Smuggler's Bounty - Why no UK shipping?

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
pottertub86

Smuggler's Bounty - Why no UK shipping?

Postby pottertub86 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:19 am

Hi!

Maybe this question has been asked before but does anyone know why Smuggler's Bounty won't ship to the UK?

Is it just they don't have the rights to ship to the UK? On FAQs, it says 'we have the rights to operate this service in US and Canada only'. Is it just a licensing issue?

Does anyone know if there are plans to ship to the UK in the future?

Marvel collector corps ships to the UK, so why not Smuggler's Bounty?

buf12sbr

Re: Smuggler's Bounty - Why no UK shipping?

Postby buf12sbr » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:30 am

It may have to do with distribution and who can sell Star Wars and DC.
Doug
Team Bacon
2016 FunKlub Member - #301
Main Lines HB-HP-SW-Godzilla-Cornetto-Freddy-Deathstroke
ISO: Arrow-Deathstoke Pin set,

EZA

Postby EZA » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:41 am

no idea but that's too bad I know they dont ship to Canada for Funko Shop which I am hoping one day they will....

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

pottertub86

Postby pottertub86 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:40 am

Thanks for the responses, thought I'd ask ;-)

kinda sucks though ](*,)

goldmonkey13

Postby goldmonkey13 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:48 pm

I'm in the U.K. and source my box through Stackry.com. Not for the faint hearted though. Your pay the price of the box, plus U.S. shipping. From the Stackry warehouse you pay (roughly) the price of the box and U.S. shipping again to have it posted to the U.K. Once here it'll be caught by customs - yep, everytime - where you'll pay VAT and a £8 handling fee.

pottertub86

Postby pottertub86 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:58 am

goldmonkey13 wrote:I'm in the U.K. and source my box through Stackry.com. Not for the faint hearted though. Your pay the price of the box, plus U.S. shipping. From the Stackry warehouse you pay (roughly) the price of the box and U.S. shipping again to have it posted to the U.K. Once here it'll be caught by customs - yep, everytime - where you'll pay VAT and a £8 handling fee.

Thanks goldmonkey not heard of this before. Will look into it! But sounds as though it is about double the price! :eek:

Would have to seriously consider if I could justify this :-k

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:22 am

pottertub86 wrote:
goldmonkey13 wrote:I'm in the U.K. and source my box through Stackry.com. Not for the faint hearted though. Your pay the price of the box, plus U.S. shipping. From the Stackry warehouse you pay (roughly) the price of the box and U.S. shipping again to have it posted to the U.K. Once here it'll be caught by customs - yep, everytime - where you'll pay VAT and a £8 handling fee.

Thanks goldmonkey not heard of this before. Will look into it! But sounds as though it is about double the price! :eek:

A slightly better option is to find a Funko friend to forward the box for you. We can ship it as gift to avoid you having to pay the customs part at least. Costs my UK pal $22.50 USD for me to ship the box from my house on the East Coast overseas to UK.
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

pottertub86

Postby pottertub86 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:32 am

Spiffythedog wrote:
pottertub86 wrote:

A slightly better option is to find a Funko friend to forward the box for you. We can ship it as gift to avoid you having to pay the customs part at least. Costs my UK pal $22.50 USD for me to ship the box from my house on the East Coast overseas to UK.

Thanks spiff! This is a possible solution! Will look into this further and look for a Funko friend :freddy2:

Return to “Powered by Funko”