Smugglers Bounty: JABBA's PALACE!

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
McScruffy

Re: Smugglers Bounty: JABBA's PALACE!

Postby McScruffy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:16 am

Thanks Doug and Scarlett. This is my 1st issue I have seen like this. I usually get the email that it is shipping and when i track it the next day all is good. I'll just keep my eyes on it and hope it arrives soon. I can't avoid the spoilers much longer!
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

RedPats

Postby RedPats » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:21 am

Glad I choose to pass on this box. This was actually the first SW box I haven't got and I don't regret it. Seems like a weaker box this month.
Hello, my name is Cody
Funko Collecting since 3/29/15
Instagram - funko.stoner
ImageImage

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:24 am

RedPats wrote:Glad I choose to pass on this box. This was actually the first SW box I haven't got and I don't regret it. Seems like a weaker box this month.

Well that doesn't give me the warm fuzzies...hopefully it arrives soon so I can judge but from what I'm hearing a lot of peeps let down...kind of like when Brady gave up the fight for appeal! Right Red?
Call me toDD

RedPats

Postby RedPats » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:28 am

McScruffy wrote:
RedPats wrote:Glad I choose to pass on this box. This was actually the first SW box I haven't got and I don't regret it. Seems like a weaker box this month.

Well that doesn't give me the warm fuzzies...hopefully it arrives soon so I can judge but from what I'm hearing a lot of peeps let down...kind of like when Brady gave up the fight for appeal! Right Red?

Right :(

The POP! is pretty cool but, all the other items seem kind of pointless and stuff most people won't have a use for.
Hello, my name is Cody
Funko Collecting since 3/29/15
Instagram - funko.stoner
ImageImage

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:02 am

I recently joined so this will be my first box.
Last edited by Alleycat on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Craig here......

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Actually, I like this box. I plan to wear the hat at SDCC starting tomorrow. It will be hot and I was going to wear a hat anyway. So, perfect timing and a quality hat. Also, the detail on R2D2 is over the top ... love it. This is the first plush for me, it's cool. Patch and pin are always high quality. Thanks Funko ... our family loves the Smugglers Bounty boxes.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Just got mine today and I love it, I'm glad there wasn't a comic and finally a non shirt clothing item that I love.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:24 pm

I am afraid my package may have been lost. I got my email with the tracking number on the 11th and there hasn't been any activity since that day. And, the USPS website says that the tracking number is not found. I emailed Smugglers Bounty, but I haven't received a reply back yet...
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:40 pm

BillyLouis wrote:I am afraid my package may have been lost. I got my email with the tracking number on the 11th and there hasn't been any activity since that day. And, the USPS website says that the tracking number is not found. I emailed Smugglers Bounty, but I haven't received a reply back yet...

I had the same issue but it just updated to processing in Secaucus today so hopefully yours will update too
Kristen

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:15 pm

jinxykat wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:I am afraid my package may have been lost. I got my email with the tracking number on the 11th and there hasn't been any activity since that day. And, the USPS website says that the tracking number is not found. I emailed Smugglers Bounty, but I haven't received a reply back yet...

I had the same issue but it just updated to processing in Secaucus today so hopefully yours will update too

I hope so as well, but there hasn't been any action yet.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

swind15

Postby swind15 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:45 pm

I'm glad they're skipping a shirt this month. I'm feeling "t-shirt overload" with all these boxes lol.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Our family is happy to absorb the SM and Marvel boxes and this was no exception. Something for everyone.
Got Pixie Dust?

jackiegeee

Postby jackiegeee » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Pretty disappointed, honestly. This was a theme I'd been hoping for and had high expectations. Especially bummed about the shirt, I had really been looking forward to what they were going to do with it in this box. Plus I generally just love Pop shirts. Oh well. Gonna have to think extra hard on whether or not to keep going with the next box. May have to reconsider the Marvel box as well. :(

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:40 am

jackiegeee wrote:Pretty disappointed, honestly. This was a theme I'd been hoping for and had high expectations. Gonna have to think extra hard on whether or not to keep going with the next box. May have to reconsider the Marvel box as well. :(

This seems to be a trending opinion. They need to step up their game
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nerl240

Postby Nerl240 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:33 am

I loved my box! I got home from work and got excited. I just enjoyed it all. Loved my pop and mug. The rest I can give away as a gift to my gf :bom:

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:01 pm

I got my tracking number nine days ago and it's just being processed at the DHL depot now? Does it really take long for a package from Hauppauge, New York to get to Secaucus, New Jersey? I really have to watch out for this getting spoiled, this may not get here for a few more days.

