DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
brooklyn_geek

Re: DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:09 pm

So all is all like 3 people actually like this box...lol

YourAverageFunatic

Postby YourAverageFunatic » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:10 pm

My box finally shipped yesterday. Can't wait to add that sweet Armored Batman to my display!

Also, really dig the shirt as well!
Freddy Says "Man, are you squares-ville!"

John (formerly retro_spooner)

IG: YourAverageCollector

ISO Crystal El Diablo, Motorheadz

SaintsRow2008

Postby SaintsRow2008 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Spoiler: show
Love this box! The Pop is awesome, the Dorbz are great (my 2nd and 3rd Dorbz respectively), and the shirt is in my favorite color. I like everything else too, but those are the highlights for me. Looking forward to the next box in 2 months!
-Austin

1st Pop: Superman
100th Pop: SDCC 2016 Metallic Beerus
200th Pop: Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
300th Pop: Hitoshi Shinso
Latest Pop(s): Oh-Il nam, Gi-hun, Ali, Walter White, Dr. Strange Supreme, and Towelie
Current Pop amount: 387
Rarest Pop(s): The Walking Dead Prison Glenn proto and Tekken King proto
Received 100th Pop on: August 11th, 2016
Received 200th Pop on: March 5th, 2018
Received 300th Pop on April 29th, 2020

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:16 pm

According to the tracking, my box left NJ 3/4 at 325am. It's only a 2 day Ship from NJ to my address yet still no box and nothing updated on the tracking.
I am an in box collector, so I am praying for a decent box. If not, I may have to take drastic measures for a replacement lol
I've seen the unboxing and I like what's inside. It's not as big of a debut as I had expected but it is still worth the money
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:44 pm

:evil: My box arrived at my post office...five hours ago. Of course it gets here AFTER mail is delivered. Sonofalowdownnogood... What kind of bootleg "tracking" is that?! To not update until it's damn near in your hands...

Hopefully nothing is broken. Very excited. More than 3 people like the box. Check #legionofcollectors of #armoredbatman on Instagram :razz:

:bounce: Can. Not. Wait.

And now to get my armored Batman Dorbz...
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Can't see why if you ordered this box you would be unhappy...

You got the pop you know you were ganna get. Which I think he's pretty awesome, and I. Not a huge batman fan.

The Dorbz 2 pack is pretty cool. Don't collect Dorbz but we can expe t a box full of pops can we?
Not big fan of shirt, prob won't even wear it but hey I didn't say the box was a 10 out of 10
And the usual comic book, pin and badge.

So overall very solid box. Imo better then half of the marvel boxes.

Just wish they give so,ethkbg different then a comic book badge and pin

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:25 am

So, my estimated delivery date jumped from March 8th to March 14th over night.

Not funny.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Honch85

Postby Honch85 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:33 am

Yea i'm not liking this new delivery system my box went from Hauppage in Long Island to NJ just to come back across the bridge to NY and then process thru USPS my estimated delivery date is now the 12th...if i could pin point the location i would pick it up myself to save my box from getting thrown around from state to state

Looks like Toy Tokyo got their boxes in aswell cuz they had an Armored Batman on their premium wall for 50 hairs... I dont understand their pricing sometimes how is that priced higher than a Goblin Chase boggles my mind
PPG PROFILE: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... UYWAKKXM0/
Total Pop Count: LOST COUNT
Looking for Ghost Rider, The Thing, Dr. Doom

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:37 am

Honch85 wrote:Yea i'm not liking this new delivery system my box went from Hauppage in Long Island to NJ just to come back across the bridge to NY and then process thru USPS my estimated delivery date is now the 12th...if i could pin point the location i would pick it up myself to save my box from getting thrown around from state to state

Looks like Toy Tokyo got their boxes in aswell cuz they had an Armored Batman on their premium wall for 50 hairs... I dont understand their pricing sometimes how is that priced higher than a Goblin Chase boggles my mind

No, what I don't understand if how you're going to charge 50 bucks when the entire box was 35 shipped.

