DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
poppetmaster

Re: DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Postby poppetmaster » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:36 pm

RedPats wrote:Anyone else still waiting on shipping notice? Mine is still processing...

Glad to know I am not the only one waiting!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:37 pm

MaxGoof wrote:Oh man, I want those Dorbz. I'm gonna hafta try to trade items from the Deadpool box for those. I KNEW I should have joined Club DC! :lol

If you make a new subscription for the next box, you will be able to order the debut box afterwards. However, I would give it a few weeks before doing so, because that option probably won't be available right away

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:14 am

I might add on next time, but I'm good for now! Excited to see the next box.
grace / @gracexyl - IG

LF color protos: TWS & AOU Capt America, AOU Thor & always & forever: Original Loki :love4:

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:26 am

gxwhyelle wrote:I might add on next time, but I'm good for now! Excited to see the next box.

*praying for a flash to add to my wall*
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Gilbertv21

Postby Gilbertv21 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:22 am

poppetmaster wrote:
RedPats wrote:Anyone else still waiting on shipping notice? Mine is still processing...

Glad to know I am not the only one waiting!

My order is still processing as well.

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:37 am

I'm just praying there are no Dorbz in this box. Every time I get a box from Funko now, they try to push these stupid Dorbz on me. Dorbz are Pops ugly cousins. They're on clearance everywhere I go, so hopefully the end is near...
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:47 am

lcarus83 wrote:I'm just praying there are no Dorbz in this box. Every time I get a box from Funko now, they try to push these stupid Dorbz on me. Dorbz are Pops ugly cousins. They're on clearance everywhere I go, so hopefully the end is near...

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:41 pm

lcarus83 wrote:I'm just praying there are no Dorbz in this box. Every time I get a box from Funko now, they try to push these stupid Dorbz on me. Dorbz are Pops ugly cousins. They're on clearance everywhere I go, so hopefully the end is near...

This is just the begining, Brian said they were on clearance do to over ordering of secondary characters. They have a few more waves coming this year :D
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:44 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:

buf12sbr wrote: This is just the begining, Brian said they were on clearance do to over ordering of secondary characters. They have a few more waves coming this year :D

Sadly for you Icarus, Dorbz are going to get pushed way, way harder this year than last.... If you don't like Dorbz, unfortunately it's going to get a lot "worse" before it possibly gets better. :razz:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:49 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:

buf12sbr wrote: This is just the begining, Brian said they were on clearance do to over ordering of secondary characters. They have a few more waves coming this year :D

Sadly for you Icarus, Dorbz are going to get pushed way, way harder this year than last.... If you don't like Dorbz, unfortunately it's going to get a lot "worse" before it possibly gets better. :razz:

You must become

Doug
Team Bacon

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:00 pm

I'm with you! I don't like Dorbz either. Some are kinda cool looking (like Ghost Rider), but I am generally not a fan. To each their own though, I know a lot of people like them.

With that said, I don't mind them in the boxes though because my daughter likes them and this gives her something out of the boxes since I give my son the Star Wars t-shirts (I get the MCC and DC shirts).

I also know that they are pushing Dorbz hard so I am expecting more, not less.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:26 pm

buf12sbr wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:

You must become

Don't resist, it's just easier :roflmao:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:38 pm

Have I told yous guys that I love Dorbzes??? If not, I'll tell you now...

I. Love. Dorbzes :love4:

My box departed NJ yesterday. I'm hoping it's here Monday. *fingers crossed*
Team Dorbz 4 Life

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:49 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:Have I told yous guys that I love Dorbzes??? If not, I'll tell you now...

Are you hoping for a box full of Dorbz without even a POP!? Wouldn't that be awesome :cheers:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:39 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
buf12sbr wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:

You must become

Don't resist, it's just easier :roflmao:

Bahahaha this is amusing! I didn't grab this box (as I chose to keep the marvel one and don't want to have too many subs eeeek!). I'd be glad to take
Any dorbz off your hands! ;)
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:44 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:Have I told yous guys that I love Dorbzes??? If not, I'll tell you now...

