Woman's Shirt Option???

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Vinyl4Blood

Woman's Shirt Option???

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Why is there no woman's shirt option? My wife and daughter both really like the designs on the shirts, but the men's shirts don't fit them.

Would anyone else like to see a Woman's shirt option in the Powered By Funko boxes? What is your opinion?
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Shalee04

Re: Woman's Shirt Option???

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:17 pm

I for One would love the option to have women's shirts or tanks. We subscribe to all the boxes and cannot use the shirts as they are NOT flattering to ladies.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Shalee04 wrote:I for One would love the option to have women's shirts or tanks.

Especially since the next Legion of Collectors box is "Women of DC"... you would think this would be the perfect time to debut women's options.

Tanks would be good too.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:51 pm

I have asked a few times on Twitter during their Q&A's and have never gotten a response back. The men's XS fit okay, but still baggy. I wish they had proper sizes!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:13 pm

I have struggled with this for a long time, especially as I have grown older and gotten more curves. I would rather wear a fitted shirt versus a uni-sex that is baggy at my waist and tight on my hips. If they do add the option I hope it will be woman sizing and not junior sizing.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

chocominties

Postby chocominties » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:16 pm

Yeah ... I recently signed up for Smuggler's Bounty so I have no first-hand experience with the shirts as of yet. But I decided to go off of my hip size and then will probably just wear the shirt with leggings.

Assuming it's long enough.

I've always had a very pear-shaped figure (no chest, wide hips) so men's sizes are no bueno. However, I had some good luck with men's T-shirts at Target, so I have my fingers crossed that these will fit similarly. (So of course they won't.)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:19 am

chocominties wrote:Yeah ... I recently signed up for Smuggler's Bounty so I have no first-hand experience with the shirts as of yet. But I decided to go off of my hip size and then will probably just wear the shirt with leggings.

I've always had a very pear-shaped figure (no chest, wide hips) so men's sizes are no bueno. However, I had some good luck with men's T-shirts at Target, so I have my fingers crossed that these will fit similarly. (So of course they won't.)

Just curious do you know which ones you have had luck with at target? I bought some a few years back and they fit horrible and I gave them to my stick figure nieces.

I have been getting medium in the boxes but since they are unisex I haven't even bothered to take them out of the package, I think I have over 300 T-shirts so don't have the need. If they were women's they would have been ripped open by now :)
ISO Pockets Snapsie

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:37 pm

I hope if they do make women's sizes in the future, they go back and print that rad Spider Gwen one! I thought it was silly that they didn't have women's sizes for the Women of Marvel box.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:16 pm

NCDS wrote:
chocominties wrote:Yeah ... I recently signed up for Smuggler's Bounty so I have no first-hand experience with the shirts as of yet. But I decided to go off of my hip size and then will probably just wear the shirt with leggings.

Just curious do you know which ones you have had luck with at target? I bought some a few years back and they fit horrible and I gave them to my stick figure nieces.

I have been getting medium in the boxes but since they are unisex I haven't even bothered to take them out of the package, I think I have over 300 T-shirts so don't have the need. If they were women's they would have been ripped open by now :)

I have had good luck with the slim fit men's t-shirts at Target. I would rather have a youth sized t-shirt though than a juniors sized t-shirt. I feel like mostly novelty shirts in women's sizes are juniors.

chocominties

Postby chocominties » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:38 pm

They were the men's Star Wars shirts. I went with the L (for reference, I wear a US 8) and that size fits nicely. It's a bit long, but I like wearing dresses and tunics and such with leggings or skinny jeans, so it worked out for me. I also don't like shirts that are oppressively tight, and it gave me enough room to breathe.

My one problem with women's shirts is that, as someone mentioned, they tend to be Juniors sizing and then I still can't wear them. I wind up with an XL or 1X when I ordinarily wear an M because I hate tight shirts, and then the sleeves are always those god-awful cap sleeves. If the boxes got women's shirts, I would hope they would just be curvy cut regular tee shirts and not the tissue paper-weight, too-tight tees everyone seems to think I want to wear.

But who knows? Maybe I'll be happy with the cut of these.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:29 am

allhermight wrote:
I have had good luck with the slim fit men's t-shirts at Target. I would rather have a youth sized t-shirt though than a juniors sized t-shirt. I feel like mostly novelty shirts in women's sizes are juniors.

Unfortunatley I have found my breast are too big for the slim fit shirts. Maybe Women's shirts should have a multiple size so it includes breasts for me I would need a M-L I wear mediums but a large breast, those with smaller breast but size 8-10 could get M-S. I know it's a pipe dream but it would be amazing!
ISO Pockets Snapsie

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:25 am

NCDS wrote:
allhermight wrote:

Unfortunatley I have found my breast are too big for the slim fit shirts. Maybe Women's shirts should have a multiple size so it includes breasts for me I would need a M-L I wear mediums but a large breast, those with smaller breast but size 8-10 could get M-S. I know it's a pipe dream but it would be amazing!

What an awesome idea \:D/ =D> =D>
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:08 pm

good idea.

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:20 pm

Junior sized shirts are the devil for us larger chested ladies. I have to buy a XXL in those when I can fit into a men's medium - I hate it. But I would appreciate something that is just a normal woman's size because men's shirts can be so boxy, ugh.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

cynicalsim

Postby cynicalsim » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:43 am

I actually prefer unisex shirts. I wear the xs in this box, and it fits a little loose except in the bust (and I am not large-chested), but it looks good. I hate tight, tight clothes even though hubby would encourage it. lol

f1fan82

Postby f1fan82 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:22 pm

I gave my gf my Women of DC shirt and she loves the design but it hits her funny in the shoulders. I think it's idiotic they don't size for women..

jact

Postby jact » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:46 pm

My batman v superman shirt was used as a night gown before arizona finally got cold like 10 minutes ago. But it would be nice to have a shirt I could wear other than for sleeping.
Also, I wish the caps were normally baseball tees as they are slightly more fitting for my head than the snapbacks.
Total pops: 42
Holy Grail: Dr. Doom

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:05 pm

I agree about the shirts...I sleep in them because I can't make them work because they are so baggy. I would totally wear a nice dolman, tank top or fitted tee.
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:06 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:I for One would love the option to have women's shirts or tanks.

Especially since the next Legion of Collectors box is "Women of DC"... you would think this would be the perfect time to debut women's options.

Tanks would be good too.

Tanks would be amazing!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:01 am

I would hope/assume that women's versions will be offered for the Disney boxes. The one thing I want to see changed about the women's shirts is the neckline. It is too high IMO. I personally don't like necklines that are so high that I can't easily get my head through them without messing up my hair in the process. The high necklines are from an aesthetic standpoint less flattering as well. Lowering the neckline by two or three inches would really make a difference, but still leave plenty of room for the character(s) on the shirt. I haven't bought a number of shirts that have been released because of the neckline.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Yes, please bring in girly sizes!!
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:02 am

I'm the opposite. I am thin but have very broad man shoulders, so women's shirt sleeves turn into tanks and squueze my upper arm. So I have to sign up for things as men/unisex or no go.

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sat May 06, 2017 7:27 pm

i just downsize what shirt i want. Normally im a large in mens but with Funko shirts I go medium.
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

Return to “Powered by Funko”