Disney Subscription Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
sdcccrasher

Re: Disney Subscription Box

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Mysterious wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:They keep saying that there will be Park Exclusives in the box... does that mean Funko products or Disney products?

Also, definitely looking forward to that Founder's gift! I bet it's gonna be amazing.

There will be at least one Parks themed item in every box. All of the items in the box will be made by Funko.

how you know? o.o

Only the Shadow knows!!! lol
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

racheva

Postby racheva » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:19 pm

I have mixed emotions about being a Founder because there is a lot of Disney that I don't care about, like the more recent stuff. I'm all about old school. But the idea of a parks item in every box is actually really enticing. I might have to reconsider. I work at a Children's Hospital, so I suppose I always have a place to take the items I don't want.

Tho I take the whole, "they say we'll all want the founders gift," comment with a grain of salt. Of course they said that, they're a business. They're not gonna say it's meh and we don't really need it.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:39 am

personally there are only a few Disney IPs that I don't care enough about to want the pops for: Rescuers, Black Cauldron, Fox and Hound, Descendants, Cars, or anything that is only at WDW, not also at DLR (current or in the past).
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:44 am

Gonna take a risk on this one. I've never cared for Smee as a character, but Disney has some remarkable pirates both in and out of the parks, so I'll take a chance on some solid items.

Really hoping that we get two Pops in the box, and one of them ends up being that park-exclusive Jolly Roger Pop that keeps being teased. If I could have him, I'd be the happiest Pirates fan...
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 am

racheva wrote:I have mixed emotions about being a Founder because there is a lot of Disney that I don't care about, like the more recent stuff. I'm all about old school. But the idea of a parks item in every box is actually really enticing. I might have to reconsider. I work at a Children's Hospital, so I suppose I always have a place to take the items I don't want.

Tho I take the whole, "they say we'll all want the founders gift," comment with a grain of salt. Of course they said that, they're a business. They're not gonna say it's meh and we don't really need it.

Oh god, could you even imagine if Cameron and Yoko said "The gift is cool if you're a Disney fan, but we don't really care about it" lol They are a business so they have to be exited about everything they make - at least on camera. But I really do hope that they also take into consideration their audience and are stating that it's really neat because they know most disney collectors would want one.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:07 am

Yup :3

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:52 pm

racheva wrote:I have mixed emotions about being a Founder because there is a lot of Disney that I don't care about, like the more recent stuff. I'm all about old school. But the idea of a parks item in every box is actually really enticing. I might have to reconsider. I work at a Children's Hospital, so I suppose I always have a place to take the items I don't want.

Yeah, I'm still on the fence. The Disney things that I love, I REALLY love. But there's also quite a bit that I'm either not familiar with (most recent things that are not films) or just not that into. May end up deciding month to month based on what the theme is for this one.

Also I saw this pic floating around, do you guys think it will be a Disney Park exclusive or in a future box? Mods please let me know if this pic isn't allowed and I'll remove it.

Spoiler: show
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Lonikins wrote:

Oh god, could you even imagine if Cameron and Yoko said "The gift is cool if you're a Disney fan, but we don't really care about it" lol They are a business so they have to be exited about everything they make - at least on camera. But I really do hope that they also take into consideration their audience and are stating that it's really neat because they know most disney collectors would want one.

I think the idea of taking any items you don't want to the children at the hospital is a really nice idea, racheva.

I don't know how Cameron and Hilary feel about Disney, but I know Yoko is a Disney fan. I think she is genuinely excited about this. I get the sense that their enthusiasm for the founder's gift and the sub box is sincere. I know they work for Funko, but in the videos I've watched and the Funkasts I've listened to, I can usually tell which items they are really happy about because they are fans. Or maybe I'm just one of those super optimistic Disnerds. :D
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:13 pm

paxderomano wrote:Yeah, I'm still on the fence. The Disney things that I love, I REALLY love. But there's also quite a bit that I'm either not familiar with (most recent things that are not films) or just not that into. May end up deciding month to month based on what the theme is for this one.

Also I saw this pic floating around, do you guys think it will be a Disney Park exclusive or in a future box? Mods please let me know if this pic isn't allowed and I'll remove it.