Are you hoping for a box full of Dorbz without even a POP!? Wouldn't that be awesome :cheers:

That would be the best thing EVER!!!!!! \:D/ But we all know that will never happen. I'm planning to order myself a big box of Dorbz, since retailer refuse to stock them. I have Assassin's Creed, BvS, and Daredevil in sight!
Team Dorbz 4 Life

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:37 am

So I've seen unboxing and without giving any spoilers away, Legion of Collectors first box seemed a lot weaker than MCC first box. I wasn't impressed with Smugglers Bounty first box but I thought that it was weak because of the limits Disney put on what Funko could and couldnt reveal. Given all the reveals in trailer and the B vs S POP and Dorbz already out I didn't think WB would be as limiting. I may be overthinking this based on longtime rivalry between Marvel & DC but I think Marvel had stronger first box. What are your thoughts?
Last edited by Hourglass75 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:21 am

Hourglass75 wrote:So I've seen unboxing and without giving any spoilers away, Legion of Collectors first box seemed a lot weaker than MCC first box. I wasn't impressed with Smugglers Bounty first box but I thought that it was weak because of the limits Disney put on what Funko could and couldnt reveal. Given all the reveals in trailer and the B vs S POP and Dorbz already out I didn't think WB would be as limiting. I'm really tempted to sign up for next LoC because of theme. I may be overthinking this based on longtime rivalry between Marvel & DC but I think Marvel had stronger first box. What are your thoughts?

The hulkbuster made it a better box otherwise they're identical, the shirts are nearly the same and you get twin pack of dorbz instead of 1 and they're gitd.

WolfXGames

Postby WolfXGames » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:00 pm

The Head wrote:

I'm with you! I don't like Dorbz either. Some are kinda cool looking (like Ghost Rider), but I am generally not a fan. To each their own though, I know a lot of people like them.

With that said, I don't mind them in the boxes though because my daughter likes them and this gives her something out of the boxes since I give my son the Star Wars t-shirts (I get the MCC and DC shirts).

I also know that they are pushing Dorbz hard so I am expecting more, not less.

I agree with you. My problem with Dorbz is a lot of them have the exact same face. For some characters it just doesn't look right to me. It would be cool if it was like Mighty Muggs with same mold different faces. The window box packaging on the front/back was a great idea though.

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:32 pm

I'm not a Dorbz fan because they're just repeats of the Pop! characters for the most part. I don't need a Rainbow Batman Pop set and a Dorbz Pop set as well...

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Rex Mason wrote:I'm not a Dorbz fan because they're just repeats of the Pop! characters for the most part. I don't need a Rainbow Batman Pop set and a Dorbz Pop set as well...

But that means that Pops are just repeats of Wobblers
Doug
Team Bacon

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:00 pm

Hourglass75 wrote:So I've seen unboxing and without giving any spoilers away, Legion of Collectors first box seemed a lot weaker than MCC first box. I wasn't impressed with Smugglers Bounty first box but I thought that it was weak because of the limits Disney put on what Funko could and couldnt reveal. Given all the reveals in trailer and the B vs S POP and Dorbz already out I didn't think WB would be as limiting. I may be overthinking this based on longtime rivalry between Marvel & DC but I think Marvel had stronger first box. What are your thoughts?

I am a bigger fan of DC so slightly biased but I like this box a LOT. The Hulkbuster piece was cool, but to this day since the 90's the only book I consistently read are Batman, so that pop was a bigger plus to me personally than anything Iron Man. I don't want to spoil the box...I liked the shirt. Yes the designs can be similar but it comes to tastes as always and I liked it the same way I like the Iron Man vs Cap shirt in a similar style. Nothing weak about the box and I think it was a great debut, but again I'm DC fan and it stands to reason, if you lean more towards Marvel, you'll appreciate that one more. I'm a way bigger Star Wars fan and didn't like the debut as much as the second...it varies...

