September Legion of Collectors - Women of DC

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: September Legion of Collectors - Women of DC

Postby Battastic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:46 pm

We may all be thinking too close to our personal wants on this one lol
There has been a lot of Catwoman pics floating around some of the Funko social media. Really just showcasing previous incarnations of her presence in the different Funko lines.
I may be reading too much into it but Catwoman may be a top contender with Batwoman a close second.
I would love a Zatana, Big Barda, Cheetah, Killer Frost, or a Hawkgirl...but I just don't see it happening.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Battastic wrote:We may all be thinking too close to our personal wants on this one lol
There has been a lot of Catwoman pics floating around some of the Funko social media. Really just showcasing previous incarnations of her presence in the different Funko lines.
I may be reading too much into it but Catwoman may be a top contender with Batwoman a close second.
I would love a Zatana, Big Barda, Cheetah, Killer Frost, or a Hawkgirl...but I just don't see it happening.

Well, the Catwoman showcase on the LoC blog does say "Keep an eye out for more Catwoman coming your way soon!" But, they just tweeted that the Pop (presumably based on the pic) is a never-before-done character.

Edit: an earlier tweet confirmed it is the Pop that is a new character.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

SpartacusPtech

Postby SpartacusPtech » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:23 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:I'm sticking with Batwoman, but I'd love Hawkgirl. She'd go great with the recently announced Legends of Tomorrow Pops. But so soon after a DCTV box? Doubt it.

That would be cool. Either one. Although haven't they already said they are releasing a batwoman? Or is that batgirl that's coming out?

janos89

Postby janos89 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:48 pm

From the twitter it makes it seem like its going to be a new character that hasn't been a pop yet.
Hi I'm Johnny! and I'm a funko funatic!
Go Buckeyes!

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:27 am

oh man, if it is Zatanna Kai will go bonkers
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:02 pm

janos89 wrote:From the twitter it makes it seem like its going to be a new character that hasn't been a pop yet.

Based on that photo, I can only think of one thing. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMyyLou7zDY

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:08 pm

robertk328 wrote:
janos89 wrote:From the twitter it makes it seem like its going to be a new character that hasn't been a pop yet.

I didn't know what to expect when I clicked on the video but I am glad I did lol lol
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

janos89

Postby janos89 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:22 pm

skillawashere wrote:
robertk328 wrote:

I didn't know what to expect when I clicked on the video but I am glad I did lol lol

Yeah I had the same reaction lol
Hi I'm Johnny! and I'm a funko funatic!
Go Buckeyes!

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:43 am

skillawashere wrote:
robertk328 wrote:Based on that photo, I can only think of one thing. lol

The photo is careful not to give too much away ;-)

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:14 pm

"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Battastic wrote:Image

o.O
Notice it doesn't say the Pop has a retro twist.
Bombshell WW shirt, pin or comic cover?
Bombshell Rock Candy?!?

Gah!!!! Is it Friday yet??
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

DigsUT

Postby DigsUT » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:41 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:

o.O
Bombshell Rock Candy?!?

Pretty sure we wont be seeing any bombshell variants from Funko, since Cryptozoic has been putting out Bombshell vinyls. However, I could be wrong.
Collecting:

Star Wars.....thats all....nothing more...well....maybe some others.... :freddy2:

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:34 pm

DigsUT wrote:Pretty sure we wont be seeing any bombshell variants from Funko, since Cryptozoic has been putting out Bombshell vinyls. However, I could be wrong.

It's probably not the figure. If it's Bombshell anything, it'll probably be on the shirt or the pin/patch. It might be where the plane imagery is coming from.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:57 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:

o.O
Bombshell Rock Candy?!?

I was thinking more of Linda Carter Wonder Woman

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:57 pm

I'm so tempted to buy this. If an item was bombshell influenced that would be pretty awesome.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Battastic wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:

o.O
Bombshell Rock Candy?!?

I'll take it!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Spoiler: show
I wonder if it'll be Teen Titan Terra or a comic book version.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

MV6000

Postby MV6000 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:52 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:
Battastic wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:
o.O
Bombshell Rock Candy?!?

I'll take it!

The item in question has been leaked and photos of it are floating around on the web.

I think the item in question is ok I just wish it was a second POP figure instead of what we got.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:18 pm

MV6000 wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:
Battastic wrote:I was thinking more of Linda Carter Wonder Woman

I'll take it!

The item in question has been leaked and photos of it are floating around on the web.

I think the item in question is ok I just wish it was a second POP figure instead of what we got.

Well, that's kinda cool, and not totally unexpected. Someone earlier guessed it. Her pose appears to be better than Harley's from last box also, so there's that.

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:35 am

TheBoilerman wrote:
MV6000 wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:
I'll take it!

