Smuggler's Bounty: "Bounty Hunters" May 15th Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Boba_Fetish

Re: Smuggler's Bounty: "Bounty Hunters" May 15th Box

Postby Boba_Fetish » Thu May 19, 2016 8:03 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:
RedPats wrote:
Darth Funko wrote:And this where I once again loudly denounce the use of DHL. My box has been sitting in NJ for three days waiting to be given to the USPS a mere few hours away. This shipping is ridiculous.

For real though. Its sad it takes over a week for mine to get from NJ to MA...

There must be a problem in New Jersey. I've had an ebay package stuck in Teterboro for three days now.

It's not Jersey, it's DHL. It's every time one of Funko's sub boxes ship.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri May 20, 2016 10:02 am

I don't know what it is, but I always get my Star Wars boxes stat! I also subscribe to Collector Corps and Legion and I tend to get both of those way after most people.

But Star Wars is my hands down favorite so I'll take it. Also, this box rocks. I just find it funny that they left Dengar off of the shirt.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Fri May 20, 2016 10:19 am

Whats really weird, is a friend of mine who lives 5 miles from me got his 2 days ago, mine will be here tomorrow. Not complaining, just an interesting observation.

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Fri May 20, 2016 12:18 pm

paxderomano wrote:I don't know what it is, but I always get my Star Wars boxes stat! I also subscribe to Collector Corps and Legion and I tend to get both of those way after most people.

But Star Wars is my hands down favorite so I'll take it. Also, this box rocks. I just find it funny that they left Dengar off of the shirt.

Right? Maybe a debt wasn't paid. Not cool enough to hang out with the cool hunters.
| Pop! Count: 1000+ :fdo91: No Longer Collecting |

DookSkyWalker

Postby DookSkyWalker » Fri May 20, 2016 3:54 pm

You guys think they'll replace my IG-88 box? It's totally crushed on the bottom and not in good shape at all... I've never had this happen and I subscribe to 3 boxes (marvel, DC, SW)
Grail: Shadow Trooper | Holographic Darth Maul

DookSkyWalker

Postby DookSkyWalker » Fri May 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Also my Boba clear plastic pop holder was shoved in and disfigured but was able to move it back in place so I guess they seemed rushed

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri May 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Picked mine up from the post office on the way home from work today so I didn't have to wait another day to get it.
Spoiler: show
I absolutely love the Boba! I think IG-88 turned out good as well. And I always thought he only had one eye-stalk thing, turns out I've been wrong this whole time - thanks Funko!

I had one issue with my box though - the front of IG-88's box was ripped right above his name; I immediately saw the damage.

So I tried to work some magic and fix it...

... think I just made things worse. Oops
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Fri May 20, 2016 5:31 pm

DookSkyWalker wrote:You guys think they'll replace my IG-88 box? It's totally crushed on the bottom and not in good shape at all... I've never had this happen and I subscribe to 3 boxes (marvel, DC, SW)

This is from the Smuggler's Bounty FAQ
We design our packaging to protect the collectibles inside, and we do not seal our boxes for this very reason. We encourage you to take your Pop! figures and other products out of the boxes to enjoy them! Even if you choose to keep your figures in the boxes, we are not able to replace packaging.

DookSkyWalker

Postby DookSkyWalker » Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:
DookSkyWalker wrote:You guys think they'll replace my IG-88 box? It's totally crushed on the bottom and not in good shape at all... I've never had this happen and I subscribe to 3 boxes (marvel, DC, SW)

This is from the Smuggler's Bounty FAQ
We design our packaging to protect the collectibles inside, and we do not seal our boxes for this very reason. We encourage you to take your Pop! figures and other products out of the boxes to enjoy them! Even if you choose to keep your figures in the boxes, we are not able to replace packaging.

Smh welp. Thanks for the response tho

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Fri May 20, 2016 5:42 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Picked mine up from the post office on the way home from work today so I didn't have to wait another day to get it.
I absolutely love the Boba! I think IG-88 turned out good as well. And I always thought he only had one eye-stalk thing, turns out I've been wrong this whole time - thanks Funko!

I had one issue with my box though - the front of IG-88's box was ripped right above his name; I immediately saw the damage.

That is exactly how I would have fixed it!
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri May 20, 2016 6:19 pm

I think this may well be the best box yet. Best Boba look I've seen and a never-before-released pop! Can't wait for Jabba's Palace in two months.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

missauru

Postby missauru » Fri May 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Marty you fixed it perfectly! I cant even see the original issue!!!
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Fri May 20, 2016 6:45 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Picked mine up from the post office on the way home from work today so I didn't have to wait another day to get it.

