A Gift From Funko

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
racheva

Re: A Gift From Funko

Postby racheva » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:43 pm

I checked just now and I have 2 boxes coming to me! I thought I had a third email, but it was just two. Weirdly, they're both in my SB accounts. I have two of those because of a move and an expired card that wasn't changed in time. One email has a smuggler account and the other has a pirate with auto-renew turned off. I have a collector's corp account that was turned on for a few boxes, but I didn't get an email from that one.

I can't figure out the algorithm they used to decide!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:27 pm

odnar wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:I got my email, but don't see an order yet, am I alone or are there others with emails, but no orders?

There's no holiday gift orders in any of my 3 accounts either...yet.

Same here. Absolutely nothing yet. Checked my LoC (founders) and CC (just X-Men, not recurring) account but there's nothing in either.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Angology

Postby Angology » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:12 pm

Well-I got a Smuggler's Bounty Box in the mail today (I subscribe to the other two). It is the one with the R2D2 Pop (the sticker was mangled, but the box was in good shape), the Jabba mug, and the C3PO hat. I don't see any extra orders in any of my accounts. Can it be a fluke-how am I the first to report getting one? It seems weird (not complaining-a free Pop! Awesome!)
Angela
Instagram: @Angology
ISO: NYCC 2016 Scott Pilgrim Pop

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:23 pm

AngLuvsPop wrote:Well-I got a Smuggler's Bounty Box in the mail today (I subscribe to the other two). It is the one with the R2D2 Pop (the sticker was mangled, but the box was in good shape), the Jabba mug, and the C3PO hat. I don't see any extra orders in any of my accounts. Can it be a fluke-how am I the first to report getting one? It seems weird (not complaining-a free Pop! Awesome!)

That's so strange! And no orders in your accounts? I have 2 orders, but I don't have any shipping details. I expected they would ship out after the new year.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

Angology

Postby Angology » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:36 pm

racheva wrote:
AngLuvsPop wrote:Well-I got a Smuggler's Bounty Box in the mail today (I subscribe to the other two). It is the one with the R2D2 Pop (the sticker was mangled, but the box was in good shape), the Jabba mug, and the C3PO hat. I don't see any extra orders in any of my accounts. Can it be a fluke-how am I the first to report getting one? It seems weird (not complaining-a free Pop! Awesome!)

That's so strange! And no orders in your accounts? I have 2 orders, but I don't have any shipping details. I expected they would ship out after the new year.
No orders-checked both LoC and MCC-nothing. I double-checked the address label-it is sent to me. It does seem too soon, but I am definitely not complaining. I don't think it could be a gift order from anyone. I guess time will tell.
Angela

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:17 pm

I think the gifts have started to arrive, excited to see mine! Good chance I might have it already but still fun surprise.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Angology

Postby Angology » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:07 pm

I saw a post on reddit that someone else received theirs. Not so weird, I guess.
Angela

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:51 am

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what people get
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:05 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
paxderomano wrote:I also got the email. I'm wondering this. We seem to see a ton of emails and promotional mentions for the sub boxes, I can't help but wonder if they're not selling as well as Funko and their partners had hoped. Obviously, this forum is not a great litmus test given that I'm sure most people subscribe to at least one, but it seems like it takes a really long time to completely sell out of a box if it sells out at all.

Also I subscribe to SB and MCC, and had LoC until last month but only got one email, wonder what the rhyme/reason is to it. I'd started all 3 from the beginning.

My understanding from the Seattle Times article is they are selling great. I think they are giving us a taste of their other products as both a blessing and in case we are not acquainted with the other lines. The ultimate would be if we each received the inaugural Disney box!!!

My guess would be that Funko is just sending us a sample of the other boxes in hopes that we will add them. In addition, they get to empty out a bunch of their extra stock and do something nice for their subscribers.

The one thing to keep in mind is they still have to pay for mailing for all these boxes they send out. It's a great gesture on their part which most companies would not even think of doing. Kudos to Funko ... that is what puts them a cut above all other companies.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:10 am

racheva wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
paxderomano wrote:I also got the email. I'm wondering this. We seem to see a ton of emails and promotional mentions for the sub boxes, I can't help but wonder if they're not selling as well as Funko and their partners had hoped. Obviously, this forum is not a great litmus test given that I'm sure most people subscribe to at least one, but it seems like it takes a really long time to completely sell out of a box if it sells out at all.

Also I subscribe to SB and MCC, and had LoC until last month but only got one email, wonder what the rhyme/reason is to it. I'd started all 3 from the beginning.

My understanding from the Seattle Times article is they are selling great. I think they are giving us a taste of their other products as both a blessing and in case we are not acquainted with the other lines. The ultimate would be if we each received the inaugural Disney box!!!

