November Legions of Collectors box Batman Villians

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
emk194

Re: November Legions of Collectors box Batman Villians

Postby emk194 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Great. I'm going to need to get the

Spoiler: show
Dorbz!

off eBay or maybe a super awesome Funatic here. :)
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:40 pm

I'm so excited for this box! Love everything.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:47 pm

Just came in here to say that if anyone getting the November Legion Of Collector's box doesn't want the...

Two-Face Dorbz

...I'll happily give him a new home.

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:17 pm

I really like the

Dorbz!
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:19 pm

If anyone doesn't want their pin for this month, let me know :cheers:

That said, I do like the contents of the box here. An awesome Pop and Dorbz, and I really like the colors on the hat. The Joker isn't my favorite villain but he is probably THE Batman Villain everyone thinks of. Hit me up if you wanna unload the mug too lol I just wish they'd have done modern Catwoman, but the classic costume is really nicely done!

J_howlett

Postby J_howlett » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:12 pm

Personally disappointed in the box. So many other pops we could have gotten

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:05 pm

Not a bad box, plenty of other options. Other than excluding a certain item, and putting in another terrible pointless much maligned item instead. Will continue to be wary of D.C. boxes tho for this reason.

jenikinz

Postby jenikinz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:16 pm

I tried not to look at spoilers, but I couldn't help myself. This will be my first box, and I have to say overall I am happy with what is in it.

I was hoping for a cool villain tee, and wish they had that instead of the hat. My husband likes the hat, but he doesn't really wear hats, so it is a bit useless for us.
The mug I could do without, but I do love the joker, and can use it to put things in. It will look nice on my computer desk, in any case.
Personally I love catwoman, and happy with the POP! I also love Dorbz, so I am happy with that too.
I don't do pins, or patches, but they look nice.
Bottom line: I think it is worth the price I paid, and overall happy with the contents of the box.
I can't wait for the next one.
:smt061 Jen

swind15

Postby swind15 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:46 pm

Well this turned out to be a pretty good box. I can't wait to crack mine open when it arrives!

LOVE the dorbz, really like the Pop, and even though the hats look stupid on me, I really like this one.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

wardengorri

Postby wardengorri » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:14 am

See, this is the issue. SO MANY villains to choose from yet they only give us 1 Pop. They could've either swapped the mug or hat for a Batman villain we don't have a Pop of yet, but nope they duped us again. Hence why the hat says "ha ha ha" since Funko is laughing at our positive expectations of these boxes.lol
Hey guys, i'm Drew!

PeachyFox

Postby PeachyFox » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:13 am

This was my first subscription box and also my last. The amount of potential for this box is what hooked me in. At least I was able to use the $5 discount code.

Out of all the Batman villains in the Rogue Gallery for a POP, they choose a character that's "sometimes" a bad guy (at least the modern version I identify with is). I would have actually preferred TAS Catwoman, as this version is unrecognizable to me. I dunno...this Catwoman POP feels like it would have went well with the previous Women of DC box or if they did a Silver Age box. As far as the rest, I'm cool with the mug. The Riddler is my favorite Batman villain, so I really like the pin. That hat....congrats on double dipping on The Joker twice in the same box Funko, because that's an awesome idea! #-o

I would have liked a t-shirt instead of that hat.

I don't collect Dorbz, so this will be the only one I have. At least it's of an actual villain, unlike that POP :rolleyes:

So much wasted potential.

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:32 am

A bad box overall. A couple of items are neat, but a couple others really ruin the box IMO.

The best item is the Two-Face Dorb. It's one of the more interesting looking DC Dorbz they've done. The Pop is ok. Not an outfit I'm familiar with. I, like others, only consider her a part-time villain, so a little bit of a stretch choosing her as the Pop, but not as ridiculous as what Funko did with the Jabba's Palace and Death Star boxes. The hat and mug are the two big misses. Literally the last two product types I would want to get in a box, and two that most people complain about and many unsubscribe because of them, and yet Funko continues to make the same mistake over and over again. This was the perfect opportunity for a t-shirt. I'm glad I didn't order this one.