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:43 am

I just don't understand why anyone who is a huge Pop collector would also want Dorbz. I guess at least they're better than Reaction figures.
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:46 am

lcarus83 wrote:I just don't understand why anyone who is a huge Pop collector would also want Dorbz. I guess at least they're better than Reaction figures.

It's probably due to the fact that many people who collect POPs also collect Dorbz....or that they never specifically said this is a POP only box. Yes, POPs are Funko's biggest seller right now...but they also want to push their other lines to get people interested in them. As for me...I have no interest in Dorbz. Maybe that's the wrong choice, because who knows, maybe one day these will be as big as POPs are now. I have my doubts, but its possible.

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:55 am

poppetmaster wrote:
lcarus83 wrote:I just don't understand why anyone who is a huge Pop collector would also want Dorbz. I guess at least they're better than Reaction figures.

It's probably due to the fact that many people who collect POPs also collect Dorbz....or that they never specifically said this is a POP only box. Yes, POPs are Funko's biggest seller right now...but they also want to push their other lines to get people interested in them. As for me...I have no interest in Dorbz. Maybe that's the wrong choice, because who knows, maybe one day these will be as big as POPs are now. I have my doubts, but its possible.

I understand them pushing Dorbz and stuff. I do. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and look forward to double-Pop months.

At least with this Superman/Aquaman pack, the packaging is pretty cool. I hate Hikaris as well but their boxes are awesome too
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

Honch85

Postby Honch85 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:04 am

poppetmaster wrote:No, what I don't understand if how you're going to charge 50 bucks when the entire box was 35 shipped.

Not that I agree with their pricing, but it is a game of Supply and Demand i guess
I wouldn't pull the trigger at $50 even if Pop Price Guide has it valued at $45

We're for the latter part conscious consumers....atleast i hope we are lol
PPG PROFILE: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... UYWAKKXM0/
Total Pop Count: LOST COUNT
Looking for Ghost Rider, The Thing, Dr. Doom

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:08 am

I'm actually very suprised the pop is still going for $45. I think the first people started getting there box last Friday. By this time on EVERY SINGLE other box the pop has droppped to around $30

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:09 am

lcarus83 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

I understand them pushing Dorbz and stuff. I do. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and look forward to double-Pop months.

At least with this Superman/Aquaman pack, the packaging is pretty cool. I hate Hikaris as well but their boxes are awesome too

I like Hikaris....well certain ones. I have a handful. Others are just...no. Would be cool to have a Hikari in a sub box one day...as long as it wasnt in the Star Wars box!!

JasonFunko13

Postby JasonFunko13 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:30 am

I am shipping a batman v superman box to an overseas friend and I'm out to buy a box to put his box in for shippment and forgot to get measurements. Can someone measure their box and let me know what the measurements are?

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:55 am

The whole Dorbz debate is a bit pointless. It was never stated that this was a POP only box. There will never be a box everyone enjoys 100%. Whether its Dorbz, Mystery Minis, Hikaris, pins, patches, comic books, or the shirts....someone is not going to like something.
Treat it like a Loot Crate box, keep what you want then sell or give away the rest.
The Dorbz 2-packs are selling on ebay for $20, get some of your money back.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:18 pm

I'm actually really anticipating the Dorbz because I also have the wal mart exclusive mystery minis to match so I'll display them together. I think I might even turn off auto renew and just place a new order for the next box and get an extra Batman box. I've only seen the pop on youtube vids so far but I think I'd like two and getting the whole box is a better deal to me.
Last edited by RobinBear177 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:21 pm

Does anyone know if the eyes glow on Batman? I don't think they do...

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:53 pm

I'm almost certain they don't. I saw vids and no one mentioned anything like that. I was hoping for that also cause of the video they put out. Also i collect Batman Cosbaby figures and their armored Batman does have LED eyes.

JasonFunko13

Postby JasonFunko13 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:06 pm

I am shipping a batman v superman box to an overseas friend and I'm out to buy a box to put his box in for shippment and forgot to get measurements. Can someone measure their box and let me know what the measurements are?

