MCC year 1 super box.

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
jeffcrazy

Re: MCC year 1 super box.

Postby jeffcrazy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:23 am

I bought this as soon as I could and vigorously defended it to naysayers. "There's no way in h-e-double-hockeysticks that Funko would ask for that much money and give us a hikari" I said. "They know their fans area all about POPs" I said. "If there's a hikari in there I'll eat it" I said.

I guess I have to delete my account on those forums LOL

At least Funko has saved me some money as I'm out of their subscription box game for good. I might buy some after the fact if I'm able to, but I'm never getting another blind box after this $100+ debacle. I did see the spoilers and knew it was coming, so at least I listed my Hobgoblin Pop on eBay early enough to basically pay for the box. Unfortunately I had to give up the only thing in the box I like.

NESSNODDER
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby NESSNODDER » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:09 am

THAT CAP LOOKS GOOD TO ME.
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:32 am

Squird wrote:I watched the unboxing live and knew there'd be a she-it storm over the Hikari. Thank you FB for delivering on that one.

The box is 'okay', not great. Someone said the price point should have been lower and I agree now that I have mine in my hands. Rating the pieces overall...

Hobgoblin - Nice. Was a pretty cool Glow Glitter Green Goblin variant.
Cap Hikari - Nice. The Cap should have been more red, white and blue with little stars instead of glitter in the plastic. Or maybe they should have skipped Hikari altogether and released Cap in the new Wobbler format. Folks would have been jazzed for that.
Ant-Man Dorbz - PERFECTION. He was meant to be a Dorbz.
She-Hulk Dorbz - Nice. Dorbz bodies do not do Jen (or women in general) any favors. It looks okay. It could have been better.
Hat - Nice, but not for me. I look like a wanna-be skateboarder, or worse, a washed up skater who can't stay on his board. I need something I can golf in.

I think a much better mix would have been 2, possibly 3, pop figures, two dorbz, a Cap Wobbler, a t-shirt and the hat. If they were trying to play off the first year of the box, an XL Hulkbuster Dorbz would have rocked!

Thankfully, no Pop Home items so it's all good. I desperately want to get rid of the mugs that I have but I might end up donating them to a blind man to sell pencils from.

Got to bold what your said about the hat. Them putting that into the box actually makes me reconsider even buying the normal boxes now. Only reason I buy the month boxes are for the pop and shirt, but im ok with that. Take the shirt out, now I rather just wait for the pop to get around $20 range on ebay and buy then. I mean just about everybody can use a shirt but I bet over 50% of people don't use hats... I havnt put a hat on in prob 10 years and don't plan on it anytime soon.

Skittles

Postby Skittles » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:52 am

I was really, really excited about this box. The description of the box made it seem as if the contents of the box would be amazing.

I'm so bitterly disappointed now that I have learned what the box contains. I feel so ripped off. I liked the contents of all of the regular $25 subscription boxes more than this so-called "super" box. Where is the $125 of value in this box? This box was nothing more than a cash grab. Funko had leftover products sitting around and decided to throw them together in this "super box" in order to offload them.

I e-mailed Funko to try to cancel my order, but I fear it is already too late, as I have received tracking information for the box. Regardless, I'm going to be cancelling all of my subscription box accounts due to this. I'm never going to be able to trust Funko again after this "super" box. I can no longer justify blindly spending money on these subscription boxes. I was already upset that Funko deems it acceptable to send you Pop figures in boxes that are crushed - and refuses to replace them "because they are meant to be removed from the box." So, this is the last straw for me. I'm not giving Funko any of my money for these subscription boxes ever again.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:53 am

Skittles wrote:I e-mailed Funko to try to cancel my order, but I fear it is already too late, as I have received tracking information for the box. Regardless, I'm going to be cancelling all of my subscription box accounts due to this. I'm never going to be able to trust Funko again after this "super" box. I can no longer justify blindly spending money on these subscription boxes. I was already upset that Funko deems it acceptable to send you Pop figures in boxes that are crushed - and refuses to replace them "because they are meant to be removed from the box." So, this is the last straw for me. I'm not giving Funko any of my money for these subscription boxes ever again.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, sorry. :-/ I also emailed them but it was last week right when they did the unboxing. I was told that my box was on a crate ready to be shipped, there was nothing they could do, and no refunds.
Higher, Further, Faster

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:02 am

I'm really digging the Dorbz in this box! If there are any non-Dorbz collectors who got this give me a shout :)
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm a spiderman collector so this is a must have for me since it has one of his main villains in it. I could have done without the Hikari though. That alone drove up the price of the box. If they took that out and made it a $40 box that would have been perfect. That being said, if anyone wants to buy or trade for my Captain America Hikari hit me up.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Back from SDCC and grabbed all of my mail - was very happy to see this box and my Smugglers Bounty box among all of my boxes. I opened both last night and loved both!! I am actually not a huge Cap collecting fan but I really like the look of this Hikari.

