A Gift From Funko

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
sdcccrasher

Re: A Gift From Funko

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Points well taken and expressed!!!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:37 pm

yellowrice wrote:
TheCollectorsLair wrote:There is a lot of negativity with this both here and on reddit. The way I see it, everyone who subscribes (and happens to be american) is eligible to receive a box for free as a gift. Not everyone who has ordered a box automatically gets one.

Sorry inernational customers, shipping is already a huge cost. 6 to 8 dollars or something like that just for americans, double or more for international. So, yeah, giving the boxes away to places they have to spent 15 to 20 for each box to send is a horrible business decision. If they sent out 1000 boxes, they already forked out 6 to 8 THOUSAND dollars in shipping fees, a complete loss for them, along with 30 worth of sales they lost in the process as well.

What company does that? I have been subscribed to netflix since 2007 and I have never received ANYTHING. my phone company has never given me anything. The grocery store I go to a few times a week for the last 8 years doesn't know who I am.

Point is we all have won. We got actual customer appreciation, if it was just to clear product they could have just had flash sales on the funko site. Even if we paid 5 bucks per box. They would made 5 thousand dollars on 1000 boxes and we would have gladly paid shipping. Instead they paid and took a big monetary loss.

So what if you aren't excited that you didn't get exactly what you wanted. Go cry into you free box of crap that holds value and sell it or trade it and get something you like. I subscrobe to Mcc and sb and I wasn't selected. I am not offended, I actually feel appreciated just knowing that all of you are getting stuff from the company we love. I actually am on my way to meet one of my local funko group members and buy his git from him, the bounty hunters box.

Sorry for the rant, but the ungrateful entitlement from some people really gets to me.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:06 pm

My tracking info still hasn't update, not sure if it's the initial DHL info that is not updated or the USPS. Originally it also said there were some weather delays, but that is gone now. I'll assume I will see the box sometime next week. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

RichCo

Postby RichCo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:15 pm

finally got my shipping notice!
Attended
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021
NYCC Fright Night 2022
Camp Fundays

Proud Funatic since 2012!
:freddy2:

Image Image Image Image

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:30 pm

RichCo wrote:finally got my shipping notice!

Congrats ... anytime it's free, it's worth the wait!

RichCo

Postby RichCo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Definitely! I am not quite sure what it would be, maybe smugglers since I also have a recent LOC subscription?
Attended
Funkon 2021
NYCC Fright Night 2022
Camp Fundays

Image Image Image Image

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:51 pm

RichCo wrote:Definitely! I am not quite sure what it would be, maybe smugglers since I also have a recent LOC subscription?

We have SB subs and received an Ant Man and Secret Wars box ... Stoked!

RichCo

Postby RichCo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:59 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
RichCo wrote:Definitely! I am not quite sure what it would be, maybe smugglers since I also have a recent LOC subscription?

We have SB subs and received an Ant Man and Secret Wars box ... Stoked!

One SB sub or two?
Attended
Funkon 2021
NYCC Fright Night 2022
Camp Fundays

Image Image Image Image

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:02 pm

4 ... me, wife and 2 children.

darthfabul0us

Postby darthfabul0us » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:
darthfabul0us wrote:Got a LOC box as the gift, haven't gotten home yet to see which one. I subscribe to all 3, so was hoping for one of the Star Wars boxes with the possibility of getting a chase.

If you haven't gotten it, how do you know its a LOC box? I got my email from MCC, and the box I received was a SB. I'd assume that the service you receive your email from is likely the only one it isn't going to be.

Yeah, spoke too soon, ended up getting the TFA box with the regular TIE Pilot, which works out well since I got the Chase the first time around.
Finally broke the 1,000 Pops mark...

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... VHJYV607Q/

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:47 pm

darthfabul0us wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:
darthfabul0us wrote:Got a LOC box as the gift, haven't gotten home yet to see which one. I subscribe to all 3, so was hoping for one of the Star Wars boxes with the possibility of getting a chase.

If you haven't gotten it, how do you know its a LOC box? I got my email from MCC, and the box I received was a SB. I'd assume that the service you receive your email from is likely the only one it isn't going to be.

Yeah, spoke too soon, ended up getting the TFA box with the regular TIE Pilot, which works out well since I got the Chase the first time around.

Nice, the same thing happened to me with Snaggletooth in the Cantina box... shame we couldn't get LOC boxes though; I had my fingers crossed for a DC TV box.

