Smuggler's Bounty Cantina - Hints!

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Megacam

Re: Smuggler's Bounty Cantina - Hints!

Postby Megacam » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:51 am

DuoofDeath1 wrote:
Kenny1132 wrote:Oddball characters are ok provided they're ones who actually played a role in the movies. For me Ponda Baba isn't exciting but the idea of a Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, or Ki Adi Mundi is.

I completely agree with this. Give me meaningful characters. Like seriously, where the F is Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, Mundi, Mace Windu!? I would have thought we would have gotten a grevious by now as well. You could easily make atleast 2 or 3 of him alone with different lightsabers. Please for the love of god, give me one of grevious with all 4 sabers. Qui Gon Jin, any form of young obi-wan? I'm all for oddball characters but release them along with critical ones too.

Yes, this :cheers:

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:58 pm

Megacam wrote:
DuoofDeath1 wrote:
Kenny1132 wrote:Oddball characters are ok provided they're ones who actually played a role in the movies. For me Ponda Baba isn't exciting but the idea of a Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, or Ki Adi Mundi is.

I completely agree with this. Give me meaningful characters. Like seriously, where the F is Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, Mundi, Mace Windu!? I would have thought we would have gotten a grevious by now as well. You could easily make atleast 2 or 3 of him alone with different lightsabers. Please for the love of god, give me one of grevious with all 4 sabers. Qui Gon Jin, any form of young obi-wan? I'm all for oddball characters but release them along with critical ones too.

Yes, this :cheers:

I feel like this has something to do with licensing maybe? All the characters you mention are from Episodes 1-3. If this is not the case, bring on the cool Jedi!

DuoofDeath1

Postby DuoofDeath1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:02 pm

i think part of it is really Disney just saying "TFA is a huge cash cow. Why would we want to bring up the prequels again?" That's true and it wouldn't really make sense but they are just now releasing
Spoiler: show
bespin Luke in the next wave and another old obi-wan
so why not go back and do other old ones

DuoofDeath1

Postby DuoofDeath1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:03 pm

not sure about the licensing. All i know is funko is required to make all star wars ones bobbleheads but not sure about anything else

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:57 pm

DuoofDeath1 wrote:not sure about the licensing. All i know is funko is required to make all star wars ones bobbleheads but not sure about anything else

Disney themselves have backed off of the prequels themselves and do their best not to promote them. Their current focus is from post Episode 3 (Rebels/A Star Wars Story films) through Episode 9 so dont count on anything but never say never either.

Malion

Postby Malion » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:04 pm

I could see Tarkin in a box. Unless he's in the rogue one set

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:30 pm

I am really happy with the "hint" they revealed. That's my favorite Star Wars character. I'm so happy that I almost don't care what the other Pop in the box is.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Kenny1132

Postby Kenny1132 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 pm

buf12sbr wrote:
DuoofDeath1 wrote:not sure about the licensing. All i know is funko is required to make all star wars ones bobbleheads but not sure about anything else

Disney themselves have backed off of the prequels themselves and do their best not to promote them. Their current focus is from post Episode 3 (Rebels/A Star Wars Story films) through Episode 9 so dont count on anything but never say never either.

You're probably correct which is why they mentioned Ashoka as a "Rebels" pop though personally the Clone Wars series was incredible and I'd much rather have a "Clone Wars" Anakin then a Hayden Christensen Anakin. But come on give me Padme, Anakin, Mace, and either Grievous or Dooku.
Pop Count: 124
Favorite owned Pop: Legion of Boom 3 Pack

slightecho

Postby slightecho » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:51 am

buf12sbr wrote:

You're right, they don't wanna promote anything from episodes 1-3 or Clone Wars, but they're honestly pretty hypocritical about it. They do their best not to promote anything 1-3 and Clone Wars related, yet we have a few different versions of Darth Maul? And Queen Amidala is one of the most sought after Star Wars pops. But they can't pick and choose one or two characters like that. I would understand picking and choosing more if they chose more characters. Only principles or something to that effect. But to only have one or two characters from the prequels/Clone Wars is honestly pretty dumb, in my opinion. Gimme Anakin and young Obi Wan, at LEAST. I also find it pretty transparent how the TWO prequel/Clone Wars pops just HAPPEN to be the visual cash cows from those films.

