Marvel Collector Corps August Box - Spider-Man

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
RoboFist

Re: Marvel Collector Corps August Box - Spider-Man

Postby RoboFist » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:05 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:There will be disappointed people no matter what they put in the box. If you don't want the risk of being disappointed then don't buy the boxes. I'm not trying to be mean, but it is a "mystery" for what is going to be included. Just my 2 cents.

Exactly this.

Here's the thing: Walgreens has been the go-to destination for Spidey Pops lately. They've already given us plenty of awesome villains (Venom, Green Goblin, Punisher), Hot Topic gave us Carnage, and Doc Ock was included in the newest Marvel wave. The Year One box gave us Hobgoblin, and the Villains box gave us Morbius (of course, remember when everyone was super p*** about Morbius too?). That's SEVEN Spider-Man villain Pops already, with no sign of slowing down! There's no doubt an entire new line of Walgreens exclusives right around the corner, just waiting to be announced. That's four new Spidey Pops right there: probably a variant Spidey outfit (Future Foundation, most likely), maybe even an "alternate" Spider-Man like Scarlet Spider or Spider-Ham, and then AT LEAST two more villains (Black Cat, Mysterio, Lizard...who knows?)

And, yes, I know, Walgreens sucks. But that's the collector game, folks. PopCultcha and Forbidden Planet exist. Ebay exists. So far, with patience and tenacity, I've managed to find every single Spider-Man Walgreens exclusive without much trouble at all, simply because I know that I need to put it the time and effort to find them. That's the name of the game, folks.

Is this a perfect Spider-Man box? No, of course not. But none of these boxes can possibly be perfect because we all get so excited making up our own contents beforehand. Like Casey Jones said, if you don't like the mystery, don't subscribe. That's all.

:-({|=
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:05 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:There will be disappointed people no matter what they put in the box. If you don't want the risk of being disappointed then don't buy the boxes. I'm not trying to be mean, but it is a "mystery" for what is going to be included. Just my 2 cents.

Exactly, I've un subbed from the MCC and LoC in the past months because I want to see how the rest of the year plays out and if any themes are announced that really grab me. With the great quality of the commons and store exclusives that Funkos been pumping out I feel that those are enough to satisfy me. Until of course they announce a superman themed box \:D/

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:42 pm

I tried...I really did...but I couldn't avoid the spoilers on youtube. While not blown away, I'm satisfied with this box. I'm ok that I ordered it and won't ub-sub for fear of getting something less with Doctor Strange, I can't wait for that one. I'll share my thoughts here, within the wonderful spoiler tags:

Spoiler: show
The Pop looks cool, and I'm still loving the action poses. Did I want a villain or ally, sure, but I'm ok with another Spidey!
The hat...while I prefer to wear my black baseball caps, I can see maybe wearing this once and awhile, but not often. I hope I can bend the brim because I HATE flat brims. I would have preferred a Pop shirt...but not the end of the world.
Comic, Pin and patch, always love these, would only be annoyed if they weren't included. Keep the pins coming!!
I like the Spidey Fabrikation, I'll probably give it to my 2 year old daughter, but it's still cool. I need her to like superheroes asap! :D

Overall I dig the box and can't wait to get mine. Now the long 2 month wait for the next one(which I hope I can afford so close to Christmas, ha)
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:53 pm

box is pretty okay. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or not. Spiderman is my all time favorite super hero next to carnage as my favorite villian so the theme was right up my alley.

Pop is cool.

Plush is okay.

Pin and patch always seems to be rad no matter what box.

But the hat....

The hat...ruins it for me as I have too many of them now from all these boxes.

I think this will be my last box based off the change of products lines and the last few boxes being bleh.
| Pop! Count: 1000+ :fdo91: No Longer Collecting |

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Dang it, I totally unsubscribed before this box and then jumped back on the day it closed. I definitely don't feel like it was worth the money paid for it, but it's what you get for taking a chance.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:26 pm

not sure how many people actually read or care about what other people think (clearly funko doesn't), but here's my thoughts...

patch & pin: literally zero interest in these. never wanted them, never cared for them, all of them have been almost immediately handed off to my son. he's gotten a nice set. but whatever.

comic: I collected comics as a child/teen, but I don't now. I usually read through the books once and then toss'em in a pile in my closet. again, whatever.

