MCC year 1 super box.

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: MCC year 1 super box.

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:51 pm

There's no doubt in my mind that you guys will win, the loudest voices always come out on top.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:02 pm

Valde wrote:There's no doubt in my mind that you guys will win, the loudest voices always come out on top.

What did we win? They've got my $125 bucks, if we lost would they send us a flaming collector corps box filled with poo? :razz:

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:05 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:
Valde wrote:There's no doubt in my mind that you guys will win, the loudest voices always come out on top.

What did we win? They've got my $125 bucks, if we lost would they send us a flaming collector corps box filled with poo? :razz:

From now on there will be more of what you want and less of what you don't. Then when that's not enough you'll get more.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 pm

Valde wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:

From now on there will be more of what you want and less of what you don't. Then when that's not enough you'll get more.

Gotcha, thank you for clarifying.

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:22 pm

Lots of good comments all around. Just got my box today. I'm not even going to open it. I've seen enough; I'm adding my voice and opinion to the disappointment side. While one can debate the ultimate material value of the mystery box and its' individual contents, all in all, "Year One" is a summary fan failure--and it's the pleasure of the larger majority of fans who the boxes are supposed to be for in the first place. Somewhere, somehow, someone got off the mark here. Personally, I think they got this one wrong. Trying to be fair, but that's this fan's opinion.

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Valde wrote:The only bad precedent that's being is the fact that artists are having their integrity challenged because a box doesn't have enough Pops inside of it. I understand a majority of people don't like Hikari but I'd they chose to put it inside the box that's no different than disliking some songs on your favorite bands album. I know you didn't spend $125 on a music album but as a mystery you shouldn't be upset with Funko.

There is a difference though most of us are not hikari collectors so we are getting something completely out of left field. That is why the CD example doesn't really match completely since with a CD I know what band and genre I'm getting even if I don't know the exact songs. This would be like me throwing down big cash for the next Ancient Bards album expecting a giant symphonic metal mega album and them having a 2 hour long yodeling session on it with a couple of symphonic metal songs. Sure some people might be happy and some people like yodeling but to me it feels like I was cheated and didn't get what I paid for.

I'll admit I've listened to some more experimental bands and while I've never gotten yodeling there have been songs that are drastically different than what they normally release, but it very rarely overwhelms an entire album.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:54 pm

You ordered a Funko Marvel box, they delivered a box of Funko marvel stuff. I don't see how they are in the wrong or would need to apologize for anything.

Could the box have had one more pop? Yes, but I don't think that is something they need to apologize for lol
2012 Rookie of the Year

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 pm

This brings to mind one of my favorite Edward R. Murrow quotes, just sub out funko with america :)

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:05 pm

I honestly thought they did a good job with the box. I may not collect Hikari, but the Captain America looked really cool. It is a mystery box people. You win some and you lose some. If someone does not like it, it does not mean that others won't like it either. I am honestly NOT surprised a Hikari item was added in the box.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

Coutstevo

Postby Coutstevo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:43 pm

allhermight wrote:This response regarding its resell value is troubling.

I have mixed feelings about this box.

As a huge Spider-Man fan I love the hobgoblin pop. I find it very interesting that it's selling on eBay for 3 times the cost of the Hikari, however when determining the box value Funko believes a Hikari retail value $80 is 5 times more than a pop. I think the main complaint is for the cost of the box $125, which is not a small sum to most, 2/3rds of the value comes from an item that most people don't collect and don't like and its actual value is a fraction of the msrp. It just felt sparse when going through it with only 5 items, I would of been happier with the contents of 4 of the 6 boxes for the same price.

Also, I don't wear hats and lots of people don't. I put it on and my wife said I look 13, I'm in my 30s, and my daughter said I look silly.

I don't think anyone mentioned but the pins and patch are not very good either. All the bi monthly boxes had an actual Marvel character on them these just had more year one branding. I like Marvel and their comic characters not text about them.

This is my first Hikari and while the sculpt isn't bad I don't like the color at all, especially compared to the other caps that are out there. This doesn't fit in my collection and I'm having a hard time selling it online.

I don't collect dorbz but I like the ant man a lot and the she hulk will stay in my collection.

I realize it's a mystery box and if I was really unhappy I could recoup all of the money but I'm just looking at it as though I got a Hobgoblin pop that I wouldn't of paid for on eBay.

