A Gift From Funko

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: A Gift From Funko

Postby Jezter » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:07 am

I received the email saying my gift has shipped, however no other info. The tracking info is blank, so I don't know when I'll be getting it. Pretty exciting. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

scorpiokyle

Postby scorpiokyle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:23 am

My gift arrived, it was the Guardians box. I have all the marvel and SW boxes so this will make a nice gift for someone or part it out for multiple gifts.

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:08 am

CaptainMayhem88 wrote:Just got my email telling me that my gift box has shipped weight is about 2.5 lbs. Should I assume this is one with a mug in it?

Mine was 2.708 pounds, Ant Man box. So no, the shipping weight isn't a good indication of whether there's a mug or not!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:50 am

I finally got a shipping for email for my gift box!! Last updated December 29th, haha

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:58 pm

The gift box finally showed up in my account! Weight is 2.75 lbs so I'm thinking there will be a mug in the box.
Higher, Further, Faster

kitkats_mommy

Postby kitkats_mommy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Got my box the other day and forgot to post... I got the MCC Spider-Man box...I love it! Thank you again Funko!!!!
I'm Josie, super uber nerd here!! Collector of Funko, Pins and Patches. Self Proclaimed Loungefly Ambassador/Guru lol Funko's Funatic of the week 6/17/15. The United Funko Family Founder. Check out my Insta @Loungefly._.Addict

nikegolferML23

Postby nikegolferML23 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Got the Cantina box for smugglers, and Guardians for my Collector corps
Call me Tiger..... I mean Mike
ISO: Greedo Blue Box, ECCC Phoenix, Red Skull, Unmasked Wolverine

Divino

Postby Divino » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:54 pm

My box finally got re-routed and should be delivered today. I really hate DHL!

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:04 pm

Yesssss finally the shipped email!! 2.52 pounds lol

ginas_place

Postby ginas_place » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:12 pm

So I got SW Jabba box for my MCC sub and SW Bounty Hunters for my LoC sub. I sub all three boxes so I have them already but love the gesture. Thanks Funko!!
Gina

I am a Funko Addict!
Sidekick in the Legion of Collectors
Hero of the Collector Corps
Pirate of the Smugglers Bounty

ISO: Unmasked Black Panther Dorbz

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Bonzo37 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
vegasbaby98 wrote:Not sure how they determined what box to send us. It was certainly not based on what we do not subscribe to since I got the exact same box, same tshirt, same subscription that is the only one I do subscribe to. I am not complaining mind you, but I am bummed a little.

Your experience seems to be the exception and not the rule. Several have posted the original e-mail from Funko that specifically says we are to receive a sub other than from the one we subscribe too in the hope we will order from that sub group. Why not e-mail Funko Subs and let them know a mistake has taken place and they may send you one of the other subs since that was their original intention.

I think this was pretty common by the sound of it. Go back through this thread, there are plenty of people reporting duplicate boxes, or boxes from a line they already sub to.
I got the same email as everyone else, and since I've subbed to both SB and MCC from the beginning I expected a LoC box based on that bit about receiving something you don't already sub to. Got ant man. I'm not gonna write to Funko about it, it was free so whatever. To me it just makes it seem like it was more of an inventory dump that they turned into some good publicity instead of trucking it off to a landfill. Still definitely a very cool move, shipping out probably thousands of free boxes. They absolutely did not have to do that. Congrats to folks who got something new.

Yea, it sounds like they started with a great idea, but perhaps inventory ran short on keeping to the original release.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Woo~ Finally got my box! I ended up with the Guardians of the Galaxy MCC box, which is great because the stuff is adorable. Y'all can hate on a scarf all you want, but I am going to put that to good use!
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

odnar

Postby odnar » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Lonikins wrote:Woo~ Finally got my box! I ended up with the Guardians of the Galaxy MCC box, which is great because the stuff is adorable. Y'all can hate on a scarf all you want, but I am going to put that to good use!

Yah I'm pretty happy with the SB box I got but I but I wouldn't have minded a MCC Guardians or Villians box as I don't have either. Could of used the scarf today in rainy San Diego (a pretty miserable day for me already) but you probably would get more use for it in Minnesota. ;-)

ghostedaway

Postby ghostedaway » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Got my shipment email!
Bryan

emcee

Postby emcee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:46 am

TheCollectorsLair wrote:There is a lot of negativity with this both here and on reddit.

