Smuggler's Bounty "Cantina Box????

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Smuggler's Bounty "Cantina Box????

Postby MorbidGee » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:28 pm

I got Red Snaggletooth and Muftak Shirt. I like them and I'm happy with them, hope the OCD doesn't quick in and feels like getting the Blue ;)

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:22 pm

wow i forgot i made this forum a long time ago lol

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:52 pm

I got Red Snaggletooth and Mamaw shirt. I didn't realize there was a Blue Snaggletooth. D: I'm pretty disappointed that there have been two variants in the boxes, and I can only imagine this will be a regular occurrence. I'm OCD, but just not going to be able to dish out extra cash for something I was hoping to get exclusively in the first place. I'm a little bummed, but I don't want to damper any spirits. I love my boxes, but I'll be sad when I look at my Excel spreadsheet and see that missing piece!

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:19 pm

Spoiler: show
To my surprise I got a blue one. Pretty happy with it.

For those who don't know a lot about Snaggletooth, this video documents the history of him reall well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaqV7u4o09E

DRAGOON

Postby DRAGOON » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:53 pm

Lmao, I'm sorry but I got the box and I actually hate that I bought this. I adore Obi-Want but wow.

Don't think I'm doing Smuggler's Bounty again. Just feels like a lack of items in here.
Credit to bathtub-tigers. Amazing work!
Grail: Bruce Lee EtD Pop

Waiting On: Scott Pilgrim Pops

Wanting: Regular Show series 2. We need Margret. Oh, yes we do.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:36 pm

I'd love to complain about this box (which will probably be my last one), but mine still hasn't arrived. After 2 full weeks since it shipped, I'm less than impressed with the shipping option. I'd probably pay more if it was for a better method.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:46 pm

Don't hate the box but I will say my favorite thing is the fact that we didn't get a comic book!!! I would never by a pop pen myself but at least I can actually get use out of it were the comic,goes in the trash.

Xx4ST2R0NoTxX

Postby Xx4ST2R0NoTxX » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:00 pm

I finally received my box today, I like
Obi and Snaggletooth
they look great. I wish I could have received the Chase, but I am not that worried about it. Overall, nice box with 2 Pops, decent shirt and I didn't really care for the
Chewie pen.
I'm looking forward to this next box and hope it comes out awesome!
Shoot for the Stars, Settle in the Clouds.
You can call me JB, it's all good, man.
Current Pop Count : 424
Most Recent : SW Rancor Set
Current ISO : Beetlejuice, Bloody Leatherface Chase and Gold Power Armor
Funklub Member #11972

DRAGOON

Postby DRAGOON » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:36 pm

BeefyPenguin wrote:Don't hate the box but I will say my favorite thing is the fact that we didn't get a comic book!!! I would never by a pop pen myself but at least I can actually get use out of it were the comic,goes in the trash.

Guess I'd prefer the reading material. And it's just one more thing.

Why not just give the comic away?

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:20 am

Pretty sure value wise it lines up with most other boxes. Secret wars 2 pop box had 2 pops a shirt and comic book. Of course badge and pin 2. And the resistance box im pretty sure came with 2 pops a shirt and a lanyard + of course the badge and pin.

DRAGOON

Postby DRAGOON » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:39 am

BeefyPenguin wrote:Pretty sure value wise it lines up with most other boxes. Secret wars 2 pop box had 2 pops a shirt and comic book. Of course badge and pin 2. And the resistance box im pretty sure came with 2 pops a shirt and a lanyard + of course the badge and pin.

Well, again. I mean.

Secret Wars give two insanely popular characters. Comics are nice for geeks. The shirt was Pop related as well.

The Star Wars boxes I guess just really aren't for me. I wanted to enjoy this, but no Pop shirt. Irrelevant characters. I'll stick to Marvel. LET'S GO DISNEY BOX THOUGH!

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:24 pm

DRAGOON wrote:
BeefyPenguin wrote:Pretty sure value wise it lines up with most other boxes. Secret wars 2 pop box had 2 pops a shirt and comic book. Of course badge and pin 2. And the resistance box im pretty sure came with 2 pops a shirt and a lanyard + of course the badge and pin.

Well, again. I mean.

Secret Wars give two insanely popular characters. Comics are nice for geeks. The shirt was Pop related as well.

The Star Wars boxes I guess just really aren't for me. I wanted to enjoy this, but no Pop shirt. Irrelevant characters. I'll stick to Marvel. LET'S GO DISNEY BOX THOUGH!

I get what your saying and I sorta agree with you. Money value it lines up but that's it.

It also seems these boxes are getting away from actually delivering insanly popular characters. You keep seeing people say "Well these boxes give funko a chance to produce characters that the general population doesn't no about" so it makes it sound like getting awesome characters like miles morals and lady Thor won't happen to often.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Hang in there everyone! Prices are beginning to come down of e-Bay. Within two months the Blues will be between $35-45. Look at the number of Blues for sale and then look at the number of Reds. Almost one to two, yet the rate is 1 out of 5. In other words, there are a lot of people wanting the higher price and dumping them on e-Bay. The price will fall pretty quickly now. The "chase" Tie Fighter (box one) is now between $40.00-50.00. Over the long haul, all these boxes will easily maintain a value exceeding the initial price of $25.00 per box. Plus, they are great pops. Because of the limits on this license, we will continue to get great pops each month. Remember, we have two Star Wars films on the horizon (next 4 years). And isn't it great to realize we have a Red & Blue Snaggletooth with a story that goes back decades to early Kenner days. The main characters and obscure ones all have intrinsic worth because they are part of STAR WARS. I believe in 2017, when the next main Star Wars movie comes out, we will look back, 12 Smuggler's Bounty boxes later, and be extremely happy concerning all the great products (both main characters and obscure ones) and have no complaints. I look forward to every box and hope we will continue to receive main characters, obscure ones, variant chases and anything else the creative minds at Funko choose to produce! May the Force be strong in all of us.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:36 am

#-o bought 10 boxes and got all reds.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri May 13, 2016 7:26 am

I missed this box the first time around because my credit card was hacked but I back ordered it with the Bounty. Yesturday to my surprise I got the blue snaggletooth AND the Han shirt which was my favorite. I was so excited lol
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat May 21, 2016 10:22 am

Great score popfanboy!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Got 5 cantina boxes today and Doh all red snaggletooth! Damn my luck. Not as bad as hawkman2 but really let down.

Looks like they will go to eBay and my local comic shop for trade.
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Megacam wrote:Holy Moly I actually got the