When I look at all of the Sdcc items and fundays Freddys and compare it to the contents of this box I feel like I didn't get the same type of value and creativity for my money. Looking back the marketing was strange for this as you had a very limited time, for what was supposed to be a select few, as a reward for being supportive to Funko.

Although I couldn't go the cost of this box at $125 was $5 more than a $120 Fundays ticket, who wouldn't trade this for anyone's fundays haul in a second? Just think about that. Also, where were the Fundays Hikaris? If it's a product line they really believe in why weren't they at Fundays and why didn't they have more Sdcc exclusives?

End long rant - I still love Funko and had fun speculating on what's inside. Please no more Hikaris though or hats.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Coutstevo wrote:

I have mixed feelings about this box.

As a huge Spider-Man fan I love the hobgoblin pop. I find it very interesting that it's selling on eBay for 3 times the cost of the Hikari, however when determining the box value Funko believes a Hikari retail value $80 is 5 times more than a pop. I think the main complaint is for the cost of the box $125, which is not a small sum to most, 2/3rds of the value comes from an item that most people don't collect and don't like and its actual value is a fraction of the msrp. It just felt sparse when going through it with only 5 items, I would of been happier with the contents of 4 of the 6 boxes for the same price.

Also, I don't wear hats and lots of people don't. I put it on and my wife said I look 13, I'm in my 30s, and my daughter said I look silly.

I don't think anyone mentioned but the pins and patch are not very good either. All the bi monthly boxes had an actual Marvel character on them these just had more year one branding. I like Marvel and their comic characters not text about them.

This is my first Hikari and while the sculpt isn't bad I don't like the color at all, especially compared to the other caps that are out there. This doesn't fit in my collection and I'm having a hard time selling it online.

I don't collect dorbz but I like the ant man a lot and the she hulk will stay in my collection.

I realize it's a mystery box and if I was really unhappy I could recoup all of the money but I'm just looking at it as though I got a Hobgoblin pop that I wouldn't of paid for on eBay.

When I look at all of the Sdcc items and fundays Freddys and compare it to the contents of this box I feel like I didn't get the same type of value and creativity for my money. Looking back the marketing was strange for this as you had a very limited time, for what was supposed to be a select few, as a reward for being supportive to Funko.

Although I couldn't go the cost of this box at $125 was $5 more than a $120 Fundays ticket, who wouldn't trade this for anyone's fundays haul in a second? Just think about that. Also, where were the Fundays Hikaris? If it's a product line they really believe in why weren't they at Fundays and why didn't they have more Sdcc exclusives?

End long rant - I still love Funko and had fun speculating on what's inside. Please no more Hikaris though or hats.

All the points you make are valid and very reasonable, and another point about the hikari is its edition size or lack thereof.

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:18 am

Squird wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:Has anyone who ordered gotten their box yet, I've got an estimate of august 3rd right now. They really need to get rid of dhl they're the Corky of the shipping industry.

I have mine. Apparently Hobgoblin is worth 150 bucks?

Currently it looks like they're selling for $90-100 and going down down down.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:31 am

jeffcrazy wrote:
Squird wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:Has anyone who ordered gotten their box yet, I've got an estimate of august 3rd right now. They really need to get rid of dhl they're the Corky of the shipping industry.

I have mine. Apparently Hobgoblin is worth 150 bucks?

Currently it looks like they're selling for $90-100 and going down down down.

Par for the course. The deep-pocket people dive in first while supply is low and price is high, guaranteeing that they get theirs. Next people in line pay less and less as long as the supply holds.

I've been watching the Dorbz and they are now down to a consistent $20@. I'm not sure they'll go much lower, and I honestly don't think they need to, but I'll watch a few more days and then scoop up a pair I think.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:44 am

Antman is awesome. She-Hulk is okay.
Funklub: 11181

Squird

Postby Squird » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:53 am

But anymore, the resell value seems to be all that 'collectors' care about.

How many people bought Paul Feig because of who he was? How many bought because of the edition size? Same with Big Boy. The blue Freddy Ride is being resold for twice retail...while it's still available at retail (as of yesterday afternoon). Target Batman. Fundays items. People are trying to sell 'funko' pins that were made by the Funko FB groups.

