Deluxe subscription box?

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Deluxe subscription box?

Postby Valde » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:58 pm

So I was taking a Funko survey and ran across this.

What is everyone else's thoughts on a premium or deluxe subscription box?
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: Deluxe subscription box?

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:01 pm

I just took this survey myself and was interested in that particular question as well!! I picked Interested in that particular question for all 3 of the sub-boxes and also thought it was interesting they asked if...

"Would you be interested in a year long subscription if there was free shipping"

As well as..

"Would you be interested in a discount for all 3 sub-boxes"
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:07 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
"Would you be interested in a year long subscription if there was free shipping"

This also peaked my interest. When the collector Corps first started I was ready to immediately join for a year, until the shipping and tax made the total jump around 50 or 60 bucks.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:31 pm

I didn't get that question since I have yet to buy a sub box. I took the survey to let them know that what I want most is a Disney sub box. I don't really care about the particulars of it at this point. I just one to finally be released. So many of us have waited for one for so long.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

emcee

Postby emcee » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:39 pm

I had to assume it's something like the Hobgoblin box, where you pay much more and get a box full of many more items, or higher MSRP total of items.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:58 pm

I said I would be interested in another deluxe box!
2012 Rookie of the Year

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:01 pm

i'd be interested in a deluxe box as long as it doesn't include japanese vinyl made in china...that always stumped me.

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:06 pm

I would be interested depending on price.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:19 pm

I said I'd be interested in a Deluxe box as well but should have totally added PLEASE DISNEY BOX!
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:28 pm

I did not get this question... however i would be interested!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:45 pm

pinklaquer wrote:I did not get this question... however i would be interested!

I sub to all three boxes, maybe they know since I'm already a sucker they might get me for some more.

If the normal box is 30 each I could go as high as 50 and feel comfortable. At that point why not make the, bi monthly so a year subscriber doesn't get a $50 box of a theme they aren't too hot on.
ImageImageImage

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:59 pm

I put "somewhat interested" or some such. I'm concerned it would just include more Pops. For me, more Pops doesn't equal more value.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Valde wrote:
pinklaquer wrote:I did not get this question... however i would be interested!

I sub to all three boxes, maybe they know since I'm already a sucker they might get me for some more.

If the normal box is 30 each I could go as high as 50 and feel comfortable. At that point why not make the, bi monthly so a year subscriber doesn't get a $50 box of a theme they aren't too hot on.

I completely agree - I have other subscription boxes I subscribe to and they do the whole bi monthly tactic... i dislike it when boxes feel rushed and you aren't getting your monies worth.... if that makes any sense at all.. lol I just got home from the trip.

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:47 am

I just finished this survey. It probably took me an hour to finish, I had a lot to say. lol

In terms of the specific question mentioned above, I would not be interested in a more deluxe version, due to the extra cost that it would bring with. I have a hard enough time justifying spending $35 on a regular box. That's including the shipping.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:11 am

I received the survey too. I'm happy they sent that out. I also put interested in a deluxe box but of course that'd be price dependent. If it's $50 then I'll bite but anymore than that I'm out. Just not worth the risk at a higher price point for me
Higher, Further, Faster

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:46 am

As long as it is not a Hikari I'm good with it lol
I had a lot to say as well on my survey. As an in box collector I was not happy with the question about better packaging at a cost.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:09 am

HaloHawk87 wrote:I just finished this survey. It probably took me an hour to finish, I had a lot to say. lol

In terms of the specific question mentioned above, I would not be interested in a more deluxe version, due to the extra cost that it would bring with. I have a hard enough time justifying spending $35 on a regular box. That's including the shipping.

Is that due to your budgeting reasons or because you don't think the boxes are worth $35? Some months I feel like the box is worth more than the price others I think it's a little bit under.
ImageImageImage

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:27 am

Battastic wrote:As long as it is not a Hikari I'm good with it lol
I had a lot to say as well on my survey. As an in box collector I was not happy with the question about better packaging at a cost.

That kinda got me too. But regardless I was very happy to see that survey in my inbox. I'm curious to see what changes, if any, will happen with the boxes
Higher, Further, Faster

EZA

Postby EZA » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:36 am

My dream would be a Freddy sub box, only Freddy items all the time each month! aaahhh yeah!!!

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:46 am

I noted that I'd like to see 6" Pop exclusives and as Eric, a Freddy sub box series.

Craig here......

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:56 am

I said not interested. If the Year One box is any indication of what such a box could entail...I'm out. I usually love one or two items per box, after that not so much. It is more cost and space effective to buy the items I want on the secondary market. I gave them a year and have decided not to renew Smugglers or DC and am taking a long, hard look at Marvel.
Funklub: 11181

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:05 am

Alleycat wrote:I noted that I'd like to see 6" Pop exclusives and as Eric, a Freddy sub box series.