Loooooooolllll. This reminds me of a video I saw on YouTube of a guy unboxing pops.
| Pop! Count: 1000+ :fdo91: No Longer Collecting |

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Sat May 21, 2016 10:12 am

This. Is. Perfect!
Phillip
Official collector of nothing but Star Wars

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat May 21, 2016 10:17 am

Go Pmisley! We all have our moments.

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Very happy with this box!

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:28 pm

I do wish they used a different shipping method. DHL got it most of the way, and then USPS sat on it until today. It shouldn't take five days to travel 200 miles.

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Sat May 21, 2016 6:32 pm

this is an Outstanding month! very happy with the pops and hope funko keeps it up! Also really like the shirt.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat May 21, 2016 7:59 pm

The only box I had damage problems with was the one with the mug. I believe that was because it was so heavy that during shipping it must have banged against the pop and caused multiple creases. I hope they won't send any more heavy items (like mugs) in the subscription boxes. Pops are very light and the shirt on top keeps them protected. That is unless a hungry forklift eyes your particular box!!!

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sat May 21, 2016 11:25 pm

dad2my3 wrote:I do wish they used a different shipping method. DHL got it most of the way, and then USPS sat on it until today. It shouldn't take five days to travel 200 miles.

Mine only has to travel 21 miles, and it still only just arrived today. It’s like they walked it to my house.

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Sun May 22, 2016 11:42 am

This shirt and the Arrow one are my favorites to date.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun May 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Funko ships these put in waves....everyone complaining that they didnt get theirs but so and so down the street did. I had 2 boxes that were supposed to come. One shipped and I got it last week. The other JUST shipped this past Friday. :dontknow: Be patient

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun May 22, 2016 12:12 pm

They will not do anything. I have had crushed boxes before and they basically tell you to go pound sand.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Sun May 22, 2016 1:56 pm

poppetmaster wrote:Funko ships these put in waves....everyone complaining that they didnt get theirs but so and so down the street did. I had 2 boxes that were supposed to come. One shipped and I got it last week. The other JUST shipped this past Friday. :dontknow: Be patient

This is most likely right. I don't mind waiting until tomorrow (earliest) since I signed up for the box a couple of days before the deadline.

edit: And my DC boxes show up within a matter of days of the closing, presumably because I subbed to that box early on and let it auto-renew.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sun May 22, 2016 6:07 pm

I got home from downstate today and was finally able to crack open my box, and I am very happy with it. Particularly for one of the POP!s, that a friend and I correctly guessed, which is pretty cool. It jumped right up my "favorite POP! list" to somewhere in the top five. The shirt is pretty aces as well, though the spelling error and Jango mention annoy me. But, overall I am quite happy with this box.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Sun May 22, 2016 9:20 pm

This was my 1st Star Wars box and I am thrilled with it! Now I can't wait to see what Jabba's box brings us next!
:king: Mike

swind15

Postby swind15 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:37 pm

This was probably the best subscription box yet IMO. Funko did us right.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:51 am

I'm a big fan of bounty hunters, and because of that I considered getting this box, but passed when there were strong rumors of an action pose Boba Fett. I'm glad I didn't get it, because I prefer not having action poses, and I don't think IG-88 translates into Pop form very well. I had a feeling he would be the 2nd Pop, and I knew it wouldn't work. But the biggest reason I'm glad I didn't subscribe is the shirt. Clearly they don't check for spelling mistakes at Funko. As underwhelmed as I am about this box, I would still consider getting a box in the future. I've never gotten one from Smuggler's Bounty, and regret not getting the Resistance box, the best one they've had so far, with the FO box a close 2nd. These last two have been subpar IMO.

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Mon May 23, 2016 12:53 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:I'm a big fan of bounty hunters, and because of that I considered getting this box, but passed when there were strong rumors of an action pose Boba Fett. I'm glad I didn't get it, because I prefer not having action poses, and I don't think IG-88 translates into Pop form very well. I had a feeling he would be the 2nd Pop, and I knew it wouldn't work. But the biggest reason I'm glad I didn't subscribe is the shirt. Clearly they don't check for spelling mistakes at Funko. As underwhelmed as I am about this box, I would still consider getting a box in the future. I've never gotten one from Smuggler's Bounty, and regret not getting the Resistance box, the best one they've had so far, with the FO box a close 2nd. These last two have been subpar IMO.

