MCC October - Doctor Strange

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: MCC October - Doctor Strange

Postby Jezter » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:42 am

Looking forward to this box, I just hope the pop is cool, and I already have 2 DS Pops and want the gold one too, so if it's not DS in the box, I will not be disappointed at all. I just hope whoever it is, it's not an action Pop. I don't dislike action Pops, but I would like a break from them. That said, it was an action Pop, I'd want one of DS levitating/meditating...haha.

I also hope it's a Pop shirt...aside from that the usual comic, pin and patch are also something I can't wait to see. A dorbz or the new minis would be neat. Only a month away from getting the box! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:06 pm

MV6000 wrote:Hopefully they don't do what they did with the Deadpool and Spider-Man boxes where they took the theme very literally with every item being about said character.

i don’t see how this ISN’T what we’re getting. it’s been that way for every character-themed box they’ve sent out.

-- Spider-Man Box: Spider-Man Pop, Spider-Man Fabrikation, Spider-Man Patch, Spider-Man Pin, Spider-Man Hat

-- Deadpool Box: Deadpool Pop, Deadpool Mopeez, Deadpool Dorbz, Deadpool Shirt, Deadpool Patch, Deadpool Pin

-- Ant-Man Box: Ant-Man Pop, Ant-Man Mystery Mini, Ant-Man Shirt, Ant-Man Patch, Ant-Man Pin

i’m fully expecting a Strange Pop (action pose probably), Strange Shirt, Strange Patch, Strange Pin and some other Funko brand. Perhaps astral keychain? or mystery minis, since the movie’s not getting a full series.

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:26 pm

I'm not overly familiar with the other characters, so I'd be fine with a box devoted to the main character.

Hope it's a cool shirt.

lookslost

Postby lookslost » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:47 am

Action pose Deadpool, Action pose Cap/Iron man, Action pose spider man. The only box recently who hasn't been action pose was Squirrel Girl, so I will go with Action pose Doctor Strange haha.
My name is Alex.

I have 210 Pops.

Grails:

Giant Freddy
any Buffy Proto

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:43 pm

Looking forward to this one.... is it 10/15 yet?

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:13 pm

any rumors or leaks as to what will be in the box? Hopefully they pull a Secret Wars box move and release images of the prototypes... lol One can always hope
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:13 pm

They charged my account -- looking forward to getting this one :)

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:20 pm

I skipped the last couple boxes but I'm back in with this one!

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:30 pm

I am very curious to see what ends up inside this box. I think I will be happy either way because I have yet to pick up any Doctor Stranges.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:35 pm

hmuriel212 wrote:any rumors or leaks as to what will be in the box?

probably this...

Spoiler: show

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:48 pm

DocRamon wrote:

probably this...

Would not be upset to see that at all!
Kristen

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:48 pm

DocRamon wrote:

probably this...

I'm alright with that saves.me.the trouble of.hunting down the exclusive. Hoping the next theme makes up for last year's lackluster December box too. Some good spoilers coming soon.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:26 am

That's an interesting spoiler. I meant to cancel before this month and forgot (not a big DS fan), but that does look interesting. Hoping the rest of the box is fantastic (I'm hoping for some Pop! Kitchen astral hands oven mitts personally),
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:54 am

DocRamon wrote:

probably this...

Not sure how I feel about that one. I've seen a
similar at Target (exclusive I think?) in an ad
. I would like to find the walmart one if I can, but not sure if it's still around.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:18 am

DocRamon wrote:

probably this...

Hmm if thats the Pop then I'm totally pumped!!
Higher, Further, Faster

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:49 pm

DocRamon wrote:

probably this...

