MCC December X-Men

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
keyese

Re: MCC December X-Men

Postby keyese » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:06 am

funko_vinz wrote:Off question: Has anyone ever received a replacement Pop from Funko? I received my X-Men box, and the ride was damaged. I emailed them to see if I can get a replacement. Do I need to send back the damaged ride or can I toss it when I receive the replacement? Thanks!

I have! I got a really messed up Smuggler's Bounty box, and the pop inside was damaged and the box was destroyed. I sent them a few pictures and asked if I could please have the pop replaced, and they were able to send me a new one no problem. They let me keep the damaged one (I was able to fix it up a bit and give it to a friend who doesn't collect/didn't mind the box being vaporized).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:52 am

kihou wrote:
funko_vinz wrote:Off question: Has anyone ever received a replacement Pop from Funko? I received my X-Men box, and the ride was damaged. I emailed them to see if I can get a replacement. Do I need to send back the damaged ride or can I toss it when I receive the replacement? Thanks!

I have! I got a really messed up Smuggler's Bounty box, and the pop inside was damaged and the box was destroyed. I sent them a few pictures and asked if I could please have the pop replaced, and they were able to send me a new one no problem. They let me keep the damaged one (I was able to fix it up a bit and give it to a friend who doesn't collect/didn't mind the box being vaporized).

Thank you for the info!

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:14 am

Jezter wrote:Will we see the official spoiler youtube video tonight, or maybe tomorrow, since the box closes today?
I usually don't like spoilers...but I am too excited for this box!!

WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

Yoko & Cameron dive into the December Marvel Collector Corps box, X-Men!

What was your favorite item in the box?

http://www.collectorcorps.com

http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=71905&start=40&hilit=YouTube
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:10 am

My box arrived last night (didn't get a shipping notification, but my delivery people have been awesome lately!), and I LOVE it! Haven't fallen down the Rock Candy rabbit hole yet, but this may change things. I like it almost as much as the Ride, and that's saying something for me.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:17 pm

Have to say I'm disappointed in the contents myself. I find them a little lazy as it's mostly just a copy of Daryl's chopper as others have said. I'm not a rock candy guy so I for sure am not feeling that, but even if I was, why Mystique? She may be somewhat popular, but we already have 52 Logan/Wolverine products and Mystique has been made as well in a few different forms but my question is why not someone else? It's frustrating to see two or three people used when you have a laundry list full of others to use, several being more popular. It comes off as incredibly lazy. I had high hopes for this box since it's an all-time favorite title so I may be a little harser than most, I will admit that. Im glad some people liked the contents though for sure, but I wouldn't mind a little more creativity. And before I hear the "value" argument, I'll say it straight up: I don't care about value. These things could retail for $4 dollars and as long as I like them, it's fine. I decided to spend the money on the year membership, so it's on me if I don't feel it's worth what I spent. Can't be mad about that on my end.

popfiles

Postby popfiles » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:57 pm

I wasn't crazy about this one, good thing nothing was damaged.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:31 pm

how is Logan's cycle lazy? I am not a motorcycle guy but how different can a bike like that be? It's been retooled, different paint. Enough difference for me. They could swap tires and put some flame wheels on it and I would be happy to have for ghostrider.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:46 pm

I am still baffled at people who say there are too many Wolverines. Prior to the recent Pop and mini waves there was only a small amount of Wolverine pops, almost all of which were exactly the same, except repaints. I only have four Wolverines and I've been collecting for over two years, and was never able to get Logan, unmasked Wolverine or the gitd Wolverine, so that only leaves me with 4 original Wolverines, far from a lot. If you want to count the dorbz, we only have 2. A few wobblers, and that's about it. Far from the amount of Iron Man, Captain Americas and Deadpools out there.

Personally, I'm excited for the new Pops of him in stores, plus the Weapon X pop and the 2 minis, I've been dying for Funko to make more of him since I started collecting, and him on the bike, quite frankly is pretty awesome. I understand a lot of this is an opinion, but in the grand scheme, prior to the recent releases, we really didn't have that many Wolverines, so I really don't understand that line of thinking.

