DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Ske7ch

Re: DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Postby Ske7ch » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:01 pm

poppetmaster wrote:
Ske7ch wrote:Still processing...

Youre not the only one. I will get the box....someday.

Day 744...Still processing...

Just call me Manny

ISO Metallic Chase Riddler & Penguin

ImageImage

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Ske7ch wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:
Ske7ch wrote:Still processing...

Youre not the only one. I will get the box....someday.

Day 744...Still processing...

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:17 pm

Mine arrived on Saturday. Solid box. The armored Batman makes it totally worth it.
Spoiler: show
The green superman Dorbz does not glow. Tried it with a black light and nothing. Also, it appears there are multiple shirt colors. I had seen grey in the unboxing, but mine was light blue.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Mine should be coming today! Can't wait for armored batman!

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:43 pm

Did they send this thing Pony Express? Mine's coming from Texas to Oklahoma and it's taken pretty long. I'm anxious to receive it. Patience is a virtue I guess.
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Yeah I don't get why they dropped ups, this new service doesn't update tracking.
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Hourglass75 wrote:The hulkbuster made it a better box otherwise they're identical, the shirts are nearly the same and you get twin pack of dorbz instead of 1 and they're gitd.

Exactly my point. Other than two gitd Dorbz the box was identical including a shirt design that is just a modified version of the AoU shirt in MCC. Why not do a 6" armored Batman? That would have created the same demand with fans and collector as Hulkbuster did. I have collected both DC and Marvel but I prefer Marvel, and am disgusted by the cynicism of the DCCU. But if I was a DC fan I'd feel let down. If just Seems like this was a lazy choice that doesn't have the same value MCC's first box had.[/quote]
And bottom line it's all tastes and opinions... I wasn't impressed with the Hulkbuster of the first Marvel box. I LOVED the DC box. Not that serious and unfortunately not everyone's going to walk away from every subscription box 100% satisfied every time. As a DC fan I definitely didn't feel disappointed.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Mine has not updated since it shipped. NJ to SC is only a few days and I would have thought it would be here today or tomorrow. Still nothing updating on the tracking.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Ske7ch

Postby Ske7ch » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Just received shipping confirmation on mine.

Just call me Manny

ISO Metallic Chase Riddler & Penguin

ImageImage

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:16 pm

:-({|= Still not here.

NJ isn't that far away. #-o
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

SparkInTheDark

Postby SparkInTheDark » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:17 pm

FINALLY GOT AN UPDATE!!! Mine will be here on Wednesday!

SirMace

Postby SirMace » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:20 pm

Mine has now shipped!!!!! :D
#Funko Funklub member 10142

Quasimod0

Postby Quasimod0 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:41 pm

I just got mine today. I like it well enough, for the Armored Batman alone. The shirt is alright, and I guess
it is in Spanish for some kinda "luchador" style.
Kinda random, to be honest.
The dorbz are great, if you're into dorbz, which unfortunately I'm not.

The patch, pin, and comic are fine as well.

Armored Batman is great, but he feels like a Pop that should've just been in the main line, whereas Hulkbuster really seemed like a special treat.

f1fan82

Postby f1fan82 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:13 pm

got mine today, pop box was trashed, shirt design is not good and I'm not big on dorbz, but if they send me a replacement box I'll be ok.

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:23 pm

Got mine today and I am really pleased. Like most of the people on this board I collect Pops, but welcome other items to round out my collection. I liked the call-back with the shirt and am just thankful I didn't get another black shirt. Not my favorite, but a solid box and well worth the price of admission. I have been very happy with all three subscription boxes.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

jigglyjello

Postby jigglyjello » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Im hoping we get a wonderwoman and invisible plane in one of the next boxes I saw it in their toy fair display I know the dorbz one was already released and cant wait for the pop one. Thats why i signed up for it :/

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:48 pm

jigglyjello wrote:Im hoping we get a wonderwoman and invisible plane in one of the next boxes I saw it in their toy fair display I know the dorbz one was already released and cant wait for the pop one. Thats why i signed up for it :/

Fans have been wanting a ride in one of these boxes for a while and that would have been sweet.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:49 pm

My box came today and I am really happy with it but I'm loving the Dorbz line so that brings my rating up..... for those with boxes coming from NJ, I'm only about 2 hours from the distribution center so those who are further away will probably be a few more days.
Kristen

Fawk

Postby Fawk » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:03 pm

I got my box today, and the content is cool, but the POP's box is creased and even ripped in certain areas. These clowns still haven't figured that a pop protector, bubble wrap, anything would go a long way.