hat: so much controversy! but I agree with a lot of the criticism that's been said. I wear hats all the time, but not snapbacks. I'm not a child. fitted or nothing. however, I've worn every shirt these boxes send me. hats get put in the sell pile, and probably donated when nobody wants them.

fabrikation: I'm certainly not expecting two pops. I enjoy getting a sample of something else. the fabrikation is cool but I agree that it coulda been a non-classic costume. and again, like most things, it too goes to my son.

side note: pretty much the only 'other' items that I keep are the mugs. I actually love them! like a shirt, it's functional. not just more stuff to cram on a shelf.

pop: booooooooooooo!

on a personal level, I only do one of each character, and I don't need a new spidey. of course, I always suspected that we'd get one in this box. my expectations were WAY low.

but aside from that, as others have said, there was a LOT of potential here in both other characters or other costumes. instead, we got classic spidey repeated. and the pose isn't even very good. he's sticking against a wall that doesn't exist.

hard to imagine a box ever being worse than guardians, but this is pretty weak. no variety. little worthwhile.

I'm subscribed year-to-year because I generally have faith in funko. but I find myself more and more disappointed in their decisions here. if this continues, I will 100 percent be cancelling the yearly sub and deciding month-to-month or just picking up what I like on the secondary market.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Just watched the unboxing video. I passed on this box, but I think I'll pick it up later anyway. I mostly like what I saw.

The patch and pin are great, as always. And, they are different designs. Looking at you, Ant-man. :evil:
The fabrication is pretty cool and the Pop is nice, also.
The d***** snap-back hats need to be burned. I wear hats all the time, but not baseball caps, and certainly not faux-thug, flat-brimmed, snap-backs.
Sure, more variation in the costume would have been better, but they did a fine job with the box.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:49 pm

For those that were hoping for character variety, just hope for a Spider-Verse or Sinister 6 themed box. Remember this was a SPIDERMAN themed box.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:23 pm

I don't understand the argument that the box isn't worth the cost.
fabrications retail for $20 & pops retail for $13.

Have you ever had a different subscription box? Lootcrate, geekfuel, nerdblock, etc usually have one cool item and a bunch of filler. These funko boxes might have items you personally may not like, but it's all quality stuff. You obviously can't please everyone, but people are going overboard with their complaints. I haven't worn a baseball cap since middle school but I'm not gonna lose my s*** over a damn hat in a $50 box I paid $25 for.

NEGATRON

Postby NEGATRON » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:28 pm

I just want to chime in here in the hopes that Funko will see that not everyone hates the hats, I have way too many t-shirts as it is and it's nice to get something different once in a while. I realize that including a fitted hat for customers is not a viable option for them, as manufacturers are different and sizes can vary greatly depending on who makes them. No I'm not a "faux-thug" and I'm also not a "child", honestly I rarely see anyone wearing a curved bill cap anymore but that can be an easy fix (you can bend the bill!). I do think they are well made and enjoy getting them in the mystery box from time to time. I did skip this box so can't speak of the items inside.

Last edited by NEGATRON on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm Jeff Collecting since 2011 Pop Count: 1000+
Star Wars - Game of Thrones - Walking Dead - Horror - SciFi - Marvel - DC
Instagram: @negatroncustoms

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Soooo only fake thugs and kids wear snap back style hats??? lol

I went to snap back style hats because the produce way more comic themed hats in snap back styles than fitted, also like half the price of fitted hats.

Is Funko crazy for thinking that grown adults who ordered a spider man mystery box would want a spider man hat? lol I don't think so, but that's just my opinion.
2012 Rookie of the Year

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Awesome box. I dont know what up with the hat hate. I wear hats all the time. Most hats are pricey. Fitted baseball hats are all over $35. I am happy they are doing snapbacks. Fitted hats shrink (yes, even the Authentic non-shrink baseball hats) and the brim on stretch-fitted hats are annoying. Plus, snap backs are cheaper and multiple people with different sized heads can wear them.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:00 pm

The only problem I have with snapback hats is that they tend to break on my giant skull, but that is a me problem not a Funko problem.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:03 pm

I'm glad I ordered this box!

I like the patch and pin, and I love the pop! I only have 1 spiderman pop, so this was perfect for me! The only thing I don't really care for is the plush, I will probably trade it or something later. I don't know how I feel about the hat, I need to wait until I get it in my hands and can try it on lol But overall, I'm happy with this box!
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:09 pm

RoboFist wrote: I mean, honestly, when has MCC EVER given us two Pops in one box? I mean aside from the Civil War 2-pack, which people ALSO complained about!