No hate, just don't get it. For me, I want more and more Wolverines, I want Batman level Wolverines. Patch, Feral Wolverine, Savage Wolverine, Battle Damaged Wolverine etc etc etc. That's just me though. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:how is Logan's cycle lazy? I am not a motorcycle guy but how different can a bike like that be? It's been retooled, different paint. Enough difference for me. They could swap tires and put some flame wheels on it and I would be happy to have for ghostrider.

Heck, if they wanted to make original Ghost Rider on his classic bike, Danny Ketch GR with the flaming wheels, Blade on a bike, Punisher on a bike and so forth, I'd buy them all! :D But Ghost Rider 110%!! \:D/

Pops!- 716ish

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:14 pm

I feel like lazy is the wrong word, perhaps.

And really, we see this same sorta argument come up month after month with all of the Funko boxes. I think it just comes down to expectations for what these boxes should be. There’s two sides to it, I think.

There’s a group that’s just looking for cool things, which is most definitely a valid want. The idea of getting ANY ride in a subscription box is amazing, so it doesn’t really matter WHAT the ride is, or WHO the character is, because the end result looks pretty awesome. Wolverine’s Motorcycle falls into that category. As does Levitating Dr. Strange, R2-D2 Serving Drinks.

Then, there are people who feel that 'casual' fans get a ton of popular options, and want the boxes to cater to 'hardcore' fans with more obscure and lesser known characters, ones who likely cannot be made into Pop form any other way because of how poorly they would sell. The boxes DO offer that sometimes with people like Squirrel Girl, Snaggletooth.

And what happens is... when the box has a boring-looking new character (like Grand Moff Tarkin), the first group complains. When the box has an old character in a cool look (like Action Pose Spidey), the second group complains. So it’s hard to make everyone happy because there’s no agreement to what SHOULD be in the boxes.

That’s a problem though, because these are SUBSCRIPTION boxes, meaning that the groups can’t pick and choose. Everybody is forced into getting all of the boxes -- including the months they don’t like -- in order to get the ones that they do enjoy. If the boxes had better consistency, then fans could decide if this was really their 'style' of subscription box and choose accordingly. But that’s just hard to do right now.

(As for my opinion, I fall into the second group -- wish we would have gotten a new character that has little chance of being made.)

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:44 pm

DocRamon wrote:I feel like lazy is the wrong word, perhaps.

And really, we see this same sorta argument come up month after month with all of the Funko boxes. I think it just comes down to expectations for what these boxes should be. There’s two sides to it, I think.

There’s a group that’s just looking for cool things, which is most definitely a valid want. The idea of getting ANY ride in a subscription box is amazing, so it doesn’t really matter WHAT the ride is, or WHO the character is, because the end result looks pretty awesome. Wolverine’s Motorcycle falls into that category. As does Levitating Dr. Strange, R2-D2 Serving Drinks.

Then, there are people who feel that 'casual' fans get a ton of popular options, and want the boxes to cater to 'hardcore' fans with more obscure and lesser known characters, ones who likely cannot be made into Pop form any other way because of how poorly they would sell. The boxes DO offer that sometimes with people like Squirrel Girl, Snaggletooth.

And what happens is... when the box has a boring-looking new character (like Grand Moff Tarkin), the first group complains. When the box has an old character in a cool look (like Action Pose Spidey), the second group complains. So it’s hard to make everyone happy because there’s no agreement to what SHOULD be in the boxes.

That’s a problem though, because these are SUBSCRIPTION boxes, meaning that the groups can’t pick and choose. Everybody is forced into getting all of the boxes -- including the months they don’t like -- in order to get the ones that they do enjoy. If the boxes had better consistency, then fans could decide if this was really their 'style' of subscription box and choose accordingly. But that’s just hard to do right now.

(As for my opinion, I fall into the second group -- wish we would have gotten a new character that has little chance of being made.)

Can't say I disagree with you, and I think the sub boxes all, fall under the "can't please all of the people all of the time" saying, and that will never change. I only collect the MCC and try to be open minded, but I have skipped a couple boxes and have yet to regret it. I think the villain box falls into the obscure character range too, as a lot of people either didn't know Morbius, or didn't care about him, but I loved it. Opinions are like...well...you know. :D

:freddy2:

Pops!- 716ish

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:19 am

DocRamon wrote:
Spoiler: show
I feel like lazy is the wrong word, perhaps.

