MCC year 1 super box.

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
perfectflaw00

Re: MCC year 1 super box.

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:12 am

allhermight wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:Not sure if you are being serious. Why would they knowlingly want to make people upset with the contents?

I just looked up recent sales on eBay, preorders for the Dorbz are 27.00, pop 119, whole boxes are 225.

Seems like some people do want the box. Love it or hating people want the contents.

I am super happy with contents. Was it a little spendy? Sure, but better can't say I don't get the value out of the box.

I don't think they are knowingly looking to upset customers. Someone, somewhere within the company is super stoked on this box. Just like there are customers who are stoked on it.

But just because someone is paying $27 on a Dorbz or $119 on a Pop! on eBay doesn't make them remotely worth that.

Exactly and while some people may enjoy this box you'd have to be in some serious denial to not see that the overwhelming majority of people are extremely disappointed in this box.

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:17 am

Gonna agree with ScarletFunko here

They really had to know that the Hikari was a bad choice, even more so after deciding to only include 1 POP. Most people that collect the boxes and I think Funko customers in general go for POPs more than anything else. It's worse when a collector pays 5x the price and still only receives one POP. So are we to expect the Hikari makes it's value, I don't think so, because factually it doesn't.

Not to mention the Hikari is not pleasant to look at, just my opinion of course, but I agree, most people are just not happy with this box. It is by popular opinion, disappointing
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Normally I try to avoid spoilers but after reading all the hating I figured I'd go ahead and view the contents rather than wait for it to get here and be hugely disappointed. It was actually a relief to see what's in it, it looks pretty cool to me. Now if I had known that's what the contents were I would not have bought it, but still, it's cool stuff and I don't mind having it. I think Funko's biggest mistake on this box was that they hyped it up too much- made it sound like it was super limited and very valuable. It turned out to be neither of course. We're basically paying retail price for everything in it. It's definitely not a case of double-your-money value in this box. Honestly I bought the box just in case it had a Pop Ride or something wet-your-pants cool in it. It was a gamble and it didn't pay off. But it's not a disappointment, just not as "WOW" as I had hoped it would be.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:32 pm

treswright wrote:Normally I try to avoid spoilers but after reading all the hating I figured I'd go ahead and view the contents rather than wait for it to get here and be hugely disappointed. It was actually a relief to see what's in it, it looks pretty cool to me. Now if I had known that's what the contents were I would not have bought it, but still, it's cool stuff and I don't mind having it. I think Funko's biggest mistake on this box was that they hyped it up too much- made it sound like it was super limited and very valuable. It turned out to be neither of course. We're basically paying retail price for everything in it. It's definitely not a case of double-your-money value in this box. Honestly I bought the box just in case it had a Pop Ride or something wet-your-pants cool in it. It was a gamble and it didn't pay off. But it's not a disappointment, just not as "WOW" as I had hoped it would be.

Good points on the "actual value" of the box. Normally, we buy a "50$ box for 25$", right? So, to math this one out with basic retail prices, we get:

10$ dorbz
10$ dorbz
10$ Pop
10$ patch and pin set (conservatively)
20$ hat
leaving 65$ for the Hikari. Really?!?
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:54 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:Good points on the "actual value" of the box. Normally, we buy a "50$ box for 25$", right? So, to math this one out with basic retail prices, we get:

10$ dorbz
10$ dorbz
10$ Pop
10$ patch and pin set (conservatively)
20$ hat
leaving 65$ for the Hikari. Really?!?

Exactly, and not many people pay retail price for a Hikari (I know some do, but not many). They're usually more like 30 bucks on clearance before they sell. You could argue that the Pop is worth a lot more than 10 bucks because it is selling for a lot on eBay right now and that the box value is driven by that. But I was really expecting the box to be more of a "reward" like they made it sound and there is NO WAY Funko could POSSIBLY think the average Pop collector is going to be wowed by a Hikari.

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:46 pm

darthfabul0us wrote:Wow, what a waste. This is so disappointing and such a huge miscalculation by Funko. Can't imagine demand being high for this if they ever do it again after such a weak offering.