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:59 pm

I didn't get this box, but really loved the dorbz that was included. Need to get my hand on one.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

janos89

Postby janos89 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:13 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:
janos89 wrote:I know some people like this box but I feel they really missed a great opportunity to put a new villain pop in this box like Mr.freeze and ect. Catwoman is alright but its not that great.

Every box will be a missed opportunity if we weigh the actual contents against our own personal desires. Nothing that I hoped for made it into the box, yet I feel the contents of the box are pretty great. One item will be a give-away, the rest will happily be displayed.

Mr.freeze wasn't my personal desire I just gave a example of a villain a lot of people wanted, my point was they could of made "any" new villain that hasn't been made into a pop yet from DC. And let's be honest the pop you pick for a "villains" box is Catwoman I mean she barely is even a villain.
Hi I'm Johnny! and I'm a funko funatic!
Go Buckeyes!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:39 pm

After watching the video and getting a really good luck at the stuff my opinion hasn't changed much but I am a little more understanding. It took me a minute to actually realize there wasn't a comic Catwoman yet. And she doesn't look half-bad. All in all, I'll probably try to get her down the road but I'm honestly more interested in the Dorbz and the patch and pin right now just because those are the characters I like.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:04 pm

I agree with you 100% SHE IS MORE OF AN ANTI-HERO

janos89 wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:
janos89 wrote:I know some people like this box but I feel they really missed a great opportunity to put a new villain pop in this box like Mr.freeze and ect. Catwoman is alright but its not that great.

Every box will be a missed opportunity if we weigh the actual contents against our own personal desires. Nothing that I hoped for made it into the box, yet I feel the contents of the box are pretty great. One item will be a give-away, the rest will happily be displayed.

Mr.freeze wasn't my personal desire I just gave a example of a villain a lot of people wanted, my point was they could of made "any" new villain that hasn't been made into a pop yet from DC. And let's be honest the pop you pick for a "villains" box is Catwoman I mean she barely is even a villain.
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:06 pm

Man, I wanted to be surprised this time. But I accidentally read a spoiler online about
the Pop and then the Dorbz figure
. So now I've checked the box.

I really like everything inside. Probably my favorite box yet.
And while I thought they could have gone a bit more obscure with the choice of Pop, that Catwoman version is fantastic. Nice to have a comic version of Selina, especially her memorable Bronze Age classic costume.

Can't wait for my box to show up!

TheBatmanGuy

Postby TheBatmanGuy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:45 pm

PeachyFox wrote:This was my first subscription box and also my last. The amount of potential for this box is what hooked me in. At least I was able to use the $5 discount code.

Out of all the Batman villains in the Rogue Gallery for a POP, they choose a character that's "sometimes" a bad guy (at least the modern version I identify with is). I would have actually preferred TAS Catwoman, as this version is unrecognizable to me. I dunno...this Catwoman POP feels like it would have went well with the previous Women of DC box or if they did a Silver Age box. As far as the rest, I'm cool with the mug. The Riddler is my favorite Batman villain, so I really like the pin. That hat....congrats on double dipping on The Joker twice in the same box Funko, because that's an awesome idea! #-o

I don't collect Dorbz, so this will be the only one I have. At least it's of an actual villain, unlike that POP :rolleyes:

I feel like I agree with a lot of what you said. This was my first box and also my last one, as well. It's also dissuaded me from getting the MCC X-Men box.

Long rant incoming:

And the thing is - I'm a Catwoman fan. Even though she's far more anti-hero than a villain, I still would've been very pleased with a Pop! of her in her modern outfit. I would've been ok with her in her B:TAS outfit since the rest of the series is coming out. But this just doesn't make any sense. Not only because she's an anti-hero, as many others have mentioned too, but it's also not like this outfit is something historic and iconic like the outfits of some other heroes/villains. Not only that, but we already have two other Catwoman Pop!s from "The Dark Knight Rises" and the "Batman '66" TV show. If anything, the TV show outfit is likely remembered more than the purple outfit. And if they decided to do Catwoman's most iconic outfit, they likely would've went with the Tim Burton outfit.

