MCC year 1 super box.

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Littlemissplush

Re: MCC year 1 super box.

Postby Littlemissplush » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:39 am

I'll preface this by saying that I didn't buy the box - was saving up my moolah for SDCC. But I'm very, very glad that I did not buy it and after seeing this year's, I'd be exceedingly hesitant to buy any future super box type things. Which really sucks. I know some people are quite happy with this box but there is so much disappointment that if they tried this again, people will have a bad taste in their mouth. I hope if Funko is able to do a Year Two, they step up the value. Even if it doesn't have toy lines/figures people want, the value needs to be a little more... there.

Of course, then again it's Funko. I'm sure many of the people disappointed by this box would still spring for Year Two. I personally would probably buy Funko trash bag if they slapped Harley Quinn's face on it. When Funko says jump, I think a lot of us just say "How high?" I'm a-okay with that.
Hey, I'm Ashley!

Currently ISO: Connie and Peridot mystery minis

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:59 am

Granted I am biased toward HIkari, but Fort Knox Cap does look way better in hand than the pictures I've seen the last couple days. The translucent gold with glitter to clear fade was not evident in the few pics. Still, I get why some are upset and I still think a more traditional mass-friendly colorway may have gone a long way toward making more folks happy.

Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

grendelscott

Postby grendelscott » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:13 am

I was pleasantly surprised by the box. I actually like everything in it. My only complaint would be the price. I think it could have been around $100.
Funko Funklub Member #12887. Call me Scott.

When this kind of vinyl isn't getting my money, the kind that spins in circles and plays music does.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:32 am

mohawkjones wrote:Granted I am biased toward HIkari, but Fort Knox Cap does look way better in hand than the pictures I've seen the last couple days. The translucent gold with glitter to clear fade was not evident in the few pics. Still, I get why some are upset and I still think a more traditional mass-friendly colorway may have gone a long way toward making more folks happy.

I'm calling him dijon mustard cap.

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:10 am

I feel like I should be trying to get the mosquito out of him so I can make Dinosaurs lol
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:16 am

mohawkjones wrote:

Great pics, It looks great in person. I'll have to see if I can nab one of these when everyone starts getting their boxes.
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:52 am

CAHRULL wrote:Great pics, It looks great in person. I'll have to see if I can nab one of these when everyone starts getting their boxes.

I think you'll have no problem getting one.
Higher, Further, Faster

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:14 am

twirdman wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:No I am saying there is people who do WANT it and willing to pay double the price for whole box. Not saying everyone loves it, just that not everyone wants to burn it.

Yeah but what percentage of people are actually happy with it. The goal isn't to get some people who like it since basically every box would have some people who like it the goal should be to get a large number of people who like it and I just don't think this box does that. Expecting people to be happy with a hikari in place of multiple pops given how few people collect hikari was a bit short sighted.

Exactly. That's the original point I was trying to make.

And after seeing these new pics I'm still not liking the color at all. Once they decided to put a Hikari in there they really should have stuck to some kind of red white and blue color scheme. I'm also still bothered by the fact they didn't number it.

I'm hoping I'll like it better in hand but am doubtful I will. Regardless I will still feel like I did not get my money's worth at all. Very disappointed.

Congrats to the people who like it.
Higher, Further, Faster

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:48 am

ScarletFunko wrote:Once they decided to put a Hikari in there they really should have stuck to some kind of red white and blue color scheme.

This is where the box stumbles IMO. I like it but I also collect Hikari. Could have been a great primer piece for non-hikari folks had it been more traditional.

Sadly this is one of those cases where Funko was destined to lose in many folks eyes. When the speculation started about what was in the box & some of us said Hikari folks were quick to say "there better not be, nobody wants a Hikari" and when there was one in the box it just fueled the already going fire.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:05 pm

I so would've bought your box.

PopGoestheJess wrote:I put together a box, that I think adds up to about $125:

XL Hulkbuster Dorbz
Yellow-Jacket Pocket POP! Keychain
Unmasked Miles Morales POP!
Abomination POP!
Korath POP!
White Deadpool Dorbz
Unmasked War Machine POP!
"Mercs for Money" T-shirt
Madcap Mini
Captain America Sam Wilson POP!
Ant-Man Mopeez
Masked Winter Soldier Dorbz
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:42 pm

(This is not mine but a comment on their face book page that I thought was well thought out, articulate, and not just some rant based on emotion. I couldn't have said it better myself.) He makes some excellent points, this will be my last post on the matter because I do not want to come off as beating a dead horse.

