Smuggler's Bounty "Cantina Box????

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
buf12sbr

Re: Smuggler's Bounty "Cantina Box????

Postby buf12sbr » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:48 pm

cooksgenes wrote:
Jeremyb4815 wrote:Excited for this one! the dhl tracking is the worst though, really liked the ups they had at first for mcc but that was probably pretty pricey.

Do you think the package will arrive on time or later than expected, now that it's with DHL? I really hope to get it tmr :(

my MCC came about a week or so later than normal
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

Kenny1132

Postby Kenny1132 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:17 pm

With my experience with DHL I expect I won't see this box until the May one closes
Pop Count: 124
Favorite owned Pop: Legion of Boom 3 Pack

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:35 pm

my Legions of collectors box arrived on saturday was originally supposed to be wednesday but kept changing, I just think dhl isnt as worried about meeting deadlines or moving the package. My work had alot of issues with them and stopped using them for domestic shipments. I don't really mind waiting, I just hype myself up for it once I look at spoilers lol
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Just got my shipment confirmation for this...

Carol_Lynn

Postby Carol_Lynn » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:05 am

I got shipment confirmation/tracking info just now. I clicked on the tracking and it said estimated delivery today. Hopefully by the end of the week :)
Carol Lynn (not Carol!), collector nerd and LTJ enthusiast.

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:48 am

Unfortunately my budget didn't allow me to get this box. Hopefully they will allow me to when I re-up my subscription by purchasing the May box, literally, 1 or 2 days after the March deadline -_-
IG: funko.max
Started collecting: Jan 01, 2016
POP!s: 350

Fundays: 2018

ISO:
- Pops: Freddy Boba Fett [LE24], Freddy Clone Trooper [LE12]
- Minis: Lurtz, Eowen, Witch King, Nazgul, Gimli
- Wobblers: LOTR/Hobbit

GothamLord

Postby GothamLord » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:46 am

Mine just shipped today! Hopefully it arrives soon. I'm dying to know the second pop.
I'm the collector Gotham deserves. (but also the one it needs right now)

Xx4ST2R0NoTxX

Postby Xx4ST2R0NoTxX » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:07 am

Received my shipping notice today, so it should only be a few days until I get to see what the other surprises are! I'm excited and definitely don't want to spoil it for myself like I usually do. lol
Shoot for the Stars, Settle in the Clouds.
You can call me JB, it's all good, man.
Current Pop Count : 424
Most Recent : SW Rancor Set
Current ISO : Beetlejuice, Bloody Leatherface Chase and Gold Power Armor
Funklub Member #11972

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:34 am

Just got a shipping notification. Probably wont even see this until next week though.

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:29 am

I got my notice too.... I hate DHL!! They seem to go from NY to NJ to MD then finally back to PA.... a 2 hour trip from origin to me takes days and days
Kristen

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Got my notice this morning! pretty excited for this box, wonder what the other items will be. would be cool to get a star wars comic.
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Received my shipping notice as well! VERY excited to see what they have cooked up for us :) New Star Wars stuff always makes me so happy! \:D/ \:D/
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Got a shipping notice this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive!

scarson9

Postby scarson9 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:30 pm

DHL is the worst. I live in Philly. My LoC package started out in Secaucus, NJ and went all the way to Elkins, MD to be transferred to the Post Office. WHAT!?!!?

Anyways, can't wait to see what we get. I'll try and steer clear of spoilers this time

POPwarner

Postby POPwarner » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:46 pm

I live in NJ is this good news for me ??
NJ / NYC

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:28 pm

So I ended up having to use a friends credit card, but since it didn't match my billing address, I had to make a new subscription within my account (my original has not renewed).

I do not see the status as processing yet, and it only says "new subscription". I hope everything is well and that the payment was processed.
IG: funko.max
Started collecting: Jan 01, 2016
POP!s: 350

Fundays: 2018

ISO:
- Pops: Freddy Boba Fett [LE24], Freddy Clone Trooper [LE12]
- Minis: Lurtz, Eowen, Witch King, Nazgul, Gimli
- Wobblers: LOTR/Hobbit

Wampa1977pop

Postby Wampa1977pop » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:13 am

POPwarner wrote:I live in NJ is this good news for me ??

Im in NJ as well and mine has shipped. Should get it Monday. :D
Graphic designer, Pop! Collector, poker player.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:45 am

We should be seeing the contents any day now.... hopefully today!
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

cooksgenes

Postby cooksgenes » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:54 am

DHL updated my tracking info. Delivery date is now March 23rd (from March 15th)... wondering why they are still in the business with this kind of delay :/

Divino

Postby Divino » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Looks like my box will be here Saturday 3/19!

RedPats

Postby RedPats » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:25 pm

Divino wrote:Looks like my box will be here Saturday 3/19!

