Smugglers Bounty or Leigion of Collectors

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Hourglass75

Smugglers Bounty or Leigion of Collectors

Postby Hourglass75 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:32 am

So I'm a lifelong comic collector, with Marvel bias. But I've collected Several DC, titles as well. I want to get Funko Mystery box monthly. I'm waffling between Leigion of Collectors and Smugglers Bounty. I'm lifelong Star Wars fan. My one issue is(please don't troll or flame me for this. It's just my opinion) I despise Batman and I'm afraid most of the items in DC box will be Batman related, but I do want a number of DC POP's, that I suspect will be exclusive to Leigion of collectors, i.e. Suicide Squad Harley, and Katana. Any advice?

xwickedstyleex

Re: Smugglers Bounty or Leigion of Collectors

Postby xwickedstyleex » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:37 am

you can always just wait to buy the legion of collectors boxes once they announce the theme.

emcee

Postby emcee » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:57 am

Sounds like you have no cons to Star Wars, and a great con to DC possibilities. I'd get Smuggler's then get any Legion stuff on the secondary market for must haves.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:11 am

My Star Wars cons are the Massive amount of Star Wars stuff I already own, as I've been collecting that since I was 6yo. Also I'm a little annoyed they seem to have 20 different storm trooper POP's but Zero with Rey with her lightsabre.

luknotluck

Postby luknotluck » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:18 am

Just get what you like. If the box is Batman themed, then don't get the DC box that month. If you are a Star Wars fan, you should probably get all of them. If you miss out on a previous box that you wanted but didn't have the money for it at the time, just order it when you do since they let you buy older boxes.

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:48 am

I'm a Hero of Marvel Collector Corp and was told by a rep, when I inquired about how to order Secret Avengers & Avengers-"due to licensing rights, the only way I can order past boxes is to cancel current subscription and Create another membership" I sh$t you not. So basically, according to rep I was told I had to pay an additional $95.85 for a duplicat box I don't want and two past boxes, with a subscription I've already payed $191.70 for, just to order past boxes. So I'm not real keen on the whole past boxes idea.

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:07 pm

Hourglass75 wrote:Also I'm a little annoyed they seem to have 20 different storm trooper POP's but Zero with Rey with her lightsabre.

She is in Wave 3 that is coming soon.

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:32 pm

As a fellow life-long Star Wars collector, I'd say Smugglers Bounty and then just grab any DC boxes you see that you like.

I do get the unending supply Stormtrooper (and Clone Trooper and Vader and droids) can be frustrating but when you display them all together, it's pretty cool looking :)
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

anm00727

Postby anm00727 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:52 pm

As everyone else said, get the Smuggler's Bounty, and get which every box you like the sound of for Legion (they will have spoilers before the deadline).
IG: funko.max
Started collecting: Jan 01, 2016
POP!s: 350

Fundays: 2018

ISO:
- Pops: Freddy Boba Fett [LE24], Freddy Clone Trooper [LE12]
- Minis: Lurtz, Eowen, Witch King, Nazgul, Gimli
- Wobblers: LOTR/Hobbit

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:46 pm

DC all the way!
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Marvelous WD wrote:
Hourglass75 wrote:Also I'm a little annoyed they seem to have 20 different storm trooper POP's but Zero with Rey with her lightsabre.

She is in Wave 3 that is coming soon.

I read that was a scam posted online. If it's true, do you happen to know release date?

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:32 pm

She was posted in the Funko 2016 OFFICIAL catalog so definitely not a scam. She wasn't shown as a glam but was shown in her concept art form along with posing Kylo and saber. One site is showing an ETA of June but that is subject to change.

As far as sub boxes, I am not very DC-centric but Batman was definitely a fave of mine. Still I feel much more connected to Marvel and SW. So for that reason I would pick SW. Don't forget that Funko loves Batman. So if you're not into Batman I would say you're taking a major risk, subbing into the DC box and thinking that many WONT have Batman items in it.

FYI the pops on display at Toy Fair are not exclusive to any box besides the one Batman that was mentioned to be in the first box. Suicide Squad Harley and Katana were shown as commons and will be available at all major retailers that carry pops and order them.

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:02 pm

I'd say both - but that's just what I'm doing because I like them all.