Is it just me or does that look flocked?? It could just be grainy :-k
do flocked pops have flocked protos??
- tauntaunking on instagram

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:25 pm

paxderomano wrote:

Yeah, I'm still on the fence. The Disney things that I love, I REALLY love. But there's also quite a bit that I'm either not familiar with (most recent things that are not films) or just not that into. May end up deciding month to month based on what the theme is for this one.

It could be the Matterhorn yeti or Mt. Everest Bigfoot and maybe yeah...

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:47 pm

I don't know how Cameron and Hilary feel about Disney, but I know Yoko is a Disney fan. I think she is genuinely excited about this. I get the sense that their enthusiasm for the founder's gift and the sub box is sincere. I know they work for Funko, but in the videos I've watched and the Funkasts I've listened to, I can usually tell which items they are really happy about because they are fans. Or maybe I'm just one of those super optimistic Disnerds. :D[/quote]

I totally agree. We know there has been pushback concerning the "trophy" issue for other sub one year gifts. I believe that Yoko is not speaking in a vacuum, but within that discussion. When she says that Disney subscribers are going to love the one year gift, I believe it is going to be something truly iconic and appreciated. :freddy3:

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:03 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:I don't know how Cameron and Hilary feel about Disney, but I know Yoko is a Disney fan. I think she is genuinely excited about this. I get the sense that their enthusiasm for the founder's gift and the sub box is sincere. I know they work for Funko, but in the videos I've watched and the Funkasts I've listened to, I can usually tell which items they are really happy about because they are fans. Or maybe I'm just one of those super optimistic Disnerds. :D

I totally agree. We know there has been pushback concerning the "trophy" issue for other sub one year gifts. I believe that Yoko is not speaking in a vacuum, but within that discussion. When she says that Disney subscribers are going to love the one year gift, I believe it is going to be something truly iconic and appreciated. :freddy3:[/quote]
Yup Maybe Orange bird is in a box lol

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Mysterious wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:I don't know how Cameron and Hilary feel about Disney, but I know Yoko is a Disney fan. I think she is genuinely excited about this. I get the sense that their enthusiasm for the founder's gift and the sub box is sincere. I know they work for Funko, but in the videos I've watched and the Funkasts I've listened to, I can usually tell which items they are really happy about because they are fans. Or maybe I'm just one of those super optimistic Disnerds. :D

I totally agree. We know there has been pushback concerning the "trophy" issue for other sub one year gifts. I believe that Yoko is not speaking in a vacuum, but within that discussion. When she says that Disney subscribers are going to love the one year gift, I believe it is going to be something truly iconic and appreciated. :freddy3:

Yup Maybe Orange bird is in a box lol[/quote]

Good Point!!! :roflmao:

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Mysterious wrote:It could be the Matterhorn yeti or Mt. Everest Bigfoot and maybe yeah...

In the interview, Brian dropped that it was from the Matterhorn, which is fascinating. May be our only "Big Foot" Pop, which I'm all about lol

I don't think protos are ever flocked though. To my knowledge, protos are just initial vinyl molds with nothing else on them. I can't think of a reason for someone to go through the trouble of flocking a mold, you know?

That being said, I still REALLY hope the final product is flocked. That would just look fantastic.
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:30 pm

From previous boxes, does anyone know if you get a founders gift for each sub you have, or just per account? I'm thinking of getting this for my stepdaughter, so wondering if I should just order two under me, or set up an account under my wife's name to ship to my step daughter.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:10 pm

For each sub you have.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:13 pm

eljefe81 wrote:From previous boxes, does anyone know if you get a founders gift for each sub you have, or just per account? I'm thinking of getting this for my stepdaughter, so wondering if I should just order two under me, or set up an account under my wife's name to ship to my step daughter.

Let me clarify ... I have a Founder's sub and one of my kids has a Founder's sub. I paid for them both at the same time with the same cc, but one is under my name and the second is my kid's name. Obviously they are at our same home address. I hope this helps.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:22 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
eljefe81 wrote:From previous boxes, does anyone know if you get a founders gift for each sub you have, or just per account? I'm thinking of getting this for my stepdaughter, so wondering if I should just order two under me, or set up an account under my wife's name to ship to my step daughter.

Let me clarify ... I have a Founder's sub and one of my kids has a Founder's sub. I paid for them both at the same time with the same cc, but one is under my name and the second is my kid's name. Obviously they are at our same home address. I hope this helps.

So a different login?

