April's Collector Corps Box is CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
BillyLouis

Re: April's Collector Corps Box is CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:11 pm

Thought on the POP! that was originally going to be in the box/possible movie spoiler:
Spoiler: show
So if the POP! was originally supposed to be Falcon as Cap, could that mean we see this in the actual film?
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:15 am

This will be my first Dorbz figure. Personally, I jumped on the Vinyl Idolz train and was really hoping that those figures would've caught on, but Funko seems to have all but abandoned them. That being said, the upcoming Mystery Machine Dorbz Ride has been calling my name, so who knows? Maybe this particular Dorbz will be the first of many? I don't hate them by any means, but they always struck me as somewhat less...creative than Pops? They all have the same face, same body shape, same pose...but, hey, I tend to forget that Pops all looked similar until fairly recently, so maybe Funko will mix up the Dorbz eventually, as well?

Either way, as a Team Iron Man kinda guy, I'm perfectly okay with a "Visor Up Tony" being my first Dorbz!

I can completely understand the frustration some may be feeling toward the two-pack, especially with Cap being in such a ho-hum "action pose", but I personally really dig it. I, too, was on the "Hawkeye with Ant-Man on the Arrow" hype train, and I think that's something we, as a community, should probably start reevaluating: just because we wanted Obi-Wan and Ponda Baba in our Smuggler's Bounty Cantina box, that doesn't mean it's what Funko had been planning all along. So it's kind of silly for us to think "But didn't they hear us say we wanted Hawkeye/Ant-Man?! Why did they do this to us?!" Like, I can only imagine, judging by how many subscribers there are, that Funko chooses the exclusive Pops far in advance. So getting mad when it's not the Pop this site has been excited about for a month and a half is kind of arrogant and naive.

Personally, I love my Unmasked AoU Cap, and I'm not sure that this one is necessarily going to be able to replace him. Still, I'm madly in love with this "Action Pose Iron Man". He just looks so fun, and I know he'll look killer next to my AoU Iron Man. Again, #TeamStark all the way, people!

Also, is it weird that I'm super stoked for the lanyard? Like, the lanyard may be my second favorite thing in this box, next to that awesome shirt. I never use lanyards, but I love them so much, and I'm a sucker for that red/blue "Whose side are you on?" color scheme. And I'm agreeing with everyone here, yes, that patch is the slickest one yet!

I'm crazy excited for this box, though I'm not sure if it's because the box is loaded with awesome stuff or because it's loaded with stuff based around a movie I'm stoked for haha. If I wasn't as big an
Iron Man
fan, would I still love the contents of this box as much as I do? Probably not. But, eh, this is one Funatic who's personally not complaining lol
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

CampBhoy67

Postby CampBhoy67 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:23 am

I really like this box. Not too fussed with the Dorbz but it's nice to have. Personally think the Pop 2 pack is what the first Legion box should have been like, maybe a battle damaged Bats/Supes. I'm a strictly in box collector but these last couple of MCC's have included Pops that would look even better OOB. Still hope we'll see that Ant Man on Hawkeye's arrow soon!
James, of House Campbell.
Wish list: Riddler, Penguin, Sinestro, Rorschach, Joker 2 pack, Alan w/ Baby Carlos
IG: funko_diggle

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:15 am

CampBhoy67 wrote:
I really like this box. Not too fussed with the Dorbz but it's nice to have. Personally think the Pop 2 pack is what the first Legion box should have been like, maybe a battle damaged Bats/Supes. I'm a strictly in box collector but these last couple of MCC's have included Pops that would look even better OOB. Still hope we'll see that Ant Man on Hawkeye's arrow soon!

I agree. Armored Batman should have been a regular release, and a bloodied Superman, and damaged Armored Batman VS 2-pack would have been AWESOME. Dorbz coulda been something else lol I hope Ant-Man/Hawkeye and Spidey with Cap's shield aren't terribly difficult to obtain.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

Domina

Postby Domina » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:06 am

wraithkelso wrote:
PinkeyPikaPika90 wrote:
Domina wrote:Got mine today!

Love the pop pack and the Dorbz but wish it was more Cap focused. I'm biased! I love Cap. But it's still awesome!

I feel the same way it's Steve's movie (I'm team Cap) it should have been geared more to him, but still a very nice array of funko merchandise. I'm happy with it :) :) :D

What if they had asked customers to pick #TeamCap or #TeamIronMan and if you were Team Cap you would get a more Cap centric box and if Team Iron Man you;d get a more Iron Man centric box? That could have been pretty cool.

Yes! I actually though that is what they were doing with their Facebook ads that said choose a side. We get two boxes and I would have chosen one of each. My husband sadly is #TeamIronman.