It kinda sucks.
Funklub: 11181

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:31 am

Squird wrote:

How many people bought Paul Feig because of who he was? How many bought because of the edition size? Same with Big Boy. The blue Freddy Ride is being resold for twice retail...while it's still available at retail (as of yesterday afternoon). Target Batman. Fundays items. People are trying to sell 'funko' pins that were made by the Funko FB groups.

It kinda sucks.

It does and I don't get it, and maybe it's because I don't have an entrepreneurial spirit. On the other hand, I also don't get worked up over the things that I can't have so I'm not willing to spend an absurd amount of money on something like an otherwise inexpensive collectible. So I can't quite get why other people do it.

FUN-KO-POP

Postby FUN-KO-POP » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:25 am

What a massive let down. That Cap statue is super ugly. Consider MOST of us collect these boxes for FUNKP POPS! Why did they ever think shipping one was going to cut it? Super lame. I just hope they are paying attention to the negative out pouring and take a different direction moving forward.

EZA

Postby EZA » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:00 pm

Funko listens to fans and I am thinking for the Star Wars Year One they will double their efforts. I actually like Hikari its a different type of collectable and brings out the designer vinyl collector in me whereas on the other hand I dont like Wobblers (they look creepy to me) Its hard to please everyone. My friend hated his year one box he sold his Hobgoblin Pop for $155US and his Hikari for $125US he kept the dorbs and the patch and pin and gave the hat away...

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

EZA

Postby EZA » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:08 pm

Funko listens to fans and I am thinking for the Star Wars Year One they will double their efforts. I actually like Hikari its a different type of collectable and brings out the designer vinyl collector in me whereas on the other hand I dont like Wobblers (they look creepy to me) Its hard to please everyone. My friend hated his year one box he sold his Hobgoblin Pop for $155US and his Hikari for $125US he kept the dorbs and the patch and pin and gave the hat away...

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:24 pm

I was thinking about something they could have done with the Hikari that I think would have been kinda cool and would fit the avengers theme well. They could have made a new Hikari of Hulk, IM, Thor, and Cap, and you just randomly get one. That way they could have kept the edition size smaller and actually put the number on the card instead of just "Limited Edition". Then the gold Cap could have been a smaller edition size that only a lucky few would have gotten, almost like a chase Hikari or something. I'm sure that's not realistic for some reason but just a random thought.
Higher, Further, Faster

janos89

Postby janos89 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Squird wrote:

It kinda sucks.

Completely agree with you I know a lot of people that don't even care for the pop much or whatever it is but they just snatch it up because they know its going to sell for a good chunk later on and some of these people aren't even flippers that do this. I literally only buy pops that I actually like and I'm going to keep unless something happens.
Hi I'm Johnny! and I'm a funko funatic!
Go Buckeyes!

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:05 pm

EZA wrote:Funko listens to fans and I am thinking for the Star Wars Year One they will double their efforts. I actually like Hikari its a different type of collectable and brings out the designer vinyl collector in me whereas on the other hand I dont like Wobblers (they look creepy to me) Its hard to please everyone. My friend hated his year one box he sold his Hobgoblin Pop for $155US and his Hikari for $125US he kept the dorbs and the patch and pin and gave the hat away...

I strongly dislike the Captain America Hikari, but I think the Star Wars Hikaris generally look fantastic.

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Squird wrote:

It kinda sucks.

there's no rhyme or reason to the market. But the market and hype does help power the Funko business train, which in turn helps funko make more money, get more licenses, exposure etc. I remember pop chases at B&N and Urban Outfitters (yes they used to carry the simpsons and horror ones there) for about $2 and they went untouched, even in the middle of manhattan. The hype train has existed for funko for over a decade, but used to be Wobblers and Freddys for a niche crowd. Now Pops are unavoidable and have extreme momentum, and I don't think Funko minds the hype at all. Makes it harder to get what you want without question, I missed my first fundays since Vegas because of the stated hype. Wasn't thrilled at all, but it's part of the ride.

As for the Year one box, I think it was an attempt to gain momentum on a line that doesn't have much. I like some of them, but I wouldn't pay a premium on any of them. They are usually in clearance bins, and it's a line that has a handful of serious collectors. They were better off putting more pops in the box, but thy probably wanted to drum up and introduce Hikari to the pop collector base. Whether that was a fail or not is up to the receiver. I've seen better and worse deals out there without a doubt.

BeefyPenguin

Postby BeefyPenguin » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:24 pm

What I don't get is how the monthly box is boasted at twice the value of what your paying but this box cost $120 if I remember correctly? And it's value is what... $120...