First off, I love Pop! figures and although I just started collecting in March, I have about 70 (Marvel/DC mostly with a few randoms). The reason I'm sending this message today is because I wanted to inform you of how let down I feel by the Year One Super Box that Marvel Collector Corps recently released (and I subsequently jumped to buy.) Now as far as I knew, this was meant to be a "thank you" of sorts to Collector Corps members, a way to celebrate the first year of Collector Corps boxes and themes (which I loved). The box I received is a slap in the face.

In the standard, 35$ box (with taxes and shipping) I've received (Civil War Box) a two pack of pops, a dorbz, a comic, teeshirt, lanyard and patch/pin combo. Thats great value, part of the reason we all buy mystery boxes, yours specifically. Exclusive pops, exclusive Dorbz, awesome. Not all characters in the theme are represented(thats expected), but overall great job.

Now in this 135$ (with tax) box I received one(!) pop (in a subscription box based around exclusive pop figures), two dorbz, a hat, patch/pin combo (telling me I bought a mystery box, not actually highlighting the characters I buy the boxes for) and a Hikari (that you, yourself, can probably tell don't sell very well and aren't very popular; to say the least) .

All hope left my body when I opened the box to see two advertisements for the box I just bought. In the year one box couldn't you have represented some characters on the patch and the rest on the pin. Why do I need a patch and pin reminding me of a 135$ purchase? I collect Marvel branded products; not subscription box branded products.

Why give an expensive Golden Captain America Hikari when you just gave founders members a Golden Captain America statue? Did you really think that your founders (people who would be most likely to buy this box) would want TWO golden Captain America pieces in their pop! collections? Remember, Collector Corps main draw has always been about the pops. So its safe to say that most members (and buyers of the Year one box) would be mainly pop collectors.

I thought this was going to represent the year Collector Corps had. Wheres Deadpool? You love making deadpool variants, couldn't have saved one for this?

Where are the Avengers? You know, Iron man? Hulk? Hawk-eye with antman on the arrow? 6" Hulk that everybody wants. Or scarlet witch controlling magic (akin to the mark 43 pop). Or any number of other Pop! / Mystery Mini / Dorbz ideas.

Thats without mentioning the flaw in logic in putting one "big ticket" (again, if nobody buys them, they can't be expensive) item in a box made to represent 6 other boxes. You set yourself up to skip out on a bunch of our favorite characters (again, the reason we buy the boxes), and almost guaranteeing universal let-down with this box. And trust me, I've looked. I can't find ten commenters on any page/forum/thread about the box that actually feel like they got what they paid for. You promise double in your normal boxes, so why under -deliver on your biggest, most expensive box to date?

How in the world is it worth 135$ when your normal boxes contain so much?

How in the world is this "bigger and better than anything you've done before"?

How can you justify giving us two dorbz that for all intentions, are commons (theres nothing special about them other that the fact that we haven't seen these in Dorbz form)?

Now the pop you gave us is cool in theory, but you couldn't even be bothered to do an actual Hobgoblin mold. We got a Green Goblin Repaint with a cape added. Are you kidding me? I actually like the pop, but in a sub box that is FIVE times more expensive than a normal one, I was at least expecting a new mold.

Had you included another pop (did you just give up on Sam Wilson as Captain America?), something from the pop! home line , maybe a couple mystery minis (allowing you to better represent more characters that may have been missed in each specific theme over the last year) and a meaningful comic title, I'd have been thrilled. Instead, I have one pop! I like, a hat I love, two Dorbz I'm ok with and an 80$ door stop. Or I vastly overpaid for a repainted Pop / Hat combo. No matter how I try to rationalize it, I got ripped off. I paid above market value for the opportunity to not choose what I'm buying.

I hope I've gotten my point across as to just how disappointed I am in this box's contents. I don't expect much, if anything to happen as a result of this message and that saddens me. I started collecting when I was sick and bedridden in March (MS sucks) and they've helped cope with the depression that comes with the disease. I'll continue to enjoy my pops but I just can't fathom spending any more money on these mystery boxes. It just seems as if you are trying to force slow selling product lines on Collector Corps subscribers and that sucks because you have a lot of passionate fans. The pop, hat, and two Dorbz were a great place to start, but tossing in a Hikari doesn't make this box any bigger or better than whats come before it. It just makes it a more expensive and less enjoyable box for Collector Corps' core customer base. Please respond in any manner.

