Disney Subscription Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Disney Subscription Box

Postby NightmareMermaid » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:21 pm

treswright wrote:Well it's exciting news, and it seems like a lot of people are happy about Mr. Smee but I'm not one of them. He's one of the more forgettable Disney characters as far as I'm concerned. I'm REALLY surprised that they're launching the announcement with him front and center, I would think they'd want to fire a big volley to get our attention. If they want to go with the pirate theme then how about Jack Sparrow in the Black Pearl Ride, now THAT would be impressive. Or if the theme is Peter Pan, then how about a Peter Pan/ Captain Hook 2 pack with Peter on a flying base. I'm sure this sub will be awesome but this is just a strange way to start it off in my opinion.

I thought the same thing. I expected something more with this being the first box. A Black Pearl Ride would be sweet. Maybe there's another Pop! or Dorbz in the box that will be the showstopper.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:24 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
treswright wrote:Well it's exciting news, and it seems like a lot of people are happy about Mr. Smee but I'm not one of them. He's one of the more forgettable Disney characters as far as I'm concerned. I'm REALLY surprised that they're launching the announcement with him front and center, I would think they'd want to fire a big volley to get our attention. If they want to go with the pirate theme then how about Jack Sparrow in the Black Pearl Ride, now THAT would be impressive. Or if the theme is Peter Pan, then how about a Peter Pan/ Captain Hook 2 pack with Peter on a flying base. I'm sure this sub will be awesome but this is just a strange way to start it off in my opinion.

I thought the same thing. I expected something more with this being the first box. A Black Pearl Ride would be sweet. Maybe there's another Pop! or Dorbz in the box that will be the showstopper.

I disagree, I love Smee! The sub boxes are usually, what, $35-$45? I feel like they'd lose quite a bit of money sticking a two-pack or Ride in there. Personally, I don't even like the packs or rides, so I'm happy that it's just a normal Pop! Now, a skeletal Jack Sparrow would be cool, but so would a re-relase of Hook in the sub box. There's so much potential later down the line, though. Who knows what we'll see.
Too soon?

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I think they gave us a little clue in the image:

April 2017! I assume that is when we can subscribe.

Really looking forward to this one! Will be signing up for the full year for sure.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

zwahelian

Postby zwahelian » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:44 pm

I would think April 2017 is the ship date of the box. If they started taking orders before the end of the month, that would allow the standard 60 day order window for a late April ship date.
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:45 pm

valorandvellum wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I think they gave us a little clue in the image:

April 2017! I assume that is when we can subscribe.

Really looking forward to this one! Will be signing up for the full year for sure.

Could also be that April 2017 is when the first box ships, but if that's the case sign ups would have to start this week, I would think.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Brian did say that there would be "2-3 Disneyland and Disney World characters in the first box" Also worth noting is he specifically named a few rides, I'm guessing we might see them sooner than later: "Mr Toad's ride, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, the yeti from Matterhorn" So I'm guessing that yeti proto we've seen is in fact Matterhorn as opposed to the Expedition Everest yeti
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Signed up for more info - just watched the Yoko and Brian interview - very excited for any Mr. Toad's Ride! Or more Indy!!
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:57 pm

zwahelian wrote:I would think April 2017 is the ship date of the box. If they started taking orders before the end of the month, that would allow the standard 60 day order window for a late April ship date.

Ooooooohhh... if that means we get that first box in hand even sooner, then I really hope you're right! I guess all we know is that SOMETHING is happening in April. lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

Trixt

Postby Trixt » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:13 pm

Cool idea, not something I am going to need a yearly sub to like I do with Marvel but could def pick up a box here and there. Going to be interesting to see what comes out.
Name is Wil.

blade2025

Postby blade2025 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:14 pm

I signed up to get on the list. Now I have to wait until I can subscribe. All of this waiting is killing me just like waiting for SDCC tickets to go on sale.
I'm Matson.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:23 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:I thought the same thing. I expected something more with this being the first box. A Black Pearl Ride would be sweet. Maybe there's another Pop! or Dorbz in the box that will be the showstopper.

Let's hope! But you would think they'd want to put that showstopper front and center so that people would say "oh my gosh, I have GOT to have this, and whatever else they offer, I'm signing up ASAP!!!!" Smee doesn't do that for me. In fact, all it does is make me think "is this sub box going to be full of side characters that I don't care about?"

HappinessGuano wrote:The sub boxes are usually, what, $35-$45?