Well, that's kinda cool, and not totally unexpected. Someone earlier guessed it. Her pose appears to be better than Harley's from last box also, so there's that.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I've been really happy with every sub box so far, but I have really high hopes for this one. I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see that item in person.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:17 am

I love all that is bombshell so I think that would be awesome!
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:31 am

StarWarner wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:
MV6000 wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I've been really happy with every sub box so far, but I have really high hopes for this one. I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see that item in person.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a cool piece...just not what I was hoping for. I didn't really care for the two in the last box, but this is a little better than those. Thinking this way also makes it hard to believe that this piece holds the retail value Funko will say its worth when creating this box into the price point that we are guaranteed.
I would have been happier with a Rock Candy or Vinyl Vixen, a Dorbz or a mini, maybe even a few of the new Pint Sized Heroes. Really anything Funko already makes on a larger scale that I actually collect.
I understand they cannot please everyone and I see the benefit of trying new things with the boxes before trying on a larger scale (from a business standpoint). It just seems they are pushing this type of line even after their previous line kind of died. The legacy line was a way better line and I would love to land those but I understand Mattel has that license.
I have purchased mystery boxes from Lootcrate and others, so I know you would not love everything in the box. I guess my biggest problem is that I assumed if the mystery box came directly from a company that I already invest in and purchase multiple lines from...the box would be a lot more tolerable. Even the worst pieces would actually be cool to have.
And that is what I get for assuming :(

DigsUT

Postby DigsUT » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:11 am

MV6000 wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:
Battastic wrote:I was thinking more of Linda Carter Wonder Woman

I'll take it!

As a child of the 80's, the second item is quite awesome. I for one am glad I forgot to close my subscription as I am happy to get what I saw.
Collecting:

Star Wars.....thats all....nothing more...well....maybe some others.... :freddy2:

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:51 pm

Battastic wrote:
StarWarner wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:

Don't get me wrong I think it's a cool piece...just not what I was hoping for. I didn't really care for the two in the last box, but this is a little better than those. Thinking this way also makes it hard to believe that this piece holds the retail value Funko will say its worth when creating this box into the price point that we are guaranteed.
I would have been happier with a Rock Candy or Vinyl Vixen, a Dorbz or a mini, maybe even a few of the new Pint Sized Heroes. Really anything Funko already makes on a larger scale that I actually collect.
I understand they cannot please everyone and I see the benefit of trying new things with the boxes before trying on a larger scale (from a business standpoint). It just seems they are pushing this type of line even after their previous line kind of died. The legacy line was a way better line and I would love to land those but I understand Mattel has that license.
I have purchased mystery boxes from Lootcrate and others, so I know you would not love everything in the box. I guess my biggest problem is that I assumed if the mystery box came directly from a company that I already invest in and purchase multiple lines from...the box would be a lot more tolerable. Even the worst pieces would actually be cool to have.
And that is what I get for assuming :(

What you have written is a well-thought out argument. So many subscribers automatically yell, "I DON'T LIKE IT!" and never give a reason or really think it through. I agree with you about pleasing everyone, that can't happen. I canceled my subscriptions to other boxes and only kept my Funko subscriptions because I felt like I had a better chance of getting items I wanted every month. So far, I have not been disappointed. I don't think I will be disappointed in the Women of DC box, but there are so many great characters and so many amazing things they could do with that theme, I'm just hoping I haven't built it up too much. I have also been hoping for Rock Candy, Dorbz, or Pint Size Heroes in this box. I've only seen the spoiler for one item, so I'm going to wait to see what's in the box, and that item IRL, to make my full judgment.
ImageImage

ISO:
Maleficent Protos

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:35 pm

Now I really feel like I'm the only one that has absolutely no idea what is in this box!
Hi, I'm Merri!

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:31 pm

synergy56 wrote:Now I really feel like I'm the only one that has absolutely no idea what is in this box!

You can look on Reddit if you want to be spoiled.

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:07 pm

The hint to the Pop they gave on their Facebook.

Checkmate.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:46 pm

synergy56 wrote:Now I really feel like I'm the only one that has absolutely no idea what is in this box!

Same! lol lol lol
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:01 pm

SoulSnipers53 wrote:The hint to the Pop they gave on their Facebook.

That's an eye with a mask. This box will have a Pop with eyes and a mask. I figured it out.
ImageImage

ISO:
Maleficent Protos

The Junior is I

Postby The Junior is I » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:25 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:

Same! lol lol lol

*looks both ways* You didn't hear it from me...
https://imgur.com/a/5FSRC#rpS7fw9
WHY!!!!

Please help me find the Robocop Pop!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:27 pm

Ooooooh...should I look? Should I try to be surprised? Decisions, decisions!!
Hi, I'm Merri!

MV6000

Postby MV6000 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:36 pm

SoulSnipers53 wrote:The hint to the Pop they gave on their Facebook.

I heard rumors floating around that it is Hawkgirl I just hope it's the Legend of Tomorrow version of her.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Yeah sorry but that sucks. lol lol Can't sugarcoat that one.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:09 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:
MV6000 wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:
I'll take it!

where can I find these spoilers?
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

XavierSoup

Postby XavierSoup » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:10 pm

I'm just hoping there is a shirt in this box and not a hat [-o< [-o<

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Someone should make a banner that states "if it's a hat, then we riot" lol lol

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:08 pm

MV6000 wrote:
I heard rumors floating around that it is Hawkgirl I just hope it's the Legend of Tomorrow version of her.

I don't think this is going to be the LOT version and I'm happy it's not. I want to be able to get her without having to spend more than $25-$30 for her like I'm gonna have to end up doing with Enchantress. I'd rather it be the comic book version. All that said, I like the secondary item. Won't be able to afford this box like I thought, but I think I'll be able to get it for a good price since most people seem to adamantly hate it.

Jason1224

Postby Jason1224 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:42 pm

Personally I think the second item is pretty cool, my sons gonna love it. Can't wait to see the rest of the box, fingers crossed for no hat and an awesome pop!

randig

Postby randig » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:47 am

I personally like it.
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:46 am

Having high hopes for this box. the 'spoiler' item would be great for my daughter, a pop for myself, and hopefully a shirt for my wife. So this box may have something for all of us
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

Return to “Powered by Funko”