-Yours truly,
a let down fan.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:43 pm

(This is not mine but a comment on their face book page that I thought was well thought out, articulate, and not just some rant based on emotion. I couldn't have said it better myself.) He makes some excellent points, this will be my last post on the matter because I do not want to come off as beating a dead horse.

First off, I love Pop! figures and although I just started collecting in March, I have about 70 (Marvel/DC mostly with a few randoms). The reason I'm sending this message today is because I wanted to inform you of how let down I feel by the Year One Super Box that Marvel Collector Corps recently released (and I subsequently jumped to buy.) Now as far as I knew, this was meant to be a "thank you" of sorts to Collector Corps members, a way to celebrate the first year of Collector Corps boxes and themes (which I loved). The box I received is a slap in the face.

In the standard, 35$ box (with taxes and shipping) I've received (Civil War Box) a two pack of pops, a dorbz, a comic, teeshirt, lanyard and patch/pin combo. Thats great value, part of the reason we all buy mystery boxes, yours specifically. Exclusive pops, exclusive Dorbz, awesome. Not all characters in the theme are represented(thats expected), but overall great job.

Now in this 135$ (with tax) box I received one(!) pop (in a subscription box based around exclusive pop figures), two dorbz, a hat, patch/pin combo (telling me I bought a mystery box, not actually highlighting the characters I buy the boxes for) and a Hikari (that you, yourself, can probably tell don't sell very well and aren't very popular; to say the least) .

All hope left my body when I opened the box to see two advertisements for the box I just bought. In the year one box couldn't you have represented some characters on the patch and the rest on the pin. Why do I need a patch and pin reminding me of a 135$ purchase? I collect Marvel branded products; not subscription box branded products.

Why give an expensive Golden Captain America Hikari when you just gave founders members a Golden Captain America statue? Did you really think that your founders (people who would be most likely to buy this box) would want TWO golden Captain America pieces in their pop! collections? Remember, Collector Corps main draw has always been about the pops. So its safe to say that most members (and buyers of the Year one box) would be mainly pop collectors.

I thought this was going to represent the year Collector Corps had. Wheres Deadpool? You love making deadpool variants, couldn't have saved one for this?

Where are the Avengers? You know, Iron man? Hulk? Hawk-eye with antman on the arrow? 6" Hulk that everybody wants. Or scarlet witch controlling magic (akin to the mark 43 pop). Or any number of other Pop! / Mystery Mini / Dorbz ideas.

Thats without mentioning the flaw in logic in putting one "big ticket" (again, if nobody buys them, they can't be expensive) item in a box made to represent 6 other boxes. You set yourself up to skip out on a bunch of our favorite characters (again, the reason we buy the boxes), and almost guaranteeing universal let-down with this box. And trust me, I've looked. I can't find ten commenters on any page/forum/thread about the box that actually feel like they got what they paid for. You promise double in your normal boxes, so why under -deliver on your biggest, most expensive box to date?

How in the world is it worth 135$ when your normal boxes contain so much?

How in the world is this "bigger and better than anything you've done before"?

How can you justify giving us two dorbz that for all intentions, are commons (theres nothing special about them other that the fact that we haven't seen these in Dorbz form)?

Now the pop you gave us is cool in theory, but you couldn't even be bothered to do an actual Hobgoblin mold. We got a Green Goblin Repaint with a cape added. Are you kidding me? I actually like the pop, but in a sub box that is FIVE times more expensive than a normal one, I was at least expecting a new mold.

Had you included another pop (did you just give up on Sam Wilson as Captain America?), something from the pop! home line , maybe a couple mystery minis (allowing you to better represent more characters that may have been missed in each specific theme over the last year) and a meaningful comic title, I'd have been thrilled. Instead, I have one pop! I like, a hat I love, two Dorbz I'm ok with and an 80$ door stop. Or I vastly overpaid for a repainted Pop / Hat combo. No matter how I try to rationalize it, I got ripped off. I paid above market value for the opportunity to not choose what I'm buying.