I think I'm somebody who falls in between. I always hope for one of the more obscure characters who are not a variant and I am always diapointed when I see the Funko unboxing and it's an action pose. However, whenever I get the box, I tend to always enjoy the contents, except the disaster box, I'm sorry I meant GOTG box.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:29 am

Lots of good points being brought up, and I can respect what everyone is saying. I guess that what I mean with lazy is I would believe that the other X-Men who are really mainstream would have been a much better choice than the ride with a character we already have with a ride that, for the most part, we've already seen as well. I have seen and heard people say they'd like Gambit, Rogue, Bishop, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, a non-phoenix Jean Grey and especially Iceman. He was probably the one I heard the most. I will say this though, it's not the worst choice ever but I just feel other avenues may have been a better route to making more people happy.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:44 am

Got my box today which is good because it was getting really hard to avoid spoilers! The ride was predictable, I mean most of us called it, but that being said it is an awesome ride. The bike looks sweet and I like the Logan pop a lot. Is it just me or is the ringer tee a bit smaller than their other shirts? Usually the shirts are kinda loose and comfy on me but this one is actually a bit tight. I don't really wear ringer tees but its cool looking so no complaints here. Plus its not a hat or scarf so thats always good lol. I was a little disappointed when I saw the Rock Candy just because I've never had an interest but out of the box I actually like it quite a bit! May even pick up another one or two to go along with her. All in all a solid box. I understand why some people aren't too happy with it but I certainly am.
Higher, Further, Faster

doao

Postby doao » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:31 am

So far I would put all the MCC Pops in two categories.

Hulkbuster, Jane Foster, Miles Morales, Morbius, and Squirrel Girl were brand new Pops characters that only exist through the MCC subscription.

Unmasked Antman, Rocket and Groot, Deadpool, Captain America and Ironman, Spiderman, Dr. Strange and Logan are all Pops that exist in very similar variants.

To me that's 7 boxes that contained variants of existing Pops as opposed to only 4 boxes that contained Pops of unique characters. I hope that it becomes a little more balanced as MCC continues.

I'm someone who wants a new character in Pop form. I'm not saying I hate the Civil War two pack or any other of those Pops. I just want a more balanced ratio of new to variant.

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:06 am

ScarletFunko wrote: Is it just me or is the ringer tee a bit smaller than their other shirts? Usually the shirts are kinda loose and comfy on me but this one is actually a bit tight.

Yes. I switched to a medium a few boxes ago. Ran very large. This thing is SO DOPE yet I think it is gonna be too small.

Gonna have to go secondary market to find a large.
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:19 am

I was anticipating a cartoon-y shirt, so I changed the size to small so I could give it to my son. Now it's not a cartoon-y shirt, so I actually wish I'd kept it at XL.

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:21 pm

If anyone needs a laugh, my box arrived two days ago and just now I got an email saying my box was shipping soon! lol lol
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:04 pm

Personally, I don't care if the bike is only a slight modification of an existing item. How many of your vinyl colectibles are straight-up repaints? I suppose we could argue all day long that every single character should be a completely new mold, but that isn't likely to happen.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:16 pm

doao wrote:So far I would put all the MCC Pops in two categories.

Hulkbuster, Jane Foster, Miles Morales, Morbius, and Squirrel Girl were brand new Pops characters that only exist through the MCC subscription.

Unmasked Antman, Rocket and Groot, Deadpool, Captain America and Ironman, Spiderman, Dr. Strange and Logan are all Pops that exist in very similar variants.

To me that's 7 boxes that contained variants of existing Pops as opposed to only 4 boxes that contained Pops of unique characters. I hope that it becomes a little more balanced as MCC continues.

I'm someone who wants a new character in Pop form. I'm not saying I hate the Civil War two pack or any other of those Pops. I just want a more balanced ratio of new to variant.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Well put my friend. Well put.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

HouseNoettestad

Postby HouseNoettestad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:18 pm

[quote="Jezter"]I am still baffled at people who say there are too many Wolverines. Prior to the recent Pop and mini waves there was only a small amount of Wolverine pops, almost all of which were exactly the same, except repaints. [n/quote]

The reason I am kind of annoyed is that there are SO many characters in the xmen. And way to many of the Xmen are being ignored. Deadpool and batman have a hundred variants, but there isn't nearly as many characters. They are the unquestioned main character in those series. The part that makes Xmen cool is that they are a team of mutants who are all valuable and extremely powerful. There is no clear cut winner, even within the fandom everyone has their favorite. Sure many people will say Wolverine is their favorite, others will say magneto, others bishop, others rogue, storm, beast, phoenix, etc.

