MCC December X-Men

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
NCDS

Re: MCC December X-Men

Postby NCDS » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:37 pm

I'm still hoping for socks in the box. Everyone wears socks! I really don't mind men's socks and I have small feet. I just wash them in hot water and dry them and they almost always fit. With winter here long X-men socks would be perfect.

Honestly if I get another hat I will start canceling these boxes when the year is up. Especially with the lack of variants in the boxes. That was my favorite part.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Wow, I can't believe the sexism smh ... I wear scarves and snapbacks, and would LOVE a Rock Candy in the box. (and I'm a straight male, as if that should make any difference.)

I just reeeeeeallly hope that the Pop isn't Wolverine.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:47 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:

Nooooooooooooo! If you say it out loud it makes it true.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

odnar

Postby odnar » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Although I don't collect the rock candy line I don't mind if they are in a box as long as I get a cool Pop as well. I prefer the boxes that have 2 Pops or a Pop and a Dorbz though...not partial to scarves as I live in San Diego and really don't wear them much. I would rather have a cool shirt or even socks. And I am a guy and I prefer adjustable ball caps over fitted because they are generally less expensive, have more of a selection, and my head seems to be between the sizes I've had to choose from and in the past I've ended up getting a hat that didn't fit well. lol

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:44 pm

O:)
Boba_Fetish wrote:Wow, I can't believe the sexism smh ... I wear scarves and snapbacks, and would LOVE a Rock Candy in the box. (and I'm a straight male, as if that should make any difference.)

I'm holding out hope for Professor X in his Rolls Royce.

Wolverine needs his own box... O:)

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:13 pm

This is one of the few times that I really hope a spoiler appears before the cut off date. I am very much on the fence as whether or not I want it. At the moment I'm leaning towards just going ahead and ordering it but I really want to know what the ride is.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:19 pm

FredKruger wrote:Pop ride will be great, but should have minis, and at least a shirt. They advertise a $50 value, a low selling, likely soon to be defunct line like rock candy doesn't help. The point being, not a fan of rock candy, and hope they can come up with something better for this box.

The thing is, the Pop Rides can be valued at $30-$35 and a shirt is typically $15+. So that's $50 right there. If they include anything else in the box besides the Ride and shirt, it's basically gravy. :freddy2:

And honestly, I only want that Ride (giving the shirt to a friend). I'm not expecting more and am totally fine with paying the $25 and shipping for just the Ride alone. I might be in the minority, but that's my opinion on the box. lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:41 pm

valorandvellum wrote:And honestly, I only want that Ride (giving the shirt to a friend). I'm not expecting more and am totally fine with paying the $25 and shipping for just the Ride alone. I might be in the minority, but that's my opinion on the box. lol

Right there with you =D> Plus here's my take on if they include a Rock Candy or something else I don't "want"...

Some of the MCC boxes had a new Funko product in them. Something called a "Dorbz". I thought "What the heck? I bought this box for Pops, not this!" I put it right back in the box and in my closet. A couple months later after I started collecting Dorbz I went back and dug them out, and had a new appreciation for them.

A LOT of people here thought the mini Hikari in the SB box was going to be a huge flop (including me). Instead, when the boxes started hitting people's hands many set about trying to collect all the color variants!

I only bought one GS box just to see what I might get for a Pop. I figured I could give the Rock Candy away. Well I opened it and wow, that is one amazing figure. She is incredibly detailed and her tattoos are super crisp which is cool because I was straining to see what her tatt's looked like while watching the movie. She's going to my GF's daughter for Christmas, but I am planning on stopping by GS to see if they have any boxes left , and this time I'm keeping the RC!

Funko said a long time ago that one of their goals with these boxes was to introduce new products. I think they've done a good job of giving us the Pops we want and peppering in the new stuff as kind of a bonus. And I think a lot of us have been surprised to find the bonus stuff is actually a lot more cool than we expected.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:06 pm

With a new line of X-minis hitting right now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if minis are included with the Ride (although I'm hoping for some Pint Size Heroes tucked in instead of minis).
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:51 pm

treswright wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:And honestly, I only want that Ride (giving the shirt to a friend). I'm not expecting more and am totally fine with paying the $25 and shipping for just the Ride alone. I might be in the minority, but that's my opinion on the box. lol

Right there with you =D> Plus here's my take on if they include a Rock Candy or something else I don't "want"...