I feel the fact that the box had a POP, Dorbz and a Hikari represented Funko lines which I liked a lot. It's a bummer some people were pretty disappointed but I am pretty sure Funko has now learned they simply cannot make everyone happy all of the time.
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:22 pm

a99kitten wrote:Back from SDCC and grabbed all of my mail - was very happy to see this box and my Smugglers Bounty box among all of my boxes. I opened both last night and loved both!! I am actually not a huge Cap collecting fan but I really like the look of this Hikari.

I feel the fact that the box had a POP, Dorbz and a Hikari represented Funko lines which I liked a lot. It's a bummer most people were pretty disappointed but I am pretty sure Funko has now learned they simply cannot make everyone happy all of the time.

I like waterworld with kevin costner but I realize how the masses were justified in hating the movie and its subsequent bombing. Its possible to like something but still be objective when seeing how the majority of people are responding to it.

Coutstevo

Postby Coutstevo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:14 pm

I just received my box today and the Hikari box has some damage to it, anyone think I could just return the Hikari to Funko for the full retail cost? [-o< I'll even pay for the shipping.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Everyone is saying majority hates it, but i don't get that vibe at all from the actual unboxing and posts. I have seen some comments about hikari, but not overwhelming with hate.

I saw people in comments mad they missed out even lol
2012 Rookie of the Year

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:Everyone is saying majority hates it, but i don't get that vibe at all from the actual unboxing and posts. I have seen some comments about hikari, but not overwhelming with hate.

I've watched all the unboxings I could find on YouTube and only one that I saw thought the box was worth the money. A couple liked the Hikari, a couple didn't. But regardless they seem to agree the value is not there. I think that's the main reason people are unhappy.
Higher, Further, Faster

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:44 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:Everyone is saying majority hates it, but i don't get that vibe at all from the actual unboxing and posts. I have seen some comments about hikari, but not overwhelming with hate.

I've watched all the unboxings I could find on YouTube and only one that I saw thought the box was worth the money. A couple liked the Hikari, a couple didn't. But regardless they seem to agree the value is not there. I think that's the main reason people are unhappy.

Exactly, I'll say it again you could get 4 boxes for the price of this one. Compare the amount of items and which option would you rather have.

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:46 pm

I'd would have been happy with 4 pops.

popninja

Postby popninja » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:47 pm

A hikari that's not why anyone signed up. I think that's a sneaky way to get everyone to buy the hikari.

doao

Postby doao » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:17 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:

Exactly, I'll say it again you could get 4 boxes for the price of this one. Compare the amount of items and which option would you rather have.

Pick any 4 MCC boxes that were released in the past and that is far superior than this "super" box. This is the first time I've truly been upset with Funko. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Sjhova1

Postby Sjhova1 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:48 am

Hobgoblin!

DigsUT

Postby DigsUT » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Personally, I thought the Year One box was fine. Would it have been better with 2-3 POPs and a T-Shirt, sure. Seems like Funko wanted to include pieces from multiple lines, including a brand new one. If you did not like the box, you are justified in your opinion. However, there are others who were happy to get the Hobgoblin or the Hakari or the Dorbz. Just because you feel that everyone wants POPs, does not make that statement true. Sure, POPs are the flagship line, but Funko is about diversity in there products and I really dig that about them.
Collecting:

Star Wars.....thats all....nothing more...well....maybe some others.... :freddy2:

slimpicks

Postby slimpicks » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:02 pm

For a one year celebration box I thought it was going to blow people away but it was just meeh especially for that price point of 125 . Didn't do anything to really get pumped for year two. But that's my personal opinon
Charles aka slimpicks
instagram: Funko_slimpicks
ImageImage
Funko Fundays - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright night - 2016
Funko HQ grand opening - 2017
Funko "Making Fun - The Story of Funko" - 2018
Funko HQ Hollywood - 2019
Funkon Hollywood 2021
FDO San Diego 2023

