread where you wanted to know if Funko would be revealing all NYCC exclusives in one wave, or in multiples (viewtopic.php?f=62&t=63975&hilit=customer&start=160), and in that thread you posted your suggestion.

Indy Viper wrote:In my opinion, though, that's kind of a weak substitute in this day and age of social media. This whole forum is owned and ran by Funko- this isn't a fan-made board, so why aren't they on here more regularly to help disseminate information? There should be someone who's job it is to monitor these forums and their social media accounts to address customer concerns and help with other promotions and events

You received feedback from an "old-timer," a moderator, and a Funko employee in regards to your suggestion.

glowfunkofreak wrote:Well then maybe it's your opinion that is weak, since your information isn't correct.

So the board didn't close because of the old host having no further interest to continue hosting it. Brian picked up the tab on hosting this board. So it is hosted by Funko. All the Moderators and the Admin of this board are collectors, not Funko employees, in fact none of them work for Funko.

Yoko was a long time board member here even before she started to work at Funko. I'm sure she is so busy at her job now she has little time to come here and read through every post. Which isn't really her job, or anyone elses at Funko.

Funko has adopted this board as it's own so it wouldn't go the way of the Dodo bird and disappear.

The Moderator:
TulaBug wrote:This board is the official Funko Board but it is not the place where the Funko employees get on everyday to monitor what we say. This is the place for us to talk to each other and have FUN! You can go onto the Twitter account or Facebook group and ask them any question you want.

I know that the Funko Employees have been VERY busy getting ready for NYCC and before that SDCC/Fundays but if you looked around the board more carefully you would see that Brian (Owner of Funko), Yoko and Reis get on the board on a regular basis and try to answer the best they can. You might even do some research and see that Brian holds some very special contests for the members of the board.

All the Funko employees are great at what they do so you might want to have a little patience because as Yoko posted...

The Funko Employee:
Yoko wrote:Our marketing team responds to many, MANY questions every day through our various channels. I get questions on our official platforms and my personal ones. If you think we should be able to get to them all, then you're not correctly imagining how many questions we get lol Sometimes, we just can't answer. I'm sorry if we missed yours.

I looked ahead in that thread a bit and looked for "old timers" with pitchforks but I didn't see anyone..
Indy Viper wrote:.."jumping down my throat saying I didn't appreciate everything Funko does for us and telling me I wasn't a "real fan".

On behalf of my fellow "old timers," I'd love for you to backup your very bold statement that any of us did what you claim. Thanks in advance!

:smt079 I love everything Funko & we all should just have fun. \:D/
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

homietrav
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby homietrav » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:37 pm

JobaFett wrote:Whatever it is, I'm confident no one will complain since it's a 100% free piece and a bonus for signing up for a yearly instead of monthly subscription. How could you complain about free, right? RIGHT?!?

yuup
Travis

doao

Postby doao » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:03 pm

jhorsley23 wrote:
doao wrote:
The Head wrote:
Battastic wrote:I thought the original sign-ups showed a gold vinyl Captain America like an Oscar statue....or was that just for show?

I hope that was just for show. I was assuming it was when I signed up.

I remember them stating that the picture of the Captain America Oscar was just a place holder.

Actually, it was the opposite. They stated the Captain America Bowling Trophy was exactly what you would get. This has came up a few times, and I keep reminding people that they already stated it was that ugly gold statue you Founders would get.

I think I have the picture from the announcement still saved somewhere ...

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:16 pm

doao wrote:
jhorsley23 wrote:
doao wrote:
The Head wrote:
Battastic wrote:I thought the original sign-ups showed a gold vinyl Captain America like an Oscar statue....or was that just for show?

I hope that was just for show. I was assuming it was when I signed up.

I remember them stating that the picture of the Captain America Oscar was just a place holder.

Actually, it was the opposite. They stated the Captain America Bowling Trophy was exactly what you would get. This has came up a few times, and I keep reminding people that they already stated it was that ugly gold statue you Founders would get.

I think I have the picture from the announcement still saved somewhere ...

:happy7: the suspense is killing me lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:29 pm

oh how a free item became such a contentious topic. Hope everyone relaxes and has a great Tuesday!
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Nothing wrong with voicing opinions that go against the flow of the community, but if you say something is "lazy at best" and I don't agree, I will voice mine :cheers: nothing really to do with blind loyalty or whatnot.

I do appreciate all the work that Funko puts into their products, I am a fan. That has zero to do with having a different opinion on what a "lazy" effort might be.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:13 pm

mrcory5000 wrote:

The Moderator:

The Funko Employee:

First off, multiple congratulations on your mastery of the Internet! We're all very proud of you! I'd also like to thank you for your not-condescending-in-any-way response to my concern. It's very appreciated and has completely turned around my opinion on how "old-timers" treat newer members.

In regards to the content of your post, I was mostly referring to Glowfunkofreaks comment and believe I was confusing the part where he said my opinion was weak with telling me how this was a "fan-made" board. My bad for that. Oh, not that it matters or anything, but I took the liberty of copying the rest of my comment just for clarity's sake. (Thanks again for the internet lesson!!). Here ya go:

Indy Viper wrote:
clashcityrocker33 wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:
dpb1298 wrote:I was hoping a Funko employee would respond lol, no such luck.