Some of the MCC boxes had a new Funko product in them. Something called a "Dorbz". I thought "What the heck? I bought this box for Pops, not this!" I put it right back in the box and in my closet. A couple months later after I started collecting Dorbz I went back and dug them out, and had a new appreciation for them.

A LOT of people here thought the mini Hikari in the SB box was going to be a huge flop (including me). Instead, when the boxes started hitting people's hands many set about trying to collect all the color variants!

I only bought one GS box just to see what I might get for a Pop. I figured I could give the Rock Candy away. Well I opened it and wow, that is one amazing figure. She is incredibly detailed and her tattoos are super crisp which is cool because I was straining to see what her tatt's looked like while watching the movie. She's going to my GF's daughter for Christmas, but I am planning on stopping by GS to see if they have any boxes left , and this time I'm keeping the RC!

Funko said a long time ago that one of their goals with these boxes was to introduce new products. I think they've done a good job of giving us the Pops we want and peppering in the new stuff as kind of a bonus. And I think a lot of us have been surprised to find the bonus stuff is actually a lot more cool than we expected.

Well said, sir. Well said.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:54 pm

groundhog7s wrote:With a new line of X-minis hitting right now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if minis are included with the Ride (although I'm hoping for some Pint Size Heroes tucked in instead of minis).

Oooooo, either of those would be cool!
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:14 pm

I somehow missed the memo that there was going to be a Pop Ride in this box. I'm that much more excited now! So glad that Funko is finally releasing new X-Men items!!!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:23 pm

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:14 pm

Saucepan wrote:Image

I need this as a poster for work so when parents ask me about these things, I can just point to it.

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Saucepan wrote:Image

=D> =D> =D> =D>
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

absyrd wrote:
groundhog7s wrote:Still hoping for Wolverine claw oven mitts. Would be okay with a beanie too, but only if it looks like Professor X's head.

My head already looks like Prof X. :(

Wolverine claw over mitts. You just sploded my bald head. That'd be amazing.

omg. If Wolverine oven mitts become a thing I'm in. I would die.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:36 pm

Lonikins wrote:
absyrd wrote:
groundhog7s wrote:Still hoping for Wolverine claw oven mitts. Would be okay with a beanie too, but only if it looks like Professor X's head.

Only if the claws are retractable. :cheers:

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:38 pm

morsehawk wrote:
Lonikins wrote:
absyrd wrote:

Exactly.

I could handle Wolverine kabob skewers also.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:43 pm

Y'all make me want an entire box of X-Men kitchen gadgets and accessories. I need Iceman shaped ice cube molds now.

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:59 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:Y'all make me want an entire box of X-Men kitchen gadgets and accessories. I need Iceman shaped ice cube molds now.

Ooh! A spice rack. X-Men spice jars (even if its just the lids) would be so freaking cute.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:01 pm

morsehawk wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:Y'all make me want an entire box of X-Men kitchen gadgets and accessories. I need Iceman shaped ice cube molds now.

Ooh! A spice rack. X-Men spice jars (even if its just the lids) would be so freaking cute.

I mean, I COULD use a real spice rack. And an X-Men one would just be totally awesome.

jact

Postby jact » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:54 pm

Has this shpiped yet? I'm hoping that since they did a Deadpool box around the movies release they'd do a wolverine box for that and leave this box for some other characters.

Also, a beanie would be cool.
Total pops: 42
Holy Grail: Dr. Doom

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:48 am

groundhog7s wrote:
morsehawk wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Exactly.

Okay, Funko needs to make this happen. They already have mugs and salt and pepper shakers. These really are that far fetched, right?
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:11 am

StarWarner wrote:
groundhog7s wrote:
morsehawk wrote:

Exactly.

Okay, Funko needs to make this happen. They already have mugs and salt and pepper shakers. These really are that far fetched, right?

Clearly we need a toaster and waffle maker with interchangeable plates. Hello, Storm waffles.

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:29 pm

All this talk of an oven mitt reminds me, my son gets the Lootcrate sub and one month it came with an oven mitt. About 2 weeks later we got a recall notice, apparently using the mitt could result in severe burns. Maybe they should have called it a mitten instead of an oven mitt lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:11 pm

treswright wrote:All this talk of an oven mitt reminds me, my son gets the Lootcrate sub and one month it came with an oven mitt. About 2 weeks later we got a recall notice, apparently using the mitt could result in severe burns. Maybe they should have called it a mitten instead of an oven mitt lol

I remember that crate. I didn't get it but always wanted the mitt just because it was an Infinity Gauntlet. lol lol lol
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

hellpop

Postby hellpop » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:32 pm

I bought that Infinity Gauntlet oven mitt on eBay. It's cool but flimsy for an oven mitt, so I'm not surprised people got burned.