I agree for $125 plus shipping(for some) this was a huge let down. They failed to deliver something epic let alone highlight the deadpool box & Secret War boxes (which were part of year one). Instead they opted for a Woman of power item (year two) which i would have been all for if it were a new POP!. I wish Funko would also stop forcing dorbz down our throats in these boxes. I feel its a cop out in delivering a new POP! mold. Marvel should take the DC route and try new things with the subscription items and stop making every comic varient popified.

Just my thoughts.
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Didnt buy this box but i really want that hob goblin... dont care if its a repaint...going for about $125 on ebay... Just shows that nobody gives a rats... about the rest of the box.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Quazimoto wrote:Just want to say that if anyone who's getting the MCC Year 1 Box doesn't want the...
Spoiler: show
AntMan Dorbz

...I'd totally give him a good home. Been hoping for one for a long while (well, since I became obsessed with Dorbz - lol)

Yes. This. If you don't want yours, I will buy it from you. :)
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:19 pm

I love asparagus and brussels sprouts. I understand that a lot of people really don't like either of those vegetables and that I am in the minority. Some people who don't like them would still agree that they are healthy and full of vital nutrients, but they still won't eat them. While I understand that a lot of people just don't like them, I don't understand why they don't like them because I think they are delicious. Despite loving them, I probably wouldn't serve them at my next dinner party as the main dish. In fact, I probably wouldn't serve them at all. I'd save them for the night when my asparagus and brussels sprouts loving friends came over.

I see the Hikari like the brussel sprout. The majority of MCC customers probably appreciate them, but don't want them. Some people might be willing to at least try brussel sprouts, but you better make sure you use an A+ recipe. Some people might be willing to try Hikaris, but they get turned off when they are especially hideous looking (and I hate to say something like that because I do appreciate the talented artists who create Funko products).

Basically, I think this was a niche box for the team who chose these items and that they didn't consider or care that their customer base wouldn't like these items as much as they would. It was a chance to finally sell the item that they loved oh so very much. I just can't tell if they knew in order to sell these items, they'd have to sucker people into buying them or if they thought that finally they'd win people over. Either way, it was either a terrible attempt to sell people on a less popular line or a sort of brain dead lack of understanding of their customer base. I'm not sure which is worse.

And on a sidenote, I hate the argument that an item in the box is more than its retail worth because it sells for $XX on eBay. A $15 item that sells for $150 on eBay is still only worth $15. These are toys, not stocks.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:43 pm

I put together a box, that I think adds up to about $125:

XL Hulkbuster Dorbz
Yellow-Jacket Pocket POP! Keychain
Unmasked Miles Morales POP!
Abomination POP!
Korath POP!
White Deadpool Dorbz
Unmasked War Machine POP!
"Mercs for Money" T-shirt
Madcap Mini
Captain America Sam Wilson POP!
Ant-Man Mopeez
Masked Winter Soldier Dorbz
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:48 pm

allhermight wrote:I love asparagus and brussels sprouts. I understand that a lot of people really don't like either of those vegetables and that I am in the minority. Some people who don't like them would still agree that they are healthy and full of vital nutrients, but they still won't eat them. While I understand that a lot of people just don't like them, I don't understand why they don't like them because I think they are delicious. Despite loving them, I probably wouldn't serve them at my next dinner party as the main dish. In fact, I probably wouldn't serve them at all. I'd save them for the night when my asparagus and brussels sprouts loving friends came over.

I see the Hikari like the brussel sprout. The majority of MCC customers probably appreciate them, but don't want them. Some people might be willing to at least try brussel sprouts, but you better make sure you use an A+ recipe. Some people might be willing to try Hikaris, but they get turned off when they are especially hideous looking (and I hate to say something like that because I do appreciate the talented artists who create Funko products).

Basically, I think this was a niche box for the team who chose these items and that they didn't consider or care that their customer base wouldn't like these items as much as they would. It was a chance to finally sell the item that they loved oh so very much. I just can't tell if they knew in order to sell these items, they'd have to sucker people into buying them or if they thought that finally they'd win people over. Either way, it was either a terrible attempt to sell people on a less popular line or a sort of brain dead lack of understanding of their customer base. I'm not sure which is worse.

And on a sidenote, I hate the argument that an item in the box is more than its retail worth because it sells for $XX on eBay. A $15 item that sells for $150 on eBay is still only worth $15. These are toys, not stocks.

