Smuggler's Bounty Cantina - Hints!

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
alex_dewitt

Re: Smuggler's Bounty Cantina - Hints!

Postby alex_dewitt » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:07 am

It's amazing how the GotG Box that we Europeans were able to get had zero POP!s and the Smuggler's Bounty Box that we Europeans CAN'T ever get for a reasonable price is getting TWO entirely new (sculpted) POP!s for the SECOND time. :cheers:

Thanks a lot! :-)

PS: I know MCC has had two POP!s before, I just feel so excluded and it's upsetting to see this. I know, the licensing issues might be there, but still... just makes me sad, since we're already paying a lot more for regular POP!s than our fellow US collectors.

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:40 am

alex_dewitt wrote:It's amazing how the GotG Box that we Europeans were able to get had zero POP!s and the Smuggler's Bounty Box that we Europeans CAN'T ever get for a reasonable price is getting TWO entirely new (sculpted) POP!s for the SECOND time. :cheers:

Thanks a lot! :-)

PS: I know MCC has had two POP!s before, I just feel so excluded and it's upsetting to see this. I know, the licensing issues might be there, but still... just makes me sad, since we're already paying a lot more for regular POP!s than our fellow US collectors.

This is confirmed. Not Funko's fault at all

DRAGOON

Postby DRAGOON » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:04 am

Sorry, have to disagree with the majority here. Give me Han and Greedo.

If it's the two side characters we see for three minutes, I'll be done with the boxes so quickly. I'm giving this and Deadpool a try. I just want main characters.

The side characters can come out seperatly. I'm definitely all for the Han-Greedo two pack idea.
Credit to bathtub-tigers. Amazing work!
Grail: Bruce Lee EtD Pop

Waiting On: Scott Pilgrim Pops

Wanting: Regular Show series 2. We need Margret. Oh, yes we do.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:09 am

Give me anything that's going to be selling for $100 on ebay and that anyone can order after the fact by subscribing to a new box and ordering backstock. PLEASE....please.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, this is complete SARCASM.

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 am

Darth Funko wrote:I still think one of them will be a Maz pop.

It most definitely WILL NOT be Maz. In the Periscope, they kept saying it will be based on the original trilogy Cantina scene.
ImageImage

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:59 am

DRAGOON wrote:Sorry, have to disagree with the majority here. Give me Han and Greedo.

If it's the two side characters we see for three minutes, I'll be done with the boxes so quickly. I'm giving this and Deadpool a try. I just want main characters.

The side characters can come out seperatly. I'm definitely all for the Han-Greedo two pack idea.

No offense, but you're probably about to be done with these boxes. Theyre designed for hardcore collectors who would buy almost anything (hence the surprise factor). If you don't like side characters, the boxes may not be for you. Sorry.
ImageImage

blueberry_yoghurt

Postby blueberry_yoghurt » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:02 am

Those in other parts of the world, have you tried a mail forwarding company?

It would probably be cheaper than buying from eBay etc!
Pop count: 99 On order: 5

Pops I would love to have:

Zombie Jake
The Flash (Chase)
Penguin

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:06 am

JUFunko wrote:Hyperion is an almost-clone of Superman...

You know that's intentional, right? Hyperion is a parody of Superman and the rest of Squadrpn Supreme is a parody of the rest of the Justice League:

Power Princess = Wonder Woman
Nighthawk = Batman
Whizzer = Flash
Dr Spectrum = Green Lantern
Amphibian = Aquaman
Skrullian Skymaster = Martian Manhunter

Fyi, DC also has a parody Avengers team, but I forget their names right now.
ImageImage

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:07 am

JUFunko wrote:Hyperion is an almost-clone of Superman...

You know that's intentional, right? Hyperion is a parody of Superman and the rest of Squadron Supreme is a parody of the rest of the Justice League:

Power Princess = Wonder Woman
Nighthawk = Batman
Whizzer = Flash
Dr Spectrum = Green Lantern
Amphibian = Aquaman
Skrullian Skymaster = Martian Manhunter

Fyi, DC also has a parody Avengers team, but I forget their names right now.
ImageImage

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:42 pm

2 POPs is definitely something to be excited about! A chase would be cool, unless I don't get the chase!

I was lucky enough to get the rarer tie fighter in the first box, and might buy a second to get the regular version. Would hate to have to do the reverse!
IG: funko.max
Started collecting: Jan 01, 2016
POP!s: 350

Fundays: 2018

ISO:
- Pops: Freddy Boba Fett [LE24], Freddy Clone Trooper [LE12]
- Minis: Lurtz, Eowen, Witch King, Nazgul, Gimli
- Wobblers: LOTR/Hobbit

ahonobaka

Postby ahonobaka » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Really not sure what to expect like everyone else but maybe I'm over thinking things! In the other 'Cantina' thread, member FunkoHero posted this:

"In the Twitter Q and A someone asked what was in the box and Funko replied "We can't say but it can make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs" :) "

So I was initially guessing it'd be a ride with Han and the Mil. Falcon? Not sure if that constitutes as two pops, but either way I'm excited to see what they come up with!