Must just be reddit because I don't see it here.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:33 am

Mine should be arriving today!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Divino

Postby Divino » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:06 am

Cantina Box for me! I've already got it, since I subscribe to all 3, but very happy with at 2 pop box!

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:59 am

Mine says it shipped on the 29th but the dhl and usps tracking hasn't updated.
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Finally received tracking info. Seems like it is gonna be from MCC. I have most of the boxes, so hopefully it is a box I do not already have lol.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

blackmage214

Postby blackmage214 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:27 pm

saul_damascus wrote:Mine says it shipped on the 29th but the dhl and usps tracking hasn't updated.

Same here.

RyGuySlytherin

Postby RyGuySlytherin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Got mine today! I'm signed up for LOC and SB and received a SB First Order Box. Rather odd to get that one and not a Marvel box but I'm absolutely happy since I now have the chase and also a different shirt :D Thanks a bunch Funko!

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:34 pm

emcee wrote:
TheCollectorsLair wrote:There is a lot of negativity with this both here and on reddit.

I see bummed used a few times, which is still kind of negative. Like its free, we didn't even have to pay shipping. Nothing to be sad or bummed about. Funko didn't have to send us anything. I am thankful they did something like this for us. Reading some of the comments here and elsewhere I feel like Funko doing this or anything similar next year is doubtful.
2012 Rookie of the Year

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:56 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:I see bummed used a few times, which is still kind of negative. Like its free, we didn't even have to pay shipping. Nothing to be sad or bummed about. Funko didn't have to send us anything.

Yeah I have seen a lot of negative sentiments expressed here and elsewhere. I mean for crying out loud, it's a FREE GIFT! And people are upset because they were hoping for one particular box and it wasn't THAT one? Good grief! I got the Ant Man box which I already have two of because my son and I were both subbed to MCC when it came out, but hey, free Ant Man box! I love it! Dear Funko, feel free to send me as much free stuff as you want lol

emcee

Postby emcee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:13 pm

I wouldn't use the word negativity, or entitlement or whatever's been thrown around. It just seems some people are disappointed whether they got a box they didn't want or got a duplicate of what they ordered,

Bonzo37

Postby Bonzo37 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:24 pm

I don't see anyone here angry about it or anything, and honestly I think it's ok to be a little bummed as long as you're not raging. They put the expectation out there themselves by saying you'd receive something you don't sub to. If there is a next time maybe leave that part out of the email and then the problem doesn't exist.
I'm Mike.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:45 pm

That's what I mean, to express disappointment with a gift doesn't make much sense. It was free. Didn't cost us a penny. Instead of being happy Funko did this at all, people are "bummed" they didn't get the box they wanted or got a double.

If family or friend said they were going to send me a gift and that they would send me something I don't have, I wouldn't be sad, bummed, mad, or upset if it was something I already have.
2012 Rookie of the Year

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:26 pm

There's an old Chinese proverb that goes "The man who expects everything gets nothing. But the man who expects nothing gets everything."

OK I really just made that up, but it seemed appropriate lol

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:49 pm

Is there interest within the forum to trade boxes with each other? I am very grateful for the gesture, but I'm not sure what to do with mine (MCC Guardians) since I only collect Star Wars.
Phillip
Official collector of nothing but Star Wars

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:That's what I mean, to express disappointment with a gift doesn't make much sense. It was free. Didn't cost us a penny. Instead of being happy Funko did this at all, people are "bummed" they didn't get the box they wanted or got a double.

If family or friend said they were going to send me a gift and that they would send me something I don't have, I wouldn't be sad, bummed, mad, or upset if it was something I already have.

Right on!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:36 pm

I have only subbed to SB, and received the Guardians box today. Not going to lie, it was the one I wanted the most, so yay! My wife loves the Mini bobble ornaments, I finally have a scarf I can wear, and I love my 3PO mug, so StarLord is a great addition. Thanks Funko!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

racheva

Postby racheva » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:
emcee wrote:

I see bummed used a few times, which is still kind of negative. Like its free, we didn't even have to pay shipping. Nothing to be sad or bummed about. Funko didn't have to send us anything. I am thankful they did something like this for us. Reading some of the comments here and elsewhere I feel like Funko doing this or anything similar next year is doubtful.