Mine is also scheduled for the 19th. Although it is in NJ and I'm only in MA. Usually only takes a day or two from there, but with this new shipping service who knows.
Hello, my name is Cody
Funko Collecting since 3/29/15
Instagram - funko.stoner
ImageImage

SparkInTheDark

Postby SparkInTheDark » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:34 pm

I ran into a similar situation with the DC box which seemed to go farther away before it got closer, and I only received it two days ago so hopefully that doesn't happen for you guys. I canceled this one for the DC one so I'm dying to see if I made the right choice!

rush_6

Postby rush_6 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:42 pm

With all the changing they mays well not even give a delivery date it is no where near what they originally stated

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Apparently none of you are familiar with DHL GlobalMail, so I will take a couple minutes to fill you in. This is the same concept as UPS Mail Innovations and FedEx SmartPost...ALL of which suck horribly, but are a lot cheaper than sending something straight UPS, FedEx or DHL (which doesn't do domestic delivery). DHL is a global express carrier, and they are damn good at that. I can get packages from Japan or anywhere else in the world within 2-3 days. They are very fast. On the domestic side with this "GlobalMail", they are quite slow...JUST LIKE UPS and FEDEX. It goes "ground", then gets transferred to a USPS sorting facility in your state. From there, USPS sends it along its way and then is delivered by your mail man. Ignore the DHL delivery dates, because your package does NOT get delivered by DHL...it gets delivered by USPS. So once the package is transferred into USPS hands, THEN you can guesstimate when your package will be delivered. If you know about how long it takes for you to receive a package after it arrives at a certain sort facility. Again, DHL GlobalMail, UPS Mail Innovations and FedEx SmartPost ALL run on the same concept....it starts off going by the slowest GROUND method by that carrier (DHL in this case) and then gets transferred to USPS later on. This is a cost saving measure on Funko's part instead of sending it straight USPS or UPS. I have had several things ordered from ebay arrive this same way as well. And I've waited 10 days in some instances to get a package coming from the east coast to west coast. Slowest of the shipping methods, but cheapest...even though Funko charges the shipping rate that would get you the box within 5 days coast to coast if it were just sent straight UPS...or 3-4 days if USPS. Bah, whatever.

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:09 pm

popfanboy wrote:We should be seeing the contents any day now.... hopefully today!

just saw it on instagram, so its out there for people who want to know.

cooksgenes

Postby cooksgenes » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:23 pm

poppetmaster wrote:Apparently none of you are familiar with DHL GlobalMail, so I will take a couple minutes to fill you in. This is the same concept as UPS Mail Innovations and FedEx SmartPost...ALL of which suck horribly, but are a lot cheaper than sending something straight UPS, FedEx or DHL (which doesn't do domestic delivery). DHL is a global express carrier, and they are damn good at that. I can get packages from Japan or anywhere else in the world within 2-3 days. They are very fast. On the domestic side with this "GlobalMail", they are quite slow...JUST LIKE UPS and FEDEX. It goes "ground", then gets transferred to a USPS sorting facility in your state. From there, USPS sends it along its way and then is delivered by your mail man. Ignore the DHL delivery dates, because your package does NOT get delivered by DHL...it gets delivered by USPS. So once the package is transferred into USPS hands, THEN you can guesstimate when your package will be delivered. If you know about how long it takes for you to receive a package after it arrives at a certain sort facility. Again, DHL GlobalMail, UPS Mail Innovations and FedEx SmartPost ALL run on the same concept....it starts off going by the slowest GROUND method by that carrier (DHL in this case) and then gets transferred to USPS later on. This is a cost saving measure on Funko's part instead of sending it straight USPS or UPS. I have had several things ordered from ebay arrive this same way as well. And I've waited 10 days in some instances to get a package coming from the east coast to west coast. Slowest of the shipping methods, but cheapest...even though Funko charges the shipping rate that would get you the box within 5 days coast to coast if it were just sent straight UPS...or 3-4 days if USPS. Bah, whatever.

I agree. Their shipping charge is definitely not cheap ](*,)

ahonobaka

Postby ahonobaka » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:30 pm

Just saw a spoiler for the box on Reddit...Cool stuff but I don't mind waiting now lol....
Spoiler: show
http://imgur.com/RFGx0ob

nikegolferML23

Postby nikegolferML23 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:34 pm

So one of them is #70, glad for that, who are #69 and #71
Last edited by nikegolferML23 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Tiger..... I mean Mike
ISO: Greedo Blue Box, ECCC Phoenix, Red Skull, Unmasked Wolverine

ahonobaka

Postby ahonobaka » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:35 pm

^Maybe a chase variant, but I don't want to spoil any further!

Chase featuring "Blue"?

DRAGOON

Postby DRAGOON » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:53 pm

Not surprised but I'm honestly let down by the Box.

From what I've seen, the box features no Han? At all? This is the scene that introduced him and included one of the most iconic moments. Obituary looks great, but Snaggletooth? What the hell? Maybe it's because I'm not a hardcore fan but I don't even remember the dude. I only saw some items but it's a let down to me.