I really doubt they'd give us the Disney box for free. Plus, I bet it's only in the planning stages right now. If they're giving us some for free, I'm guessing it's from the less popular boxes. Not necessarily one individual line, but less popular months that they still have lots in stock from. They were trying to get rid of them by selling them cheap before Christmas, but they must have some stock left to unload. Pretty cool of them to give it away for free. It's a good PR move, especially since people were a little salty after the mystery box!

I mentioned in another post that they have to pay for mailing for each of these boxes. They could just destroy all unused inventory and save the money. I believe this is an over-the-top gesture which is part of the Funko culture. They treat us very well. The amount we receive in each sub-box, what they give away at Fundays, etc. tells me they place the happiness of their clients at the front of everything they do. They are #1 in my books.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:16 am

StarWarner wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:

That would be absolutely amazing, but with it launching in the spring it may be too far off. In a perfect world, a sneak peek of the Disney box would be the best!

You never know with Funko. They are always 2 steps ahead of us in everything they do. They are always improving and throwing new things at us that are outside the box. That is why, in another post, I mentioned it is hard to know what to expect concerning Fundays tix this year or what will be going on at Fundays this year because it changes for the better each year. Actually, nothing would really surprise me concerning this free gift. I can't wait to see what comes in the mail.

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:34 pm

DefNotBlitz wrote:
odnar wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:I got my email, but don't see an order yet, am I alone or are there others with emails, but no orders?

There's no holiday gift orders in any of my 3 accounts either...yet.

Same here. Absolutely nothing yet. Checked my LoC (founders) and CC (just X-Men, not recurring) account but there's nothing in either.

I haven't gotten an email or anything in my account. Guess I'm not getting one. Not really sure why. Oh well.
399 POPs and counting...
My Collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/rdgmjv11/3HWTZ8ZV4OQFKAH8/
Grails Needed: The Grady Twins (The Shining)

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:35 pm

I have all the SB boxes and most of the MCC boxes but have never bought a LoC box, so based on their description of trying to introduce us to a new sub I'm thinking that's what they'll send me.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Peachtree

Postby Peachtree » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Got TFA Smuggler's Bounty in the mail yesterday! Thanks Funko!
My name is Samuel, nice to meet you!
Instagram: PeachtreeFunko
ISO: Astro Boy T-Shirt Scott Pilgrim

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:26 pm

For people that have received their free boxes, did it show up on your recent orders before you got it? I sub to all 3 boxes and keep checking to see if something shows up.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Just got around to checking my accounts and the free gift shows up under my SB account. Hoping they send me a Marvel one since I've only ordered 2 of them and could care less for most of the DC boxes.
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:25 pm

I started off as a Founder for Collector Corps. Then became a boss for Smuggler's Bounty. I didn't renew my Collector Corps subscription.

Received a Jabba box yesterday, so I'm not sure what people who have multiple subs are gonna get.

Regardless, free swag is always appreciated. :D

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:00 am

It's good to hear that these free gifts are starting to arrive. I love surprises. I can't wait to see what I get!
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:11 am

Still not showing up on any of my three subscription pages. Can hardly wait to see which they pick for me.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:40 am

I have the Holiday Gift showing in my SB account, no shipping info though.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:06 pm

I have subbed to all three since the beginning and no emails. Also no gifts showing up in any of my accounts. Bummer, but whatever I got would have been a duplicate anyway so I'm not too disappointed. I wouldn't have minded a chance to get Blue Snaggletooth though since I'm still missing him.

Happy for those who are getting a gift box! Hope you guys enjoy!!

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:13 pm

I was pleasantly surprised with a Force Awakens box the other day. It was a duplicate, but it was greatly appreciated and I have the shirt in my size now. My subscription that I ended after one year was in the wife's t-shirt size. Definitely a nice gesture from Funko.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:36 pm

My gift box is showing in my Smuggler's Bounty account that I have the Boss Subscription too. Shows as shipped and scheduled to arrive on the 7th! Curious to see if I'm getting a Marvel or DC box - hope it's not one I already have :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

Angology

Postby Angology » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Strending625 wrote:For people that have received their free boxes, did it show up on your recent orders before you got it? I sub to all 3 boxes and keep checking to see if something shows up.
I got mine Dec 31, and it did not show up on either of my subs (MCC & LoC). I am guessing that it won't, but I will keep checking out of curiosity.
Angela

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Looks like I am getting a SB box. I was hoping for the DC TV box but free is free.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:47 pm

I have a star wars box coming, really hope its the rouge one box, I had a yearly sub to SB and didn't particularly like any of the boxes. Id lil a lil mini vader tho, I just really dont need doubles of any of the boxes.

I wonder if they are sending boxes out in waves or if they are just sending out SB boxes
- tauntaunking on instagram

TehHappyNarwhal

Postby TehHappyNarwhal » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:52 pm

I've being with mcc since box 1 as a founder and I got no email :( is it cos I'm in the UK?