XavierSoup

Postby XavierSoup » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Received my box yesterday, Everything looked great!!! Usually not a fan of Dorbz but the ones in the box look really great!!!

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:44 pm

Picke duo my box today - I LOVE!!!! I both love the Dorbz! And hate that I am getting sucked into that vortex more and more :roflmao:
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

wardengorri

Postby wardengorri » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Loved everything in the box and good god the Dorbz 2 pack is too awesome!
Hey guys, i'm Drew!

madman1366

Postby madman1366 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Not too thrilled with this one myself.

Only care for the POPs and the shirts when they are good and this was the worst shirt I've gotten in a box yet....it's half in Spanish I guess that is. Oh yea! Besides that the light blue color is nauseating at best.

Can't really stand the Dorbz either. Honestly, I've never seen a store that carries them that shows any signs that anyone has actually bought them....EVER. They rot on the shelves everywhere.

Pin was okay, and the patch is worthless. A Justice League patch would have been much better.

As for the POP, I agree it should have been a 6" or something else entirely. Definitely NOT on par with Marvel. What else is new?!?

All in all...big thumbs down here.

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:13 pm

f1fan82 wrote:got mine today, pop box was trashed, shirt design is not good and I'm not big on dorbz, but if they send me a replacement box I'll be ok.

Trust me, that's not going to happen. Customer service will tell you to just take it out of the box.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

Lawliet

Postby Lawliet » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Finally got the shipping email!

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:13 pm

madman1366 wrote:Not too thrilled with this one myself.

Only care for the POPs and the shirts when they are good and this was the worst shirt I've gotten in a box yet....it's half in Spanish I guess that is. Oh yea! Besides that the light blue color is nauseating at best.

Can't really stand the Dorbz either. Honestly, I've never seen a store that carries them that shows any signs that anyone has actually bought them....EVER. They rot on the shelves everywhere.

Pin was okay, and the patch is worthless. A Justice League patch would have been much better.

As for the POP, I agree it should have been a 6" or something else entirely. Definitely NOT on par with Marvel. What else is new?!?

All in all...big thumbs down here.

Smh use a spoiler tag please

SaintsRow2008

Postby SaintsRow2008 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:33 pm

Would have gotten mine today, but it arrived at the post office around the time my mail man delivered our mail to us. Hopefully I get it tomorrow, looking forward to opening it up!
-Austin

1st Pop: Superman
100th Pop: SDCC 2016 Metallic Beerus
200th Pop: Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
300th Pop: Hitoshi Shinso
Latest Pop(s): Oh-Il nam, Gi-hun, Ali, Walter White, Dr. Strange Supreme, and Towelie
Current Pop amount: 387
Rarest Pop(s): The Walking Dead Prison Glenn proto and Tekken King proto
Received 100th Pop on: August 11th, 2016
Received 200th Pop on: March 5th, 2018
Received 300th Pop on April 29th, 2020

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:40 pm

I don't get the shirt why Spanish? it makes no sense?

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:45 pm

hawkman2 wrote:I don't get the shirt why Spanish? it makes no sense?

Its a play on luchador posters.

Example: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... f41c3c.jpg
| Pop! Count: 1000+ :fdo91: No Longer Collecting |

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:00 pm

I'm fine with the box, I would rate it a 7/10 cause the pop is really cool and that's mostly what I care about. Don't like the shirt color though. Would love if the subscription boxes started doing mystery minis instead of some of the other items as I don't like Dorbz.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:08 pm

f1fan82 wrote:got mine today, pop box was trashed, shirt design is not good and I'm not big on dorbz, but if they send me a replacement box I'll be ok.

Never going to happen. One of my POPs in the Smuggler's Bounty box was wrecked...emailed customer service and they told me to send pictures. After I sent pictures, they turned right around and said they don't send replacements for "damaged packaging" and to "take it out of the box and enjoy it". No, sorry...not gonna happen. =;

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:25 pm

poppetmaster wrote:

Never going to happen. One of my POPs in the Smuggler's Bounty box was wrecked...emailed customer service and they told me to send pictures. After I sent pictures, they turned right around and said they don't send replacements for "damaged packaging" and to "take it out of the box and enjoy it". No, sorry...not gonna happen. =;

You would be better off ripping off the head and stomping the box. Then you might get a replacement.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:29 pm

slim1977 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

You would be better off ripping off the head and stomping the box. Then you might get a replacement.