CampBhoy67

Postby CampBhoy67 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:54 am

pop_jumper wrote:
CampBhoy67 wrote:

I agree. Armored Batman should have been a regular release, and a bloodied Superman, and damaged Armored Batman VS 2-pack would have been AWESOME. Dorbz coulda been something else lol I hope Ant-Man/Hawkeye and Spidey with Cap's shield aren't terribly difficult to obtain.

That's exactly what I wanted! Although granted I've yet to obtain the Armored Batman due to eBay prices. Spidey with Caps shield would be a great seller. Hopefully the Thor Ragnarok box has a Thor vs Hulk 2 pack!
Wish list: Riddler, Penguin, Sinestro, Rorschach, Joker 2 pack, Alan w/ Baby Carlos

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:47 pm

CampBhoy67 wrote:
pop_jumper wrote:
CampBhoy67 wrote:

That's exactly what I wanted! Although granted I've yet to obtain the Armored Batman due to eBay prices. Spidey with Caps shield would be a great seller. Hopefully the Thor Ragnarok box has a Thor vs Hulk 2 pack!

I just ended up buying the box. EBay is stupid expensive. I can auction off what I don't want and make some moola back.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

CampBhoy67

Postby CampBhoy67 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:12 pm

pop_jumper wrote:
CampBhoy67 wrote:
pop_jumper wrote:

I just ended up buying the box. EBay is stupid expensive. I can auction off what I don't want and make some moola back.

Yeah, that's what I was aiming to do but no international shipping. Bummer

Juggernaut209

Postby Juggernaut209 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:31 pm

Really disappointed in this box. There were many interesting choices that could have been included for the POP rather than another Captain American and Iron Man. Not a fan of Dorbz to begin with as they feel a bit redundant coming after POPs, but it being another Iron Man was the final nail in the coffin. I just hope I can unload mine on ebay for what I spent.
POP! Count - 64
Mystery Mini Count - 327
Mini Wants: Zootopia Nick Wilde
Minis to Trade: 1/144 Jaime Lannister, 1/72 WALL-E, Robbie the Robot, Bloody Predator, King Joffrey, Carl Grimes, Diablo, Super Mutant, Jason Voorhees (Series 3)
Toy pics from my collection: https://www.instagram.com/presidentjuggernaut/

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:02 pm

BillyLouis wrote:Thought on the POP! that was originally going to be in the box/possible movie spoiler:
So if the POP! was originally supposed to be Falcon as Cap, could that mean we see this in the actual film?

That's what I'm thinking too.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Juggernaut209 wrote:Really disappointed in this box. There were many interesting choices that could have been included for the POP rather than another Captain American and Iron Man. Not a fan of Dorbz to begin with as they feel a bit redundant coming after POPs, but it being another Iron Man was the final nail in the coffin. I just hope I can unload mine on ebay for what I spent.

If you look at the spoilers you will see that had to rush a set because what they wanted couldn't be done in time for the box. This set was a best we could do in the short time they had fix.
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:16 pm

nerdandcheese wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:Thought on the POP! that was originally going to be in the box/possible movie spoiler:

That's what I'm thinking too.

Happy to see I'm not alone in thinking that. lol
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:57 pm

funkystark wrote:
Domina wrote:Got mine today!

Love the pop pack and the Dorbz but wish it was more Cap focused. I'm biased! I love Cap. But it's still awesome!

I never really thought of it that way but that is a good point, being an ironman fan really not upset but I see where you are coming from. I often forget this is a supposed to be a Captain America movie, I just see it as Civil war the movie

If Iron Man is in the movie, they might as well call it an Iron Man movie. He tends to steal the show, in my opinion. A bit bias? Yes. I can definitely see how folks would expect this box geared towards Cap fans. No matter how you slice it, the box is more than worth the $25 price tag. People complained about no Pops, Funko gives us TWO. Then, on top of that, they throw in a Dorbz and a shirt (and cool little trinkets)! I don't know, but I wouldn't have a single complain about the box, because you could probably make back your money if you don't like it. Plenty of folks are probably kicking themselves for not subscribing to it.
I'm Abe

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:04 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:No matter how you slice it, the box is more than worth the $25 price tag. People complained about no Pops, Funko gives us TWO. Then, on top of that, they throw in a Dorbz and a shirt (and cool little trinkets)! I don't know, but I wouldn't have a single complain about the box, because you could probably make back your money if you don't like it. Plenty of folks are probably kicking themselves for not subscribing to it.