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:06 pm

The hulkbuster made it a better box otherwise they're identical, the shirts are nearly the same and you get twin pack of dorbz instead of 1 and they're gitd.[/quote]

Exactly my point. Other than two gitd Dorbz the box was identical including a shirt design that is just a modified version of the AoU shirt in MCC. Why not do a 6" armored Batman? That would have created the same demand with fans and collector as Hulkbuster did. I have collected both DC and Marvel but I prefer Marvel, and am disgusted by the cynicism of the DCCU. But if I was a DC fan I'd feel let down. If just Seems like this was a lazy choice that doesn't have the same value MCC's first box had.

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:14 pm

The Hulkbuster was a huger point of the Avengers marketing, BvS doesnt really have anything comparable like that marking wise other than Armored Batman.
Doug
Team Bacon

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:22 pm

buf12sbr wrote:The Hulkbuster was a huger point of the Avengers marketing, BvS doesnt really have anything comparable like that marking wise other than Armored Batman.

I think that's what bothers me most. This is a movie with the three most famous comic characters in history. Yet Marvel is one Upping them with box that's a year old.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Why would armored Batman need to be 6"? He's still at eye-level with Superman with the armor on...
Team Dorbz 4 Life

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Also, the dorbz are not glow in the dark...trust me, I tried hahaha
Calvin

GothamLord

Postby GothamLord » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:11 pm

I just rewatched the Flash so I might sub to this box lol. Hopefully it's the Atom or Firestorm.
I'm the collector Gotham deserves. (but also the one it needs right now)

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:14 pm

GothamLord wrote:I just rewatched the Flash so I might sub to this box lol. Hopefully it's the Atom or Firestorm.

I think it's going to be an exclusive Supergirl. But I'm getting that box because as weak as Arrow has been I still like all three shows. There is a Firestorm coming out sometime this spring/summer.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Hourglass75 wrote:
GothamLord wrote:I just rewatched the Flash so I might sub to this box lol. Hopefully it's the Atom or Firestorm.

I think it's going to be an exclusive Supergirl. But I'm getting that box because as weak as Arrow has been I still like all three shows. There is a Firestorm coming out sometime this spring/summer.

I would love an exclusive Supergirl!!! :thumbleft:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

SaintsRow2008

Postby SaintsRow2008 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Honestly, just because some characters are coming out later this year doesn't mean we won't get live action variations of them. Some of the characters we've gotten in the other sub boxes prove that different versions of characters can be made.

The next box could have anything from these 3 shows.
-Austin

1st Pop: Superman
100th Pop: SDCC 2016 Metallic Beerus
200th Pop: Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
300th Pop: Hitoshi Shinso
Latest Pop(s): Oh-Il nam, Gi-hun, Ali, Walter White, Dr. Strange Supreme, and Towelie
Current Pop amount: 387
Rarest Pop(s): The Walking Dead Prison Glenn proto and Tekken King proto
Received 100th Pop on: August 11th, 2016
Received 200th Pop on: March 5th, 2018
Received 300th Pop on April 29th, 2020

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:54 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:Why would armored Batman need to be 6"? He's still at eye-level with Superman with the armor on...

Using that logic why'd Hulkbuster get 6" when Hulk didn't?

MaxGoof

Postby MaxGoof » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:03 pm

Hourglass75 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:Why would armored Batman need to be 6"? He's still at eye-level with Superman with the armor on...

Using that logic why'd Hulkbuster get 6" when Hulk didn't?

The Hulkbuster armor is 11 feet tall, whereas the Hulk is only 8 feet tall. The Hulkbuster armor accurately should have been 40-50% bigger than Hulk, and it is.