F yeah, asparagus.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

doao

Postby doao » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:12 pm

I wish I wasn't a founder. At least I wouldn't have purchased this $125 pop.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:49 pm

allhermight wrote:I love asparagus and brussels sprouts. I understand that a lot of people really don't like either of those vegetables and that I am in the minority. Some people who don't like them would still agree that they are healthy and full of vital nutrients, but they still won't eat them. While I understand that a lot of people just don't like them, I don't understand why they don't like them because I think they are delicious. Despite loving them, I probably wouldn't serve them at my next dinner party as the main dish. In fact, I probably wouldn't serve them at all. I'd save them for the night when my asparagus and brussels sprouts loving friends came over.

pops=Turbo man
hikari=Booster

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:22 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:I put together a box, that I think adds up to about $125:

XL Hulkbuster Dorbz
Abomination POP!
Korath POP!
White Deadpool Dorbz
Madcap Mini
Ant-Man Mopeez

I would have gone crazy for a box like that!! Especially the captain America Sam Wilson one. Right when I heard of this super box I immediately thought he'd be an awesome Pop to have in there.
Higher, Further, Faster

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Very well said on everything.
Higher, Further, Faster

treswright

Postby treswright » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:23 am

Bwaahaa! Asparagus and brussels sprouts is a really good analogy :-) If I'm ordering dinner and it comes with either as a side dish then I'm OK with that, because I really paid for the main dish, not those. But if someone tells me to pony up and they will serve me the dinner of my life and to just trust them, and they bring a plate of asparagus with a tiny piece if filet mignon next to it, well I will eat it but I'm not going to be happy about it, or happy about the fact that they told me it would be an amazing meal when it's really not.

kitana888

Postby kitana888 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:05 am

i think I'm only keeping a few items from this box and selling the rest. The pop, of course, the hat (its cute, i like it), and the patch & pin, are what i'm gonna keep,

I think the dorbz are great but I don't collect them and I could never get into the hikari's.

When I opened the box and saw the hikari, i thought "oh, hey, cool" and that's about it.
In search of: GITD La muerte pop, metallic whis, 2 pack kato & green hornet,

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:34 am

When I brought up eBay sales was just making note that even though not all items are sought after most are. People want the box. Several full time have sold for more than double. Even saw a few hikari sell for 70+ these may not be accurate, but these are sold auctions.
2012 Rookie of the Year

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:41 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:When I brought up eBay sales was just making note that even though not all items are sought after most are. People want the box. Several full time have sold for more than double. Even saw a few hikari sell for 70+ these may not be accurate, but these are sold auctions.

I'm hoping that keeps holding true but I think when everyone actually starts getting theirs in the mail those prices will come down unfortunately for me. Because the more I think about it this box is going right up on ebay, I'm just hoping I can break even on it. And it was so nice of them to give the people at sdcc a head start to list them on ebay instead of the people who bought them almost 2 weeks ago.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:06 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:When I brought up eBay sales was just making note that even though not all items are sought after most are. People want the box. Several full time have sold for more than double. Even saw a few hikari sell for 70+ these may not be accurate, but these are sold auctions.

But look at how many Hikaris from the box are on eBay right now, and most people haven't even received their boxes yet. Clearly it's not the Hikari people are after with the box. There are ones on there right now listed for only $45 that can't even get a bid. And I'm sure that price will get driven down even more once people receive their box and put them up for sale. The things selling the best on eBay are the two Dorbz and Pop. So it's not the entire box people love. It's a piece or two inside. The people paying more than double are most likely people outside where the box was available to ship.

People mainly want this box for the Pop and or Dorbz, not the Hikari. Which is the same reason most people want any sub box from Funko. A non Pop item really shouldn't be the focus of any box imo.

These are collectibles so yeah they'll be sought after. Doesn't mean the box is a great deal. Just means a couple things were included that people like. For instance I love the Pop and ant-man dorb, very happy with those. But everything else I don't care for. And I certainly don't feel like I got my money's worth as I do with every other box I've received. It seems the Pop and or dorbz are what most are happy with. And that's stuff we could easily get in a regular $25 box. Which is why I think a lot feel somewhat let down and unhappy with the box.