Ske7ch

Postby Ske7ch » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:50 pm

Just received mine, the Batman looks like it was squished between the Dorbz and something else, has a tear on a corner, a long crease on the side, the top and bottom openings are all bent...first and last box I order.

Just call me Manny

ISO Metallic Chase Riddler & Penguin

ImageImage

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:23 pm

Ske7ch wrote:Just received mine, the Batman looks like it was squished between the Dorbz and something else, has a tear on a corner, a long crease on the side, the top and bottom openings are all bent...first and last box I order.

Don't email Funko about it...they'll tell you to pound sand and enjoy the figure out of box [-( [-(

Ske7ch

Postby Ske7ch » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:27 pm

poppetmaster wrote:
Ske7ch wrote:Just received mine, the Batman looks like it was squished between the Dorbz and something else, has a tear on a corner, a long crease on the side, the top and bottom openings are all bent...first and last box I order.

Don't email Funko about it...they'll tell you to pound sand and enjoy the figure out of box [-( [-(

I know, I won't even bother.

Just call me Manny

ImageImage

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:39 pm

Ske7ch wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

I know, I won't even bother.

That or they'll just not reply after your second message, which is what happen with me in December.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Battastic wrote:The whole Dorbz debate is a bit pointless. It was never stated that this was a POP only box. There will never be a box everyone enjoys 100%. Whether its Dorbz, Mystery Minis, Hikaris, pins, patches, comic books, or the shirts....someone is not going to like something.
Treat it like a Loot Crate box, keep what you want then sell or give away the rest.

I completely agree. I don't anticipate liking everything I get in one of their subscription boxes, but realize that there is someone out there who will be interested in buying it. Overall I think the three Funko subscription boxes are head and shoulders over the competition.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:46 pm

newhousebailey wrote:
Battastic wrote:The whole Dorbz debate is a bit pointless. It was never stated that this was a POP only box. There will never be a box everyone enjoys 100%. Whether its Dorbz, Mystery Minis, Hikaris, pins, patches, comic books, or the shirts....someone is not going to like something.

I completely agree. I don't anticipate liking everything I get in one of their subscription boxes, but realize that there is someone out there who will be interested in buying it. Overall I think the three Funko subscription boxes are head and shoulders over the competition.

All but 4 of my 10 dorbz i have gotten through MCC/LoC/Fbox and really the ony two i dont really like are the LoC ones and that is only because im not big on Aquaman or Supes but they are still displayed with the rest. Jason and Loki are the two that really sold me on them and will be happy with more dorbz and minis
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:46 pm

Got my box and love everything. I can't sew the patch onto anything so I will most likely frame. Only gripe is the lack of shipping paper...on the outside. I'm not accusing mail people of being thieves, but...Yes I am. They can see exactly what the package is. It should be wrapped in shipping paper. :D
Team Dorbz 4 Life

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:00 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:Got my box and love everything. I can't sew the patch onto anything so I will most likely frame. Only gripe is the lack of shipping paper...on the outside. I'm not accusing mail people of being thieves, but...Yes I am. They can see exactly what the package is. It should be wrapped in shipping paper. :D

Oh, you mean that little piece of tape sealing the box isn't enough for you? :roflmao: :roflmao:

jrocksphotos

Postby jrocksphotos » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:15 pm

i really appreciate all the items that came in the box. the dorbz was a big plus because i was not expecting that to even be part of the box. if we were to be sold the t-shirt alone at Hot Topic it would be an easy $25 alone.
a Dorbz + Pop + Comic Book + Pin + Patch and special edition box for $35 with shipping is a huge steal.

the only thing i would suggest is that the way they are packaged so no damage occurs during shipping.
my armored batman has a dent in the top portion of the box not going to cry about it but would like to receive a mint condition product next time.
SWC19/SDCC ‘17-‘19/ Pop Up SDCC ‘17/ECCC ‘18 & '19/Funko HQ Grand Opening 11AM / Funkast HQ pre-ECCC ‘18 & '19/Fugitive ECCC 18'/19' & NYCC Party ‘18/FDO8 Chicago/ Fundays ‘18-‘19/Making Fun Movie Premier in Hollywood/ Disneyland Funatics Meet-up ‘18/Conan SDCC ‘17-‘19 / NYCC 2018 / D-Con 2018 / Spooky Empire 2018 / RICC 2018 / Monster Mask-O RAID 2018

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Side note: the shirt is HUGE!

