A Gift From Funko

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
ShockWaveZ55

Re: A Gift From Funko

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:17 pm

Got the email which is cool. I sub to MCC and DC and the GF subs to SB so between the both of us we have every box. I'll be getting a SB box so hopefully I can get that Red Snaggletooth or a different color mini Vader. More than likely it will be a cool gift to my Nephew lol
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

racheva

Postby racheva » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:31 pm

groundhog7s wrote:I actually got two emails on two different accounts I use. I'm wondering if that means two boxes.

I got 3! I'm wondering the same thing. I would not say no to anything they want to send me. If I don't like it, I'll gift it to someone who wants it. Nice of them to do this. I assume they're trying to get rid of some less desirable boxes left in stock, but they didn't have to give them away. Balances out the mystery box shadiness.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:49 pm

I've had a founder sub on SB since the beginning. Subbed to MCC then dropped it then subbed again for the Ride. I did get the email. Very cool of Funko to throw us a bonus, would be outstanding it it's the first Disney box but I'm thinking they're just clearing out old stock. But this is an awesome way to do that :-)
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:50 pm

I got an email. I'm super excited to see what they send me!
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:50 pm

treswright wrote:I've had a founder sub on SB since the beginning. Subbed to MCC then dropped it then subbed again for the Ride. I did get the email. Very cool of Funko to throw us a bonus, would be outstanding it it's the first Disney box but I'm thinking they're just clearing out old stock. But this is an awesome way to do that :-)

I would be *THRILLED* if it's the first Disney box. Let's keep hoping. [-o<
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:12 pm

No email for me, but I would of been shocked if I had gotten one. I've been subscribed in the past, but not currently.

odnar

Postby odnar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:13 pm

I sub to all three with autorenew and got the email as well. I didn't buy any of the past boxes on BF and nothing shows up yet on any of my accounts (as I saw reported on reddit). It is a nice surprise whatever I get! I too think it would be cool to get the first Disney box. Or a box I don't have already. lol

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:35 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:Maybe it's those who have an auto renew for one or more subs, and also bought "past boxes" during the Black Friday sale? I'm subbed to SB, and recently to MCC, both with auto renew, and bought three past boxes during the sale.

I have never bought a past box. I'm pretty sure it was just a random number of renewing subscribers.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:49 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:Maybe it's those who have an auto renew for one or more subs, and also bought "past boxes" during the Black Friday sale? I'm subbed to SB, and recently to MCC, both with auto renew, and bought three past boxes during the sale.

I have never bought a past box. I'm pretty sure it was just a random number of renewing subscribers.

I also believe it was randomized... #-o

BTW, congratulations on being the Marvel superfan of the week winner! That's exciting :-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:06 am

Lonikins wrote:
treswright wrote:I've had a founder sub on SB since the beginning. Subbed to MCC then dropped it then subbed again for the Ride. I did get the email. Very cool of Funko to throw us a bonus, would be outstanding it it's the first Disney box but I'm thinking they're just clearing out old stock. But this is an awesome way to do that :-)

Yes Disney pleasssse! SB Founder and received the e-mail today. Thank you Funko!!!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:28 am

you should check your spam, my buddy's email went there

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:34 am

Lonikins wrote:

Oh man, that would be totally epic!
Got my email too - I'm a yearly SB subscriber and have subscibed to MCC and LOC on and off for a while (though currently off on both). Curious to see what I end up with. Super excited to be getting anything. But teally a first preview of a Disney box would be out of this world phenomenal.
Hi, I'm Merri!

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:04 am

I also received the email. Really cool that Funko is doing this! Excited to see what comes.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:41 am

Checked my account this AM and there is a gift order in there! WOOOO :wwe5:
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

ginas_place

Postby ginas_place » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:28 am

Got the email too! I subscribe to all the boxes too. So i wonder which box I'll get!
Gina

I am a Funko Addict!
Sidekick in the Legion of Collectors
Hero of the Collector Corps
Pirate of the Smugglers Bounty

ISO: Unmasked Black Panther Dorbz

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:27 am

Got the email. Thanks!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:11 am

McScruffy wrote:Checked my account this AM and there is a gift order in there! WOOOO :wwe5:

Where was it in your account?
Image Image Image Image

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:37 pm

Awesome!
It will be nice to see what box comes in the mail!

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:40 pm

If any internationals ended up getting one it would be cool to know.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:42 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
McScruffy wrote:Checked my account this AM and there is a gift order in there! WOOOO :wwe5:

Where was it in your account?

Under my orders. Said post holiday gift with a zero charge.
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Just checked my smugglers bounty account, and its there. I think they are basing the size off the yearly subscription I had, when I bought the Hoth box I have a different shirt size. I'm excited to see what box I get, there are a few marvel ones I wouldn't mind getting again.
- tauntaunking on instagram

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:52 pm

I subscribe to all three boxes, but I paused my MCC box after the X-men box. I received two e-mails, one for Smugglers Bounty and one for DC Legion, I assume. I wonder which box I'll get. I hope it's something that has a chase or alternate variant.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:44 pm

This is a cool move by Funko, very curious to see what boxes people get :cheers: Chase would be nice
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:49 pm

I also got the email. I'm wondering this. We seem to see a ton of emails and promotional mentions for the sub boxes, I can't help but wonder if they're not selling as well as Funko and their partners had hoped. Obviously, this forum is not a great litmus test given that I'm sure most people subscribe to at least one, but it seems like it takes a really long time to completely sell out of a box if it sells out at all.

