MCC February: Superhero Showdowns (SPOILERS PAGE 4)

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Jezter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:56 am

Nervous about spending the money for this box. I can't think of any characters off the top of my head that I'd love to have as part of a two pack, not to mention I don't need yet another Cap, IM, DD or Hulk...so....I might not get this one, and if it's one I decide I want, I'll just toss it onto my April order I guess, or prepared to buy a box from someone who may not want it. :)
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Maybe the box will have the comic book versions of Thor and Loki that people have wanted for years and we would all proclaim it the best box ever. Maybe the boxes often feel like missed opportunities because Funko is trying to please both Marvel comics and movie fans and the movies only scratch the surface of the great lineup of characters that Marvel has. When people complain about getting characters like Squirrel Girl, Miles Morales and Morbius it is usually because they don't read comics at all and it makes it even more unlikely that we will see some great obscure characters in the future. Just look at how few villains we've seen on the comics line and almost all of those have already been in a movie.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:58 pm

At least we know for sure there will be a brand new character.
Higher, Further, Faster

Classier

Postby Classier » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:47 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Maybe the box will have the comic book versions of Thor and Loki that people have wanted for years and we would all proclaim it the best box ever. Maybe the boxes often feel like missed opportunities because Funko is trying to please both Marvel comics and movie fans and the movies only scratch the surface of the great lineup of characters that Marvel has. When people complain about getting characters like Squirrel Girl, Miles Morales and Morbius it is usually because they don't read comics at all and it makes it even more unlikely that we will see some great obscure characters in the future. Just look at how few villains we've seen on the comics line and almost all of those have already been in a movie.

Yeah, I wish some fans could just leave the Comic boxes alone, and sympathize with the rest of us. They're the reason I don't have a Stilt-Man in my collection!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:23 pm

Classier wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Maybe the box will have the comic book versions of Thor and Loki that people have wanted for years and we would all proclaim it the best box ever. Maybe the boxes often feel like missed opportunities because Funko is trying to please both Marvel comics and movie fans and the movies only scratch the surface of the great lineup of characters that Marvel has. When people complain about getting characters like Squirrel Girl, Miles Morales and Morbius it is usually because they don't read comics at all and it makes it even more unlikely that we will see some great obscure characters in the future. Just look at how few villains we've seen on the comics line and almost all of those have already been in a movie.

Yeah, I wish some fans could just leave the Comic boxes alone, and sympathize with the rest of us. They're the reason I don't have a Stilt-Man in my collection!

Or a Man-Thing...
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Toralei

Postby Toralei » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:53 pm

Man-Thing would be pretty awesome for a Marvel Monsters box, though.

But they'd probably make a Satana Pop and do Man-Thing boxers...

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:05 am

Toralei wrote:Man-Thing would be pretty awesome for a Marvel Monsters box, though.

Probably. lol lol In all reality I'd love a Marvel Monsters box. While Man-Thing would be the best I'd still be happy with a Devil Dinosaur or a Fin Fang Foom. There's another Marvel monster I love but I can't come up with his name.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:13 am

Toralei wrote:Man-Thing would be pretty awesome for a Marvel Monsters box, though.

I think they classified Groot as a "monster" so they'd probably just use him to cater to the mainstream.

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:21 am

Werewolf by Night pop, make it happen. Speaking of great 70's Marvel creations, could we get a little love for Shang Chi and Moon Knight.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:49 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Werewolf by Night pop, make it happen. Speaking of great 70's Marvel creations, could we get a little love for Shang Chi and Moon Knight.

I agree! These would all be fantastic! I wish October could be a monsters box but Ragnarok releases too close to that time.

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:15 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Werewolf by Night pop, make it happen. Speaking of great 70's Marvel creations, could we get a little love for Shang Chi and Moon Knight.

I agree! These would all be fantastic! I wish October could be a monsters box but Ragnarok releases too close to that time.

See, now you are making me think of all the Thor supporting character that I would love to see. Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike, the Warriors Three, the Enchantress, Kurse, Skurge the Executioner, Hela, 6 inch Surtur and Ymir. So many great possibilities out their for Pops to be made, but I guess we'll be seeing more of the lesser known characters from the Signature Series rather than the subscription boxes.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:23 pm

I find it great how we are now talking about all the possibilities for the October box in the thread dedicated to the February one.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:23 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:

See, now you are making me think of all the Thor supporting character that I would love to see. Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike, the Warriors Three, the Enchantress, Kurse, Skurge the Executioner, Hela, 6 inch Surtur and Ymir. So many great possibilities out their for Pops to be made, but I guess we'll be seeing more of the lesser known characters from the Signature Series rather than the subscription boxes.

Do you know how long I've asked for a Beta Ray Bill???

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:56 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:I agree! These would all be fantastic! I wish October could be a monsters box but Ragnarok releases too close to that time.

The head shape is probably a problem for Funko, that is the only reason that I can think of for not doing such a popular character by now.

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:46 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:

The head shape is probably a problem for Funko, that is the only reason that I can think of for not doing such a popular character by now.

I don't think it'd be all that difficult. You always have to consider the fact that Funko has pretty much mastered their style by now. Nothing should be too difficult for them (except for giving us a Classic Thor for some reason.)

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:02 pm

I'm too curious and got my bonus this paycheck, so I've re-upped my sub. I hope they are characters I care about, but at the end of the day they are Marvel, so I'm sure I'll be happy enough. :D

Pops!- 716ish

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Not really big news, but this ad is just confirming that it will in fact be a 2 pack, as it says that the new character will indeed be accompanied by their rival.