EDIT: Link to twitter reference: https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/statu ... 6836333569

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:01 pm

I forgot about that Twitter hint....hmmm...
ImageImage

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:06 pm

With the two hints, Han and Greedo seemingly jump to the top of the list and with glam of the Sorting hat Harry seated pops are now possible so, POP Scene is still my guess
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:06 pm

ahonobaka wrote:Really not sure what to expect like everyone else but maybe I'm over thinking things! In the other 'Cantina' thread, member FunkoHero posted this:

"In the Twitter Q and A someone asked what was in the box and Funko replied "We can't say but it can make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs" :) "

So I was initially guessing it'd be a ride with Han and the Mil. Falcon? Not sure if that constitutes as two pops, but either way I'm excited to see what they come up with!

EDIT: Link to twitter reference: https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/statu ... 6836333569

Doubt it's a ride, since ethe Millenium Falcon wasn't shown in the cantina scene...however, it would be cool. Most likely has to do with Han Solo. Although, I really don't want to see another Han figure

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:10 pm

A Pop and a ride? Or two Pops and a ride? I don't think it's either, though i gladly welcome one or the other. That would be the only way i'd tolerate another Han. Could they simply be hinting at what's on the pin or patch?

wonderful217

Postby wonderful217 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:11 pm

It seems most everybody is overlooking the obvious choice, the original Jabba the Hutt, he was right outside the Cantina lol

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:18 pm

Does anybody remember if Garindan appears in the cantina? Or is he just seen in the streets/spaceport?

ahonobaka

Postby ahonobaka » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:Could they simply be hinting at what's on the pin or patch?

Good point, I got caught up with the pop guesses that I failed to realize they could be referring to the other items...How cool would a "Han shot first" scene tee be with Han and Greedo at the table? Plus the two pops of Ponda and Evazan, plus a Millennium Falcon pin/patch? That'd be a winner for me!

jahilbert

Postby jahilbert » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:32 pm

I would think the top options for the Pops! would be:

1. Ponda Baba
2. Dr. Evazan
3. Garindan (If he does count, he's just outside)
4. Wuher the Bartender
5. Muftak (would be great flocked, though)
6. Ohwun De Maal

Here is a site with all the characters in the cantina: http://forums.thebothanspy.com/index.ph ... ide.17245/

POPwarner

Postby POPwarner » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:23 pm

Finally a Star Wars Pop Ride!!
NJ / NYC

JUFunko

Postby JUFunko » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:41 pm

Are you serious? Where did you come by this news?
I'm Justin! Funklub #11840

Grails: Pink Ranger and White Phoenix

Newest POP!: Ashoka Tano (Hot Topic)

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:47 pm

JUFunko wrote:Are you serious? Where did you come by this news?

Jumping to conclusions after reading this:

ahonobaka wrote:Really not sure what to expect like everyone else but maybe I'm over thinking things! In the other 'Cantina' thread, member FunkoHero posted this:

squidward

Postby squidward » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:50 pm

A Millenium Falcon would be awesome, but I have a feeling the reply was simply utilizing a familiar HAN SOLO quote and not revealing the actual Pop.
I would love a Falcon, though.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:53 pm

The Falcon doesn't have to be a ride to make it into the box. The shirt, patch, pin or perhaps some other item can feature the Millennium Falcon.

JUFunko

Postby JUFunko » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Either way, a Millennium Falcon item would be awesome!

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:08 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Xx4ST2R0NoTxX wrote:I'm excited for the 2 Pops, if there is a Chase, hopefully I'll get it like the Tie-Fighter, I don't see a point in ordering more than one box when it's supposed to be a surprise anyways. My complaint is time between boxes, but that's why there's 3 subs now! A culmination of everything I love SW, Marvel and now DC!

Now with the 3 boxes, I must say I believe the market is so saturated with sub boxes that this seems to make it a guarantee something good is coming every month lol

Well not a guarantee something good is coming every month when you get something like the Guardians box with a scarf, mug & Christmas ornaments when you wanted 2 Pops & a t-shirt (do I still sound bitter about that? oops)

squidward

Postby squidward » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:11 pm

Yes, you sound a little bitter.

I think it is logical that the Falcon will appear. I like the idea it could be a pin or in the t-shirt design.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:12 pm

Boinky wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
Xx4ST2R0NoTxX wrote:I'm excited for the 2 Pops, if there is a Chase, hopefully I'll get it like the Tie-Fighter, I don't see a point in ordering more than one box when it's supposed to be a surprise anyways. My complaint is time between boxes, but that's why there's 3 subs now! A culmination of everything I love SW, Marvel and now DC!