Sidenote: One day I bet they're gonna finally release a single new prequel character and it's gonna be Jar Jar Binks. :eek:
Praise be to Tanq! The best SDCC good luck charm a girl could ask for!

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/slightecho/AXDWZ0UUFAXG7CUV/

1st Pop: Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph
25th Pop: Goggles Rey from Star Wars TFA (HT exclusive)
75th Pop: Chase Eleven w/ Eggos

Mikey8815

Postby Mikey8815 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:16 am

they already have jar jar
Image Image Image Image

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:47 am

slightecho wrote:
buf12sbr wrote:

You're right, they don't wanna promote anything from episodes 1-3 or Clone Wars, but they're honestly pretty hypocritical about it. They do their best not to promote anything 1-3 and Clone Wars related, yet we have a few different versions of Darth Maul? And Queen Amidala is one of the most sought after Star Wars pops. But they can't pick and choose one or two characters like that. I would understand picking and choosing more if they chose more characters. Only principles or something to that effect. But to only have one or two characters from the prequels/Clone Wars is honestly pretty dumb, in my opinion. Gimme Anakin and young Obi Wan, at LEAST. I also find it pretty transparent how the TWO prequel/Clone Wars pops just HAPPEN to be the visual cash cows from those films.

Sidenote: One day I bet they're gonna finally release a single new prequel character and it's gonna be Jar Jar Binks. :eek:

The Darth Maul/Prequel series were made before Disney bought out Lucas
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

JUFunko

Postby JUFunko » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Relative:

Did anyone else catch that there will be Rogue One Pops at some point?
I'm Justin! Funklub #11840

Grails: Pink Ranger and White Phoenix

Newest POP!: Ashoka Tano (Hot Topic)

Mikey8815

Postby Mikey8815 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:48 pm

The only thing rogue one could produce that would get me interested would be a new mold of darth vader!! O:)
Image Image Image Image

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Mikey8815 wrote:The only thing rogue one could produce that would get me interested would be a new mold of darth vader!! O:)

Are you so certain though? You haven't seen what Rogue One is yet - before TFA I'd have been slightly iffy about Rey & Finn & BB8, but now not so much at all

Before Empire, might you've said "some guy named Boba Fett, name sounds alright, but he's no Darth Vader"

And just gotta say it relating to this somewhat "Ben slashed first!"

AshleyWilbanks

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:04 pm

I hope that they put a Star Wars variant cover comic in it, but I would highly prefer that the cover be POP related.
ImageImage

Follow me on Instagram: dccollectors
Follow me on Twitter: @dccollectors

Mikey8815

Postby Mikey8815 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:00 am

Boinky wrote:
Mikey8815 wrote:The only thing rogue one could produce that would get me interested would be a new mold of darth vader!! O:)

Are you so certain though? You haven't seen what Rogue One is yet - before TFA I'd have been slightly iffy about Rey & Finn & BB8, but now not so much at all

Before Empire, might you've said "some guy named Boba Fett, name sounds alright, but he's no Darth Vader"

And just gotta say it relating to this somewhat "Ben slashed first!"

No Im super excited for rogue one. Just saying in terms of pops I dont think I will be buying them. I dont have enough room or money for every pop of every movie I like lol. I have force awakens pops because thats the main trilogy.
Image Image Image Image

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Havent been keeping up with Rogue One....but my thought was "wtf, Donnie Yen is in it??"....big Donnie Yen fan.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:27 pm

I really dig seeing a new "action pose" old man Obi-Wan in the box. A very nice anchor piece for the box.

Fun to see where other people draw the line on where they stop collecting. If Rogue One ends up being as good as Ep.7 I wonder how many minds will change...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Mohawkjones, put your post in spoiler tags or prepare for the wrath of those who are trying to avoid spoilers while they wait for their boxes.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Mikey8815

Postby Mikey8815 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:12 pm

So I canceled my subscription after the last box (not because I was disappointed, loved the chewy). But after the recent pop that was revealed I reopened my subscription (I think). It now says "Auto Renew is on", however under "next charge" there is no date listed. So does anyone know if that means the cantina box will be shipped?
Image Image Image Image

Obi Fun Kenobi

Postby Obi Fun Kenobi » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:19 pm

I'm very excited for this month's box. I would definitely like to see more OT and PT in the future. Loved Force Awakens and I'm sure I'll love Rogue 1, but keep showing love to the older material and even the Legends and cartoon series would be great.
-- Robert

michael

Postby michael » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:34 pm

mohawkjones wrote:I really dig seeing a new "action pose" old man Obi-Wan in the box. A very nice anchor piece for the box.