Secret Wars box had two Pops.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:17 pm

emcee wrote:
RedPats wrote:
Action pose Spidey. Calling it now lol

Called it back it June :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

You pretty much had over 50% chance of being right

Why does everyone hate the Pop Tops???? And why is everyone complaining about "another." It was only one in a Smuggler's Bounty box. For lots of people this is their first one. I love it, this will just add to my endless collection.

As much as Cameron and Yoko think they look like bada**es in Pop tops, many people think they look silly in them. In fact, I think for most people they aren't upset about getting a hat, they're upset about getting a flat brimmed snap-back hat instead of a curved brim fitted hat.
Image Image Image Image

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:20 pm

Wait... Don't all hats come flat brimmed? Both my Mariners and Seahawks fitted hats came flat brimmed. I had to bend brim myself, in fact I have always had to bend my brims going back to little league days. Are these brims not able to bend? :-k
2012 Rookie of the Year

emcee

Postby emcee » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:22 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:As much as Cameron and Yoko think they look like bada**es in Pop tops, many people think they look silly in them. In fact, I think for most people they aren't upset about getting a hat, they're upset about getting a flat brimmed snap-back hat instead of a curved brim fitted hat.

Flat snapbacks are the new "thing"
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:Wait... Don't all hats come flat brimmed? Both my Mariners and Seahawks fitted hats came flat brimmed. I had to bend brim myself, in fact I have always had to bend my brims going back to little league days. Are these brims not able to bend? :-k

No…
Image Image Image Image

Princess

Postby Princess » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 pm

I'm happy!

They told me it was a spider-man box, and it's chock full of spider-man! I only ever expect one pop and I got that so yay. Sure, it would have been awesome if they did a different costume that we haven't seen yet, but I'm happy with him.I was always going to be happier with a spider man pop than any other character. Given this is a spider-man box, this is pretty much what I expected, so this is a great box for me. Although, I am a spider-man pop collector.....so I was predisposed to love this box as long as they stuck to the theme, which I think they did. I would have preferred a shirt by far, but the hat will go ok in my spider-man pop display, so all good there. At least I don't feel cheated by the hat instead of the shirt. The rest of the stuff is just filler to me anyway to be honest. I like seeing some of the different lines/products that I wouldn't pay money for so I'm never disappointed by it, and that all the filler is all Spider-Man is a huge bonus to me. Sorry to all those who were disappointed, but I'm happy happy happy (or I will be once I get it lol)
signature created by bathtub-tigers

NEGATRON

Postby NEGATRON » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Forgive me for straying a little off topic but I wouldn't exactly call flat-brim snapbacks a new thing, they have been around for quite some time. In fact most clothing companies (I work in the industry) have stopped making fitted-caps altogether as it is cheaper to make adjustables and also fits a wider variety of customers.

What has been the new "thing" or fad lately are curved bills or what the industry refers to as "Dad Hats" named that way because you are more likely to see them on older guys or "Dads". Inexplicably these are making a come-back in the industry although it seems like they are just popular because it's the hipster thing to do nowadays. I'll leave you with an example, this was sent to us just today by one of the clothing brands we order from..

michellepop
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby michellepop » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Spidey will be my first Fabrikations, super excited. As for the hat, I'm extremely loyal to one Captain America hat that I have. I practically don't take it off, EVER. My dad loves the Groot MCC hat, so I'll love suprising him with this spidey one. Overall, very cool box!!!

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Personally, I love this box! I love all things Spider-Man and the more Spider-Man products, the better for me!! I don't understand all the hate.

HEY FUNKO!! IF IT HELPS, I LOVE YOUR WORK AND ALL YOU DO!! EVEN THE FANDOMS AND LINES I DO NOT COLLECT ALL SEEM PRETTY COOL!! IF I HAD MORE MONEY I MIGHT EVEN COLLECT THOSE FANDOMS AND LINES!! KEEP DOING YOU!! IF IT AIN'T FUNKO, IT AIN'T FUN!!!
Jayson

ImageImageImage

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Honestly Funko is in a tough spot. A lot of people were very unhappy with the Year One Box so now they are probably going to be hating on Funko for awhile whether they do a good job or not. Personally I like this box and am excited to get it in :)
Higher, Further, Faster

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:48 pm

NEGATRON wrote:Forgive me for straying a little off topic but I wouldn't exactly call flat-brim snapbacks a new thing, they have been around for quite some time. In fact most clothing companies (I work in the industry) have stopped making fitted-caps altogether as it is cheaper to make adjustables and also fits a wider variety of customers.