Image Image Image Image

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:34 pm

I'm betting Daredevil and Bullseye pretty hard at this point since a 6-inch action two pack is probably impossible. Sigh.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:54 am

Pretty much confirms bullseye and DD. Any other ideas for a two pack where one character is all new?
Higher, Further, Faster

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:14 am

I don't necessarily think that this will be the two pack, but a WWII Cap (which would, imo, lessen the sting of getting ANOTHER Cap) with Baron Zemo (a 50/50 chance for Heinrich/Helmut) would be freaking awesome imo.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:I don't necessarily think that this will be the two pack, but a WWII Cap (which would, imo, lessen the sting of getting ANOTHER Cap) with Baron Zemo (a 50/50 chance for Heinrich/Helmut) would be freaking awesome imo.

A classic Zemo would be great!!!

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Here's another thought, and forgive me if someone else already speculated this, but what if the new character is the hero rather than the villain? Or could it be possible that they're both heroes? The use of the word "rival" rather than "nemesis" has me wondering :smt017

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:09 am

I'd be ecstatic if it was a 2 pack of Cap and Zemo!
Higher, Further, Faster

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Hmmm could Beta Ray Bill be considered a rival for Thor? One can dream.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:17 am

Trying to keep myself from getting too impatient for this box, hopefully they ship in the next week or so.

Pops!- 716ish

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:03 am

Yoko said on the newest Funko Funkast that it's a two pack and ONE of the Pops is a new character. THINK she also mentioned it's based on scene or battle but don't quote me on that. This all but confirms my prediction that it's a Bullseye and Daredevil pack. With Bullseye being the new character and Daredevil being reposed.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Could also be spider-man with the lizard! But Bullseye and DD seems most likely to me.
Higher, Further, Faster

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:02 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:Could also be spider-man with the lizard! But Bullseye and DD seems most likely to me.

Oooooh, I would love a Lizard! Or a Kraven! Or Mysterio! Or any number of unmade Spidey villains!

With the announcement of the ECCC Cap, it looks like my dream box of WWII Cap and Zemo probably wont happen. But how cool would a Bucky and Red Skull two pack be? No one ever said that the new Pop was a bad guy...

Speculating is fun, but yeah, I've felt like it would be DD and Bullseye from the start, and I'd be more than okay if that was right.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:Could also be spider-man with the lizard! But Bullseye and DD seems most likely to me.

Oooooh, I would love a Lizard! Or a Kraven! Or Mysterio! Or any number of unmade Spidey villains!

With the announcement of the ECCC Cap, it looks like my dream box of WWII Cap and Zemo probably wont happen. But how cool would a Bucky and Red Skull two pack be? No one ever said that the new Pop was a bad guy...

Speculating is fun, but yeah, I've felt like it would be DD and Bullseye from the start, and I'd be more than okay if that was right.

There are so many cool Spidey villains, it'd be nice to see them do a new one in this box.

I had been hoping for Cap and Zemo two pack so I thought the same thing when I saw the ECCC Cap announcement. But I'm just excited to be getting that WWII Cap! Bucky and red skull would be awesome too but doubt it'll happen because we already have Bucky Pops.

Two pops and a new character is awesome so can't complain!
Higher, Further, Faster

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:33 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:

There are so many cool Spidey villains, it'd be nice to see them do a new one in this box.

I had been hoping for Cap and Zemo two pack so I thought the same thing when I saw the ECCC Cap announcement. But I'm just excited to be getting that WWII Cap! Bucky and red skull would be awesome too but doubt it'll happen because we already have Bucky Pops.

Two pops and a new character is awesome so can't complain!

Maybe one day we'll get a Sinister Six box? *fingers crossed*... That's kind of what I was hoping the Spidery box would end up being.

And I'd say classic Bucky would classify as a different character than Winter Soldier, but maybe that's just me *shrug*

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:40 pm

What about cyclops and mister sinister?
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but what about kingpin? Anyone think we have a chance of getting him paired up with daredevil?

Technically we have Wilson fisk, but that's TV fisk so in my mind a comic kingpin would be a new character.

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:46 pm

I'm excited for any marvel 2 pack. It just needs to ship already.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Strending625 wrote:What about cyclops and mister sinister?

That would be awesome! I'd love Cyke in his bomber jacket and shades, or an action pose, ready to fire off an optic blast.

The Head wrote:Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but what about kingpin? Anyone think we have a chance of getting him paired up with daredevil?

Technically we have Wilson fisk, but that's TV fisk so in my mind a comic kingpin would be a new character.

I hope they do eventually make a comic book Kingpin, but I can't see them putting Bullseye on the front of the box, only to pair DD with someone else inside. Has there ever been anyone on a MCC box that wasn't somehow represented inside?

All of the talk for this box makes me want a Villains 2.0

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Cant wait to see what it turns out to be
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:50 am

Boba_Fetish wrote:
I hope they do eventually make a comic book Kingpin, but I can't see them putting Bullseye on the front of the box, only to pair DD with someone else inside. Has there ever been anyone on a MCC box that wasn't somehow represented inside?

All of the talk for this box makes me want a Villains 2.0

Yeah, you're probably right. There are other heroes they could pair Kingpin with, but none as iconic as the DD/Kingpin tandem. Honestly though, that would be my ideal in this box.

Definitely down for a Villains 2.0!

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:23 pm

even though it's most likely going to be Bullseye - just imagine if we got classic comics Elektra instead
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:22 pm

I miss the days of prototype spoilers (a la Jane Foster Thor & Miles Morales Spidey from the Secret Wars box). I feel that the interest and desires of some collectors has to be peaked again. I noticed a lot of people have dropped out from collecting subscription boxes.
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

emcee

Postby emcee » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:24 pm

I've slowed down on the sub boxes for sure, only because I see a ton of people on CL selling them for cheaper than cost.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:11 pm

I have tracking, I repeat, I have tracking!
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Powered by Funko”