Go onto YouTube, Facebook, IG, other forums, or even just read through here. There are very few people happy with this box.
Higher, Further, Faster

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:57 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:I put together a box, that I think adds up to about $125:

XL Hulkbuster Dorbz
Abomination POP!
Korath POP!
White Deadpool Dorbz
Madcap Mini
Ant-Man Mopeez

I would've cried so much if this was the box. Can anyone even begin to comprehend how long I've asked for a Korath???? And then just to rub salt in it it, he got a DORBZ. WTH????? And then there's the thought of a Hulkbuster XL. One of few possible Dorbz I'd spring for.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:20 am

Yes the contents are sought after, if not only for the fact that they aren't available at retail, but the value of the Hikari is way lower than that of the Dorbz or POP. Comparing the contents by value and popularity, at least the major items, the Hikari will always be last. At least that's the case with this box.

I'd give this box a negative review for value. It doesn't seem like content worthy of a super box, in fact I'd go so far as to say this is an overpriced regular box. I'm very confident I'm not the only one happy I didn't order this, in fact I've read plenty of comments proving that, and very few praising it.

ScarletFunko wrote:But look at how many Hikaris from the box are on eBay right now, and most people haven't even received their boxes yet. Clearly it's not the Hikari people are after with the box. There are ones on there right now listed for only $45 that can't even get a bid. And I'm sure that price will get driven down even more once people receive their box and put them up for sale. The things selling the best on eBay are the two Dorbz and Pop. So it's not the entire box people love. It's a piece or two inside. The people paying more than double are most likely people outside where the box was available to ship.

People mainly want this box for the Pop and or Dorbz, not the Hikari. Which is the same reason most people want any sub box from Funko. A non Pop item really shouldn't be the focus of any box imo.

These are collectibles so yeah they'll be sought after. Doesn't mean the box is a great deal. Just means a couple things were included that people like. For instance I love the Pop and ant-man dorb, very happy with those. But everything else I don't care for. And I certainly don't feel like I got my money's worth as I do with every other box I've received. It seems the Pop and or dorbz are what most are happy with. And that's stuff we could easily get in a regular $25 box. Which is why I think a lot feel somewhat let down and unhappy with the box.

Go onto YouTube, Facebook, IG, other forums, or even just read through here. There are very few people happy with this box.

Very good points. The Hikari is a complete let down and sI question their reasoning for including it given it's popularity if there even was any reason or logic. Clearly another POP or extra Dorbz would have been a lot more popular among the fanbase for these boxes

Exactly, it's very hard to justify the value of the contents, especially when the box is devoid of anything that makes this a 'Super' box, it feels more like an overpriced Regular box.

Agreed, the response is very negative towards this. I think the disappointment is justified
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:37 am

ScarletFunko wrote:

But look at how many Hikaris from the box are on eBay right now, and most people haven't even received their boxes yet. Clearly it's not the Hikari people are after with the box. There are ones on there right now listed for only $45 that can't even get a bid. And I'm sure that price will get driven down even more once people receive their box and put them up for sale. The things selling the best on eBay are the two Dorbz and Pop. So it's not the entire box people love. It's a piece or two inside. The people paying more than double are most likely people outside where the box was available to ship.

I get what you are saying. I am trying to say is, Funko made a box people want. Maybe they don't love all of it, but people want it. if everyone hated it and didn't want it the box wouldn't be selling for close to double. Don't think guardians box ever did that. lol Again just based on those eBay sales and few folks I ran into on preview night that liked the box.
2012 Rookie of the Year

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:09 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:I get what you are saying. I am trying to say is, Funko made a box people want. Maybe they don't love all of it, but people want it. if everyone hated it and didn't want it the box wouldn't be selling for close to double. Don't think guardians box ever did that. lol Again just based on those eBay sales and few folks I ran into on preview night that liked the box.

But my point was its not the box people want. It's either the Pop or the Dorbz. The box itself people are very unhappy with. Again look at social media. It's filled with people regretting buying it and being happy they missed it. Funko did not make a box people want, and certainly not at that price. Some people like it and are happy yes, but the vast majority are not.
Higher, Further, Faster

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:15 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:I get what you are saying. I am trying to say is, Funko made a box people want.

lol

Nah this box had a very overwhelming negative reaction from the majority of people who bought it. Yes theres some happy people but it's more negative than positive. A few people at a con don't compare to hundreds of people who voiced their opinions on other sites and forums
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:43 am

ScarletFunko wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:I get what you are saying. I am trying to say is, Funko made a box people want. Maybe they don't love all of it, but people want it. if everyone hated it and didn't want it the box wouldn't be selling for close to double. Don't think guardians box ever did that. lol Again just based on those eBay sales and few folks I ran into on preview night that liked the box.

