Did Funko just give away another MAJOR Civil War spoiler in the MCC box?

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
dagobah_3

Did Funko just give away another MAJOR Civil War spoiler in the MCC box?

Postby dagobah_3 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:48 pm

***SPOILERS AHEAD****

Sorry, I have no idea how to post an image, but in the insert for the Civil War they say the box was originally supposed to contain a
Spoiler: show
Falcon as Captain America Pop! Which would lead one to believe that Steve dies

Why even include that on the insert when they know it comes out before the movie?
Am I the only one mad about this?

Indy Viper

Re: Did Funko just give away another MAJOR Civil War spoiler in the MCC box?

Postby Indy Viper » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:52 pm

I don't think that's necessarily a movie spoiler, people have been asking for that Pop since the design showed up on one of their t-shirts. I just took it as them realizing the Pop didn't fit the theme as well as they wanted it to and decided to go with something that's directly from the movie instead of a vague comic tie-in.
ImageImage

dagobah_3

Postby dagobah_3 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Indy Viper wrote:I don't think that's necessarily a movie spoiler, people have been asking for that Pop since the design showed up on one of their t-shirts. I just took it as them realizing the Pop didn't fit the theme as well as they wanted it to and decided to go with something that's directly from the movie instead of a vague comic tie-in.

Im hoping it's just a comic version, but I'm assuming this box is based solely off the movie.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Probably not. That version of that character is popular and highly requested, but like Indy said...didn't really fit. They probably pulled it and will find another avenue to release it.

That being said, what you posted in your spoiler tags could still happen and wouldn't surprise me if it did.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

dagobah_3

Postby dagobah_3 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:36 pm

TheLastDude wrote:Probably not. That version of that character is popular and highly requested, but like Indy said...didn't really fit. They probably pulled it and will find another avenue to release it.

That being said, what you posted in your spoiler tags could still happen and wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Hopefully that's the case. Wouldn't surprise me either, just wanted to go in with no speculations/rumors. Hoping that Pop does release one day though

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:30 pm

I'll tell you one thing about MCC lately. I'm bummed out about it. MCC spoilers:

Two boxes in a row now with Pops that most collectors already have, but ooooooh they're in a different pose! That's just lazy to me. I don't know what I want or expect from the exclusive Pops in these boxes, but I know it isn't this. How many Iron Mans and Captain Americas do we need? And Deadpools? This idea of releasing the same pops but with different poses is pushing me away from these boxes. I look forward to something new and exciting. Not to mention the previous box was just ANOTHER Groot and Rocket Raccoon as ornaments. Ugh.
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Wasn't that the story line in the comic book? At least that is what a friend told me who read the comic. To me, its nothing new if it was in the comics.
Calvin

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:35 pm

:-k I cant wait wait for mine! I got a shipping email today.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

big_pun_209

Postby big_pun_209 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:41 pm

lcarus83 wrote:I'll tell you one thing about MCC lately. I'm bummed out about it. MCC spoilers:

Two boxes in a row now with Pops that most collectors already have, but ooooooh they're in a different pose! That's just lazy to me. I don't know what I want or expect from the exclusive Pops in these boxes, but I know it isn't this. How many Iron Mans and Captain Americas do we need? And Deadpools? This idea of releasing the same pops but with different poses is pushing me away from these boxes. I look forward to something new and exciting. Not to mention the previous box was just ANOTHER Groot and Rocket Raccoon as ornaments. Ugh.

I actually don't mind more Deadpool and Ironman, there's still a few of those I wish I could get!! I wouldn't buy Capitan America, this would only be my second Capt. and both of them were free! Got the first one from the pop tard giveaway and now they just threw in another one with the Ironman box! lol :roflmao:
AKA: Rob
Image Image

Viva La Rev!!

dagobah_3

Postby dagobah_3 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:51 pm

gokou105 wrote:Wasn't that the story line in the comic book? At least that is what a friend told me who read the comic. To me, its nothing new if it was in the comics.

It was, but it was still unknown if it will be carried out in the movie

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:51 pm

In the comics the mantle actually went to Winter Soldier first...

Hoboelite

Postby Hoboelite » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:04 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:In the comics the mantle actually went to Winter Soldier first...

This.
I have heard the movie follows suit,without Steve dying though.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:07 pm

gokou105 wrote:Wasn't that the story line in the comic book? At least that is what a friend told me who read the comic. To me, its nothing new if it was in the comics.

As has been said, in the comics,
Sharon Carter/Agent 13 is brainwashed and shoots Steve and he has a letter delivered that says he wants Bucky/Winter Soldier to take over as Captain America in 2007. Then eventually they find out he wasn't actually killed, he's just has been phasing in and out of time and space and eventually comes back a few years later. Falcon doesn't take over as Cap until 2014.

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Im pretty sure it was going to be the one that Ben Butcher designed for the secret wars shirt, would definitely be sad to see Chris evans leave especially before Avengers 3
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:33 am

lcarus83 wrote:I'll tell you one thing about MCC lately. I'm bummed out about it. MCC spoilers:

Short response:
I love what I've gotten. I never got an old Ben Kenobi, because it looked ugly. I love the SB one. The Deadpool, it's just really cool. I held off on getting either Civil War Cap or Iron Man because they're bland, just another Cap/IM. I was gonna get the FYE two pack, at least that could look good on the shelf next to the Batman/Superman one. Then THIS BOX came along. And...well this is one of my favorites. I get your position on the matter, but I've been nothing less than ecstatic. Just my thoughts!
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

Davinci

Postby Davinci » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:45 pm

pop_jumper wrote:

Short response:
I love what I've gotten. I never got an old Ben Kenobi, because it looked ugly. I love the SB one. The Deadpool, it's just really cool. I held off on getting either Civil War Cap or Iron Man because they're bland, just another Cap/IM. I was gonna get the FYE two pack, at least that could look good on the shelf next to the Batman/Superman one. Then THIS BOX came along. And...well this is one of my favorites. I get your position on the matter, but I've been nothing less than ecstatic. Just my thoughts!

Here's my 2cent on the matter. It was a DP box so it would've been super out of norm if it wasn't a DP pop. It's a CW box and the two major keys are Cap and Iron man, so if it was a pop, it'd be mostly cap. We got lucky to get both! Not only that, they gave an iron man dorb as well. It would've just felt too weird to get someone else. A lot of people wanted spider man with the shield but i was not for it. With him not being in this box, he will probably get a General release.
With that being said, personally i'm not a fan of the pose pops. I pose my pops in a certain way (not in a straight line) grouped and every other so action pops don't really fit in. I try not to get variants of the same character but i knew it was a possibility buying this box and i think everyone should think that it can happen. I would've enjoyed damage variants over the action poses!

And i disagree on the laziness comment. How is it exactly "laziness"? It's a new mold so they had to work on the design, create new mold, etc. The CW line up has already been revealed and encompasses majority of the characters. Who could they possibly do that wasn't "lazy"? Something like unmasked Cap and Iron would've been lazy.

My opinion on the box is still positive. It's a great box for the value (biggest box yet? Most content)

LuckyStitch626

Postby LuckyStitch626 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:38 am

I have seen the movie and I won't spoil anything for you but I can tell you nothing in the box spoils the movie either unless you haven't seen any of the trailers. I think that was definitely intentional since it was being released before the movie.

Funko Collector

Postby Funko Collector » Mon May 02, 2016 6:43 am

I'm bummed

Return to “Powered by Funko”