This DC box is definitely Bat vs Supes centered, then next I'm not sure & since Suicide Squad comes out in Aug that's the time the DC box will cover them. Could be like the Smuggler's Bounty, first box could be Bats & Supes & next box Luthor & Ambush Bug

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Why in gods name would they do an Ambush Bug POP? I know DC has a few POP's coming out, that I'm really Excited about. The Comic versions of Supergirl, Cyborg & Firestorm. I'm almost as excited about those as I am Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, & Dr. Strange shown at Toy fair.

LuckyStitch626

Postby LuckyStitch626 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:33 pm

I thought for a long time about which box I wanted to subscribe to. You could just go box by box and see which themes you like the best but even then there's no guarantee you're gonna like everything you get in the box or be put off by a certain character you get. So what it came down to me is which box service was gonna give me the least amount of characters I'm going to dislike. I figured I'm mostly a hardcore Star Wars and really there are very few characters if any that I dislike in that franchise so I decided to go all in all Smugglers Bounty. I'll probably end up buying a box here and there from Collectors Corp and Legion of Collectors too though depending on how well I really like the theme.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:04 am

Why decide on just one....it's really tough lol I'd say just wait and order after the contents are revealed if you really want to be confident you will get what you want and avoid getting what you don't :-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:52 am

I just do it on a month to month basis. If there's a box I would be interested in, I sub for that month. If not, then whatever. You can also order previous boxes with new subscription...so if you see a box that you like and you want the next box, sub and then order the previous box. That's what I did with the Smuggler's Bounty box....ordered 3 debut boxes after the fact and got 2 chase and 1 regular Tie Fighter.

As for DC....I am hoping for a new Riddler, Penguin or Two Face mold. Tired of the same old Batman variants and other variants of the same characters. Hopeful here.

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:13 am

Yeah another Pro I forgot to mention is I really want a flocked Chewy. Just don't want Captain Phasma or Tie Fighter pilot so I may end up ordering this months and January box in order to avoid, fiasco with trying to order MCC past boxes. From what I've seen the One year hero statue isn't something that holds a lot of appeal. I thought it was going to be a gold POP but apparently it was wrong.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:30 am

Hourglass75 wrote:Yeah another Pro I forgot to mention is I really want a flocked Chewy. Just don't want Captain Phasma or Tie Fighter pilot so I may end up ordering this months and January box in order to avoid, fiasco with trying to order MCC past boxes. From what I've seen the One year hero statue isn't something that holds a lot of appeal. I thought it was going to be a gold POP but apparently it was wrong.

The picture they showed this whole time was a golden statue of Captain America....when I saw that when MCC first started, that's what I thought it was going to be the whole time. Now that is actually is what they showed the whole time, people are upset about it. I don't get it. :dontknow:

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:41 am

The statue in the picture looks like a quick flash creation, or something you'd get on Clearence rack at trophey shop. Also I think the fact that the statue makes no sense in relation to Marvel, too the character or the purpose of collector Corp, is what has people upset.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:30 am

I didnt order the yearly box, and I cancelled after that let down Villains box....the yearly surprise statue/pop/toy/whatever didnt entice me from the getgo.

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:11 pm

-Something I should have mentioned previously, I had to deal with MCC customer service with Deadpool order. That's made me a little gun shy, on all three. I assume people doing MCC, are also doing LoC and SB. So I'm willing to give benefit of doubt and give them second chance, but I'm remaining leery until they prove me wrong.
-Also why didn't they come up with a better name for the DC box? I'm a life long comic collector, and my knowledge of Legion of Superheroes is limited to what little there was on Justice League cartoon and a couple of crossover events. Seriously Legion of Collectors was the best they could do, with all the Famous and obscure IP's at their disposal? Not saying Smugglers bounty is any better, why did Marvel get awsome name, with Marvel in it, and Star Wars and DC get stuck with vague, catch-phrasey name without Star Wars or DC in the name?

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Maybe it comes down to Disney and DC saying they wanted it a certain way. Just like the fact that the LOC box cannot be shipped overseas....due to DC saying NO

Hourglass75

Postby Hourglass75 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:42 pm

I just saw a Smugglers Bounty, spoiler, accidentally which may have clinched the decision for me. I really wish social media would do a better job controlling spoilers, or people would just stop being dicks. I realize either possibility will happen shortly after I win $80,000,000,000 in Lottery and inherit a bunch of rare POP's from a distant relative, but I can dream can't I?

Return to “Powered by Funko”