So we get a Pop! of someone who's really not a villain in her latest comics (and this isn't something that just happened this year. It's been like this for several years now.) And then the Pop! isn't even of her most iconic outfit, or modern (and arguably, most known) outfit. I wouldn't call it lazy, but it just feels like such an uninspired choice. Batman is so beloved in part because he has (imo) the best rogues gallery of any hero. And so there was so much potential, and yet it feels like it was wasted. I put a lot of stock into the Pop! too, as that's primarily what I bought the box for.

As far as the other stuff, I'll be trying to move it elsewhere. Part of that is because I don't collect stuff other than Pop!'s, but the Dorbz is fine enough. It's just not my thing. But at least if they had included a shirt, it would've got worn some. The hat...not so much. And one size doesn't fit everyone, not even with the snap-back. Not only that but, again, Batman has an amazing rogues gallery and they give us two items with the same villain?

And I actually will go back to the Villains box from MCCC, where they did Morbius. Now, Morbius certainly is far from the first villain you would think of when you think of the most well-known Marvel villains. But at least it feels like there was some thought put into it, due to the fact he may not be as well known to most as say Lizard, Dr. Doom, Red Skull, or Galactus are. But maybe that allows people to get acquainted with a villain that's not at the forefront of everyone's mind. Which would've been fantastic with this box (like if it was B:TAS Scarecrow, Phantasm, etc...). Or it would've been nice to get an updated version of older Pop!s that are too expensive for most (Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face). And if you wanted it to be an anti-hero, Red Hood is one that's an anti-hero and a character we've yet to get a pop of. That doesn't even include the chance for a Pop! we've yet to get one of altogether (Mr. Freeze).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like people buy the subs mostly still for the Pop!. And as a 1st time subscriber, when I subscribe to a box that I feel has a lot of potential and I feel that potential gets wasted? It makes me not want to sign up for anymore boxes. Maybe I'm not being fair about it, though?

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:57 pm

I feel like the choice of POP! in this box falls in line very closely with the thoughts people had with the Marvel Villains box. While the POP! itself isn't bad looking, the character isn't someone I would completely label as a villain.......
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

bonnjer

Postby bonnjer » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:54 pm

I'm fine with the Pop. The rest is "meh" to me. I've bought all of the DC boxes so far and I'll continue to buy them, but this was the first one that I haven't been too thrilled with.

brown

Postby brown » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:03 am

Don't really like the pop, but I'm not going to like everything that comes out. Looking forward to see what's coming out next.

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:44 am

I loved this box. Could they have gone with other choices for characters used for items sure. That's being said everything in the box caught my eye. For the cost you definitely get your money's worth. Also for those of you expecting 2 pops in the box I doubt that will happen from here in out. funko wants people to have items from other lines they have. I think we put our expectations on what should be in the box that when it doesn't happen it makes us disappointed. I try to give in to the mystery now. Usually makes me a happy camper even if I don't love every item in a box. Just my two cents.
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

PeachyFox

Postby PeachyFox » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:53 am

TheBatmanGuy wrote:
PeachyFox wrote:This was my first subscription box and also my last. The amount of potential for this box is what hooked me in. At least I was able to use the $5 discount code.

I feel like I agree with a lot of what you said. This was my first box and also my last one, as well. It's also dissuaded me from getting the MCC X-Men box.

Long rant incoming:

And the thing is - I'm a Catwoman fan. Even though she's far more anti-hero than a villain, I still would've been very pleased with a Pop! of her in her modern outfit. I would've been ok with her in her B:TAS outfit since the rest of the series is coming out. But this just doesn't make any sense. Not only because she's an anti-hero, as many others have mentioned too, but it's also not like this outfit is something historic and iconic like the outfits of some other heroes/villains. Not only that, but we already have two other Catwoman Pop!s from "The Dark Knight Rises" and the "Batman '66" TV show. If anything, the TV show outfit is likely remembered more than the purple outfit. And if they decided to do Catwoman's most iconic outfit, they likely would've went with the Tim Burton outfit.

So we get a Pop! of someone who's really not a villain in her latest comics (and this isn't something that just happened this year. It's been like this for several years now.) And then the Pop! isn't even of her most iconic outfit, or modern (and arguably, most known) outfit. I wouldn't call it lazy, but it just feels like such an uninspired choice. Batman is so beloved in part because he has (imo) the best rogues gallery of any hero. And so there was so much potential, and yet it feels like it was wasted. I put a lot of stock into the Pop! too, as that's primarily what I bought the box for.