I can understand not wanting an action pose if you prefer all the standard poses, but IG-88 translated perfectly. They managed to get a lot detail into his head, body, weapons while also capturing how tall and thin of a droid he was in the movie.
Phillip

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon May 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Pmisley wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:I'm a big fan of bounty hunters, and because of that I considered getting this box, but passed when there were strong rumors of an action pose Boba Fett. I'm glad I didn't get it, because I prefer not having action poses, and I don't think IG-88 translates into Pop form very well. I had a feeling he would be the 2nd Pop, and I knew it wouldn't work. But the biggest reason I'm glad I didn't subscribe is the shirt. Clearly they don't check for spelling mistakes at Funko. As underwhelmed as I am about this box, I would still consider getting a box in the future. I've never gotten one from Smuggler's Bounty, and regret not getting the Resistance box, the best one they've had so far, with the FO box a close 2nd. These last two have been subpar IMO.

I can understand not wanting an action pose if you prefer all the standard poses, but IG-88 translated perfectly. They managed to get a lot detail into his head, body, weapons while also capturing how tall and thin of a droid he was in the movie.

I agree that IG-88 is loaded with detail and looks just like him, but I don't think that means he translated perfectly... he doesn't look like a Pop to me.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Mon May 23, 2016 1:39 pm

These two pops are awesome!

IG-88 is crazy!
2012 Rookie of the Year

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Mon May 23, 2016 3:12 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:
Pmisley wrote:I can understand not wanting an action pose if you prefer all the standard poses, but IG-88 translated perfectly. They managed to get a lot detail into his head, body, weapons while also capturing how tall and thin of a droid he was in the movie.

I agree that IG-88 is loaded with detail and looks just like him, but I don't think that means he translated perfectly... he doesn't look like a Pop to me.

True. He is far less Pop-like than any of the others in the Star Wars line. The picture on his box looks more like a Pop than the final product.
Phillip

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon May 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Pmisley wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:
Pmisley wrote:I can understand not wanting an action pose if you prefer all the standard poses, but IG-88 translated perfectly. They managed to get a lot detail into his head, body, weapons while also capturing how tall and thin of a droid he was in the movie.

True. He is far less Pop-like than any of the others in the Star Wars line. The picture on his box looks more like a Pop than the final product.
Wow, I hadn't really taken a good look at the box until your reply, but now I wish he had turned out more like that.

In any case, I'm more than happy with the box as a whole. I've yet to regret any Smuggler's Bounty box so far; in fact, i kinda wish I had just subbed for the year instead of going month by month.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon May 23, 2016 5:27 pm

I've been avoiding this and other threads on this sub waiting for my and my son's boxes to arrive and they finally did :-) WOW. I mean WOW do I ever love these Pops!! ESPECIALLY Boba. I am dying to put some LEDs in him like I did with Iron Man (pic below). I need to get over the "exclusiveness" of him though, or maybe see if I can buy an extra :-)

Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon May 23, 2016 5:38 pm

Awesome!!! Great Look!!!

Malion

Postby Malion » Mon May 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Just got the box. Man ig88 is small!
I display without the bases so I was sad when I read he couldn't stand without it. But thankful he stands fine without it. So smol though.

Last edited by Malion on Mon May 23, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon May 23, 2016 6:05 pm

Malion wrote:Just got the box. Man ig88 is small!
I display without the bases so I was sad when I read he couldn't stand without it. But thankful he stands out without it. So smol though.

Great pic! That's an awesome looking pop but I just can't justify buying one. That Boba though...
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Malion

Postby Malion » Mon May 23, 2016 6:40 pm

Here are some comparison shots between the new and old boba. Just for the heck of it.

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Mon May 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Malion wrote:Here are some comparison shots between the new and old boba. Just for the heck of it.

New one looks pretty!

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Mon May 23, 2016 7:00 pm

treswright wrote:I've been avoiding this and other threads on this sub waiting for my and my son's boxes to arrive and they finally did :-) WOW. I mean WOW do I ever love these Pops!! ESPECIALLY Boba. I am dying to put some LEDs in him like I did with Iron Man (pic below). I need to get over the "exclusiveness" of him though, or maybe see if I can buy an extra :-)

GREAT IDEA! I got a plan for some sets and wonder about light up POP! push a button it lights up then push the button again light turns off I am thinking on his jetpack and base???

Return to “Powered by Funko”