I read a few people saying some of their MCC boxes didn't have such and such in it and then they emailed MCC and were sent replacements. How would they know the difference on whether or not there was actually something missing in the box or not?

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:43 am

poppetmaster wrote:
slim1977 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

I read a few people saying some of their MCC boxes didn't have such and such in it and then they emailed MCC and were sent replacements. How would they know the difference on whether or not there was actually something missing in the box or not?

That's true, because based on the club policy damaged boxes will not be replaced.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:04 am

Good to know about the box policy. I am an in-box collector and would be furious if my box was damaged.
So new plan....rip off the head and crush the box, then email customer service with pictures.
Problem solved.

On a side note, how can customer service decide how you should collect and accept the items you paid for? It should not matter how the customer collects an item. If the customer is not satisfied, customer service should fix the issue. Maybe have an exchange system for damaged boxes (return the damaged item & receive a new one) or maybe start adding some packing material to make sure this doesn't happen.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

jester00

Postby jester00 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 am

buf12sbr wrote:
Hourglass75 wrote:Seriously? If you want to argue semantics we can do that, starting with your belief that 50% of 11 is 8. Aside from that, your answer doesn't address my underlying point. There are already dozens of Batman variants so instead of a new POP as unique as Hulkbuster, DC fans get another Varient. Why did Marvel get a 6" pop and DC didn't? I'm not trying to start a flame war I just believe DC fans deserve better and can't, for the life of me understand why DC fans never demand better.

Most likely funko didnt have a 6in tie in for BvS that they could use.

It is hard to do things around a movie were the use of certain characters is limited

Doomsday movie version could have been used. If your going for a character that could be used for a 6" pop
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:59 am

jester00 wrote:
buf12sbr wrote:
Hourglass75 wrote:Seriously? If you want to argue semantics we can do that, starting with your belief that 50% of 11 is 8. Aside from that, your answer doesn't address my underlying point. There are already dozens of Batman variants so instead of a new POP as unique as Hulkbuster, DC fans get another Varient. Why did Marvel get a 6" pop and DC didn't? I'm not trying to start a flame war I just believe DC fans deserve better and can't, for the life of me understand why DC fans never demand better.

Most likely funko didnt have a 6in tie in for BvS that they could use.

It is hard to do things around a movie were the use of certain characters is limited

Doomsday movie version could have been used. If your going for a character that could be used for a 6" pop

Yes but it is only if Funko could have used him at the time, since there seems to be a hold on him and some other core characters
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

Honch85

Postby Honch85 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:09 pm

i'm sure Doomsday will come in the next wave with Luthor and Lois, but it seems that after already pushing the movie back a year to compete with Marvel its a wasted marketing opportunity they could have taken advantage of...i know sometimes certain pops give away details of the movie like Knightmare Batman being a dream sequence, but c'mon they put Doomsday in the trailer months ago they could've coordinated to make it go in the Collectors Box instead of those Dorbz
PPG PROFILE: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... UYWAKKXM0/
Total Pop Count: LOST COUNT
Looking for Ghost Rider, The Thing, Dr. Doom

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Still waiting on my box, but I have seen the unboxing. I am a little disappointed in this box because I feel like one character didn't get much respect (a patch and that's it? Really?!), and I don't like the t-shirt at all. I get the whole thing with luchador, but they did that with the Marvel t-shirts. I was just hoping they would do something different instead of a repeat in design. Plus I really don't like the color of the t-shirt (if I get the blue instead of the gray). But hey, I am a batman collector, and from what I have seen in the pictures the armored Batman looks great! So I'm overall happy with the box, with a slight disappointment about the patch situation. I hope in the future Funko puts in some mystery minis. It would add a little fun to the boxes and encourage trading among the subscribers (for the people that didn't get the mini they wanted).

I still haven't decided whether I am going to get the next box or not, but YAY! I'm just really excited that the DC subscription boxes are finally here! :D

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Got mine shipping email yesterday. I'm an OOB collector but I saw on Facebook that many many people received severely damaged boxes. I hope mine is nice but if not it's alright. Just glad I display OOB.

Return to “Powered by Funko”