Thank you! All the POPs are poses now a days it seems..
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:11 pm

groundhog7s wrote:That's an interesting spoiler. I meant to cancel before this month and forgot (not a big DS fan), but that does look interesting. Hoping the rest of the box is fantastic (I'm hoping for some Pop! Kitchen astral hands oven mitts personally),

I was going to skip this one, too. I forgot and received notification of my card being charged. I'm not a big Doctor Strange fan, but this spoiler gives me some hope for a good box. lol at the oven mitts!
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:22 pm

I pray that's the pop we get in this box. It's gotta be one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Now just show me a Strange Mopeez and I'm pleased.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:41 pm

I was charged yesterday so hopefully it starts shipping soon :) also if that spoiler pic is the pop in the box I will be very happy
I love that they have a levitating pose along with the astral form but it doesn't use the dang plastic stands from the look of it. I broke one of those trying to display a bvs superman oob
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:18 pm

DocRamon wrote:
MV6000 wrote:Hopefully they don't do what they did with the Deadpool and Spider-Man boxes where they took the theme very literally with every item being about said character.

i don’t see how this ISN’T what we’re getting. it’s been that way for every character-themed box they’ve sent out.

-- Spider-Man Box: Spider-Man Pop, Spider-Man Fabrikation, Spider-Man Patch, Spider-Man Pin, Spider-Man Hat

-- Deadpool Box: Deadpool Pop, Deadpool Mopeez, Deadpool Dorbz, Deadpool Shirt, Deadpool Patch, Deadpool Pin

-- Ant-Man Box: Ant-Man Pop, Ant-Man Mystery Mini, Ant-Man Shirt, Ant-Man Patch, Ant-Man Pin

i’m fully expecting a Strange Pop (action pose probably), Strange Shirt, Strange Patch, Strange Pin and some other Funko brand. Perhaps astral keychain? or mystery minis, since the movie’s not getting a full series.

The difference here is that this based on the movie. When we got the Ant-man movie box, not every item was based on the titular character.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:44 am

Seems like the Strange box would be a good time for another scarf. The oven mit might be neat but after the loot crate fiasco i doubt they would risk it. I am hoping for a christmas stocking in the december box
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:57 pm

saul_damascus wrote:Seems like the Strange box would be a good time for another scarf. The oven mit might be neat but after the loot crate fiasco i doubt they would risk it. I am hoping for a christmas stocking in the december box

I hope not, more shirts, not more unneeded crap like a scarf, stocking or ornaments. The value comes from the shirt and pop. Missing either of them is a rip off. No more crap boxes funko!!

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Got an email saying box should be coming soon, can't wait to see! I do kinda hope it's like a doc strange scarf or something unique.
2012 Rookie of the Year

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:Got an email saying box should be coming soon, can't wait to see! I do kinda hope it's like a doc strange scarf or something unique.

How is your box coming soon? Isn't it open until the 15th. :-k

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:35 pm

funkystark wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:Got an email saying box should be coming soon, can't wait to see! I do kinda hope it's like a doc strange scarf or something unique.

I got the notification of the box shipping soon too on the 1st...although you make a very valid point Mike about the 15th.. Hmmm... :-k

I'm very excited for this box nevertheless!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:14 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
funkystark wrote:

I got the notification of the box shipping soon too on the 1st...although you make a very valid point Mike about the 15th.. Hmmm... :-k

I'm very excited for this box nevertheless!

i GOT THAT SAME EMAIL. Its just a courtesy email stating that your box is ready to be shipped but probably wont until the 15th of the month. Though last time i got my box way before the 15th which was a nice surprise.
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:23 am

FredKruger wrote:
saul_damascus wrote:Seems like the Strange box would be a good time for another scarf. The oven mit might be neat but after the loot crate fiasco i doubt they would risk it. I am hoping for a christmas stocking in the december box

I hope not, more shirts, not more unneeded crap like a scarf, stocking or ornaments. The value comes from the shirt and pop. Missing either of them is a rip off. No more crap boxes funko!!

There is no value in the shirt. I've tried to rid myself of extra shirts and it just isn't happening.

People get these for the Pop and the Pop alone.

Sometimes the pins.
Funklub: 11181

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:26 am

Squird wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

There is no value in the shirt. I've tried to rid myself of extra shirts and it just isn't happening.