As far as the other stuff, I'll be trying to move it elsewhere. Part of that is because I don't collect stuff other than Pop!'s, but the Dorbz is fine enough. It's just not my thing. But at least if they had included a shirt, it would've got worn some. The hat...not so much. And one size doesn't fit everyone, not even with the snap-back. Not only that but, again, Batman has an amazing rogues gallery and they give us two items with the same villain?

And I actually will go back to the Villains box from MCCC, where they did Morbius. Now, Morbius certainly is far from the first villain you would think of when you think of the most well-known Marvel villains. But at least it feels like there was some thought put into it, due to the fact he may not be as well known to most as say Lizard, Dr. Doom, Red Skull, or Galactus are. But maybe that allows people to get acquainted with a villain that's not at the forefront of everyone's mind. Which would've been fantastic with this box (like if it was B:TAS Scarecrow, Phantasm, etc...). Or it would've been nice to get an updated version of older Pop!s that are too expensive for most (Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face). And if you wanted it to be an anti-hero, Red Hood is one that's an anti-hero and a character we've yet to get a pop of. That doesn't even include the chance for a Pop! we've yet to get one of altogether (Mr. Freeze).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like people buy the subs mostly still for the Pop!. And as a 1st time subscriber, when I subscribe to a box that I feel has a lot of potential and I feel that potential gets wasted? It makes me not want to sign up for anymore boxes. Maybe I'm not being fair about it, though?

Well-said. Reflects all of my feeling I didn't say. I mainly subbed for the Pop as well because that's all I collect, and it's not even the choice of character that's disappointing as much as it is for the design. Just a bad idea for this box particular theme. It would have went well for a different line of vintage/origin series or a subscriber box in similar nature, but wasted on for this Bat Villains box.

I too was tempted to sub to the MCC box based on seeing the theme, but after this experience, I'll just snag whatever the Pop is off ebay.

robertk328

Postby robertk328 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:44 am

Shalee04 wrote:OMG I LOVE this box!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Agreed!

I stayed out of this thread until the box came -- it just arrived, and everything is awesome! The Pop isn't 100% perfect for standing but he/she/it is ok. A bit of museum putty on the feet will take care of that ;-)

This was our first DC box (we're big Marvel fans) and it did not disappoint!

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:21 pm

I really have to disagree with the statements that say that the Pops' look is not iconic.

This is Catwoman's classic Bronze Age costume. In fact, it's one she first wore a variation of all the way back during the Golden Age. This costume is often seen on merchandise today, and no other Catwoman costume has spanned so much time. I would argue that it's much more iconic than the suit introduced in the 2000s.

Martian1314

Postby Martian1314 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:26 pm

they could have added a shirt....

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:05 am

They missed a shirt and picket wrong "villain" for the pop. Disappointed
:freddy2:

Funko Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!!!!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Loves the hat and Dorbz. Haven't really been into Pops in months but I'm not totally mad at this one. For those of us who sub to all the boxes another mug is disappointing, in the survey I mentioned we could use some salt and pepper shakers instead of the mug next time.I don't think it's a bad box at all, value seems pretty high this month, I know the hats and mugs aren't for everyone.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

DarthScooby

Postby DarthScooby » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:39 pm

I really liked this box.

First off....NO T SHIRT! That is fine with me. Nothing wrong with getting a T Shirt, but I never really care about the shirt, and it was a nice change of pace. Something I hope they continue to do.

Second off, the box was full of cool stuff. I really liked it. A Dorbz, a Pop, a Comic, the pin and patch, a big *** mug, and a hat. Good times.

And the fact that it's all Bat related.....total win!

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:18 am

I have yearly subscriptions to all 3 boxes, but if they keep giving me hats and mugs, I'm going to have to end all of them.

cfmoran13

Postby cfmoran13 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:48 pm

I got mine today. Haven't opened it yet. I save it for when I get home to open with my daughter.

Unfortunately, some dope on another board spoiled the Pop inside by making creating a new post with absolutely no reference to the subscription box or individual Pop or anything. Apparently, it has the same number as an already-existing Pop.