Non-Spoiler: If you're a hardcore Star Wars fan? Cool.

If you're a pretty big fan? Maybe cool. I'd consider myself that and it looks like Id still have no use for half the damn box. Feel like they could have made the other Pop a seperate buy for the hardcore fans.
Credit to bathtub-tigers. Amazing work!
Grail: Bruce Lee EtD Pop

Waiting On: Scott Pilgrim Pops

Wanting: Regular Show series 2. We need Margret. Oh, yes we do.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:23 pm

I don't usually complain about these sub boxes but this was just not that good to me at least. Maybe if you live and breath Star Wars you will be excited but I'm not THAT hardcore of a fan. I know my far share of characters and I've heard of
Snaggletooth
before but man. The one POP! that Funko showed us before if the only thing I like about the box beside the pin and patch. Still worth $25 don't get me wrong but just not as exciting as I hoped for.
How could Funko not do Ponda Baba?!? With the Obi Wan and his lightsaber it was the perfect duo!
Tanner

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:25 pm

popfanboy wrote:I don't usually complain about these sub boxes but this was just not that good to me at least. Maybe if you live and breath Star Wars you will be excited but I'm not THAT hardcore of a fan. I know my far share of characters and I've heard of
Snaggletooth
before but man. The one POP! that Funko showed us before if the only thing I like about the box beside the pin and patch. Still worth $25 don't get me wrong but just not as exciting as I hoped for.
How could Funko not do Ponda Baba?!? With the Obi Wan and his lightsaber it was the perfect duo!

yeah, im kinda meh about this one too.

chewbacca pencil is kind of underwhelming too, imo the cantina was never a good choice for a box theme. also thought ponda bobba was the obvious choice, when i saw it was snaggletooth i was real suprised

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:30 pm

Supposedly there are two variants as well!
Blue Snaggletooth or Red Snaggletooth. Probably another 50/50 chance like Morbius
Tanner

DRAGOON

Postby DRAGOON » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:45 pm

I'll stick to my Marvel box. Can't say I feel like it was 25 dollars well spent. What irritates me is, the Han-Greedo scene would have been fine and obvious. Or a Falcon ride. I don't get why we need to do these petty obscure things. Sure. You'll have people b**** about dupes. But honestly? A pop scene with Han having his feet proped up, leaned back with Greedo at the other would have been beyond fitting. Obi with whatever Ponda would have been fine too because it would have made sense. This doesn't. Who the hell is Snaggletooth?

As said, final word. To each their own.

But when Disney comes out, I'll stick with that and Marvel. Shame because the Bounty Hunter box seems beyond cool. Then again, I didn't think they couldo make me disappointed with this theme.

Keep obscure characters to the side, so the hardcore fans can buy them seperately.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:52 pm

DRAGOON wrote: Keep obscure characters to the side, so the hardcore fans can buy them seperately.

The thing is if Funko spent the money to wide release these characters that only hardcore fans know then it would not sell well. The box is for those hardcore fans and that's a way for Funko to get these lesser known characters out there without losing money
Tanner

DRAGOON

Postby DRAGOON » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:00 pm

popfanboy wrote:
DRAGOON wrote: Keep obscure characters to the side, so the hardcore fans can buy them seperately.

The thing is if Funko spent the money to wide release these characters that only hardcore fans know then it would not sell well. The box is for those hardcore fans and that's a way for Funko to get these lesser known characters out there without losing money
See, I'd be fine with that.

If they didn't use main characters as advertising points. Alright, so for example. Han is on all the advertisements for the damn box. All of them. And Greedo. So...

Don't put him on the damn advertisements, because from what it looks like, he's not anywhere in the damn box. The dude who made the scene famous isn't even in here. What? What did that falcon hint have to do with anything then?

It's overall annoying. I think the box would sell just fine if they released it for the casual fan. And I think there's enough Star Wars collectors that would buy a side character.

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:04 pm

just saw a variant shirt in the box that looked pretty great, black wanted han solo shirt. i hope i get that one

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:05 pm

DRAGOON wrote:
popfanboy wrote:

If they didn't use main characters as advertising points. Alright, so for example. Han is on all the advertisements for the damn box. All of them. And Greedo. So...

Don't put him on the damn advertisements, because from what it looks like, he's not anywhere in the damn box. The dude who made the scene famous isn't even in here. What? What did that falcon hint have to do with anything then?

It's overall annoying. I think the box would sell just fine if they released it for the casual fan. And I think there's enough Star Wars collectors that would buy a side character.

Han is on the shirt
Tanner

DRAGOON

Postby DRAGOON » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:06 pm

popfanboy wrote:
DRAGOON wrote:
popfanboy wrote:

Han is on the shirt

Are there multiple shirts?

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:08 pm

I think so. I've seen two different shirts now
Tanner

Return to “Powered by Funko”