I'm with you on that Abe. This box has a TON of value packed into it compared to the price point.
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:38 pm

Domina wrote:Yes! I actually though that is what they were doing with their Facebook ads that said choose a side. We get two boxes and I would have chosen one of each. My husband sadly is #TeamIronman.

Isn't that grounds for divorce?

Domina

Postby Domina » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:14 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
Domina wrote:Yes! I actually though that is what they were doing with their Facebook ads that said choose a side. We get two boxes and I would have chosen one of each. My husband sadly is #TeamIronman.

Isn't that grounds for divorce?

He may spend some nights on the sofa.....

XavierSoup

Postby XavierSoup » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:11 pm

That Pop Pack is amazing!! This box is looking VERY good, the dorbz is great as well

Davinci

Postby Davinci » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:41 pm

Purposely avoided this thread til i got my box. I just opened it and I am amazed at the content given! I'm not 10/10 for it but i am still happy to have subscribed. I can't believe people are complaining about this box...

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Davinci wrote:Purposely avoided this thread til i got my box. I just opened it and I am amazed at the content given! I'm not 10/10 for it but i am still happy to have subscribed. I can't believe people are complaining about this box...

As long as there are people with mouthes, there will be complaining lol Haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm stoked for it!!

The
lanyard & year in review/concept summary card
were a couple of my favorite additional items in a sub-box yet from my look over the review in the aforementioned link...more please Funko!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Davinci

Postby Davinci » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:13 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Davinci wrote:Purposely avoided this thread til i got my box. I just opened it and I am amazed at the content given! I'm not 10/10 for it but i am still happy to have subscribed. I can't believe people are complaining about this box...

As long as there are people with mouthes, there will be complaining lol Haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm stoked for it!!

The
lanyard & year in review/concept summary card
were a couple of my favorite additional items in a sub-box yet from my look over the review in the aforementioned link...more please Funko!!

Yes!! I love the fact that they included the card. They should have put that card in the bottom of the box though. It was the first thing i pulled and i was looking at it, wondering what it was. I realized it was the content of the box. I wanted to look at the actual items first lol. Spoiled by a card, hahaha

emcee

Postby emcee » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Everybody is different. That's hard to believe?
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

Davinci

Postby Davinci » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 pm

emcee wrote:

Everybody is different. That's hard to believe?

Well, disappointment is one thing, complaining is another. It's a CW box, people should've had the chance of getting a variant of cap/+ ironman in the back of their minds. I am slightly disappointed as i am not a fan of action poses but i'm not complaining.

emcee

Postby emcee » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:36 am

I'm not sure what the difference between stating disappointment and complaining is.

Captain RShane

Postby Captain RShane » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Has it been confirmed everyone is receiving the same items? No, 1 in 4 shirts, 50/50 dorbz, variants, etc..?
Wants: Older Captain America [06 B&W, 06 Metallic, 41 B&W, 41 GITD, 41 Unmasked]

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:51 pm

Received my box today. Everything came in good but they sent me 2 patches and no pin. Has this happened to anyone else?
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

hawklovespurple

Postby hawklovespurple » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Was so excited to get my box today--totally made up for the headache of a day at work.
Loved it! Possibly one of my favorites so far. :D Keep it coming Funko!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Katie here.
ISO: Winter Soldier Masked Pop

ColeTheChosenOne96

Postby ColeTheChosenOne96 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:04 pm

I just got mine and the head on my
Captain America
fell right off. Is there anything I can do about this?

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:10 pm

ColeTheChosenOne96 wrote:I just got mine and the head on my
Captain America
fell right off. Is there anything I can do about this?

Email customer service, and send a picture along with it. For stuff like that they usually will replace it.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

emcee

Postby emcee » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:02 pm

Can't twist the spring back onto the neck?

racheva

Postby racheva » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:58 am

I really love this box! It was rattling a little when I picked it up, so I got worried, but it was all in okay condition. The patch and pin had broken free of their plastic, but they were in one piece. I love the shirt (wearing it right now) and the pops are great! I don't love dorbs, but I love Tony, so he's sitting next to the only other dorb I own, Ultron from the first box :) I also was pleasantly surprised by the info card. I'm sure there will be people b**** about the fact that they had to rush a new concept out, but whatevs.

All in all, a very satisfying box!