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:28 pm

First off I liked but did not love the box. I actually don't mind the Hakari it's pretty cool. For $125 not even close to good value. Even ONE more pop and I would have been happy. I am in the meh group. Not angry but not overwhelmed with joy. I doubt I'd pony up another $125 for a different box.
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:25 pm

Has anyone who ordered gotten their box yet, I've got an estimate of august 3rd right now. They really need to get rid of dhl they're the Corky of the shipping industry.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Did anyone open the Hikari yet? What numbers are there? Maybe we can find the LE out by that.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:40 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:Has anyone who ordered gotten their box yet, I've got an estimate of august 3rd right now. They really need to get rid of dhl they're the Corky of the shipping industry.

I don't even have an estimate yet, but yeah their shipping is painfully slow.

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Squird wrote:Hat - Nice, but not for me. I look like a wanna-be skateboarder, or worse, a washed up skater who can't stay on his board. I need something I can golf in.

I put the hat on and showed my girlfriend and she said something along the lines of "if you ever put that on again I will pretend I don't know you" lol The Funko hat style is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've seen. The huge flat bill and bulbous crown are just silly, I can't imagine that looking cool, or even marginally acceptable, on anyone. And that's a shame because the quality of the hats is really fantastic. The patches, embroidery, stitching and even the logos on the inner band all look exceptional. But the style is a 100% fail.

ShockWaveZ55 wrote: I doubt I'd pony up another $125 for a different box.

I probably will for the SW box, because Funko is bound to hear the feedback on this one and make adjustments for that one. I have a feeling the SW box is going to be one that many people don't buy because of this experience, and then will be kicking themselves afterwards. Either that or I'll be the fool that bought two way-overvalued high dollar boxes in a row lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:01 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:Has anyone who ordered gotten their box yet, I've got an estimate of august 3rd right now. They really need to get rid of dhl they're the Corky of the shipping industry.

I have mine. Apparently Hobgoblin is worth 150 bucks?
Funklub: 11181

mustangkelly17

Postby mustangkelly17 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Valde wrote:Did anyone open the Hikari yet? What numbers are there? Maybe we can find the LE out by that.

I thought in the unboxing video they said none of them have numbers. I have the shipping soon email, but tracking info shows nothing yet

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:17 pm

mustangkelly17 wrote:
Valde wrote:Did anyone open the Hikari yet? What numbers are there? Maybe we can find the LE out by that.

I thought in the unboxing video they said none of them have numbers. I have the shipping soon email, but tracking info shows nothing yet

The hikari has no edition size either on the box or on the card inside, I doubt we'll find out an edition size.

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:21 pm

This response regarding its resell value is troubling.

Last edited by allhermight on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:22 pm

mustangkelly17 wrote:

The card just say "limited edition" where the XX of XXX would normally be.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:27 pm

allhermight wrote:This response regarding its resell value is troubling.

That is troubling. I got a response from them similar to that.
Higher, Further, Faster

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:48 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:
allhermight wrote:This response regarding its resell value is troubling.

That is troubling. I got a response from them similar to that.

Wow, is all I have to say to that response. " Oh you didn't like the box just go flip it"

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:53 pm

People were going to flip the box regardless, they just can't flip it for as much now.
ImageImageImage

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:01 pm

I was basically told "We can't make everyone happy". Which I get and is true but their response really didn't address my email at all. I feel like it was kinda disregarded.
Higher, Further, Faster

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:15 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:I was basically told "We can't make everyone happy". Which I get and is true but their response really didn't address my email at all. I feel like it was kinda disregarded.

Not to discard your problem but it's not customer services job to do something about the fact that people don't like what's inside a mystery box. People want to cancel because they saw a spoiler, again not their problem. Customer support is for credit card problems, not being able to login, stuff like that. Based on the amount of people that are unhappy they would need to carefully curate a response for hundreds if not a thousand plus emails for this problem alone. I fee like they will learn from this and cater to the masses like we saw from last years SDCC and this years, no Hikari and no Reaction. Everyone complaining has lost this one but will win in the long run.
ImageImageImage

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Valde wrote:Not to discard your problem but it's not customer services job to do something about the fact that people don't like what's inside a mystery box. People want to cancel because they saw a spoiler, again not their problem. Customer support is for credit card problems, not being able to login, stuff like that. Based on the amount of people that are unhappy they would need to carefully curate a response for hundreds if not a thousand plus emails for this problem alone. I fee like they will learn from this and cater to the masses like we saw from last years SDCC and this years, no Hikari and no Reaction. Everyone complaining has lost this one but will win in the long run.