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:34 pm

I have the same experience with DHL. The package sits around for days at multiple points in the journey. DHL is slow, and the handoff to USPS adds to the delay. It can take up to a week and a half for my box to make a three hour drive.

But mine finally arrived and my family has voted it the best Star Wars box yet, and the best bang for your buck. There was something in it for everyone. These are all things we would have bought at Hot Topic, and it would have cost more than the box. So this was a good deal that made the kids all quite happy.

Vagabond

Postby Vagabond » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:15 pm

Got my box today. Of course the Pop box was trashed. I'm kind of getting sick of Funko now. "Oh your Pop box is smashed? Sorry, hehe." Mispelled "assassin" on the shirt of the last box. "Oh well, deal with it."

That's what we're paying for?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Speaking of misspellings, did anyone else notice they misspelt "Ahead" in the very beginning of the unboxing? lol The spelt it as "Aheaed"
Higher, Further, Faster

wardengorri

Postby wardengorri » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Got my box and honestly I liked it. Only complaint is that we may have " Collector Corps Villains" this month's box again in the sense of hyping it too much for ourselves. Props for Funko going outside the box again in a positive way at least in my opinion.
Hey guys, i'm Drew!

Celesdragon

Postby Celesdragon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:54 am

BillyLouis wrote:I got my tracking number nine days ago and it's just being processed at the DHL depot now? Does it really take long for a package from Hauppauge, New York to get to Secaucus, New Jersey? I really have to watch out for this getting spoiled, this may not get here for a few more days.

This. I'm still waiting on my box as it just updated yesterday as being in Secaucus. Yet my tracking still says it won't be delivered until the 25th, despite being local to Secaucus myself. That's two full weeks to go from point to point on what's would only take me a two hour drive if I went to the distro center on Long Island myself.

It's taken so long that I have already been accidentally spoiled by other people who got theirs and assumed I had by now.

stephencool2

Postby stephencool2 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:41 pm

Just opened my box, I absolutely love it. Refreshing to get some new stuff and the Pop! got me real pumped...the only thing I didn't like was the patch. Felt like they could have picked a more appropriate character for the theme! LOVE ME SOME STAR WARS...can't wait for Death Star!

Malion

Postby Malion » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:50 pm

I actually really liked this box. I needed a new hat and c-3p0 is one of my fave characters so its a great fit. The pop looks amazing. And my girlfriend just loves Boba so that's good. And the mug is just cool. Me and my gf filled it with milk and dipped some cookies in it.

I would have loved a max reebo pop too but in all I'm happy with all the items in the box.

DuoofDeath1

Postby DuoofDeath1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 am

to be honest, i saw my box was there on the floor yesterday when i got home from work and just felt so damn "meh" about it that i didn't even open it. I was more excited that i got a few summer convention and SDCC exclusives yesterday.

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Got mine yesterday, honestly I like the box but...

Spoiler: show
R2 did NOT appear In Jabba's Palace decked out like that! It was on his barge! Why is that the centerpiece of a "Jabba's Palace" theme? I don't get it! That said, wow it is very detailed. I love that the glasses are clear plastic and look like they're half full of liquid, really nicely done!! I do dig the hat even though I'm not big on wearing hats. The mug is OK. The plush, well I do have a dog.

And why oh why did they cram the plush at the end of the Pop? The bottom of my box is crushed because of it. I checked and the plush fits quite nicely tucked under the hat, very poor packaging decision on Funko's part when they know many collectors are picky about box condition.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:11 pm

I finally got my box, and I'm just not really a fan. It's not Guardians bad, but
I'll never wear that hat or was I in need of a plush, I'll hopefully trade the POP! and the mug is alright, I actually like that...

hughie1987

Postby hughie1987 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:25 pm

So I got mine today and the box looked like it was used as a soccer ball and had heavy boxes dropped onto it, my pop box is destroyed and Im an in box collector so what do I dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo >:(
My names Russell and I made my sig :)

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:55 pm

Got mine yesterday, I'm in love with that mug! Was really hoping for Max Rebo pops but I like the R2.... I just really hope the hats don't become a thing... I'm a 37 year old woman, I haven't wanted to wear a snapback since my t-ball days!
Kristen

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Got mine yesterday and I have to say I'm much happier with it than I thought I'd be! I mean after watching he unboxing I was still glad I got it, just bummed about the lack of Han in carbonite, but man is that R2D2 Pop awesome! Love it! I still am not a fan of the hat. Mug is cool but idk if I'll use. I'm feel the same about the plush as I do about mopeez so I'm cool with it. It's actually pretty cute! All in all still a good box that I'm happy I got.
Higher, Further, Faster

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:41 am

I finally got mine!!