25.00 plus shipping and taxes, a little under 35 total.

HappinessGuano wrote:I feel like they'd lose quite a bit of money sticking a two-pack or Ride in there.

They've already done sub boxes with a Ride, a Pop Deluxe and several that had either a two pack or two Pops in them.

wraithkelso wrote:Also worth noting is he specifically named a few rides, I'm guessing we might see them sooner than later: "Mr Toad's ride, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, the yeti from Matterhorn" So I'm guessing that yeti proto we've seen is in fact Matterhorn as opposed to the Expedition Everest yeti

He did, and those certainly sound awesome! I don't think they'll be Pop Rides though (although that would be really cool!), but rather figures from the park rides.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:24 pm

kitkats_mommy wrote:http://disneytreasures.funko.com/

Go sign up to be notified everyone!!!! and OMG that Smee!!!!!

Thanks, just signed up!!! :cheers:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:25 pm

OMG!
I am so glad they finally announced this! Smee looks so cute!
I can't wait to see what the box contains!
Signing up now!

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:26 pm

a99kitten wrote:Signed up for more info - just watched the Yoko and Brian interview - very excited for any Mr. Toad's Ride! Or more Indy!!

I basically need a Mr Toad's Rides/Ridez... PLEASE FUNKO
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:26 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:

I might have missed it, but is the first box themed Pirates of the Caribbean?
I remember reading it somewhere else too, something about pirates? lol

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:26 pm

treswright wrote:Well it's exciting news, and it seems like a lot of people are happy about Mr. Smee but I'm not one of them. He's one of the more forgettable Disney characters as far as I'm concerned.

I share the same sentiment while I am so happy more news is coming out about this box. Very excited for the different possibilities and seeing more park related stuff. And normally i love the more obscure characters, but find this choice puzzling.

Nevertheless, I am still in! Looking forward to seeing what else will be in that box!
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:28 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:

I might have missed it, but is the first box themed Pirates of the Caribbean?
I remember reading it somewhere else too, something about pirates? lol

I just went back and read and the theme is Pirates Cove.
HA! Sorry about that.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:28 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:Almost here!!! Definitely going to sign up for the founder's level on this one!

Absolutely ... Founder's Level here we come!!! :freddy2:

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:28 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
KMFH11 wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:I would love to see a Walt Pop. The man himself who started it all. \:D/ \:D/
That would be an awesome start to the Disney Sub box.

Yes! That would be really cool!

And how about Walt and Mickey for the 1st year anniversary trophy?

I would cry. lol

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Spiffythedog wrote:It's finally happening!

So many new, exclusive Disney/Funko collaborations ... seemingly endless opportunities!!! Can't wait :mir1: :mir1: :mir1:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:36 pm

blade2025 wrote:I signed up to get on the list. Now I have to wait until I can subscribe. All of this waiting is killing me just like waiting for SDCC tickets to go on sale.

Yup ... SDCC badges, Disney Sub, Funko interactive Factory ... I feel like Templeton after a night at the Fair ... a veritable smorgasbord!!! :wwe12: :wwe12: :wwe12:

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:09 pm

okay i signed up for notifications. now i am sitting in front of my PC with credit card in hand waiting to be notified! c'mon...c'mooon...c'moooooonnnnn :eek: 8-[ :-k :mir1:

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Signed up and excited. I love the Smee Pop. Then again its Disney :) looking forward to this sub box!!!
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:38 pm

100% want to get a yearly sub for this box, Im not jazzed about the smee pop but I have a friend who will be.
- tauntaunking on instagram

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:57 pm

opopssum wrote:100% want to get a yearly sub for this box, Im not jazzed about the smee pop but I have a friend who will be.

Looking forward to the Bear Country Jamboree characters ... I hope there will be one in an upcoming Disney Sub box. [-o<

slimpicks

Postby slimpicks » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:19 pm

I cant wait for this box!!!! Will be subbing to this box
Charles aka slimpicks
instagram: Funko_slimpicks
ImageImage
Funko Fundays - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright night - 2016
Funko HQ grand opening - 2017
Funko "Making Fun - The Story of Funko" - 2018
Funko HQ Hollywood - 2019
Funkon Hollywood 2021
FDO San Diego 2023

popfiles

Postby popfiles » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:23 pm

This will be my 4th box, now just need a Movie Theatre Box, or Horror Box.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Thrillofthehunt wrote:
treswright wrote:Well it's exciting news, and it seems like a lot of people are happy about Mr. Smee but I'm not one of them. He's one of the more forgettable Disney characters as far as I'm concerned.