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:34 pm

Seriously? If you want to argue semantics we can do that, starting with your belief that 50% of 11 is 8. Aside from that, your answer doesn't address my underlying point. There are already dozens of Batman variants so instead of a new POP as unique as Hulkbuster, DC fans get another Varient. Why did Marvel get a 6" pop and DC didn't? I'm not trying to start a flame war I just believe DC fans deserve better and can't, for the life of me understand why DC fans never demand better.

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:40 pm

Hourglass75 wrote:Seriously? If you want to argue semantics we can do that, starting with your belief that 50% of 11 is 8. Aside from that, your answer doesn't address my underlying point. There are already dozens of Batman variants so instead of a new POP as unique as Hulkbuster, DC fans get another Varient. Why did Marvel get a 6" pop and DC didn't? I'm not trying to start a flame war I just believe DC fans deserve better and can't, for the life of me understand why DC fans never demand better.

Most likely funko didnt have a 6in tie in for BvS that they could use.

It is hard to do things around a movie were the use of certain characters is limited
Doug
Team Bacon

RapsAndJays21

Postby RapsAndJays21 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:48 pm

They probably should've done two POP's for the first box. A 6" would've been nice, but nothing comes to mind. Would of liked a Lex, but maybe spoilers?

Follow Me On Instagram! http://instagram.com/funwithfunko

Ske7ch

Postby Ske7ch » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:35 pm

Still processing...

Just call me Manny

ISO Metallic Chase Riddler & Penguin

ImageImage

Davinci

Postby Davinci » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:53 pm

buf12sbr wrote:
Hourglass75 wrote:Seriously? If you want to argue semantics we can do that, starting with your belief that 50% of 11 is 8. Aside from that, your answer doesn't address my underlying point. There are already dozens of Batman variants so instead of a new POP as unique as Hulkbuster, DC fans get another Varient. Why did Marvel get a 6" pop and DC didn't? I'm not trying to start a flame war I just believe DC fans deserve better and can't, for the life of me understand why DC fans never demand better.

Most likely funko didnt have a 6in tie in for BvS that they could use.

It is hard to do things around a movie were the use of certain characters is limited

Yeah, while a 6in armored batman would be cool, it wouldn't fit in with the BvS line. Hulkbuster is already supposed to be huge and that is why it is 6inch.

People also forget that MCC is the first Funko mystery box so of course they have to put something in it really nice to grab people's interests. A year later and 5boxes from Marvel, 1~2 from SW, people are getting a DC one. People could also just be desensitized.

I didn't get this box but i checked out the spoiler. I think it's a solid mystery box for what it is. It's comparable to what's been in other funko boxes...which to a lot of people think sucks because they don't receive a HB level pop.

Oh and another thing. One thing people never seem to realize is that if Funko could and make more characters, they would. Why wouldn't they? More Revenue. BUT there's things and steps Funko and any other company out there has to do. Licencing agreements, contracts, limitations, etc. And sometimes, negotiations go on forever or don't reach an agreement.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:49 am

I've seen the unboxing as well. I think it is a solid box and I have no issues with the contents. I had hoped for a stronger debut box but it is still a solid box and I feel I got my money's worth.
This is still the first box and Funko was probably limited to what they could produce. Between the size of the box and contractual limits, who really knows. Other boxes may be less limited and could still blow us away.
If you look at the reactions to the Marvel Sub, the complaints went up after the debut box. Hulkbuster set the bar very high and the Jane Foster Thor & Ultimate Spider-man were solid as well. Then it was nothing but complaints for the Morbius and the Guardians holiday box. Not to mention a very mediocre reaction for the AoU box and the Deadpool box. If the DC box starts off in a similar fashion, we would be doing the same thing.
The DC TV box could step it up or July's box (which will probably tie into the Suicide Squad film) may have a higher profile item in it. But again, we just have to wait and see.
As long as all the boxes are continuously solid, with or without a high profile item, I will be happy
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Ske7ch wrote:Still processing...

Youre not the only one. I will get the box....someday.

Return to “Powered by Funko”