MCC: Does anyone...

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
thewerepuppygrr

MCC: Does anyone...

Postby thewerepuppygrr » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:47 am

...Keep the boxes? As in the actual boxes everything gets posted in? I've got all mine but I've just been through and emptied them all out, and so the boxes themselves are taking up much needed space. I've tried flattening them but they're still hard to store.

What do you guys do?

RedPats

Re: MCC: Does anyone...

Postby RedPats » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:55 am

I use to keep them and then I started recycling them because they took up way too much space.
Hello, my name is Cody
Funko Collecting since 3/29/15
Instagram - funko.stoner
ImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:57 am

Recycle. Too big and I'm already running out of space.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 am

I recycle most of mine as well. I am using two currently as risers in my display, but the rest are long gone.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:47 am

I ran out of room as well so I ended up recycling them. I was bummed at first but it did open up a ton of space....which I promptly filled with more Pops lol
Higher, Further, Faster

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:09 am

Saved them at first, took up too much space, now I recycle them.

agentaa

Postby agentaa » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:13 am

Pretty much same as everyone else, used to keep em now they are at the recycling plant.
Austin SW8 My YouTube channel is AgentAA Toys

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:02 am

I love the way they look and wish I could keep them but it's just too much. I cut the comic panels out of the Women of Power one for my wife, but aside from that they've all gone to the recycle bin.
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:05 am

I keep them and use for storage.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Domina

Postby Domina » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:44 am

We keep them. There's nice art. They unfold nicely and lay flat.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Recycle or use them for shipping other stuff. Nice art, I assume it's fun to receive other stuff in them.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

big_pun_209

Postby big_pun_209 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:03 pm

I've kept them all so far and have colored in most of them when I get bored.
AKA: Rob
Image Image

Viva La Rev!!

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Straight to the recycling bin. Tried to save them, but they are just to big.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:56 pm

I have kept them, but this post reminded me that I need to recycle them so that I can reclaim some valuable space. They are awesome looking boxes though so I imagine that is partly why I haven't parted with them just yet.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:57 pm

I keep the marvel ones, love the art on them, i use the SB boxes to ship stuff, it's great for that!
2012 Rookie of the Year

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:09 pm

I keep then. I think they're really nice. Running out of room though.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:18 pm

The artwork on the boxes are really nice so I keep them, but they're sitting in my storage due to lack of space for them all

EZA

Postby EZA » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:00 pm

I use them to ship toys in when I sell them on ebay

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

thewerepuppygrr

Postby thewerepuppygrr » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Good call guys, I think I'll keep them for shipping. Will keep my Guardians one (my favourite series) and probably the very first box, but the rest have gotta go.

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:45 pm

I keep them and display them but I'm running out of room.
| Pop! Count: 1000+ :fdo91: No Longer Collecting |

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Mine are stacked behind the bedroom door....for now. I'll eventually dispose of them. Eventually.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:17 am

Mine are stacked in the guest bedroom with all the stuff still inside each box. I'll need to decide what to do with everything after my hunt for SDCC, Funday and Conan stuff. This has gotten out of hand. Gonna be selling a bunch of stuff after the dust settles. Time to re- re- re- focus my collection.

Craig here......

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Alleycat wrote:Mine are stacked in the guest bedroom with all the stuff still inside each box. I'll need to decide what to do with everything after my hunt for SDCC, Funday and Conan stuff. This has gotten out of hand. Gonna be selling a bunch of stuff after the dust settles. Time to re- re- re- focus my collection.

Funny, I just did yet another re-re-re-focus after moving yet again. A few things wound up shipped in MCC, LOC & SB boxes.

Did a big re-focus last summer around SDCC and did one before that 2 years ago. Hikari just keep pushing more and more other stuff out of my life.