I am the biggest R2 fan so this POP! was one of the coolest for me. Everything about it is great! I love the mug and my kid took the plush to put next to his pops. The hat is great but i just don't wear hats that much. That may find it's way to ebay or to a Funatic in a contest. Love the patch and pin too!
Call me toDD

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:49 pm

After opening mine up in person, I think I need to reiterate how much I love the choice of items in this box. I rarely look good in hats, but I love the feel and quality of this one. The plush is a fun alternative to Mopees, and the R2 Pop looks really neat in person.

Again, my complaint is more about how the characters represented didn't match the theme that I was paying for. I hope a Funko rep reads through this thread and takes that away from it, instead of "BUT WHY DIDN'T WE GET HAN IN CARBONITE UNSUB'D 5EVER!" Legitimately, I may end up hunting down some Pop Top Hats, but I would've enjoyed it a lot more if Max Reebo or the Rancor Owner or even Jabba himself was represented.

That's all, Funko. Really haha. The contents are awesome, please don't stop taking risks and making fun and surprising choices with these sub boxes. Just, y'know, make sure the characters inside represent the theme we're paying for.
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:57 pm

my box was finally delivered today. can't wait to get home and open it.

I really wish we could choose delivery options, DHL sucks.

Riniculous

Postby Riniculous » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:48 am

POPtor WHO wrote:my box was finally delivered today. can't wait to get home and open it.

I really wish we could choose delivery options, DHL sucks.

Couldn't agree more! Since this new shipping, it now takes nearly 2 weeks for me to get my box in. Super frustrating.

Also, just saying...

My hat doesn't fit my head :( I wish it was a shirt.
Image Image Image

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:28 am

Personally, I feel that the strongest box to date (Bounty Hunters) was followed by the weakest (this one). When there are literally dozens of unique and incredible looking characters to choose from in the menagerie that is Jabba's Palace, they chose to reshash a character for the Pop instead. No interest in the hat, even less in Pop home mugs. The Pop does look great, but really I was hoping for Max Rebo or Lando in Skiff Guard disguise.

Oh well, here's to hoping the Death Star Box gives us either a Pop of Wedge Antilles and or the Imperial Gunner!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:39 am

This was my first box for Smuggler's bounty and like others my pop box was crushed due to the plushie. I was kinda disappointed because they should have selected a different character. In hindsight I should have looked at the spoiler on YouTube and skipped this one and jumped on the next box. Don't get me wrong though, I feel like Smuggler's bounty is better than all the other funko subs.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

ReActionator

Postby ReActionator » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:37 pm

This was my first box. I Love RotJ and Jabba, and I love Funko, so I Had to get this. I'm kind of split on liking what's in it unfortunately but I will say everything in it is well made and you get your money's worth. My assumption was that the characters represented in the box would be more directly affiliated with or unique to Jabba's Palace and not include Trilogy characters that we could see anywhere anytime.

First, what I did like: The Jabba mug, pin and patch were great. They clearly represent Jabba's Palace. Yes we can get Leia in almost any box but the patch was Boushh so naturally that makes sense.

I'm on the fence about the Boba Fett plush. He could be considered more for Empire (I guess so could Carbonite Han then for that matter) but yes he was in the palace too and affiliated, we just see him so often. The plush is cute and well made, so it's cool. If the POP had be a different choice I'd be fine with this plush. I know a lot of people were hoping for Carbonite Han-something. I'm not any kind of fan of that myself but even I was hoping for it too.

The POP figure, I don't have any problem with R2 being from the Sail Barge rather than in the Palace, but I feel like this was a missed opportunity for a different character. R2 doesn't "represent" Jabba's Palace, which I thought was more going to be the spirit of the box, R2 just happens to be there and is a character that can be in SO many different sets. This can't be said for aliens of Jabba's Palace so why not use a character more specific to it. The details on the POP are very well done.

Lastly, the C-3PO hat, it had nothing to do with Jabba's Palace. The quote on the hat wasn't anything from the palace scene. It wasn't 3PO with green slime on him. Again it's a trilogy character who happened to be there, but this hat could really be part of almost any set. The hat is a really good quality though and I like the underside of the bill.

Edit: My box also took some time with shipping, but it did arrive last week.

XavierSoup

Postby XavierSoup » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:45 pm

I agree with everything said, I love the POP!, but for this specific box, I would've like something more specific to Jabba's Palace.

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:06 am

at some point the need a max rebo.

Return to “Powered by Funko”