But my point was its not the box people want. It's either the Pop or the Dorbz. The box itself people are very unhappy with. Again look at social media. It's filled with people regretting buying it and being happy they missed it. Funko did not make a box people want, and certainly not at that price. Some people like it and are happy yes, but the vast majority are not.

Then why are people buying the pop for the price of the box? Or the box for double? If those items are in the box, and people want them what is that? If only way to get a toy out of a cereal box was to buy the box of cereal, you would want to buy the box of cereal even though it's just the toy you need. I dunno lol those that are complaining the loudest prob didn't even order it and complained when it was announced. If you don't like it fine, but i think think there is plenty of people that are happy with it, myself included. :cheers:
2012 Rookie of the Year

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:01 pm

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:Then why are people buying the pop for the price of the box? Or the box for double? If those items are in the box, and people want them what is that? If only way to get a toy out of a cereal box was to buy the box of cereal, you would want to buy the box of cereal even though it's just the toy you need. I dunno lol those that are complaining the loudest prob didn't even order it and complained when it was announced. If you don't like it fine, but i think think there is plenty of people that are happy with it, myself included. :cheers:

They're paying that price for the POP or the POP and the Dorbz(box). There are desirable items in the box, but they are items that you can find in a regualr box too, a POP or a Dorbz or both, same with the Hikari. The issue is the Hikari and the box itself, the Hikari is an undesirable item for many and the box has nothing that makes it 'super' because its almost identical to regular boxes and yes there are some who will pay more, usually International customers or those wanting just one item, but that's just a handful of people, most are either happy they passed or looking to sell to get their money back. It's a bad box, simple as =;
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:39 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:

Then why are people buying the pop for the price of the box? Or the box for double? If those items are in the box, and people want them what is that? If only way to get a toy out of a cereal box was to buy the box of cereal, you would want to buy the box of cereal even though it's just the toy you need. I dunno lol those that are complaining the loudest prob didn't even order it and complained when it was announced. If you don't like it fine, but i think think there is plenty of people that are happy with it, myself included. :cheers:

So you're argument is that because a handful of people on eBay paid double for it that means it's an A+ box that everyone wants? That makes no sense. I bought the box and I don't want it. Not happy at all.

Have you even looked at social media? There are plenty of people who got it and wish they hadn't. Basing your judgment off of a couple eBay sales instead a crazy amount of people voicing their opinion again does not make sense.

Glad you're happy and I'm also happy for everyone else in the minority that actually likes it. But for everyone else this was a bad box and certainly not worth the price tag. A single pop or dorb is not enough to redeem this "super" box.
Higher, Further, Faster

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:46 pm

No I am saying there is people who do WANT it and willing to pay double the price for whole box. Not saying everyone loves it, just that not everyone wants to burn it.
2012 Rookie of the Year

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:No I am saying there is people who do WANT it and willing to pay double the price for whole box. Not saying everyone loves it, just that not everyone wants to burn it.

Now that I can agree with :)
Higher, Further, Faster

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:14 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:No I am saying there is people who do WANT it and willing to pay double the price for whole box. Not saying everyone loves it, just that not everyone wants to burn it.

Yeah but what percentage of people are actually happy with it. The goal isn't to get some people who like it since basically every box would have some people who like it the goal should be to get a large number of people who like it and I just don't think this box does that. Expecting people to be happy with a hikari in place of multiple pops given how few people collect hikari was a bit short sighted.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Mine is listed as out for delivery today. I am one of the few excited for it and the Hikari. Hopefully a few more will change their tune a bit when they have their box in hand.

I get most are not into Hikari but some of the pop folks are getting a wee bit self entitled with the box. Funko has a very broad product line-up and I get their desire to promote all products and not just be the Pop! company. They realize their bread is buttered by Pops! and that is evident by the other boxes, Fundays, SDCC exclusives, etc. Perhaps a more mainstream color way for Cap could have been in order for this box to get more folks on board with the Hikari. That and maybe a second Pop in lieu of the hat.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:38 pm

mohawkjones wrote:Mine is listed as out for delivery today. I am one of the few excited for it and the Hikari. Hopefully a few more will change their tune a bit when they have their box in hand.