Vagabond

Postby Vagabond » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Shinfo13 wrote:
Vagabond wrote:Nooooooooo, I got the worst box of all-time, the dreaded Guardians Of The Galaxy box, ](*,) . Just my luck. I have every Smuggler's Bounty box (doubles of most of them) and three Collector Corps boxes (Guardians Of The Galaxy, Deadpool, and X-Men). I remember subscribing to Collector Corps because of the Guardians Of The Galaxy box and being so disappointed when I received it. I had to relive that feeling again today, lol . I was hoping for any Smuggler's Bounty box, the Ant Man box, Avengers box, or Doctor Strange box, but what I got was free so all I can say is, thank you Funko, it's the thought that counts. I still have another gift coming so hopefully I get something better, [-o< .

Mine doesn't come for another few days (wednesday) but my lady really wants that Guardian box. I can take it off your hands if you don't have anything better to do with it and we don't recieve that one for our gift :D

I actually gave it away already, sorry. I would've hooked you up though, I honestly hate that box.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:20 am

Vagabond wrote:
Shinfo13 wrote:
Vagabond wrote:Nooooooooo, I got the worst box of all-time, the dreaded Guardians Of The Galaxy box, ](*,) . Just my luck. I have every Smuggler's Bounty box (doubles of most of them) and three Collector Corps boxes (Guardians Of The Galaxy, Deadpool, and X-Men). I remember subscribing to Collector Corps because of the Guardians Of The Galaxy box and being so disappointed when I received it. I had to relive that feeling again today, lol . I was hoping for any Smuggler's Bounty box, the Ant Man box, Avengers box, or Doctor Strange box, but what I got was free so all I can say is, thank you Funko, it's the thought that counts. I still have another gift coming so hopefully I get something better, [-o< .

Mine doesn't come for another few days (wednesday) but my lady really wants that Guardian box. I can take it off your hands if you don't have anything better to do with it and we don't recieve that one for our gift :D

I actually gave it away already, sorry. I would've hooked you up though, I honestly hate that box.

The power of the Funko Funatic Force ... helping each other!!!

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:32 am

Regardless of what anyone else says, I am very appreciative of the gift. Thank you for sending me a Marvel box with the Thor and black Spidey inside. This was a gracious gesture and goes above and beyond anything that I would have expected. Even if I had received a box that I was not interested in, I know a cornucopia of other fans and collectors that would appreciate the gift.
Thank you again

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:13 am

Nooklin wrote:Regardless of what anyone else says, I am very appreciative of the gift. Thank you for sending me a Marvel box with the Thor and black Spidey inside. This was a gracious gesture and goes above and beyond anything that I would have expected. Even if I had received a box that I was not interested in, I know a cornucopia of other fans and collectors that would appreciate the gift.
Thank you again
Three cheers Nooklin ... Couldn't have been said any better!!!

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:16 am

Looks like my gift hasn't moved since Dec 29th. Or at least the tracking hasn't updated since then. Anxious to see what I got!
Higher, Further, Faster

vegasbaby98

Postby vegasbaby98 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:56 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:That's what I mean, to express disappointment with a gift doesn't make much sense. It was free. Didn't cost us a penny. Instead of being happy Funko did this at all, people are "bummed" they didn't get the box they wanted or got a double.

If family or friend said they were going to send me a gift and that they would send me something I don't have, I wouldn't be sad, bummed, mad, or upset if it was something I already have.

We are all entitled to our opinions about this free gift. To judge someone that used the word "bummed" in their post as being negative is rather unfair. How do you know what "bummed" means to them? Email, texts, posts and dm's are all taken out of context by people here and on FB every day. Judgement gets passed whether you know what or how the person feels. Why? Because you know them better than they know themselves? You know their true feelings? Have you actually talked to any of the people you are calling out?

I understand what you are saying Eddie, but I do not agree with calling others out for their opinions on this topic.

I really appreciate the gift from Funko. I realize they did not have to do any of it. But just because I voiced my opinion, does not mean I am angry towards Funko. And please don't assume you know what my comments meant.
Rose

Funko collector since 2010
First FDO - FDO8 Baltimore

Funko items in our collection - too many to count! Favorite series - Star Wars!
ImageImage

blackmage214

Postby blackmage214 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:50 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:Looks like my gift hasn't moved since Dec 29th. Or at least the tracking hasn't updated since then. Anxious to see what I got!