I'm kind of annoyed is that it seems like there isn't an Xmen fan at funko. Some lines are really well handled in terms of cool unique variants of random one off characters (strange suits of batman) or the incredible variation in the Game of thrones and Harry Potter lines. Xmen is on the same level if you are talking about individual character possibilities.

Wow, I had a lot pent up apparently. I love Xmen, so I tend to rant. My bad yall.

That said, I loved the box. I really like the ride, sure it's daryl chopper slightly changed, but it looks amazing. Mystique has such a great pose and the shirt is exactly what I want in a funko shirt. I would rather wear a cool xmen shirt that doesn't have pop! Artwork on it. I love pops, but I don't need to wear the shirts.
Pops- 400+ in total (225 keepers)
Dorbz - 16
PSH 200

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:39 pm

wsm10 wrote:Lots of good points being brought up, and I can respect what everyone is saying. I guess that what I mean with lazy is I would believe that the other X-Men who are really mainstream would have been a much better choice than the ride with a character we already have with a ride that, for the most part, we've already seen as well. I have seen and heard people say they'd like Gambit, Rogue, Bishop, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, a non-phoenix Jean Grey and especially Iceman. He was probably the one I heard the most. I will say this though, it's not the worst choice ever but I just feel other avenues may have been a better route to making more people happy.

The thing is, we have no idea what licenses and agreements there are in place between Funko and Marvel. I believe a lot of people think that Funko has total free range to do ANY character they feel like, but I'm sure franchises like Marvel/X-Men have a LOT of say about who Funko can create and how many they want to see. And if a franchise wanted to push a specific character because of an upcoming movie or comic release, they would probably ask companies like Funko to be more heavy-handed with the production of that character. I think there are a lot of things like this happening in the background; I don't think Funko is up there laughing about how they're going to suddenly dump a lot of one character on us and nobody else :tongue:
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:46 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
wsm10 wrote:Lots of good points being brought up, and I can respect what everyone is saying. I guess that what I mean with lazy is I would believe that the other X-Men who are really mainstream would have been a much better choice than the ride with a character we already have with a ride that, for the most part, we've already seen as well. I have seen and heard people say they'd like Gambit, Rogue, Bishop, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, a non-phoenix Jean Grey and especially Iceman. He was probably the one I heard the most. I will say this though, it's not the worst choice ever but I just feel other avenues may have been a better route to making more people happy.

The thing is, we have no idea what licenses and agreements there are in place between Funko and Marvel. I believe a lot of people think that Funko has total free range to do ANY character they feel like, but I'm sure franchises like Marvel/X-Men have a LOT of say about who Funko can create and how many they want to see. And if a franchise wanted to push a specific character because of an upcoming movie or comic release, they would probably ask companies like Funko to be more heavy-handed with the production of that character. I think there are a lot of things like this happening in the background; I don't think Funko is up there laughing about how they're going to suddenly dump a lot of one character on us and nobody else :tongue:

That's a good point and I thought of that, but then also saw that we had a few different things happening with mystery mini's and dorbz that shows they seem to have rights to Iceman, Juggernaut and crystalized Emma Frost, all three in my opinion would have been more exciting. But I for sure get what you're saying. Its tricky and we don't always know everything going on. Off topic, but I really like the Team Cuddles picture you got. That cracks me up!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:49 pm

HouseNoettestad wrote:
Jezter wrote:I am still baffled at people who say there are too many Wolverines. Prior to the recent Pop and mini waves there was only a small amount of Wolverine pops, almost all of which were exactly the same, except repaints. [n/quote]

The reason I am kind of annoyed is that there are SO many characters in the xmen. And way to many of the Xmen are being ignored. Deadpool and batman have a hundred variants, but there isn't nearly as many characters. They are the unquestioned main character in those series. The part that makes Xmen cool is that they are a team of mutants who are all valuable and extremely powerful. There is no clear cut winner, even within the fandom everyone has their favorite. Sure many people will say Wolverine is their favorite, others will say magneto, others bishop, others rogue, storm, beast, phoenix, etc.