What has been the new "thing" or fad lately are curved bills or what the industry refers to as "Dad Hats" named that way because you are more likely to see them on older guys or "Dads". Inexplicably these are making a come-back in the industry although it seems like they are just popular because it's the hipster thing to do nowadays. I'll leave you with an example, this was sent to us just today by one of the clothing brands we order from..

I'm
Sorry to keep this some what off topic. But I think it's HYSTERICAL that these are called dad hats. My husband is in his early 40s. Very early 40s. When we were in college in the mid to late 90s people painstakingly "broke" in their hats. So to me this always looks better than the flat brims. But if it's a hipster thing now I'll tell my husband he's cool again.

Getting back on topic, I think no matter what is in these sub boxes we have people who aren't happy. Isn't it part of the mystery? And the precieved tak one takes when you subscribe to a box without knowing what's inside? I know we can't change it but after all these years I still wish marvel pops didn't have bobbly heads! I know I know. The smallest violin... I still buy them.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:00 pm

Kitzka wrote:
NEGATRON wrote:Forgive me for straying a little off topic but I wouldn't exactly call flat-brim snapbacks a new thing, they have been around for quite some time. In fact most clothing companies (I work in the industry) have stopped making fitted-caps altogether as it is cheaper to make adjustables and also fits a wider variety of customers.

I'm
Sorry to keep this some what off topic. But I think it's HYSTERICAL that these are called dad hats. My husband is in his early 40s. Very early 40s. When we were in college in the mid to late 90s people painstakingly "broke" in their hats. So to me this always looks better than the flat brims. But if it's a hipster thing now I'll tell my husband he's cool again.

Getting back on topic, I think no matter what is in these sub boxes we have people who aren't happy. Isn't it part of the mystery? And the precieved tak one takes when you subscribe to a box without knowing what's inside? I know we can't change it but after all these years I still wish marvel pops didn't have bobbly heads! I know I know. The smallest violin... I still buy them.

Lara

Haha. I'm the opposite, I love the bobble and I wish all pops were bobbles.
Back to Hat Talk®, earlier someone said you can't bend the brim of the pop tops. I'm pretty sure any baseball cap can have the brim bent. All baseball caps I got as a kid were flat until I broke them in.

jackiegeee

Postby jackiegeee » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Glad I skipped this one. I think I'll leave my subscription off for a while.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:01 pm

I'm kind of confused by the thinking about hats and how they are childish or for teens and kids, especially the ones with snapbacks or bent brims. Of course my opinion is the flat brims look stupid, especially when they are crooked or sideways, I don't get it. I'm older now, or "dad" age, but I've been wearing hats, fitted and snapbacks since I was in middle school, but I think it's pretty rude to make comments about a man being childish for wearing them. Dad hats are pretty funny though...ugh.

Not a bad box though...not amazing, but not horrible...can't please all of the people all of the time of course, I just wish people weren't so nasty about everything when it doesn't please them. Grow up.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:16 pm

It was an okay box, its one of those things; you will never please everybody. Some of the boxes I have really liked got lots of hate other boxes that I gave most of the stuff away others raved about.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:39 pm

I'm okay with this box. I'm not thrilled with it, but I'm not enraged by it by any means either. I am sure I will enjoy it once it arrives.

I stand by my opinion that the hats are ridiculous looking despite being decent quality. I've never thought about it much until now or realized it was a thing, but where I live and work (in the south), our boys wear curved brimmed hats. The flatness of the hat isn't what's ridiculous to me though.

I feel like a hypocrite to say it because I'm all about a comic book shirt in my downtime, because my adult sized backpacks celebrate Harry Potter, Marvel, and Captain America, because I'm an adult who goes to work with a backpack, because I collect toys, because having a job and paying bills is the only real adult thing I do in life, etc. But seriously, even I couldn't take myself seriously in a Funko hat.