I share the same sentiment while I am so happy more news is coming out about this box. Very excited for the different possibilities and seeing more park related stuff. And normally i love the more obscure characters, but find this choice puzzling.

Nevertheless, I am still in! Looking forward to seeing what else will be in that box!

Smee hits right at my childhood nostalgia. Used to love the movie, and my family had this really stupid joke... anytime someone would say, "It's me", we'd be like, "It's Smee?" lol So I guess he's a forgettable character to some, and the source of dumb inside jokes for others. :tongue:

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Smee looks great. Maybe we can expect the Jolly Roger pop in this one as well. It is pirate themed.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:37 pm

toro423 wrote:Smee looks great. Maybe we can expect the Jolly Roger pop in this one as well. It is pirate themed.

I thought about this in the morning and Wraithkelso showed that Jolly Roger has the Park sticker, not the Treasure sticker... so I'm leaning towards him not being in this box, unfortunately :(
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:41 pm

That Smee figure looks awesome!
My Name is Ernie

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:42 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
Thrillofthehunt wrote:

Smee hits right at my childhood nostalgia. Used to love the movie, and my family had this really stupid joke... anytime someone would say, "It's me", we'd be like, "It's Smee?" lol So I guess he's a forgettable character to some, and the source of dumb inside jokes for others. :tongue:

I feel the same way about Smee. He was always one of my favorite Peter Pan characters. He's so cute and funny. Ultimately, I'm a diehard Disnerd, so I want any and all Disney. I don't care what's Disney Treasures, because if it's Disney and it's Funko, I want it.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:45 pm

StarWarner wrote:I don't care what's Disney Treasures, because if it's Disney and it's Funko, I want it.

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Mixed feelings for me. I was always skeptical of a Disney box working for me because there's just too much stuff that they could easily have a few themes in a row that I have little to no interest in. On the other hand, while I can likely get whatever pops I want on the secondary market, of all the sub boxes, I could see the Disney one having the best founder gift(s). That alone has me considering subbing.

Smee is an odd choice for the first box. If we were 2-3 boxes in, I'd feel differently, but as others have said, I'm surprised they're not making more of a splash with the first box. Then again, maybe they are just leaving some things a mystery for now. Maybe they are thinking that you can't give away the ghost before you can even sub!

Do we even have confirmation that Smee is in fact the pop in the box? Or are we just speculating because he's on the page where you can sign up for more info??

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:11 pm

valorandvellum wrote:

Can't argue with that! So much fun when the item is meaningful. My family loved pointing out the goat on Big Thunder Mountain. I'm sure many would scratch their head at that pop, but it would be a treasure for me!

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:24 pm

The Head wrote:Mixed feelings for me. I was always skeptical of a Disney box working for me because there's just too much stuff that they could easily have a few themes in a row that I have little to no interest in. On the other hand, while I can likely get whatever pops I want on the secondary market, of all the sub boxes, I could see the Disney one having the best founder gift(s). That alone has me considering subbing.

Smee is an odd choice for the first box. If we were 2-3 boxes in, I'd feel differently, but as others have said, I'm surprised they're not making more of a splash with the first box. Then again, maybe they are just leaving some things a mystery for now. Maybe they are thinking that you can't give away the ghost before you can even sub!

Do we even have confirmation that Smee is in fact the pop in the box? Or are we just speculating because he's on the page where you can sign up for more info??

Confirmed by Brian, Yoko, and Cam
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:26 pm

Thrillofthehunt wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

Can't argue with that! So much fun when the item is meaningful. My family loved pointing out the goat on Big Thunder Mountain. I'm sure many would scratch their head at that pop, but it would be a treasure for me!

Yes, exactly! Sometimes the oddest thing will hit the most random nail right on the head. lol And I wouldn't mind a Big Thunder Mountain goat Pop. Love that ride! And I may or may not make the goat noise when I see him... :-"

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Kaljor wrote:That Smee figure looks awesome!

Agreed ... Brings back a lot of memories. I wonder if this Disney sub will have a chase?

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Oh I can't wait to sign up for the year membership. I went and entered my email to get the notification on when they go live!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

nikko
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby nikko » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:31 pm

I should say this is the best news from NY Toy Fair. Looking forward to this box!

Return to “Powered by Funko”