I'm kind of annoyed is that it seems like there isn't an Xmen fan at funko. Some lines are really well handled in terms of cool unique variants of random one off characters (strange suits of batman) or the incredible variation in the Game of thrones and Harry Potter lines. Xmen is on the same level if you are talking about individual character possibilities.

Wow, I had a lot pent up apparently. I love Xmen, so I tend to rant. My bad yall.

That said, I loved the box. I really like the ride, sure it's daryl chopper slightly changed, but it looks amazing. Mystique has such a great pose and the shirt is exactly what I want in a funko shirt. I would rather wear a cool xmen shirt that doesn't have pop! Artwork on it. I love pops, but I don't need to wear the shirts.

I can't really disagree with you, I am extremely happy we got a lot of new X-Men Pops lately, especially Archangel, Cable and Weapon X, but there are still a few I am in extreme need of, like Nightcrawler, Bishop and Iceman, plus many many more, so I totally understand people who were hoping for something more. I just didn't understand the Wolverine hate from others, but that's personal opinion stuff, and I personally think he's a great character. I was just pointing out that people that complain about him having too many Pops etc, were more or less wrong, especially if you are talking about before the most recent releases. And never, ever feel bad about being long winded about the X-Men, I could talk about them all day long, haha!!

Pops!- 716ish

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:50 pm

wsm10 wrote:That's a good point and I thought of that, but then also saw that we had a few different things happening with mystery mini's and dorbz that shows they seem to have rights to Iceman, Juggernaut and crystalized Emma Frost, all three in my opinion would have been more exciting. But I for sure get what you're saying. Its tricky and we don't always know everything going on. Off topic, but I really like the Team Cuddles picture you got. That cracks me up!

Yeah, there could be something in play with the different Funko lines too. Sort of like how Star Wars can be bobbleheads but not regular Pops. There could be a lot of caveats and loopholes that we aren't aware of. Also, I'm sure they will continue to produce any Pop that is a good seller, haha.

LOL, thanks! Team Cuddles FTW lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

HouseNoettestad

Postby HouseNoettestad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Being sick of seeing wolverine is understandable but the hate is syupid. He is an AWESOME character.
Dorbz - 16
PSH 200

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:06 pm

HouseNoettestad wrote:Being sick of seeing wolverine is understandable but the hate is syupid. He is an AWESOME character.

I don't know if this is directed at me, but considering all these types of remarks are coming up since I said what I originally said about wolverine, I'll address it. Never once did I say I hate him. I actually like him quite a bit. I'm just wanting different characters and feel like this was a missed opportunity. Don't know where that's all coming from.

HouseNoettestad

Postby HouseNoettestad » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:10 am

From my end, completely not directed at you or anyone. Just in response to some talking about hating wolverine.

I mean absolutely zero offence to anyone on this board.
Dorbz - 16
PSH 200

doao

Postby doao » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:48 am

My issue wasn't that there are too many Wolverines. I just don't understand them releasing Logan, Logan HT exclusive, and Logan MCC all at once. I think releasing those three with Weapon X was a bit excessive. I think The HT Logan should have been the general release with the MCC being the exclusive of Logan in his jacket. I personally think it would have been a fair balance. We don't need two Logan Pops with his jacket on.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:52 pm

I just picked up my box, so here are my thoughts now that I've got the contents in-hand. We're beyond spoiler tags at this point in the thread, so:

The patch and pin are as (almost) always, fantastic. The designs are clean and crisp. The patch has a nice "shimmer" to it. Great job again, Funko.

The shirt is a great design. Even though I don't think I'd ever purposefully buy a "ringer tee", I like the look of it. However, I could see an issue as soon as I unfolded it. It's about 2" too short. I tried it on just to verify, and, sure enough, lifting my arms exposes my stomach. I know there is a certain sub-set of people who like that, but I ain't in it. I don't mind the sleeves hugging my arms, but on this one, they are near circulation-breaking. So, it's a great shirt, but it might be a pajama shirt for me.

I haven't read the comic, but I like the design. The Popified comic covers are a treat for me.