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Funko would hopefully give us quality oven mitts lol

ImageImageImageImage

swind15

Postby swind15 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:08 pm

All I want is a new character in vinyl form from this box. At this point, I don't care what form it comes in lol.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:00 pm

morsehawk wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:I think the boxes are kinda made to showcase new lines and product.

Also... More women wear snap back hats than men? lol

Still working on that high-fiving through the internet over here. =D>

Can I get in on this high five, too?

I prefer fitted hats and I'm a woman. I guess I don't fit that tidy little female box that's been cut out for me. Oh well. I'll be over here playing with my Barbie dolls.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:03 pm

StarWarner wrote:
morsehawk wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:I think the boxes are kinda made to showcase new lines and product.

Also... More women wear snap back hats than men? lol

Still working on that high-fiving through the internet over here. =D>

Can I get in on this high five, too?

I prefer fitted hats and I'm a woman. I guess I don't fit that tidy little female box that's been cut out for me. Oh well. I'll be over here playing with my Barbie dolls.

Lets plan a play date. I'm in SoCal too! I'm going to go looking for my new Spider-Gwen barbies today!

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:06 pm

I really don't know why everyone is assuming that it is going to have a Mystique Rock Candy. It could be a patch or pin with her. A shirt, hat, scarf, new mini, psh, half transforming Pop or Dorbz. I know that they are just releasing marvel Rock Candy so there is a good chance that it could be in the box. If it is I think it would be great. I have 3 of them myself. LOC Supergirl, SDCC Harley and SDCC Catwoman. I think they are a great addition to my Funko collection. They are not just meant for little girls. Also if they did a Professor X beanie with cerebro that would be amazing :) And a single Dorbz is not called a Dorb it's still a Dorbz.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:18 pm

They tweeted the Mystique teaser again and to me, it's heavily implying her inclusion in the box as more than a side item. I guess we'll see but it'll be cool to finally know what the hell is in this box lol

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:23 pm

A mid transformation Mystique dorbz would be really cool
Higher, Further, Faster

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:25 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:A mid transformation Mystique dorbz would be really cool

Right?! We already know they can split a Dorbz since we have had 2 Two-Face Dorbz recently and we know the Ride is going to be a Pop Rides not a Dorbz Ridez.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:58 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:They tweeted the Mystique teaser again and to me, it's heavily implying her inclusion in the box as more than a side item. I guess we'll see but it'll be cool to finally know what the hell is in this box lol

If this is true then it's going to be one high-value box. Just the Rides and shirt alone already make up for the $50 value. Adding something else like a Dorbz or Rock Candy would be very very generous.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:54 pm

valorandvellum wrote:If this is true then it's going to be one high-value box. Just the Rides and shirt alone already make up for the $50 value. Adding something else like a Dorbz or Rock Candy would be very very generous.

Well with the Ride it's already one of their biggest boxes :cheers: sounds like Funko might just be going all out here

I'm personally hoping it's a Rock Candy but a Dorbz would be awesome too.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:07 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:If this is true then it's going to be one high-value box. Just the Rides and shirt alone already make up for the $50 value. Adding something else like a Dorbz or Rock Candy would be very very generous.

Well with the Ride it's already one of their biggest boxes :cheers: sounds like Funko might just be going all out here

I'm personally hoping it's a Rock Candy but a Dorbz would be awesome too.

That would be sweet if they did go all out! But I'm trying to keep my expectations low so I won't be disappointed. lol I'm telling myself it just comes with a Ride, a shirt, and a patch or sticker. Haha

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:15 pm

valorandvellum wrote:That would be sweet if they did go all out! But I'm trying to keep my expectations low so I won't be disappointed. lol I'm telling myself it just comes with a Ride, a shirt, and a patch or sticker. Haha

I feel like I'm going to love this box no matter what comes in it and I'm gonna try to order it next year. A Mystique changing holographic sticker thing would be kind of cool though lol

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Will we see the official spoiler youtube video tonight, or maybe tomorrow, since the box closes today?
I usually don't like spoilers...but I am too excited for this box!!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Return to “Powered by Funko”