Oh man, great suggestions! I would LOVE a Freddy box! Also, it may be too complicated, but I suggested the idea of subscribers choosing item types each month ie 2 pops, pop/dorbz, 2 dorbz etc. Would work for folks like me who don't do dorbz and those who mainly collect dorbz. A win for all (except the people who would have to do the sorting of course...)
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:12 am

I'm surprised there was no question about the inverse - a "bare essentials" type box. I feel like most people I know are really only after the pops/toys and don't care about the shirt, comic, etc.
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:15 am

CAHRULL wrote:I'm surprised there was no question about the inverse - a "bare essentials" type box. I feel like most people I know are really only after the pops/toys and don't care about the shirt, comic, etc.

I for one would like the option for a ladies shirt. The unisex or men's shirts they offer in no way look good on most ladies. Come on Funko, offer a ladies tshirt option please. \:D/ \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 am

CAHRULL wrote:I'm surprised there was no question about the inverse - a "bare essentials" type box. I feel like most people I know are really only after the pops/toys and don't care about the shirt, comic, etc.

That's a really good point. Most of the complaints are around the shirts, hats, mugs, etc. I wonder how much a Pop only box would cost? $20 shipped?
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:50 pm

nerdandcheese wrote:

That's a really good point. Most of the complaints are around the shirts, hats, mugs, etc. I wonder how much a Pop only box would cost? $20 shipped?

About $20 seems realistic, that's what Funko usually charges for a funko shop exclusive with shipping.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:34 pm

Squird wrote:I said not interested. If the Year One box is any indication of what such a box could entail...I'm out. I usually love one or two items per box, after that not so much. It is more cost and space effective to buy the items I want on the secondary market. I gave them a year and have decided not to renew Smugglers or DC and am taking a long, hard look at Marvel.

swap smugglers and marvel and this is me exactly.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:50 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
nerdandcheese wrote:

About $20 seems realistic, that's what Funko usually charges for a funko shop exclusive with shipping.

So you guys would just like one exclusive Pop for $20? Or would you guys still want a patch and pin in there? I've been thinking about what would be a good combination for a deluxe box or a smaller one and can't imagine a good balance. I'm kind of in the minority because I always found the Pop to be the most underwhelming thing in the box. Because for an extra 15ish dollars you could get a second big item plus a shirt, which even if you go to Target that's $10 right there.
ImageImageImage

swind15

Postby swind15 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:00 pm

I said "not interested" in a more deluxe box. I love these sub boxes, but more expensive = more of a commitment. I don't want this charming mystery box thing to turn into a burden.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:17 pm

Valde wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:I just finished this survey. It probably took me an hour to finish, I had a lot to say. lol

Is that due to your budgeting reasons or because you don't think the boxes are worth $35? Some months I feel like the box is worth more than the price others I think it's a little bit under.

Both, but leaning more towards the not worth it side. I've been underwhelmed with what has been offered in the majority of boxes they've released so far. If I don't like something, I consider its value to be lower. That's probably unfair, but if I don't like something, I'm not gonna want to pay as much for it. I will say that some boxes they've released have been worth what they cost, but there hasn't been a single one yet that I would say is worth more than the cost. I think the upcoming Rogue One box has the potential to be the first one, though. I absolutely love the two items revealed so far.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:05 am

Cmon, did we all forget about the last "premium" box? Sure hobgoblin and dorbz were great, but for $125?? A premium box is asking for the Hikari hustle IMO. And then there is the hat issue....

Would like to see a good "premium" box before I would blindly drop the $ again.

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:00 pm

I took the survey and gave them quite the earful (eyeful? lol ) on what I thought about the Year One box. I am not ruling out getting a future Year One box, but not unless they disclose what types of product are in it. And by that I mean 1 x Pop Ride, 2 x Pops, 1 x Dorbz, 1 x Rock Candy or whatever. They don't have to tell me what each item is, just what items are in the box. I am NOT falling for buying an unwanted Hikari again. I think I said this in another thread, but I had two MCC subs, one for me and one for my son. We dropped one after the Christmas mug box and dropped the other after the Year One debacle. It's cheaper just to buy the sub box Pops we like off of eBay.

We still have two SB subs. So far I feel they've done a good job of keeping the value up on those boxes. I did say in the survey that I was interested in a premium subscription for SB, but not for the other two.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:04 pm

The annoying thing about the survey when it came to "paying extra for protection" is that in my experience, the pops aren't damaged while in the shipping box, they are shipped out that way. Some of the damage that I've had on SB, it's clear you couldn't inflict that with the amount of movement available in the box, and had to be from the handling of it beforehand.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Also, would not want to pay for a deluxe box unless they said "NO HIKARI" on it. I think Hikari figures are cool and look neat, but they do not look $80 neat.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

keyese

Postby keyese » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:10 pm

I am glad they sent this survey out, and I had a lot to say in mine. I talked about the Year One box and how disappointed I was in it, that my pops usually arrive damaged already in the box (and that their stance is "they are meant to be taken out of the box" even though Funko knows full well that these items are collected and traded and sold in box), that I would LOVE women's sized shirts, and that I want more Rock Candy figures and less of the Reaction and hats.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Return to “Powered by Funko”