:freddy3:
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

DigsUT

Postby DigsUT » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:21 pm

I keep them, but may need to use them to ship stuff at a later date. Good boxes honestly.
Collecting:

Star Wars.....thats all....nothing more...well....maybe some others.... :freddy2:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:59 pm

We don't throw away anything. Even though we remove the pops and the shirts, we keep the boxes and everything associated with the contents on shelves in a storage room!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:13 pm

I use them as stands for my Lego Star Wars displays! They look great that way. If I was home I would snap a pic....maybe later.
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:33 pm

I'm just like everyone else where you want to keep the boxes because of the art on the outside but I'm keeping them now to ship things in the future. As long as you pad the inside they should be sturdy enough.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:06 pm

I used to just recycle them. But then needed some kind of platform that would go behind 1 of my large Freddys but to hold some of my in box POPs in protectors behind him. Badda Boom! I used my sub boxes (actually trying to use all SW) for that :)
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

TjSosaR13

Postby TjSosaR13 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Use Some To Put Pops In That I Don't Display (Dont Have Much Room when You're A In Box Collector) and Have 3 Right Now Displaying With My Marvel Pops .
ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:21 pm

I recycle mine, mostly because by the time they arrive they are significantly beat up on the sides or corners. My mailman must just despite Funko.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:18 pm

kihou wrote:I recycle mine, mostly because by the time they arrive they are significantly beat up on the sides or corners. My mailman must just despite Funko.

The truth is he is an evil mastermind. He saves his boxes in pristine condition but destroys all the boxes on his delivery route thus ensuring he will be one of the few with a pristine box which will make them skyrocket in value. Also might be why other peoples boxes come damaged there is a giant conspiracy and I just busted it wide open.

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Only problem about these boxes is that people can totally tell what's being delivered to your house. I rather them be discreet so I wouldn't feel as bad about recycling or getting rid of them.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

Doc Funko

Postby Doc Funko » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:29 pm

twirdman wrote:
kihou wrote:I recycle mine, mostly because by the time they arrive they are significantly beat up on the sides or corners. My mailman must just despite Funko.

The truth is he is an evil mastermind. He saves his boxes in pristine condition but destroys all the boxes on his delivery route thus ensuring he will be one of the few with a pristine box which will make them skyrocket in value. Also might be why other peoples boxes come damaged there is a giant conspiracy and I just busted it wide open.

You could be right, something I've noticed when watching unboxing videos, the boxes in America look like Ace Ventura as delivered them, but mine make it to England in pristine condition, just watch by tempting fate, my next box will come beat up.

twirdman

Postby twirdman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:32 pm

Doc Funko wrote:
twirdman wrote:

You could be right, something I've noticed when watching unboxing videos, the boxes in America look like Ace Ventura as delivered them, but mine make it to England in pristine condition, just watch by tempting fate, my next box will come beat up.

They haven't reached England yet. We need to track down how wide the cabal is and stop it before it's too late.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:35 pm

Doc Funko wrote:
twirdman wrote:

I've had pretty good luck that even though the outer box is messed up, the inside is usually okay. I had to exchange a Smuggler's Bounty box once though because it was so badly busted that the contents were opened. They were super nice about getting me a new one though!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Peachtree

Postby Peachtree » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Mine hold Spastik tubes
My name is Samuel, nice to meet you!
Instagram: PeachtreeFunko
ISO: Astro Boy T-Shirt Scott Pilgrim

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:06 am

I have all of mine and have enough for 2 to 3 more. after that I'm going to limit myself to however many can fit on the designated shelf in my closet and recycle my least favorite designs.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:22 am

Still have all of mine currently...wish I had some creative ideas for displaying them but nothing has come to mind yet lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:58 am

Flex Luthor wrote:Only problem about these boxes is that people can totally tell what's being delivered to your house.

The Mrs. and I are newer subscribers, but right from the get go, very disappointed that they don't ship in an outer box! (privacy and collectability). We only have 4 MCC boxes so far, (and Disney Treasures on the way), but I get the lack of space for keeping them. Unfortunately I'm a pack rat. Couple that with the awesome art on the boxes and cannot justify recycling them.

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:11 pm

Mysta_Rabbit wrote:
Flex Luthor wrote:Only problem about these boxes is that people can totally tell what's being delivered to your house.

The Mrs. and I are newer subscribers, but right from the get go, very disappointed that they don't ship in an outer box! (privacy and collectability). We only have 4 MCC boxes so far, (and Disney Treasures on the way), but I get the lack of space for keeping them. Unfortunately I'm a pack rat. Couple that with the awesome art on the boxes and cannot justify recycling them.

I agree. Why did they have to make the boxes look so good haha. Some boxes I chucked and some others I'm debating just cuz of the box art or its a box of one of my favorite characters.
Hi! I'm Mark

Return to “Powered by Funko”