To make matters worse, my box arrived with a smashed corner and "received in damaged condition" packing tape from the USPS.

hellpop

Postby hellpop » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Rex Mason wrote:I really have to disagree with the statements that say that the Pops' look is not iconic.

This is Catwoman's classic Bronze Age costume. In fact, it's one she first wore a variation of all the way back during the Golden Age. This costume is often seen on merchandise today, and no other Catwoman costume has spanned so much time. I would argue that it's much more iconic than the suit introduced in the 2000s.

Absolutely!

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:53 pm

Ok, I have my box in-hand, so here are my final thoughts on it.

The patch and pin, once again, are great. I really look forward to seeing them every month. The classic Bane mask is nice and the Riddler silhouette on the pin make both very clean-looking. Very Impressed.
The comic is a good read. I stopped reading DC when New 52 screwed everything up, but this one is a good addition. And a nice cover. It doesn't accurately describe the contents of the book, but oh well.
The mug is really cool. My second mug, and I was almost certain we'd see a Joker mug here, so I wasn't upset. I don't know how many Pop mugs a guy needs, but if I only get one every year, I'm good with that. I only sub LoC nowadays and pick-and-choose which other boxes to pick up.
Glad to see a Dorbz again! It's a very well-done piece and will look good with my others. Not much more to say, I can hardly fault a Dorbz...
The Pop is a good one, I think. I'm no Pop collector, so I rarely get worked up about them. Catwoman is a favorite and they chose a nice design. I think we all knew they were going throwback with this one, based on the spoiler art and such. I will admit I expected something from the OG tv series. However, mine doesn't stand on her own. A new issue for me. I'll try to work it out.

And then.....

The hat. The hat looks nice. The heather-grey crown with purple trim is rich-looking. The front emblem isn't terribly gaudy. The cards on the back are a nice touch. The black brim with purple underside completes what is, amazingly, a nice looking hat. Then I put it on....and put it back in the box. Good looking on the shelf doesn't make up for fuggly on my head. The crown is far too high for my taste (I can bend a brim, but I can't shrink the crown). I have a young, as-yet-hairless grandson, whom I refer to as "my little Lex Luthor". The hat will be his once he is old enough.

Now that we have had 2 boxes each containing 2 Joker items, please, Funko, no more Joker. Ever.
Joker and Wolverine. Two great characters that are far too over-sold.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Got my box today. Absolutely love it! Might be my favorite to date...

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:48 pm

I should add that the box itself does a fairly decent job of catching urine. My potting training daughter had an accident while sitting in it today, and it caught most of the mess. So that's another plus, I guess!

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:13 am

No more hats! If this box had a shirt would have been one of the best yet, instead it's another partial disappointment to most.

Hope they read their surveys. If this is any indication of future boxes, lots of cancels coming in the future. I cancelled for legacy, will wait for spoilers on that one.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:16 am

Mine arrived yesterday.
I stand with the fact that the Dorb and the POP are great! There were so many choices that 2 POPs would have been better or maybe a villain we didn't already have a version of. But in the end...both great!
The mug has grown on me. I really didn't like the idea of getting one as I do not drink coffee or eat soup. But it is working out for me and is better than I thought. That being said...I do not need another one lol
The hat is still a big no for me. I do not wear them as it is and could not even give it to my kids lol So it is sitting in a closet collecting dust
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:51 pm

Really enjoyed this box even though my kids claimed all of the items with the exception of the mug. I know I am in the minority, but I will take as many mugs as I can get. I love them. My daughter claimed dibs on the hat and the Pop! and my son was thrilled to add the Dorbz to his collection.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

nguyen.mickey

Postby nguyen.mickey » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:57 am

super late to the party, but I thought the box was good as well. I really liked the pin and patch, the mug is now being used at work by the wife, and a brand new Catwoman pop that I can't complain about! The only thing I probably won't use is the hat
Check out the wife's blog! She would love getting everybody's thoughts and views! She mostly blogs about her insane amounts of Batman stuff. A ton of which happen to be Funko Pops!

http://batmanandwhiskey.blogspot.com/

Return to “Powered by Funko”