Well if they had a separate email listed for where emails like mine should be sent then I would have used that, but they don't. And I'm sure they have received many emails regarding people being unhappy. But that doesn't mean its okay to send out an over simplified mass response. I mean it when I say that the email I got from them really didn't address my email at all. I had a few questions that didn't get answered either. I understand that in the scheme of things taking the time thoughtfully answer people may not make sense and takes up a bit of time that they probably don't have. I really do get that. Doesn't make me feel any better about what I was told though.
Higher, Further, Faster

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:47 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:
Valde wrote:Not to discard your problem but it's not customer services job to do something about the fact that people don't like what's inside a mystery box. People want to cancel because they saw a spoiler, again not their problem. Customer support is for credit card problems, not being able to login, stuff like that. Based on the amount of people that are unhappy they would need to carefully curate a response for hundreds if not a thousand plus emails for this problem alone. I fee like they will learn from this and cater to the masses like we saw from last years SDCC and this years, no Hikari and no Reaction. Everyone complaining has lost this one but will win in the long run.

Well if they had a separate email listed for where emails like mine should be sent then I would have used that, but they don't. And I'm sure they have received many emails regarding people being unhappy. But that doesn't mean its okay to send out an over simplified mass response. I mean it when I say that the email I got from them really didn't address my email at all. I had a few questions that didn't get answered either. I understand that in the scheme of things taking the time thoughtfully answer people may not make sense and takes up a bit of time that they probably don't have. I really do get that. Doesn't make me feel any better about what I was told though.

The thing I do not like is that this sets a bad precedent for the future, anytime there may be a negative complaint, "Oh you don't like the contents, well its selling for XX.XX amount on ebay so you must be wrong"

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 pm

The only bad precedent that's being is the fact that artists are having their integrity challenged because a box doesn't have enough Pops inside of it. I understand a majority of people don't like Hikari but I'd they chose to put it inside the box that's no different than disliking some songs on your favorite bands album. I know you didn't spend $125 on a music album but as a mystery you shouldn't be upset with Funko.
ImageImageImage

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:26 pm

Valde wrote:The only bad precedent that's being is the fact that artists are having their integrity challenged because a box doesn't have enough Pops inside of it. I understand a majority of people don't like Hikari but I'd they chose to put it inside the box that's no different than disliking some songs on your favorite bands album. I know you didn't spend $125 on a music album but as a mystery you shouldn't be upset with Funko.

How is it challenging an artists integrity? And honestly I don't have a problem with that even if that is the case, in the past when I've ate at higher end restaurants and been let down by the quality of the meal in relation to the price you better believe I made it known (granted in a polite way) but I still pointed it out to the waiter and maitre d.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:29 pm

And if anyone does come across an unboxing that comes off as enthusiastic and overly positive (aside from the funko one) please shoot me a pm because I haven't been able to find one. Seriously it would make me feel a little bit better about the box seeing someone else get enjoyment out of it.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Valde wrote:The only bad precedent that's being is the fact that artists are having their integrity challenged because a box doesn't have enough Pops inside of it. I understand a majority of people don't like Hikari but I'd they chose to put it inside the box that's no different than disliking some songs on your favorite bands album. I know you didn't spend $125 on a music album but as a mystery you shouldn't be upset with Funko.

One big difference is that they release what songs will be on the album so you can make an educated decision on whether or not you want that album. Now I get they are selling mystery boxes so that completely defeats the purpose but someone in this thread mentioned them saying something like "We are very excited to release our Super Box which contains a Hikari for the first time ever!" The actual character and color scheme still would have been a mystery and then at least we could have made a more informed decision.

The price is what I'm upset about. Not the actual contents. I don't think what is inside is worth that $125 at all. So yeah I would have liked more Pops but thats only to justify the price. Had the box been around $80 and had the exact same contents I would still be bummed yes but I wouldn't feel cheated. And I wouldn't have emailed Collector Corps.

I feel bad for the artists and the way they are getting attacked because they have to proud of what the created as they should be. But people still have the right to speak their mind, and every artist is gonna receive some kind of criticism.
Higher, Further, Faster

Return to “Powered by Funko”