DHL been having trouble with tracking info. But even though my tracking shows the 29th of Dec. I believe it was actually picked up on the 12th when I got the email.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:33 pm

Still no updated tracking info and no package. Seeing everyone posting comments on here and pics on Instagram is making my antsy!! :D

Pops!- 716ish

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:34 pm

I don't understand how "being bummed" isn't a negative comment, it's for sure not positive one. By definition bummed means to be annoyed, upset or disappointed. Not sure how I would be taking that out of context. I can't be the only who reads it like that. All I have been saying is that the boxes were free and were sent as gifts to us. There is an old saying that you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Just my opinion of course.
2012 Rookie of the Year

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:47 pm

I sort of figured since I got the first wave of gift emails that I some how got overlooked but I just got my tracking! Excited to see what's coming.

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:38 pm

This is what I got when I was asking when to expect tracking info to my Founders account for Marvel Collectors Corps.

Taryn (Funko)
Jan 13, 12:30 PST

Hi Harry,

The free gift was sent to a select group of subscribers based on their purchasing history across all three of our subscription services. If you didn't personally receive the email, you weren't in that select group. I'm sorry if that comes as a disappointment, but on behalf of all of us here at Funko, we're so glad to have you as a subscriber and wish you a happy new year!

Thank you,
Taryn & Funko Support
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Mine finally showed movement.
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

blackmage214

Postby blackmage214 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:53 am

Mine finally moving and the weight changed

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:12 am

FINALLY got updated tracking info, shows I should be getting it by the 24th. So long to wait, but glad it's finally moving again. :D

Pops!- 716ish

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:16 am

Estimated delivery for me is January 23rd! They also changed the weight on my package. Was 2.764 and now its 1.764. Got my fingers crossed for any of the LoC boxes or the SB Bounty Hunter box.
Higher, Further, Faster

zodach

Postby zodach » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:29 am

As a Smuggler's Bounty subscriber I received the Ant-man box a couple weeks ago. The POP box was damaged, but that really doesn't bother me since I'm an OOB collector. Between this POP, the exclusive Mystery Minis, and the jumbo Civil War Ant Man I will have a nice display from big to small. Big thanks to Funko for the nice gesture!

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:54 pm

hmuriel212 wrote:This is what I got when I was asking when to expect tracking info to my Founders account for Marvel Collectors Corps.

Taryn (Funko)
Jan 13, 12:30 PST

Hi Harry,

The free gift was sent to a select group of subscribers based on their purchasing history across all three of our subscription services. If you didn't personally receive the email, you weren't in that select group. I'm sorry if that comes as a disappointment, but on behalf of all of us here at Funko, we're so glad to have you as a subscriber and wish you a happy new year!

Thank you,
Taryn & Funko Support
Oops ... #-o

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Got my free Jabba box. If I were going to get a duplicate of anything, I wouldn't necessarily have chosen a second Jabba mug and C-3PO cap. But it was free, so you can't beat the price.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:55 am

Just got a Jabba box as well. Hadn't gotten it so it was better than getting a duplicate GotG.

It's not a box I would have liked paying for, but free makes it an awesome box.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

emcee

Postby emcee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:23 pm

I never got a shipping e-mail (yes I checked spam), but I just sent them an e-mail and they gave me a tracking number for my box that was shipped out 2 days ago!
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Picked my box up yesterday and it was Spiderman :cheers:. Thank you Funko for the very kind gift!
I be Chris

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:50 pm

My box came in today! It was The Force Awakens: The First Order. I'm not a huge fan of the Dark Side so I'll find someone else who wants it, but it's still a very cool gift! Thank you Funko!! =D>
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:26 pm

emcee wrote:I never got a shipping e-mail (yes I checked spam), but I just sent them an e-mail and they gave me a tracking number for my box that was shipped out 2 days ago!
Congratulations ... Persistence pays off!!!

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:09 pm

I got the jabbas palace box. Could have sworn I was getting a marvel box. Was hoping for a woman of power box or a guardians box.
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:44 pm

I received the jabba box too

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:33 pm

Welcome to the Jabba club, you guys!

2shy

Postby 2shy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:59 pm

I guess this is one of those rare instances where it works against you if you're actually loyal and hardcore enough to be subscribed to all the boxes.

But I agree, free is free. And you can always sell the bonus box. I for one got a box I already had, and I didn't necessarily love it the first time. But I appreciate the gesture nonetheless.
The Broken are the Evolved.

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:28 am

Congrats to everyone getting these :cheers: I agree that its a nice gesture, and if you get a dupe you could always sell it :)
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:38 am

POPHawk wrote:Congrats to everyone getting these :cheers: I agree that its a nice gesture, and if you get a dupe you could always sell it :)
Free is free and when you have kids, grandkids and friends you can never have too many dupes! :freddy3:

Return to “Powered by Funko”