I find multiple items easily the worst items available out of ALL boxes. (MY OPINION) but why wasn't there Big year one box wasn't following the same concept in value

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:22 pm

BeefyPenguin wrote:What I don't get is how the monthly box is boasted at twice the value of what your paying but this box cost $120 if I remember correctly? And it's value is what... $120...

I find multiple items easily the worst items available out of ALL boxes. (MY OPINION) but why wasn't there Big year one box wasn't following the same concept in value

that is a legit complaint considering the formula they followed all year. Not liking what's in the box is one thing, but the value concept I could understand the gripe. I never mind reselling stuff to recoup, but there are people that don't have the time, account, etc...

Darth Madden

Postby Darth Madden » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:52 pm

I'm hoping that Marvel is playing a trick on us and 6 months from now they will ask us to post a picture of us holding our ugly Cap hikari and they will send us a cool limited pop. :)

Wrudart

Postby Wrudart » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:09 pm

I want to start off with I love this forum, great people all around!

That said, I just went through and read a few pages of the reactions... Vast majority are unhappy overall (I'm included in that group)

But what I really noticed is the only people really defending are the people that are moderators or around for about a decade now, just seems that they are unwilling/afraid to dissent

I really hope FUNKO does listen to the prevalent voice of the collectors and fixes the value issue going forward. There is a lot of trust we collectors are putting into the company with these blind boxes (personally I'm in for nearly $400 this year on them)
:beerchug:

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:29 pm

Wrudart wrote:
That said, I just went through and read a few pages of the reactions... Vast majority are unhappy overall (I'm included in that group)

But what I really noticed is the only people really defending are the people that are moderators or around for about a decade now, just seems that they are unwilling/afraid to dissent

You'll find that a lot. Not to offend but you will.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Wrudart

Postby Wrudart » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Thanks Howard, that confirms that it's not just me misreading the situation... It's really a shame though
:beerchug:

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:07 pm

Wrudart wrote:But what I really noticed is the only people really defending are the people that are moderators or around for about a decade now, just seems that they are unwilling/afraid to dissent

As someone who's not a mod and only been here since May, here's my perspective: A mystery box is exactly that... a mystery. I don't think anybody should feel entitled to know what comes inside it because it's meant to be a surprise. With a lot of these types of boxes, they will say something along the lines of, "Get $XX amount of value but only pay $XX!" As far as I know, this was never mentioned anywhere on the purchase page, so I'm not sure why some people are expecting to receive more than $125 worth of stuff. It might be a bummer to receive Hikari if you aren't a Hikari collector, and yeah, it probably took up a lot of the value of the box. I personally would've been thrilled to receive an exclusive Hikari because I think it's the best looking line that Funko produces. While disappointment for some might be understandable, a mystery box is a gamble. But it's not the end all. If you are unhappy with the contents, why not just sell the stuff you don't want to someone on here who would love to take it? Or hold a giveaway? There are plenty of options so I guess I'm just not seeing what the problem is?
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:16 pm

I am a mod, and I am a huge Funko fan. I am passionate about the brand. Funko does more for its fan base than any company I know. A lot of that happening right here on this forum. So when someone says something like "why would Funko knowlingly upset fans?" I am going to step in and say something. I have been around since 2012, not quite a decade. Some of the people complaining that he most probably haven't been around here long to realize how much Funko does for us.

I am super pumped to have hobgoblin and she hulk and ant man Dorbz. If buying the hikari was only way to get these items, would do it in a heartbeat.
2012 Rookie of the Year

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:27 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
Wrudart wrote:But what I really noticed is the only people really defending are the people that are moderators or around for about a decade now, just seems that they are unwilling/afraid to dissent

As someone who's not a mod and only been here since May, here's my perspective: A mystery box is exactly that... a mystery. I don't think anybody should feel entitled to know what comes inside it because it's meant to be a surprise. With a lot of these types of boxes, they will say something along the lines of, "Get $XX amount of value but only pay $XX!" As far as I know, this was never mentioned anywhere on the purchase page, so I'm not sure why some people are expecting to receive more than $125 worth of stuff. It might be a bummer to receive Hikari if you aren't a Hikari collector, and yeah, it probably took up a lot of the value of the box. I personally would've been thrilled to receive an exclusive Hikari because I think it's the best looking line that Funko produces. While disappointment for some might be understandable, a mystery box is a gamble. But it's not the end all. If you are unhappy with the contents, why not just sell the stuff you don't want to someone on here who would love to take it? Or hold a giveaway? There are plenty of options so I guess I'm just not seeing what the problem is?