On the other hand, one of my best friends who is one of the most mature, real life adults I know despite him being a huge geek as well and a dad to two, would look great in these hats just like he does in his other ridiculous hats so I think my dislike for the hats is pretty personal. Sounds like someone just landed himself two new hats if he can fit the ol' noggin in them.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:53 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:Wait... Don't all hats come flat brimmed? Both my Mariners and Seahawks fitted hats came flat brimmed. I had to bend brim myself, in fact I have always had to bend my brims going back to little league days. Are these brims not able to bend? :-k

No…

:dontknow:
2012 Rookie of the Year

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

No…

:dontknow:

I hate to admit it after going on about how ridiculous I think they look, but the hat looks less ridiculous than the Marvel ones because of the colors and because you bent the brim. If I wore baseball caps, I'd probably wear that one.

Sonmi451

Postby Sonmi451 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:46 pm

I'm actually thrilled with this box.

Groot is currently my only Marvel Fabrikation, so now he can have a friend. And while I have the Civil War Spidey, I love both poses and I'm all for more Spider-Men with that smooth eye style instead of the slightly awkward colored-dot-in-the-middle look. Everything else is just a bonus.
Truth is singular. Its versions are mistruths.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:04 am

I'm so mad I didn't get this box. I loved pretty much all the items.

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:14 am

47 Brand Franchise hats for life.

Fitted, but with easy-to-understand sizes of S/M/L/XL/2XL/3XL. None of the head measurements. Funko can ask us a shirt size, but not a hat size?

Softer material without that awful stiffness that has to be worked out. Note the pre-bent brim. And it has a low crown as well, so you don’t look like a trucker, which is often the case with, say, the 59fifty cap. You people think you look cool, but you look like this.

Made from recycled plastic bottles, so it’s environmentally friendly!

But 47 Brand pretty much only deals in sports teams, especially with their Franchise caps. Slap a Spider-Man logo on one and it would instantly become my new go-to, everyday hat. A stiff snapback on the other hand isn’t getting any play on my head.

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:21 am

It's strange, but this debate about hats has been entertaining. Overall, it looks like a cool box, but not amazing.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:58 am

When Funko revealed the new line Pint Size Heroes, when I saw there was a Black Cat I got nervous about the possibility of a Pop of her winding up in this box. I considered re-subscribing at the last minute, but decided not to. I'm glad I didn't. This box was a major letdown.

I had a feeling they would put an action pose Pop of Spidey in the box, which was literally the least interesting possibility to me. I hate action poses. I don't want an action pose of a character who already has tons of Pops. I want a character who has never received a Pop before, or at the very least a new outfit. Sadly Funko decided to go the boring route.

I think they missed a huge opportunity not putting Spidey related characters in the box with Spidey. Spidey is one of my favorite characters, but I don't want a box that only includes items of one character. One of the most intriguing things about MCC is getting multiple characters represented in a box.

I love wearing hats, but only fitted hats with pre-bent brims. I refuse to wear a snapback or flat brim of any kind.

I'm surprised to see a Fabrikation. I would of been disappointed to get one. I don't feel like adding anything from that line to my collection.

The low quality of this box and recent boxes have really made me gun shy about ever starting up my subscription again, tbh. I don't care if a box has just one Pop or two. What I care about is if it's just one Pop that it ends up being something new and interesting. That was not the case with this box. It's sadly been one dud after another. I really hope Funko can somehow pull it together and make some good quality boxes again. They have before. I know they have it in them. There was a time when I couldn't wait to buy a box. Now I'm extremely hesitant to, even if the theme is perfect for me.

NEGATRON

Postby NEGATRON » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:50 am

DocRamon wrote:You people think you look cool, but you look like this.

I realize you like a certain style of hat but you are in a very vocal minority there and I'm guessing many more people would complain with a flex fit sports style cap, which is different than an actual fitted. You might look into putting the patch from the box on one of those style hats if you can find a blank one. I'll just leave it there :clown: I don't want to turn this thread into HatGate 2016.

emcee

Postby emcee » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:15 am

My bad I didn't mean to put the word "new" in there. But yeah snapbacks have been "THE" thing for a few years now. The New Era fitted caps just don't have that same appeal anymore, plus they are usually $10+ more than a snapback. That dad cap thing.... I haven't really noticed it yet, and I really wish it continues to be that way :D

I have got rid of my fitted hat collection, besides my Seahawks one, and the rest are snapbacks I've been collecting since 2012.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:08 am

Funko pretty much telegraphed that this box was going to have a spidey pop so I don't really understand the hate. I love the look of this pop compared to the old round eye spidey. Although a SnapBack is not ideal I don't mind having a few surprises in the box as long as there's a pop included. Gotta have some mystery once in a while instead of the same combinations.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

Return to “Powered by Funko”