I hope I've gotten my point across as to just how disappointed I am in this box's contents. I don't expect much, if anything to happen as a result of this message and that saddens me. I started collecting when I was sick and bedridden in March (MS sucks) and they've helped cope with the depression that comes with the disease. I'll continue to enjoy my pops but I just can't fathom spending any more money on these mystery boxes. It just seems as if you are trying to force slow selling product lines on Collector Corps subscribers and that sucks because you have a lot of passionate fans. The pop, hat, and two Dorbz were a great place to start, but tossing in a Hikari doesn't make this box any bigger or better than whats come before it. It just makes it a more expensive and less enjoyable box for Collector Corps' core customer base. Please respond in any manner.

-Yours truly,
a let down fan.

Darth Madden

Postby Darth Madden » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:49 pm

Maybe they will "make it right" and send out another cool POP to everyone to make up for it. Or not.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:39 pm

That was a very well said message perfectflaw00. I completely agree with the author of it.

Darth Madden wrote:Maybe they will "make it right" and send out another cool POP to everyone to make up for it. Or not.

You know I've been wondering if they will say or do anything as well. As much as I'd love it if they would send out another Pop to the people who bought it I sincerely doubt they will. I would also be happy if they sent out an email to all who bought it basically saying- We hear you and we will do better next time- but sadly I don't see that happening either
Higher, Further, Faster

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:45 pm

This hikari looks great, I'd be happy to negotiate one from anyone who doesn't want theirs!!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:03 pm

I watched 6 videos on YouTube, three rants versions of people who I don't think have the box or even ordered it.

3 reviews of folks who actually did order and unboxed. Of the 3 only had something negative to say about the box, the hikari of course, and he didn't like it, "unless it's worth a grip of money, then it would be cool" lol

I am seeing a few more folks say they actually like the hikari here.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Darth Madden

Postby Darth Madden » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:01 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:That was a very well said message perfectflaw00. I completely agree with the author of it.

Darth Madden wrote:Maybe they will "make it right" and send out another cool POP to everyone to make up for it. Or not.

You know I've been wondering if they will say or do anything as well. As much as I'd love it if they would send out another Pop to the people who bought it I sincerely doubt they will. I would also be happy if they sent out an email to all who bought it basically saying- We hear you and we will do better next time- but sadly I don't see that happening either

I would actually be happy with something like that. Because as of right now I am never buying a "special box" again so an acknowledgment of a screw up would help.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Some people won't buy the box but will end up buying the pop from the box for cost of the whole box lol
2012 Rookie of the Year

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:52 pm

Darth Madden wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:That was a very well said message perfectflaw00. I completely agree with the author of it.

I would actually be happy with something like that. Because as of right now I am never buying a "special box" again so an acknowledgment of a screw up would help.

Same here. I have no interest in any special boxes from any of the subscriptions. One cool Pop does not redeem an entire bad box. An acknowledgment would help make me and probably others feel better though
Higher, Further, Faster

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:14 pm

Cap looks way better in person.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:43 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:
Darth Madden wrote:

Same here. I have no interest in any special boxes from any of the subscriptions. One cool Pop does not redeem an entire bad box. An acknowledgment would help make me and probably others feel better though

Yep something like we realize it was a misstep to have a single hikari take up so much of the value in the box and while we may include hikari in future boxes all boxes going forward will include multiple pops as well as other items.

That statement would give me at least some confidence for the next box MCC comes out with.

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:49 pm

I'll take the Dorbz if people don't want them. :) :freddy2:
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:31 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:Some people won't buy the box but will end up buying the pop from the box for cost of the whole box lol

That's what I don't get either. I am in desperate need of a Hobgoblin but I'm not paying the boxs retail for it. But a profit has to be made and they can't seem to sell off anything else from the box so....prices will stay. ](*,)
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

bwridge

Postby bwridge » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:08 am

Wow... glad I took a pass on that Super Box. That gold Captain America monstrosity is ugly as sin. I would have been a very dissatisfied customer...

Brian

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:59 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:Some people won't buy the box but will end up buying the pop from the box for cost of the whole box lol

I think that proves how much people don't care for the box. They'd rather pass and pay an arm and a leg for the Pop after the fact.
Higher, Further, Faster

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:11 am

My worst fear before pulling the trigger on this was that it would be a blatant cash-grab. But I didn't think that Funko would risk any bad feedback on such an expensive and high profile item.

For $125 it MUST be AMAZING, RIGHT?!?!

I've read a lot of reactions to this, and the majority fall into the Meh-to-Outrage end of the spectrum, with precious few actually AMAZED BY THE CONTENTS OF THIS AMAZING BOX!!!