I ordered M because I figured, if it's too small, I won't be able to wear it. If it's too big, I'll just wear it with leggings. I'll be wearing it with leggings.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

Zoom

Postby Zoom » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:34 pm

I really liked everything that came in the box. I'm a bigger DC fan so I'm happy that they started their own version of Marvel's collector corps. The only thing I'd change about the 1st box is that the shirt was in English lol. Still a great shirt though and everything that came in the box is awesome. Especially the Armored Batman Pop :D

Newest Additions:
-Ant-Man: Captain America Civil War: Captain America (GameStop Exclusive)
-Batman v Superman: Knightmare Batman

In Search Of:
-DC Universe: Reverse-Flash
-DC Super Heroes: 52 Reverse-Flash
-DC Universe: Chase Flash
-DC Universe: Chase Superman

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:22 am

Tracking finally updated and the box will be here today. Fingers crossed nothing is damaged

ks082091

Postby ks082091 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:40 am

I got mine and it was great! But I was a little sad about how they packaged it. It doesn't seem like they did as well as with the Marvel ones. The Batman pop had this huge crease in it that I couldn't even push out. :/ but, there were two of the comics inside! Same comic, but 2 is nice. Lol

Zoom

Postby Zoom » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:43 am

ks082091 wrote:I got mine and it was great! But I was a little sad about how they packaged it. It doesn't seem like they did as well as with the Marvel ones. The Batman pop had this huge crease in it that I couldn't even push out. :/ but, there were two of the comics inside! Same comic, but 2 is nice. Lol

sorry to hear about your pop. nice that you got 2 comics though! 1 to read and 1 to keep in the case :D

Newest Additions:
-Ant-Man: Captain America Civil War: Captain America (GameStop Exclusive)
-Batman v Superman: Knightmare Batman

In Search Of:
-DC Universe: Reverse-Flash
-DC Super Heroes: 52 Reverse-Flash
-DC Universe: Chase Flash
-DC Universe: Chase Superman

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:45 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:Side note: the shirt is HUGE!

I ordered M because I figured, if it's too small, I won't be able to wear it. If it's too big, I'll just wear it with leggings. I'll be wearing it with leggings.

If the shirt is like a dress, there's gonna be some trouble around here. Ordered a few boxes, one being XS for my boys...hopefully it's not size tent on them. lol lol

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:49 am

ks082091 wrote:I got mine and it was great! But I was a little sad about how they packaged it. It doesn't seem like they did as well as with the Marvel ones. The Batman pop had this huge crease in it that I couldn't even push out. :/ but, there were two of the comics inside! Same comic, but 2 is nice. Lol

from the looks of my box it seems as they didnt account for the movement of the Dorbz two pack. I thought they would be able to fit in with a divider like marvel has done but im not sure. But this was the first time they have shipped something like that.
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:22 pm

Just got mine in. Really happy with it and I think I'm gonna cancel and order the DC TV show box so I can get another. I'm an OOB person but luckily my Batman pop box showed up pretty much perfect. Like a 9.8 or 9.9

Ske7ch

Postby Ske7ch » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:32 pm

The shirt is super long, mine fits great...but I can't use it since it makes me look as if I had a dress on lol

Just call me Manny

ImageImage

Funkofish

Postby Funkofish » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Does anyone know if you can order this box if you order the new TV one - like they do with Collector Corps?
The guy in the US that was meant to order me one thinks the order didn't go through (he says money was not taken in paypal) so am super bummed and trying to find a way to still get one...

Return to “Powered by Funko”