They almost never respond here. I think I've only seen 2 or 3 posts from Funko employees here since I joined around SDCC this year. And only 1 of those posts was a response to someone's question or concern.

If anyone has a question for Funko there is always the option of contacting them via their website. I've hit them up a couple of times and someone has responded to me both times with a few days. And I think Yoko does a pretty good job of responding/dropping hints when she can here in the board. Just my opinion though.

Yeah, Yoko is the only Funko employee I've ever seen on here who responded to someone's question in a thread.

But in regards to your other point, I guess it's nice and all that they have people who respond to whatever you're talking about on their main website.

In my opinion, though, that's kind of a weak substitute in this day and age of social media. This whole forum is owned and ran by Funko- this isn't a fan-made board, so why aren't they on here more regularly to help disseminate information? There should be someone who's job it is to monitor these forums and their social media accounts to address customer concerns and help with other promotions and events

Oh, and also my response to the other posts you quoted:

Indy Viper wrote:I didn't know that part about this board almost going under and Brian/Funko saving it- that's really awesome of him/them. Though I'm sure you can understand my confusion based on the fact that it is now the "Official" Funko board.

Nevertheless, I think some people here got the wrong impression of what I was trying to say. I wasnt trying to criticize the employees that do come here to post, I was trying to point out that they should have one employee who's job is to do nothing but social media/internet interactions of all kinds instead of a bunch of already overworked employees jumping on when they have the time.

I'm positively sure none of those posts were edited in such a way to make me look bad at all, so no worries, my friend! Keep being Super-Awesome!!!
ImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:14 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:Nothing wrong with voicing opinions that go against the flow of the community, but if you say something is "lazy at best" and I don't agree, I will voice mine :cheers: nothing really to do with blind loyalty or whatnot.

I do appreciate all the work that Funko puts into their products, I am a fan. That has zero to do with having a different opinion on what a "lazy" effort might be.

I get it. I just took issue with the "it's lazy because you don't like it" comment. I have no issue with people voicing an opinion that is different than mine, just don't assume you know where mine is coming from.

For example, I have never seen a Hikari that I like, but do I think they're lazy because they keep making them and make multiple of the same character? Heck no. Those things are crazy detailed so I respect the work that goes into them. That just doesn't translate to me liking them unfortunately. In the case of the statue, I don't like it and it also just feels like they mailed it in. I mean they do this for a living and that was the best they could come up with? I could have designed that and I work in a stuffy corporate office. That is lazy to me. But, just my opinion.

Anyway, hope there are no hard feelings. I never mean any malice with my statements, but I can sometimes be blunt, particularly when I don't like something. On top of that, I love to argue and don't usually back down when challenged. It's a character flaw my wife reminds me of often. 8-[

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:32 pm

Really curious about this as well. Can't wait as I was already charged for the second year of MCC.
ImageImageImage Image

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:07 pm

d00dz wrote:Really curious about this as well. Can't wait as I was already charged for the second year of MCC.

This is so strange that I've seen so many people getting charged so early! :-k I signed up on Jan 29th, the day it went up.. I messaged MCC to confirm there wasn't an issue with my account because the funds had been and were always available to be charged but haven't been yet. I received a message back from them (MCC) a couple days later saying that I was all set and my founders fee wouldn't be charged again until April... Wonder what the deal is with some getting hit with the renewal fee so early while others aren't??
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:11 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
d00dz wrote:Really curious about this as well. Can't wait as I was already charged for the second year of MCC.

This is so strange that I've seen so many people getting charged so early! :-k I signed up on Jan 29th, the day it went up.. I messaged MCC to confirm there wasn't an issue with my account because the funds had been and were always available to be charged but haven't been yet. I received a message back from them (MCC) a couple days later saying that I was all set and my founders fee wouldn't be charged again until April... Wonder what the deal is with some getting hit with the renewal fee so early while others aren't??

I was surprised they charged me early as they haven't even shipped out the Deadpool box yet. I had a bad experience with MCC concerning a missing box which they flat out refused to replace. Their customer service is pretty terrible.
ImageImageImage Image

TehHappyNarwhal

Postby TehHappyNarwhal » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Just a heads up guys I've being msging funko about changing my details and was told this about the gift: Your gift will be mailed out in March, so lookout for the tracking info to come threw before your next payment. So it seems it's gonna be shipped on its own which makes me happy as it won't add to the weight of the Deadpool box so should avoid custom charges

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:33 pm

d00dz wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

I was surprised they charged me early as they haven't even shipped out the Deadpool box yet. I had a bad experience with MCC concerning a missing box which they flat out refused to replace. Their customer service is pretty terrible.

I agree their customer service is a bit insufficient considering the number of subscribers they have..should have a customer service phone line, as I prefer that very much more than email, BUT i've always received a response back within a week via email. Sorry you had a bad experience :blush:

TehHappyNarwhal wrote:Just a heads up guys I've being msging funko about changing my details and was told this about the gift: Your gift will be mailed out in March, so lookout for the tracking info to come threw before your next payment. So it seems it's gonna be shipped on its own....

This is great news!! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see what it is! =D>
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:28 pm

This thing looks amazing! Best pic I could get, sorry

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:36 pm

First Funko trophy? I am pretty pumped about it. I know a lot of you guys wanted a pop, but this thing seriously looks awesome!

Return to “Powered by Funko”