I'm not sure what perplexes me more - this mix of products, or the price tag for this mix of products.

I really feel taken. If there were a cancellation option I would have done it.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:37 am

The crazy, Crazy, CRAZY amount of negative feedback on this box gives me hope that the next box(es) will be infinitely better. I can't imagine Funko blatantly ignoring the criticism and repeating this mistake.

I may purchase the next one based solely on this premise.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:40 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:The crazy, Crazy, CRAZY amount of negative feedback on this box gives me hope that the next box(es) will be infinitely better. I can't imagine Funko blatantly ignoring the criticism and repeating this mistake.

I may purchase the next one based solely on this premise.

For real. I am very curious to see how they adjust the next super box after seeing the feedback...

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Don't they usually plan out boxes well in advance? So idk if we'll see anything better with the year one boxes for SB and LoC if they make em. Maybe the year two MCC one will be decent but I still don't think I'd pull the trigger. Heck right now I don't even really want the normal sub boxes
Higher, Further, Faster

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:48 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:I am seeing a few more folks say they actually like the hikari here.

Still waiting on my box, but I do indeed like the Hikari, especially after seeing Shawn's excellent photos of it.

But... would I have bought it had I known? Absolutely not, just because I like a cool Hikari doesn't mean I want it in my collection, I don't collect Hikari. And it especially doesn't mean I want to pay top retail dollar for it.

Really my biggest gripe is that they put a Hikari in there AND DIDN'T TELL US. That was the one thing that was nearly universal in this thread before the box was revealed- people said "they better not put a Hikari in it and justify the high box price just because of that!!!" For many of us that was a "worst nightmare" scenario. And it unfortunately came true. -IF- they decided to put a Hikari in there, then THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD US! They could have said something like "check out the Year One reward box, for the first time we are incorporating a Hikari!!!" If they were so darned excited about it you'd think that would have featured prominently in their ads. If they had simply said this box included a Hikari then I (and I'm sure many others) would not have bought it. But we were forced into making an uniformed decision about buying the box. We knew less about the contents of this box than any box before it.

And personally, I think that's EXACTLY why they DIDN'T say one was in there. Because they KNEW people wouldn't buy it. And if true, that is deceptive and I think that's what bothers me about this worst of all. I feel like Funko pulled a fast one on me.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:16 pm

treswright wrote:Still waiting on my box, but I do indeed like the Hikari, especially after seeing Shawn's excellent photos of it.

But... would I have bought it had I known? Absolutely not, just because I like a cool Hikari doesn't mean I want it in my collection, I don't collect Hikari. And it especially doesn't mean I want to pay top retail dollar for it.

Really my biggest gripe is that they put a Hikari in there AND DIDN'T TELL US. That was the one thing that was nearly universal in this thread before the box was revealed- people said "they better not put a Hikari in it and justify the high box price just because of that!!!" For many of us that was a "worst nightmare" scenario. And it unfortunately came true. -IF- they decided to put a Hikari in there, then THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD US! They could have said something like "check out the Year One reward box, for the first time we are incorporating a Hikari!!!" If they were so darned excited about it you'd think that would have featured prominently in their ads. If they had simply said this box included a Hikari then I (and I'm sure many others) would not have bought it. But we were forced into making an uniformed decision about buying the box. We knew less about the contents of this box than any box before it.

And personally, I think that's EXACTLY why they DIDN'T say one was in there. Because they KNEW people wouldn't buy it. And if true, that is deceptive and I think that's what bothers me about this worst of all. I feel like Funko pulled a fast one on me.

Excellent points, and I completely agree. I know I decide to buy it but still I do feel quite a bit cheated.

Once they started to see people asking them to not have a Hikari in there I wish they would have decided to revisit the contents. They could have sent out an email saying the box was delayed a couple months and added in a couple Pops and a shirt or something. I would have felt much better about spending $125 then.
Higher, Further, Faster

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:51 pm

treswright wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:I am seeing a few more folks say they actually like the hikari here.

Still waiting on my box, but I do indeed like the Hikari, especially after seeing Shawn's excellent photos of it.

That's exactly why they didn't tell us there was a Hikari in the box. I love Funko a lot but I'm not gonna be one of the people who lets their love of Funko blind them from Funko's mistakes.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:14 pm

You know what would have been cooler than offering a super duper mega YEAR ONE garbage box would have been selling each of those items individually on the MCC site. An item that represented each box of the year that you could pick, or buy in a bundle, would have been infinitely better.