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:12 pm

Been with MCC and SB since day 1, just recently stopped SB, but my free gift popped up in my SB account

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:56 pm

synergy56 wrote:My gift box is showing in my Smuggler's Bounty account that I have the Boss Subscription too. Shows as shipped and scheduled to arrive on the 7th! Curious to see if I'm getting a Marvel or DC box - hope it's not one I already have :)

I received Tracking Number today. I will let everyone know which box I receive. Thanks in advance Funko.

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:14 am

I just checked my sub info and the order and tracking is there now, looks like my gift will be arriving Thursday!

Marvelous WD wrote:Looks like I am getting a SB box.

opopssum wrote:I have a star wars box coming

How do you guys know what box you're getting? I checked my SB sub and the box is shown in there, but it just says "Post Holiday Gift".

The Head wrote:I have subbed to all three since the beginning and no emails. Also no gifts showing up in any of my accounts.

I wonder if that's because you already sub to all three? Maybe they figure they can't entice you to pick up another sub when you already have them all. I mean in my opinion you deserve a gift more than anyone since you've been a loyal subscriber! But I'm just wondering because their email made it sound like they were trying to dangle a carrot out there for people to sub to a different box they don't already have.

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:29 am

treswright wrote:
The Head wrote:I have subbed to all three since the beginning and no emails. Also no gifts showing up in any of my accounts.

I wonder if that's because you already sub to all three? Maybe they figure they can't entice you to pick up another sub when you already have them all. I mean in my opinion you deserve a gift more than anyone since you've been a loyal subscriber! But I'm just wondering because their email made it sound like they were trying to dangle a carrot out there for people to sub to a different box they don't already have.

Yeah, when I saw this thread, I assumed I wouldn't get it because I have subbed to all three since the start, but the randomness of some what they do got me hoping I'd get something, either for a chance at one of the pops I didn't get (like blue snaggletooth) or one that my kids might like. Oh well, no biggie.

cn7gamer

Postby cn7gamer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:47 am

Funko always impresses me with how they take care of their customers and loyal followers. I bet it's a great company to work for, too.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:01 am

I just checked my MCC and LoC accounts and nothing shows as being shipped or even ready to ship, but I got the email, so who knows. I hope I get something from DC and not Star Wars, otherwise I'll be looking to trade or sell at some point. Still think it's awesome that Funko is doing this! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:17 am

My gift should arrive tomorrow. Excited to see what it may be! Either MCC or LOC since I sub to SB. Would love the Secret Wars box but will be happy with whatever it is!
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:22 am

I'm seeing that some people are assuming that because the "Holiday Gift" is showing up in SB accounts, it's gonna be a SB box. I think it's the opposite. I have two boxes coming, each from one of the two emails I've used to subscribe to SB. One of the emails has my current Smuggler yearly account, but both emails have "auto renew off" accounts that have accumulated for various reasons. I also have a MCC account which is "autorenew off" right now, but has no gift listed. My assumption is that I'll be getting either MCC or DC boxes. Even tho I love SW the most, I would love to get MCC or DC boxes since they would likely be something new. We shall see! One is supposed to get here on Friday :)

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:30 am

Received an email but still nothing showing up in my MCC account. Hopefully a box will just show up like it has been for others. Really hoping I get a LOC box!
Higher, Further, Faster

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:46 am

Funny, I thought I saw the gift in my LoC account but it was just updating for the Legacy. Received the email but nothing showing in my account and I only sub to the LoC.
If nothing arrives it's no big deal, but would have been cool to see what I would get.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:27 am

treswright wrote:

My email has the header "Good news! Your Star Wars Smugglers Bounty box is shipping soon!"
Im not married to the ideal tho, if I'm wrong thatll be fine by me.
- tauntaunking on instagram

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:39 am

opopssum wrote:My email has the header "Good news! Your Star Wars Smugglers Bounty box is shipping soon!"
Im not married to the ideal tho, if I'm wrong thatll be fine by me.

Yeah I got that email too, but that's for the regular sub, not the "gift" box. I don't think anyone (including me) that has a gift box on the way got a shipping notice, it just shows up in your order history as "Post Holiday Gift" and it doesn't say what it is that you're getting.

kitkats_mommy

Postby kitkats_mommy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:42 am

I think it's an awesome way to show their fans love, can't wait to see what I get. I get DC and Marvel here and there, but have recurring for Smuggler's so hopefully I get a box I don't have. Either way though, Thank you Funko!
I'm Josie, super uber nerd here!! Collector of Funko, Pins and Patches. Self Proclaimed Loungefly Ambassador/Guru lol Funko's Funatic of the week 6/17/15. The United Funko Family Founder. Check out my Insta @Loungefly._.Addict

Return to “Powered by Funko”