Eh, bummed is not really a big deal. Like, I got a second box and I was kinda bummed they were both the same box. Was I angry? No. I'm giving it away to someone who wants it. But it's not really that big a deal if people were hoping for one box, but got one they didn't want or they already had. They're not getting angry at Funko, just being human.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

emcee

Postby emcee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:That's what I mean, to express disappointment with a gift doesn't make much sense. It was free. Didn't cost us a penny. Instead of being happy Funko did this at all, people are "bummed" they didn't get the box they wanted or got a double.

I think the only ones who are allowed to be disappointed are the ones who got duplicate boxes of ones they already had in their order history. It's like... "Hey sure I'll buy that Funko POP off you!" and then they buy you the exact same thing for you for Christmas.

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Pmisley wrote:Is there interest within the forum to trade boxes with each other? I am very grateful for the gesture, but I'm not sure what to do with mine (MCC Guardians) since I only collect Star Wars.

What would you want for your guardians box? Pm me.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:16 pm

I mean I get it I don't think anyone would want doubles, but it's free lol It didn't cost us a single penny for these gift boxes. Thats all I am saying.
2012 Rookie of the Year

CaptainMayhem88

Postby CaptainMayhem88 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm confused at the amount of time being spent on telling others how they should feel with the boxes they are receiving. If they're doubles or just received something they felt was underwhelming then that's how they feel and shouldn't be met with the "It was free so you should be happy." argument. Especially given the fact that the majority of people have received boxes from the service that they already sub to and not to one of the others as the email specified that they would.

If my box turns out to be a duplicate or one I'm not over the moon for, you can be sure I'll express what exactly I don't like, I can appreciate the sentiment but it doesn't mean I have to automatically dismiss any grievance I may have.
Team Spider-Gwen

jester00

Postby jester00 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:00 pm

look on the bright side. If you aren't happy with your free box, simply go sell it. Or trade it for a box you want more. Sheesh people, it's not that complicated lol
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:34 am

I haven't received an e-mail, but I now see it listed in my MCC account. Weighs 2.64 lbs. Scheduled for delivery next Friday.

Changed to size S for the X-Men box so I could give it to my son for Christmas, and then changed it back to XL. My gift box is listed as size S. Hope it's something that my son will like! If it's a repeat box, we can have matching shirts. Win-win situation.

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:42 am

Checked my previous boxes and by the weight, it looks like this will be the Jabba's Palace box.

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:41 am

jester00 wrote:look on the bright side. If you aren't happy with your free box, simply go sell it. Or trade it for a box you want more. Sheesh people, it's not that complicated lol

No one is saying it's complicated? People are merely expressing their opinion about the boxes they got. I received 2 Guardians boxes. I appreciated the first, but the second was kind of a let down. I'm not angry and I'm actually giving it away, but I'm allowed to say, "aw man, too bad" on a forum without being told I'm ungrateful and should hush up. I think that's the only issue here. I get that people hate "negativity," but sometimes it's like you can't say one non-positive thing about Funko without getting told to shove off. I think we all have *very* different definitions of "negativity" on the internet.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:04 pm

TheCollectorsLair wrote:There is a lot of negativity with this both here and on reddit. The way I see it, everyone who subscribes (and happens to be american) is eligible to receive a box for free as a gift. Not everyone who has ordered a box automatically gets one.

Sorry inernational customers, shipping is already a huge cost. 6 to 8 dollars or something like that just for americans, double or more for international. So, yeah, giving the boxes away to places they have to spent 15 to 20 for each box to send is a horrible business decision. If they sent out 1000 boxes, they already forked out 6 to 8 THOUSAND dollars in shipping fees, a complete loss for them, along with 30 worth of sales they lost in the process as well.

What company does that? I have been subscribed to netflix since 2007 and I have never received ANYTHING. my phone company has never given me anything. The grocery store I go to a few times a week for the last 8 years doesn't know who I am.

Point is we all have won. We got actual customer appreciation, if it was just to clear product they could have just had flash sales on the funko site. Even if we paid 5 bucks per box. They would made 5 thousand dollars on 1000 boxes and we would have gladly paid shipping. Instead they paid and took a big monetary loss.

So what if you aren't excited that you didn't get exactly what you wanted. Go cry into you free box of crap that holds value and sell it or trade it and get something you like. I subscrobe to Mcc and sb and I wasn't selected. I am not offended, I actually feel appreciated just knowing that all of you are getting stuff from the company we love. I actually am on my way to meet one of my local funko group members and buy his git from him, the bounty hunters box.

Sorry for the rant, but the ungrateful entitlement from some people really gets to me.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

Return to “Powered by Funko”