People get these for the Pop and the Pop alone.

Sometimes the pins.

I agree the shirts have gone down hill. I wish they were more of the pop t quality, and that there was the option for women's shirts.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Squird

Postby Squird » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:46 pm

I've kept a few, but honest truth, I AM too old to wear some of them. They're juvenile. Doesn't mean they're not cool, I happen to look ridiculous in them. Hats are the same way, some people can wear that style of hat. I am not one of them. If they did a faded out, unstructured hat, I'd be all over that.
Funklub: 11181

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:24 am

Squird wrote:I've kept a few, but honest truth, I AM too old to wear some of them. They're juvenile. Doesn't mean they're not cool, I happen to look ridiculous in them. Hats are the same way, some people can wear that style of hat. I am not one of them. If they did a faded out, unstructured hat, I'd be all over that.

I switched to the XS for my son to wear the shirts.... but not everyone has that option. Maybe someone else in the family or friends that might appreciate it?

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:21 pm

I seem to be getting a lot of e-mails from MCC about this one. A lot more than with any previous boxes. And they have a discount code, which I haven't seen them do before (I may be wrong on that).

I wonder if they have a lot less subscribers for this one than usual?

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:51 pm

ruxy_100 wrote:I seem to be getting a lot of e-mails from MCC about this one. A lot more than with any previous boxes. And they have a discount code, which I haven't seen them do before (I may be wrong on that).

I've been wondering the same thing. I've been getting the emails too. I'm not subscribed for this box because I find this movie to be the least interesting one they've made since the MCU began. Marvel Pops take up a significant percentage of my collection, but I'm skipping the Doctor Strange line altogether.

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:59 pm

ruxy_100 wrote:I seem to be getting a lot of e-mails from MCC about this one. A lot more than with any previous boxes. And they have a discount code, which I haven't seen them do before (I may be wrong on that).

I noticed that too. My son and I both used to subscribe, but we dropped one after the Christmas box debacle and dropped the other after that awful Year One Hikari box, errrr I mean Year One box. I'm guessing a lot of others got fed up too. And now they're trying to drum up interest, like you I've been getting a lot of messages reminding me time is almost up to activate my subs again. Maybe they should just do the same as the SW box and tell people what's in it, if it's awesome then people will want it and sign back up.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Anyone know what the code was for the discount? I saw it while scrolling Facebook a few days ago, but now that I'm seriously thinking about ordering I can't find the code anywhere... ](*,)
wenhol8710 on Instagram

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:18 pm

treswright wrote:

I noticed that too. My son and I both used to subscribe, but we dropped one after the Christmas box debacle and dropped the other after that awful Year One Hikari box, errrr I mean Year One box. I'm guessing a lot of others got fed up too. And now they're trying to drum up interest, like you I've been getting a lot of messages reminding me time is almost up to activate my subs again. Maybe they should just do the same as the SW box and tell people what's in it, if it's awesome then people will want it and sign back up.

Agreed, I actually cancelled and reactivated for this box. They have spoiled the pop in the box, but not much else. I agree the mystery element, and trusting funko to provide value is no longer an option after that scarf, Hikari, and these snap back hats. Sales would go up if they revealed contents early IMO

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:38 am

wenhol8710 wrote:Anyone know what the code was for the discount? I saw it while scrolling Facebook a few days ago, but now that I'm seriously thinking about ordering I can't find the code anywhere... ](*,)

DoctorStrange5off

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you guys know that they revealed that there would be a shirt in the box on Twitter. My guess is that they're trying to get back all of the people who canceled after their little hat fiasco.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:44 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you guys know that they revealed that there would be a shirt in the box on Twitter. My guess is that they're trying to get back all of the people who canceled after their little hat fiasco.

My son loves that hat lol

michellepop
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby michellepop » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Super excited for the tshirt!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:52 am

Dr. Strange meditating POP tee. Please....
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Return to “Powered by Funko”