Tho I should add, my bff who is a massive Cap fan somehow had her box cancelled on her and they said they couldn't fix it since they're all out. That majorly sucks! She was hoping to pick one up later at SDCC, but I felt awful so I went on eBay and got her one as a surprise. Paid too much, but some things are worth it!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

jackiegeee

Postby jackiegeee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:22 am

I'm trying so hard to avoid spoilers, but wanted to come and ask if anyone's box is still stuck at DHL? My tracking hasn't updated since the 13th and I'm worried they lost it. :(

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Got my box yesterday, not a big fan of dorbz but overall a good box.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Hourglass75

Civil War MCC what did you guys think? Spoilers

Postby Hourglass75 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Was anyone else a little disappointed?
I wanted this to be a two POP box and I've wanted action pose Iron Man for awhile. Yet this box seemed really uninspired. Especially, upon reading the enclosed card that stated it was originally going to have a Sam Wilson: Captain America POP. I'm team cap but I just bought Cap GameStop exclusive and the two pack of Cap and Iron Man, and am a little irritated there wasn't more out of the box thinking with this box. I realize it's the Civil War box but there were other choices they could have made that didn't involve, characters that most of us already own, and that a lot of is, probably, just bought exclusives of. I haven't decided if I like the shirt or not. I loved the comic. The lanyard was a nice touch, patch was lame, but that's more of my personal preference. Also I'm not a Dorbz fan, really wish they'd have done a Vision with alternative clothing or Scarlet Witch, instead of Unmasked Iron Man.
Anyone else feel this way or am I just being to demanding?

Loadholt

Postby Loadholt » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:25 pm

jackiegeee wrote:I'm trying so hard to avoid spoilers, but wanted to come and ask if anyone's box is still stuck at DHL? My tracking hasn't updated since the 13th and I'm worried they lost it. :(

Was it tendered to USPS? If so, you need to copy tracking into the USPS website.

Captain RShane

Re: Civil War MCC what did you guys think? Spoilers

Postby Captain RShane » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Hourglass75 wrote:Was anyone else a little disappointed?
I wanted this to be a two POP box and I've wanted action pose Iron Man for awhile. Yet this box seemed really uninspired. Especially, upon reading the enclosed card that stated it was originally going to have a Sam Wilson: Captain America POP. I'm team cap but I just bought Cap GameStop exclusive and the two pack of Cap and Iron Man, and am a little irritated there wasn't more out of the box thinking with this box. I realize it's the Civil War box but there were other choices they could have made that didn't involve, characters that most of us already own, and that a lot of is, probably, just bought exclusives of. I haven't decided if I like the shirt or not. I loved the comic. The lanyard was a nice touch, patch was lame, but that's more of my personal preference. Also I'm not a Dorbz fan, really wish they'd have done a Vision with alternative clothing or Scarlet Witch, instead of Unmasked Iron Man.
Anyone else feel this way or am I just being to demanding?

I liked box for the most part. I like to two pack fighting poses, it could have been amazing had they made them battle damaged. That would have been sweet! Really my only disappointment is with the dorbz and that it wasn't a 50/50 split with Captain. Being this is a Captain America movie and all. Not sure why everyone had to get an Ironman dorbz. Just my thoughts. Overall was happy with the total amount of content!
Last edited by Captain RShane on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wants: Older Captain America [06 B&W, 06 Metallic, 41 B&W, 41 GITD, 41 Unmasked]

Liz83

Postby Liz83 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:23 pm

I just got my box today! So glad I can come back here now... I was staying away to avoid spoilers. I personally love the box and am really happy with everything in it. We definitely got more than our money's worth!
Hi, I'm Liz!
Funko Funklub member #1624

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:05 am

I took mine out of box to display and realized vinyl on both POPs are incredibly thin and flimsy. Plus stand for Iron Man broke after being out of the box, literally, five minutes. :angryfire:

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:07 am

jackiegeee wrote:I'm trying so hard to avoid spoilers, but wanted to come and ask if anyone's box is still stuck at DHL? My tracking hasn't updated since the 13th and I'm worried they lost it. :(

Mine was delivered today but still says its at DHL. What date did you order the MCC? Was it auto pay or did you order it before or after April 1?

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:11 am

PPG isn't recognizing contents of the box. Is this to avoid spoilers? I i entered contents of Deadpool box,the day I got it, with no issue, but for some reason there is a delay on this one. I'm assuming it's to avoid spoilers, and hoping it's not to manipulate the value.

jackiegeee

Postby jackiegeee » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:51 am

Hourglass75 wrote:

Mine was delivered today but still says its at DHL. What date did you order the MCC? Was it auto pay or did you order it before or after April 1?

It was auto pay. The USPS tracking finally showed something tonight, so I think it's ok. Just made me nervous that DHL said it departed their facility 9 days ago and then nothing on either tracker. Anyway, doesn't matter now, I'm just happy it's on the way! *disappears into the mist to continue avoiding spoilers*

Return to “Powered by Funko”