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:30 pm

When either my son or I check on our accounts, we go to the same login, and both mine and my son's are listed. And we both received notification that our boss gifts were in process with different numbers.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:38 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:When either my son or I check on our accounts, we go to the same login, and both mine and my son's are listed. And we both received notification that our boss gifts were in process with different numbers.

Thanks!

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:35 pm

eljefe81 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:When either my son or I check on our accounts, we go to the same login, and both mine and my son's are listed. And we both received notification that our boss gifts were in process with different numbers.

Thanks!

You're welcome. :freddy3:

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:17 pm

RoboFist wrote:
Mysterious wrote:It could be the Matterhorn yeti or Mt. Everest Bigfoot and maybe yeah...

In the interview, Brian dropped that it was from the Matterhorn, which is fascinating. May be our only "Big Foot" Pop, which I'm all about lol

I don't think protos are ever flocked though. To my knowledge, protos are just initial vinyl molds with nothing else on them. I can't think of a reason for someone to go through the trouble of flocking a mold, you know?

That being said, I still REALLY hope the final product is flocked. That would just look fantastic.

no it's the yeti from the Matterhorn bobsleds! Big foot AKA Sasquatch is its cousin from Mount Everest where there's a part going backwards in the ride and they are just different colors lol
But yeah I never seen a flocked proto lol

floydnjanicefan

Postby floydnjanicefan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm hoping we see a Pop of the dog with the keys or the woman with the red hat from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:24 pm

floydnjanicefan wrote:I'm hoping we see a Pop of the dog with the keys or the woman with the red hat from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!

Oh please yes!!!!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:54 pm

floydnjanicefan wrote:I'm hoping we see a Pop of the dog with the keys or the woman with the red hat from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!

YES ... The dog is iconic! =D>

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:11 pm

paxderomano wrote:

It's my pop and photo so it can definitely stay. ;). Regularv proto and not flocked. I believe he's from Matterhorn vs Everest.
Got Pixie Dust?

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:29 pm

I wish funko make the donald duck devil and angel from the " better self " cartoon.
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:57 am

tlaloc666 wrote:I wish funko make the donald duck devil and angel from the " better self " cartoon.

Is it bad that I want a regular Daffy made so that I can re-create the dueling Pianos scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:53 am

Like others have said There is a lot of characters i love and some characters I hardly know about. So the question is without fail do I want Tshirts or items of characters I have no connection with? I think I might go box by box instead of having a recurring subscription. Especially if they will "spoil" the pop before the order deadline. I do not know I am just so on the fence.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Poncho Pete wrote:
paxderomano wrote:

It's my pop and photo so it can definitely stay. ;). Regularv proto and not flocked. I believe he's from Matterhorn vs Everest.

Awesome! Congrats! It is a very cool looking piece and am stoked to see it produced!!! :freddy2:
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Dream Dream would be if they did a Pop ride of like Mickey on the monorail. That would be awesome.

So when do people think signups will be? Any chance of it being tomorrow lol.

If They want to release an April Box it would make sense. They usually open it up a month before.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Poncho Pete wrote:
paxderomano wrote:

Pete, your Disney collection is amazing! I'm sure you'll be signing up for this box.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

odnar

Postby odnar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:49 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Dream Dream would be if they did a Pop ride of like Mickey on the monorail. That would be awesome.

So when do people think signups will be? Any chance of it being tomorrow lol.

If They want to release an April Box it would make sense. They usually open it up a month before.

I wouldn't be surprised if the signup email came just before the Funko Shop drop! lol

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:31 pm

wraithkelso wrote:
tlaloc666 wrote:I wish funko make the donald duck devil and angel from the " better self " cartoon.

Is it bad that I want a regular Daffy made so that I can re-create the dueling Pianos scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

:P the Hungarian Rhapsody # 2 :D
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:58 pm

wraithkelso wrote:

That's such an awesome scene! I love that movie.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:36 am

It's here!!

https://disneytreasures.funko.com/

Dorbz Ridez in the 1st box :eek:
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:37 am

That dorbz ridez! So awesome! Subbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:41 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:That dorbz ridez! So awesome! Subbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason I'm subbing \:D/
Dorian Arloe

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 am

HOOOOOOOOLY CRAAAAAAAAP well after I complained about Smee they certainly did step up and get my attention! Subbed!

Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

odnar

Postby odnar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:45 am

Ordered as well! :freddy2:

Return to “Powered by Funko”