The Rock Candy is exceptional, I think. So far, I had avoided the Marvel ones, because I don't think the current crop is as good as the DC ones. Mystique; however, is great! The bobble, as mentioned in the video, is not particularly noticeable, so that is nice, too. Great item for me.

The Pop Ride is also a fantastic piece. While I'm one of those lamenting the over-use of the Wolverine character, I like what they've done here. I'm fairly new to Funko collecting, so I don't know what they have in the way of Wolverine, but I grew tired of seeing him everywhere years ago. Part of the reason I stopped reading Marvel comics many many MANY moons ago, was because they were putting him in so many books every month just to boost sales. He is a great character, but he is also over-merchandised across the board.

But I digress. This box, in my opinion, is a good one, but it's not without flaws. The shirts need to be made to something resembling an industry-standard size.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:01 am

minusdatails wrote:If anyone needs a laugh, my box arrived two days ago and just now I got an email saying my box was shipping soon! lol lol

My was delivered last Sunday of all days and I got my email Tuesday that it was shipped.

odnar

Postby odnar » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:12 am

Yah the "shipping soon" emails were really late for some of us this month. According to DHL tracking mine was delivered on Monday and I got the shipping soon email on Wednesday. My Post Office was a little backed up though and I didn't receive the box from them until Thursday. :rolleyes: It was a little beat up on the outside but the contents were in good shape. Love that Wolverine ride! :cheers:

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:59 pm

I can agree that the shirt is nice, but a little on the small side. There's just a lot of inconsistency in shirt quality from box to box it seems.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Angology

Postby Angology » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:33 pm

My husband washed the shirt and it shrank lengthwise more than width-wise. He was a little bummed about that since he really likes the shirt.
Angela
Instagram: @Angology
ISO: NYCC 2016 Scott Pilgrim Pop

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:39 am

The handlebar on my motorcycle was broken off before they packaged it. I sent an e-mail requesting a replacement and got an automated reply saying that customer service is closed until January.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:34 pm

I love the entire box, but I'll agree with everyone that the shirt was too small. I always wear large, and while it looked right in appearance, as soon as I put it on, it was way too tight, and that was before it was even washed. I ended up re-gifting it to my son for Christmas. Hopefully it won't shrink much when I wash it, but it should fit him fine, so in the end, it will still get used. Bummer though, because I always need new t-shirts and was looking forward to wearing it.

Pops!- 716ish

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:04 pm

Jezter wrote:I love the entire box, but I'll agree with everyone that the shirt was too small. I always wear large, and while it looked right in appearance, as soon as I put it on, it was way too tight, and that was before it was even washed. I ended up re-gifting it to my son for Christmas. Hopefully it won't shrink much when I wash it, but it should fit him fine, so in the end, it will still get used. Bummer though, because I always need new t-shirts and was looking forward to wearing it.

Too small to start with... plus mine shrunk quite a bit. My wife is 5'3" and I'm 6' and it fits here pretty well.

I may even need an XL after shrinkage. Ugh.
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

emcee

Postby emcee » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:28 pm

doao wrote:My issue wasn't that there are too many Wolverines. I just don't understand them releasing Logan, Logan HT exclusive, and Logan MCC all at once. I think releasing those three with Weapon X was a bit excessive. I think The HT Logan should have been the general release with the MCC being the exclusive of Logan in his jacket. I personally think it would have been a fair balance. We don't need two Logan Pops with his jacket on.

Forgot to mention, they already made Logan....
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

Princess

Postby Princess » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:56 pm

I know it's a busy time of year.....but my MCC box has been going back and forward from Elmhurst, IL and Chicago, IL since 7 December 2016. From a Google search, it looks like Elmhurst is a suburb of Chicago? So why it goes back and forth, who knows. If it takes almost 3 weeks to get between those two places...(and still hasn't left Chicago), then I can only imagine how long it will take to get to Australia once it actually leaves the USA lol. I will probably be ready for the February box before I get my December box. It's not a big deal as I had a look at the spoilers, but I just find it really strange. Oh well.....good things come to those who wait....so I will wait for my Logan ride lol.
signature created by bathtub-tigers

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:54 pm

I can finally stop ignoring this thread!!!! My box came :)

I know you have all discussed it in detail but I was so excited it arrived I had to tell the world. Loving my Wolverine on his bike.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Return to “Powered by Funko”