As far as value is concerned, I think a lot of people weren't necessarily expecting a box above $125 value. Instead, a lot of people feel like the value of the box doesn't meet $125. This particular evaluation is completely subjective because 1) there isn't an agreed upon retail cost to assign to each item and because 2) value isn't always being stated in this particular case as a numeric variable.

I don't speak for anyone other than myself, but based upon reading and participating in this thread, I would gather that the majority consensus of disappointed buyers is that no one feels entitled to know the contents of a mystery box ahead of time. I would gather that most feel as though the company either doesn't understand their customer base or that the company found a sketchy way to push a line that isn't popular onto a customer base that is mostly disinterested in Hikari.

And in regards to the defense of this box, I feel like there are many members (moderators, veterans, and members who fall into neither of those categories) who proudly cheerlead/defend nearly everything Funko does which is great... I wish I loved something in life as much as some people lot Funko. But I always chuckle to myself when people say things like "Funko gives us this and Funko gives us that" because Funko, at the end of the day, is and always will be a business that exists to make a profit just like every other company.

Ultimately, it is a mystery box and a $125 lesson to be learned for a lot of people. I'm absolutely disappointed, but I'm still here. I still willingly dropped sinful amounts of cash on Funko products after learning the contents of the mystery box. And I still will.

janos89

Postby janos89 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:I am a mod, and I am a huge Funko fan. I am passionate about the brand. Funko does more for its fan base than any company I know. A lot of that happening right here on this forum. So when someone says something like "why would Funko knowlingly upset fans?" I am going to step in and say something. I have been around since 2012, not quite a decade. Some of the people complaining that he most probably haven't been around here long to realize how much Funko does for us.

I am super pumped to have hobgoblin and she hulk and ant man Dorbz. If buying the hikari was only way to get these items, would do it in a heartbeat.

This is completely true, Funko is one of the few companies that listens to its fans and try to meet their wants. You'll see that around this site time and time again. One example is me and other people have been asking for gow pops and they made that happen, another is people asked for golden girls pops and they made it happen, another is there a big swamp thing fan on here(I wonder who) and guess what they have pops of swamp thing now, and I could go on and on. This is truly a great company and while I and all of us may have things we may not like there are WAY more positives that out weigh the petty things. And think about all the great stuff Funko has to offer us. :freddy1:
Hi I'm Johnny! and I'm a funko funatic!
Go Buckeyes!

Caius_Cosades

Postby Caius_Cosades » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:23 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:You ordered a Funko Marvel box, they delivered a box of Funko marvel stuff. I don't see how they are in the wrong or would need to apologize for anything.

Could the box have had one more pop? Yes, but I don't think that is something they need to apologize for lol

They don't need to apologize for anything, no. But I do believe that the anger and/or disappointment of those that bought the box is well founded. Right now, the Funko community at large by far collects primarily POPs. POPs aside, there seems to be a rather large following for Dorbz. And there's certainly interest for Mystery Minis, Rock Candies, and even Mopeez. However take a look at Hikari, while there are those that collect them, not very many people seem interested in paying the $80 retail price for ANY of them, hence why they're consistently being sold on the secondary market for far less than msrp. It's not just about the lack of POPs, I think it's about the lack of everything. People payed $125 for 1 POP, a hat, 2 Dorbz, and a Hikari that nobody seems pleased with. Rather than an $80 Hikari that appeals only to a few, why not an extra POP or 2, 1-3 extra Dorbz, a couple Mystery Minis, maybe a mopeez or 2, maybe a Rock Candy, maybe a Wacky Wobbler, and Maybe even a shirt to go with the hat. Instead, many got stuck with an $80 figure that they don't care for and can't seem to make their money back on.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:26 pm

Not a mod, not even a 1 star yet.

The Captain America Hikari is the best piece in the box imo. It was pretty obvious to most people that at $125, there clearly was going to be a large ticket item, idk what people were expecting.... could there have been an extra pop or dorbz? Maybe, but there wasnt.

Let's stop playing "my idea of collecting is better than yours" and just get back to it.

You win some, you lose some.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:50 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Not a mod, not even a 1 star yet.