Not saying anything in the box is bad. On their own, each item is actually really cool. But as a whole, as a $125 mystery box...it's underwhelming.

Now I can only hope they give us Phil Ulrich's Hobgoblin as a pop at some point.
Last edited by pop_jumper on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:21 pm

You were forced to buy the box? I had the option to buy or not buy. Every box is a mystery, either you are willing to gamble or you aren't. Accepting a gamble then complaining after the fact seems counter intuitive to me. Dislike the products all you want, voice that opinion even, but complaining about the types of products in a box that you went in unsure if you would like it or not doesn't make sense to me.

But, maybe I'm crazy or in the vast minority or people so are happy that we consistently get products in our specific lanes (mine is SW obviously).
ImageImageMay the Funko Be With You

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:29 pm

JobaFett wrote:You were forced to buy the box? I had the option to buy or not buy. Every box is a mystery, either you are willing to gamble or you aren't. Accepting a gamble then complaining after the fact seems counter intuitive to me. Dislike the products all you want, voice that opinion even, but complaining about the types of products in a box that you went in unsure if you would like it or not doesn't make sense to me.

But, maybe I'm crazy or in the vast minority or people so are happy that we consistently get products in our specific lanes (mine is SW obviously).

I think the biggest issue people have is not with the contents individually but the value. You could have gotten 4 regular boxes for the cost of this 1.

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:43 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:
JobaFett wrote:You were forced to buy the box? I had the option to buy or not buy. Every box is a mystery, either you are willing to gamble or you aren't. Accepting a gamble then complaining after the fact seems counter intuitive to me. Dislike the products all you want, voice that opinion even, but complaining about the types of products in a box that you went in unsure if you would like it or not doesn't make sense to me.

I think the biggest issue people have is not with the contents individually but the value. You could have gotten 4 regular boxes for the cost of this 1.

Yep that is my problem with the box. The retail value of items in this box is barely equal to the box itself. We ended up paying retail price to not know what we are getting. The normal boxes work because we pay significantly under retail and in exchange we don't know what is in the box. I don't think many of us would be willing to pay 25 dollars for a mystery box with contents that would retail 25.

To show it is retail. The pop is 15 each dorbz is 10 and the hat is 10. That means the hikari took up 70 dollars of the box which if I remember right is near retail for a hikari.

I think everyone would be happy if this box came with the 2 dorbz, 4-5 funkos, and the hikari since then we'd be getting a decent amount more than retail value.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Mega Pop Galactus.

When I thought of what might be in the box, that is what I thought would have worked well. Still expected a Hikari (which is why I didn't order one).
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:24 pm

I at least was hoping for new molds. Where's my Man-Thing at????? How about Spider-Ham?????? Or a super deluxe????? Why no Hulkbuster????? I'd even take a Hulkbuster Hikari but to do ANOTHER Cap???????? I'm saddened.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

bageljoy

Postby bageljoy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:13 pm

So.... anyone want my Hikari?
Dream POP!s:
Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Darth Revan

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:14 pm

I watched the unboxing live and knew there'd be a she-it storm over the Hikari. Thank you FB for delivering on that one.

The box is 'okay', not great. Someone said the price point should have been lower and I agree now that I have mine in my hands. Rating the pieces overall...

Hobgoblin - Nice. Was a pretty cool Glow Glitter Green Goblin variant.
Cap Hikari - Nice. The Cap should have been more red, white and blue with little stars instead of glitter in the plastic. Or maybe they should have skipped Hikari altogether and released Cap in the new Wobbler format. Folks would have been jazzed for that.
Ant-Man Dorbz - PERFECTION. He was meant to be a Dorbz.
She-Hulk Dorbz - Nice. Dorbz bodies do not do Jen (or women in general) any favors. It looks okay. It could have been better.
Hat - Nice, but not for me. I look like a wanna-be skateboarder, or worse, a washed up skater who can't stay on his board. I need something I can golf in.

I think a much better mix would have been 2, possibly 3, pop figures, two dorbz, a Cap Wobbler, a t-shirt and the hat. If they were trying to play off the first year of the box, an XL Hulkbuster Dorbz would have rocked!

Thankfully, no Pop Home items so it's all good. I desperately want to get rid of the mugs that I have but I might end up donating them to a blind man to sell pencils from.
Funklub: 11181

Return to “Powered by Funko”