Now with the 3 boxes, I must say I believe the market is so saturated with sub boxes that this seems to make it a guarantee something good is coming every month lol

Well not a guarantee something good is coming every month when you get something like the Guardians box with a scarf, mug & Christmas ornaments when you wanted 2 Pops & a t-shirt (do I still sound bitter about that? oops)

time to get over it
Doug
Team Bacon

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:13 pm

buf12sbr wrote:
Boinky wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

time to get over it

There has only been 1 MCC box with 2 pops in it, and I don't believe what is in the Smugglers Bounty should lead to expectations for 2 pops in every MCC box. I like the scarf enough so, that the box was a PASS and not a fail for me just on that...plus you got the comic, & while the Bobblers aren't the exact same thing as the POPs, I'm willing to find some enjoyment out of them being in my collection.

As for the folks in warmer states where it's hot & warm all year, where they never wear scarfs OR to the Jehovah Witnesses that don't do Christmas...I'm sorry the December (remember it's now Febuary =P~ ) MCC box wasn't as good for you as it was for me :rolleyes:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

JUFunko

Postby JUFunko » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:16 pm

It's no big deal, I kinna like the mugs, have my 3PO mug too, :)

GrGizmo1

Postby GrGizmo1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:43 am

Just saw an ad on Facebook for Funko, and it has 2 pops that I believe are new. I wonder if this is what the new ones are...

Lost

Postby Lost » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:48 am

I saw an ad for this box on a website I was browsing can't remember which, but it showed the box, with han solo on one side and greedo on the other.

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:48 am

GrGizmo1 wrote:Just saw an ad on Facebook for Funko, and it has 2 pops that I believe are new. I wonder if this is what the new ones are...

Nope those two have been around since May
Doug
Team Bacon

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:49 am

GrGizmo1 wrote:Just saw an ad on Facebook for Funko, and it has 2 pops that I believe are new. I wonder if this is what the new ones are...

It's not new. Those are the Catina Band members that are already available.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:18 am

On yesterday's Periscope, they said something along the line of "Two new molds we have not used" (i forgot if they said characters in there, but molds for sure). They also said "its from the original cantina scene" and "these characters were IN the cantina" and "the scene wouldnt had been the same without these characters". So with these hints and the others, my guess is a Han and Greedo type two pack depicting the "Who shot first" scene. Not sure how they are going to do it, but thats my guess haha.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

Tany

Postby Tany » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:22 am

toro423 wrote:On yesterday's Periscope, they said something along the line of "Two new molds we have not used" (i forgot if they said characters in there, but molds for sure). They also said "its from the original cantina scene" and "these characters were IN the cantina" and "the scene wouldnt had been the same without these characters". So with these hints and the others, my guess is a Han and Greedo type two pack depicting the "Who shot first" scene. Not sure how they are going to do it, but thats my guess haha.

They just said molds. They've been very mindful not to say 'new characters', so I feel that's significant.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Ohayou, I'm Tany-Chan~!!
Instagram: moonlarkly // Twitch: tanypop

*:・゚✧ ✧・゚:*

Pop #: Who knows? // First: Harley Quinn #34.
Newest: ECCC Haul // Wanted: Glitter Sailor Moon!
Holy Grails: White Raven & Amidala

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:24 am

toro423 wrote:On yesterday's Periscope, they said something along the line of "Two new molds we have not used" (i forgot if they said characters in there, but molds for sure). They also said "its from the original cantina scene" and "these characters were IN the cantina" and "the scene wouldnt had been the same without these characters". So with these hints and the others, my guess is a Han and Greedo type two pack depicting the "Who shot first" scene. Not sure how they are going to do it, but thats my guess haha.

That puts it to 6 Characters
in order of importance to the scene
Han
Greedo
Ponda Boba
Dr. Cornelius Evazan
Obi
Luke
Last edited by buf12sbr on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug
Team Bacon

Theo718

Postby Theo718 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:27 am

buf12sbr wrote:

That puts it to 6 Charters
in order of importance to the scene
Han
Greedo
Ponda Boba
Dr. Cornelius Evazan
Han
Luke

when people think of that scene two parts come to mind han / greedo and Ponda boba / evazan. my money is on ponda because she says in the periscope NOT THE MOST LIKELY CHARACTERS. thats what was a give away for me. the guy jumps in and said not exactly depends on how people think of the cantina scene. Han and greedo are too popular for her to say something to that effect. my money is on ponda / evazan

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:31 am

I believe Pop Rides go against their licensing rights.
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:45 am

So excited for this! Hope we get two new pop characters.

Return to “Powered by Funko”