The Captain America Hikari is the best piece in the box imo. It was pretty obvious to most people that at $125, there clearly was going to be a large ticket item, idk what people were expecting.... could there have been an extra pop or dorbz? Maybe, but there wasnt.

Let's stop playing "my idea of collecting is better than yours" and just get back to it.

You win some, you lose some.

I just wish they would'be at least put the edition size on it, and honestly everyone is being civil in the thread so I don't see the harm. Debating is always a good thing, especially while passing the time waiting for our box. ;-)

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:00 am

janos89 wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:I am a mod, and I am a huge Funko fan. I am passionate about the brand. Funko does more for its fan base than any company I know. A lot of that happening right here on this forum. So when someone says something like "why would Funko knowlingly upset fans?" I am going to step in and say something. I have been around since 2012, not quite a decade. Some of the people complaining that he most probably haven't been around here long to realize how much Funko does for us.

This is completely true, Funko is one of the few companies that listens to its fans and try to meet their wants. You'll see that around this site time and time again. One example is me and other people have been asking for gow pops and they made that happen, another is people asked for golden girls pops and they made it happen, another is there a big swamp thing fan on here(I wonder who) and guess what they have pops of swamp thing now, and I could go on and on. This is truly a great company and while I and all of us may have things we may not like there are WAY more positives that out weigh the petty things. And think about all the great stuff Funko has to offer us. :freddy1:

New plan subtly drop hints that they need Andromeda pops everywhere in the site until it finally happens. Yes I know this one wasn't very subtle but it's late and well what can you do. I really need a Captain Hunt, Trace, and Rommie and I guess the whole cast.

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:02 am

valorandvellum wrote:
Wrudart wrote: There are plenty of options so I guess I'm just not seeing what the problem is?

I think that people who are for and against should be heard. Not to say that anyone suggests that they shouldn't, but I think it is very important that feedback and opinion be given. This is important in designing products and services, and I think submitting a vote and an opinion is healthy and potentially constructive. I do not view submitting opinions to be a problem.

I have been a collector and enthusiasts for approaching half a century (I know that may make some people laugh). I don't post often, but consider myself no less enthusiastic than those who post more, or have been with the site longer. We cannot draw too many assertions from superficial numbers--like how many "likes" or "dislikes" for the box get posted; or who posts more often, or how many have been with the site longer. There's just no way to substantiate theoretical conclusions with accuracy. This site is simply a forum in which practically everyone has right to be heard (or read) and to participate in various dialogues. A lot of people who like the box or Hikari may be remaining silent. We don't know. Many of us love Funko, but really just don't like this box. That's Ok. I think it is important for Funko/Marvel to know. It is just as it is important for persons to communicate that they like the contents. Businesses survive and thrive based on paying attention to feedback in various forms. It can help with the strategy and formulation of potential future projects. It would be much worse for people not to express their opinion at all, and to just change their buying and collecting patterns. If I were in leadership position with these companies, I would want to know what my fan base thinks--even the negative feedback. Heck, if I were at the helm of these companies, I would want to know what my competitors or those disinterested thought; maybe I could construct a strategy to pull them in, or to win the "war".

So if I were Funko/Marvel, I would appreciate your various feedback. I wouldn't see it as a problem at all. I would use that info to become even better. For me, it's great to see what so many people who are passionate about the same things that I love think.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:08 am

Wrudart wrote:Thanks Howard, that confirms that it's not just me misreading the situation... It's really a shame though

Eh. What are you gonna do? :rolleyes:
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:36 am

As one of the minority of people that collects hikari, I think that the biggest problem I have is that the bulk of the value of the box was the hikari. With even the groot msrp dropping down to 49.99, they really could have thrown another pop in the box instead of 2 dorbz, or that awful hat. I was one of the first people on the thread to ask if there was any kind of value guarantee, meaning spend 120, get X amount. So I wasn't that surprised when the 125 boxed equalled a 125ish msrp if you price everything at convention prices and not retail store prices.

On that note I truly understand why people are upset, the vast bulk of funkos consumers purchase only pops, and there is an assumption that when this kind of money is paid, even if it is a mystery box that the product inside will play to the will of the consumer and not be merchandise that pleases only a small portion of the community. Hopefully if funko does a year 2 they will figure out next time to either do a much more limited run or to maybe charge less and skip the hikari.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

Return to “Powered by Funko”