March Legion of Collectors - Superman

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
jinxykat

Re: March Legion of Collectors - Superman

Postby jinxykat » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:31 pm

My box came today, never even got a shipping notice! It was just ok for me.... nothing overly awesome.
Kristen

Warren8525

Postby Warren8525 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:41 pm

The contents were okay but as usual, the pin fell out of the plastic baggie.

At least there was a nice ad for the Wonder Woman movie. Maybe she will be the subject of a future box.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:04 am

Warren8525 wrote:The contents were okay but as usual, the pin fell out of the plastic baggie.

At least there was a nice ad for the Wonder Woman movie. Maybe she will be the subject of a future box.

She's actually the subject of the next box! Hoping its good!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:44 am

Again I really meant to do this year one box at a time but did not cut off the auto renew in time.
This box is OK...a bit generic but OK. I have a feeling the next box will be the exact same way. Unless we get a villain...I see the WW box built just like this one.
Just because the box is themed for a certain character does not mean that is the only character to place in the box. Every character needs those side characters to help make them great. Villains are the best way to bring this around. A Superman box can still fit the theme with a Lex Luthor POP inside the box.
Just a thought.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:28 pm

I feel like they finally nailed the shirt. I've disliked almost every Tee in the DC boxes thus far.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:26 pm

got my box on Saturday (3/4) got my shipping notice on Monday (3/6) wth?!

can't believe I'm saying this nut I think I like the shirt more than the POP. was really hoping for a villain tbh

Ricardo616

Postby Ricardo616 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:40 pm

I know it's a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me get one of these boxes shipped to the UK? I absolutely love everything in this box 10/10 and eBay prices are beyond ridiculous at the moment.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:37 am

Again, my box has been stuck in St. Louis for days.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

bonnjer

Postby bonnjer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:18 pm

I got my box today. Out of all the subscription boxes I have received in the past, this one is without a doubt my favorite. As a big Superman fan, I knew I was going to like this box and I was pumped when it was announced, but it turns out that this one was about as perfect to me as a box could be.

LOVE the Pop!

Really LOVE the shirt. I was actually worried that this box was going to have a hat or salt/pepper shakers or some such nonsense that I wouldn't use. This shirt....I will use...often.

The patch and pin look sharp, as do the tiny Pop key ring and action figure.

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:43 am

Hoping for a classic comicbook version of Cheetah Pop! in the following LOC Wonder Woman
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:43 am

Spoiler: show
I really like this box. While I'm still not really into Pops, this one is great. The raised shield and flowing cape...fantastic.
The patch is really cool, and the pin is nice. Always highlights for me.
The keyring might replace my wearing-out Batman Pop ring. I like it, but I'm not sure about the durability of that pose.
The shirt is great. Love the design and it fits a bit big this time, which is great because it will shrink.
Still not a fan of the Central/South-American-knockoff Super Powers action figures. (look it up if you don't get the reference). But I have toddler grandkids that won't care what it looks like.
The sub continues.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:44 am

Its happens to the best of us.. I started with around 15 POPS! Now I own more then 500 ...YIKES

TheBoilerman wrote:
Spoiler: show
I really like this box. While I'm still not really into Pops, this one is great. The raised shield and flowing cape...fantastic.
The patch is really cool, and the pin is nice. Always highlights for me.
The keyring might replace my wearing-out Batman Pop ring. I like it, but I'm not sure about the durability of that pose.
The shirt is great. Love the design and it fits a bit big this time, which is great because it will shrink.
Still not a fan of the Central/South-American-knockoff Super Powers action figures. (look it up if you don't get the reference). But I have toddler grandkids that won't care what it looks like.
The sub continues.
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:43 am

Box arrived last week and my feelings for it were the same as when I saw the reveal.... :(
A local funatic wanted the box but couldn't wear my shirt size so I sold the box off minus the shirt. It turned out to be a win-win in the end.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Just got my box today, absolutely love the pop and the shirt that came.

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:07 pm

what are we hoping will be in The Wonder Woman box?

Personally I would like a Cheetah Pop!
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:02 am

hmuriel212 wrote:what are we hoping will be in The Wonder Woman box?

Personally I would like a Cheetah Pop!

There is another thread for this but I said the exact same thing lol
Sadly that would never happen

POPNOOB24

Postby POPNOOB24 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Honestly this years boxes have been great so far in my opinion. Loved the Legacy theme back in January, the Krypto shirt was great and the Plastic-Man POP! was a nice surprise. This month's though was my favorite box by far! The Classic Superman POP! and ReAction figure, the key-chain T-shirt and comic were all great! Being one of those "weirdos" that has always been much more interested in Superman and his allies and enemies over Batman it is nice to see the Man of Steel get some love!

Also looking forward to seeing what goodies await in May's Wonder Woman box.

Other then that what boxes do you all hope to see in the future? I know that November's box will probably be Justice League since that is when the film comes out but that still leaves the July and September boxes as unknowns. Personally I'm hoping for Green Latnern and Teen Titans boxes myself, if not this year at some point down the line. And if they ever want to do boxes on lesser known DC properties a Doom Patrol box would be pretty sweet.
Current Collection! :freddy1:
POPS!: 67
POPS Ridez: 1
POP Home: 2
Dorbz: 3
Mystery Minis: 8
ReAction: 3
Rock Candy: 1

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm not a big superman fan, but I think this is my favorite pop of supes. The rest of the box was meh for me. Since I'm not really a fan, I probably won't wear the shirt, I don't do key chains or reaction figures, and the rest of the stuff (pin, patch, comic) are just throw in for me. This is def one I could have bought on the secondary market foruch cheaper. I'm a annual sub though so you win some and lose some.

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sat May 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Krypto pop or lanyard, either way I'd be content.
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

Return to “Powered by Funko”