I get most are not into Hikari but some of the pop folks are getting a wee bit self entitled with the box. Funko has a very broad product line-up and I get their desire to promote all products and not just be the Pop! company. They realize their bread is buttered by Pops! and that is evident by the other boxes, Fundays, SDCC exclusives, etc. Perhaps a more mainstream color way for Cap could have been in order for this box to get more folks on board with the Hikari. That and maybe a second Pop in lieu of the hat.

I don't think people who are paying for something are being self-entitled for having expectations, but I do agree that a more mainstream color way would have gone a long way. I was actually expecting a Hikari and really looking forward to it, but the color is just really a turn off. However, I hope that when I receive my box, I can see it in person and eat my words.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:46 pm

allhermight wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:Mine is listed as out for delivery today. I am one of the few excited for it and the Hikari. Hopefully a few more will change their tune a bit when they have their box in hand.

I don't think people who are paying for something are being self-entitled for having expectations, but I do agree that a more mainstream color way would have gone a long way. I was actually expecting a Hikari and really looking forward to it, but the color is just really a turn off. However, I hope that when I receive my box, I can see it in person and eat my words.

Self entitled may be a bit much, hence my "wee bit" disclaimer, but man do a lot of folks seem to think the boxes should just be all pops all the time. A select few certainly carrying the ideal to the extreme. The super box may not have been the value the regular boxes are but still a good deal and nice assortment IMO.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:59 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
allhermight wrote:

Self entitled may be a bit much, hence my "wee bit" disclaimer, but man do a lot of folks seem to think the boxes should just be all pops all the time. A select few certainly carrying the ideal to the extreme. The super box may not have been the value the regular boxes are but still a good deal and nice assortment IMO.

Serious question would you pay $90 for an unnumbered hikari and the 2 dorbz, 1 of which shouldn't have even been in a year 1 box (she hulk)?

The items in the box are not inherently bad but think of it this way, the secret war box had two pops and a shirt in it and it cost $33 so an extra $90 dollars got us an unnumbered hikari and 2 dorbz, plus that's with me giving them the benefit of the doubt that the shirt and hat cancel each other out in terms of value. And 1 of the dorbz had a character from a year 2 theme (she hulk) which is even funnier if you watch the unboxing video because the guy clearly thinks there's going to be a deadpool figure in the box instead and the pop while a new character is an uninspired repaint.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:05 pm

If the Cap Hikari was a different color, preferably red white and blue, I'd be a little more excited. But Hikaris overall don't appeal to me
Higher, Further, Faster

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Oh lol Well alright then, yeah there are some who like it, which is cool and congrats on getting a box you like :)
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Wow, I was in shock at the contents of this box. Unprecedented level of disappointment here.

I would have been let down if this had been a regular box, but there is no excuse for charging $125 for this box of junk. Just about any of the SDCC exclusives this year are better than anything in this box. They obviously put all of their energy into producing cool stuff for Comic Con, and this was a house cleaning cash grab. I feel like a sucker for buying it, and I will not trust them with a blind $125 purchase ever again.

The only good news for me was that I was able to work out a sale right away and only lost a few dollars in shipping costs. At least I got almost all of my money back and learned a lesson about trusting Funko with anything like this ever again.

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:53 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:If the Cap Hikari was a different color, preferably red white and blue, I'd be a little more excited. But Hikaris overall don't appeal to me

Basically where I'm at. I don't collect Hikari so I'm not particularly interested but I might have been fine if it was just a normal Captain America that I could add to my collection so I'd have a pop, a dorbz, and a hikari of him, but we got a golden Captain America. I don't want to have an oddly colored version of a figure that I don't have a normal colorization of and didn't intend to have a normal colorization of.

I don't think most people would have minded if they included a hikari in the box the problem is just there really wasn't anything else.

It came with 1 pop, 2 dorbz, a hat, pin, and a patch.

Figure even if we go retail the pop is 15 the 2 dorbz are 10 each and the hat is say another 10. That adds up to 45 so Hikari had to make up 80 dollars just to make it so we got retail pricing which is not what people are expecting of a box sight unseen.

Return to “Powered by Funko”