Also I subscribe to SB and MCC, and had LoC until last month but only got one email, wonder what the rhyme/reason is to it. I'd started all 3 from the beginning.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:30 pm

No email here. Monthly SB subscriber for six months. Guess I'm too new to get it. Checked my SB account as well and nothing.
399 POPs and counting...
My Collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/rdgmjv11/3HWTZ8ZV4OQFKAH8/
Grails Needed: The Grady Twins (The Shining)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Got one email, I am a founder for all 3 so I see some gifts to give away in the future.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:24 pm

paxderomano wrote:I also got the email. I'm wondering this. We seem to see a ton of emails and promotional mentions for the sub boxes, I can't help but wonder if they're not selling as well as Funko and their partners had hoped. Obviously, this forum is not a great litmus test given that I'm sure most people subscribe to at least one, but it seems like it takes a really long time to completely sell out of a box if it sells out at all.

Also I subscribe to SB and MCC, and had LoC until last month but only got one email, wonder what the rhyme/reason is to it. I'd started all 3 from the beginning.

My understanding from the Seattle Times article is they are selling great. I think they are giving us a taste of their other products as both a blessing and in case we are not acquainted with the other lines. The ultimate would be if we each received the inaugural Disney box!!!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:41 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
paxderomano wrote:I also got the email. I'm wondering this. We seem to see a ton of emails and promotional mentions for the sub boxes, I can't help but wonder if they're not selling as well as Funko and their partners had hoped. Obviously, this forum is not a great litmus test given that I'm sure most people subscribe to at least one, but it seems like it takes a really long time to completely sell out of a box if it sells out at all.

My understanding from the Seattle Times article is they are selling great. I think they are giving us a taste of their other products as both a blessing and in case we are not acquainted with the other lines. The ultimate would be if we each received the inaugural Disney box!!!

That would be absolutely amazing, but with it launching in the spring it may be too far off. In a perfect world, a sneak peek of the Disney box would be the best!
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:30 pm

Im wondering is its per email address, the only person Iv seen mention they got multiples said they had two subs with different emails. But I also haven't read through this full thread, just my hypothesis.
- tauntaunking on instagram

haydenstorm
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Thank you for the holliday box Funko

Postby haydenstorm » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:02 am

Admins if this is already a thread please delete.

I just wanted to thank Funko for spending countless amounts of money, to send subscribers an extra mystery box of one of the subs we don't have. I think it's very generous ,and didn't know if anyone has told you we appreciate it. I love this company , and I love the people I've met in this community. Thank you for everything you do.
John
Proud host of F.D.O. 6 ,and F.D.O. 7, F.D.O.8

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Thank you for the holliday box Funko

Postby RogueSolo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:08 am

Already started here:
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=76895
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:27 am

Got the email and finally see the order.
This is an awesome gift on their part.
Trying to get people acquainted with their other lines is a regular business tradition and I hope it helps them reach more collectors and generate sales.
Sadly everyone hoping for the Disney box will be a bit let down.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:43 am

sdcccrasher wrote:

I really doubt they'd give us the Disney box for free. Plus, I bet it's only in the planning stages right now. If they're giving us some for free, I'm guessing it's from the less popular boxes. Not necessarily one individual line, but less popular months that they still have lots in stock from. They were trying to get rid of them by selling them cheap before Christmas, but they must have some stock left to unload. Pretty cool of them to give it away for free. It's a good PR move, especially since people were a little salty after the mystery box!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

haydenstorm

Postby haydenstorm » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:33 pm

Thanks Marty
John
Proud host of F.D.O. 6 ,and F.D.O. 7, F.D.O.8

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:51 pm

opopssum wrote:Im wondering is its per email address, the only person Iv seen mention they got multiples said they had two subs with different emails. But I also haven't read through this full thread, just my hypothesis.

All I can figure out for sure is that it seems to be random and not only people who have subscriptions/had subscriptions. Having said that, I thought I got the email and then was disappointed to realize it was the Happy New Year's message. Having said that, so happy for all that did get one, it is a fantastic gesture.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:59 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:

My guess would be that Funko is just sending us a sample of the other boxes in hopes that we will add them. In addition, they get to empty out a bunch of their extra stock and do something nice for their subscribers.
Image Image Image Image

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:00 pm

:thumbsup:
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:01 pm

I got my email, but don't see an order yet, am I alone or are there others with emails, but no orders?
Image Image Image Image

odnar

Postby odnar » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:12 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:I got my email, but don't see an order yet, am I alone or are there others with emails, but no orders?

There's no holiday gift orders in any of my 3 accounts either...yet.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:24 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:I got my email, but don't see an order yet, am I alone or are there others with emails, but no orders?

Mine showed up in my SB account.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Return to “Powered by Funko”