Fun to see where other people draw the line on where they stop collecting. If Rogue One ends up being as good as Ep.7 I wonder how many minds will change...

And by "hints" this thread really meant "big hints that include the answer" : (

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 7.32.18 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
North Jersey
My collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... NUWQPZICW/
Shamelessly downsizing as MikeAwesome13 on eBay.

GothamLord

Postby GothamLord » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 pm

I can't wait for the new pop. Really hope we get more new OT figures this year!
I'm the collector Gotham deserves. (but also the one it needs right now)

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:41 pm

Too late.

michael wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:I really dig seeing a new "action pose" old man Obi-Wan in the box. A very nice anchor piece for the box.

And by "hints" this thread really meant "big hints that include the answer" : (

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 7.32.18 PM.png
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:02 pm

has there ever been a promo code for the Star Wars sub? I need to update my billing address and can't do that with an existing order apparently, so I have to place a new order with the correct address. just figured I'd check if there is a current promo code since there is a spot to enter one.

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:06 pm

POPtor WHO wrote:has there ever been a promo code for the Star Wars sub? I need to update my billing address and can't do that with an existing order apparently, so I have to place a new order with the correct address. just figured I'd check if there is a current promo code since there is a spot to enter one.

nope no promos for any boxes yet
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:08 pm

thanks, I didn't think I had ever seen one but wanted to check before I placed the order.

JUFunko

Postby JUFunko » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:10 pm

You can updated just fine if it's before the1st of the shipping month.
I'm Justin! Funklub #11840

Grails: Pink Ranger and White Phoenix

Newest POP!: Ashoka Tano (Hot Topic)

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:30 pm

its funny, I thought I had. all my other subs (MCC, DCLoC and Loot Crate) are all correct. come to think of it, it might have been in Jan when I did those and since the Resistance box was that month it would not have let me and I forgot to do it in Feb. no biggie, I reordered and as long as I get this months, I'm happy.

thanks for the replies

POPwarner

Postby POPwarner » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:12 pm

My payment was taken today.. Im actually gunna stay away from this thread because i would like to be actually suprised on the 2nd pop
NJ / NYC

ahonobaka

Postby ahonobaka » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:34 pm

"Pleasant surprise' seeing my charge come in today too, I've been trying to keep this in the back of my mind so as not to make the wait more painful!

slightecho

Postby slightecho » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:43 am

My payment was taken finally and I'm so excited for this box... too bad I'll be out of state when it arrives and I have to wait until I get home to open it! #-o
Praise be to Tanq! The best SDCC good luck charm a girl could ask for!

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/slightecho/AXDWZ0UUFAXG7CUV/

1st Pop: Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph
25th Pop: Goggles Rey from Star Wars TFA (HT exclusive)
75th Pop: Chase Eleven w/ Eggos

Droidustin

Postby Droidustin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:24 pm

I can't wait for this to arrive!
d u s t i n
Star Wars Pop! Collector
distinctlydustin @ Instagram

Kenny1132

Postby Kenny1132 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:06 pm

No shipping updates since Thursday and my box still hasn't arrived...I hate DHL
Pop Count: 124
Favorite owned Pop: Legion of Boom 3 Pack

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Got my box today. Of course no "chase"

Kenny1132

Postby Kenny1132 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Anyone else not receive theirs yet?

DuoofDeath1

Postby DuoofDeath1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:53 pm

Mine was supposed to be delivered saturday but saturday came and went and nothing so i checked the tracking and this morning it updated to supposedly being delivered tomorrow. Not really liking the switch to DHL. It shipped from NJ, i live in PA but apparently it had to go to kentucky first. Just checked tracking again and now its been delivered. lol

Captain RShane

Postby Captain RShane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:00 pm

I find it funny that the shipping address is from Dallas and I live in Dallas and I just got it today.
Wants: Older Captain America [06 B&W, 06 Metallic, 41 B&W, 41 GITD, 41 Unmasked]

Return to “Powered by Funko”