Disney Subscription Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Re: Disney Subscription Box

Postby popfanboy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:02 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Just ordered the box. I only want the pin and and non pop and dorbz item and overal its the cheaper option assuming I can sell the pop and Dorbz ride lol

Question.

I have only see the black Pioneer Pin. Has anybody seen the Purple Adventurer Pin?

My friend got the Adventurer pin and it's also black. I thought it was purple in the video but his is black. Assuming they changed it.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:30 pm

popfanboy wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Just ordered the box. I only want the pin and and non pop and dorbz item and overal its the cheaper option assuming I can sell the pop and Dorbz ride lol

Question.

I have only see the black Pioneer Pin. Has anybody seen the Purple Adventurer Pin?

My friend got the Adventurer pin and it's also black. I thought it was purple in the video but his is black. Assuming they changed it.

Yeah they showed purple for the Adventurer pin. Wonder why they changed it. The wording is different so not like it was easier to throw in the same pin.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:16 pm

so great to see such positive results from this box. I don't know how much input Disney provided (probably a lot) when it came to the concept and design but they really smashed it. I know not every loves the Smee but it definitely rounds out that product line of Pan, Hook, and Tink.
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm

edmomo wrote:so great to see such positive results from this box. I don't know how much input Disney provided (probably a lot) when it came to the concept and design but they really smashed it. I know not every loves the Smee but it definitely rounds out that product line of Pan, Hook, and Tink.

I agree with you 100% makes me sad that I don't have a Hook to found out the quartet but I'm super happy to have my Smee, Tink, & of course Peter!
You can call me Danielle :)

Harry Potter, Disney, and POP's/Dorbz from my favorite movies/tv shows are my weakness!

Join me if you'd like in my adventures at:
https://outoftheboxfunko.wordpress.com/

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:25 pm

solarialunar21 wrote:
edmomo wrote:so great to see such positive results from this box. I don't know how much input Disney provided (probably a lot) when it came to the concept and design but they really smashed it. I know not every loves the Smee but it definitely rounds out that product line of Pan, Hook, and Tink.

I agree with you 100% makes me sad that I don't have a Hook to found out the quartet but I'm super happy to have my Smee, Tink, & of course Peter!

I'd be willing to bet even money that we will see a new captain hook pop this year

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:
solarialunar21 wrote:

I'd be willing to bet even money that we will see a new captain hook pop this year

That would be awesome! I know a lot of people aren't crazy about old characters being re-released but as someone who didn't start collecting until about a year and a half ago I missed out on a lot of my favorite Disney Characters so I'm a happy funatic when they do lol!

Harry Potter, Disney, and POP's/Dorbz from my favorite movies/tv shows are my weakness!

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 pm

solarialunar21 wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:
solarialunar21 wrote:

That would be awesome! I know a lot of people aren't crazy about old characters being re-released but as someone who didn't start collecting until about a year and a half ago I missed out on a lot of my favorite Disney Characters so I'm a happy funatic when they do lol!

Those people need to come to terms with the face that its happening and will continue to happen on a more consistent basis (power rangers, Ursula, peter pan ,cruella, dumbo, maleficient) there will absolutely be more to come. If I had to guess we will get action pose hook with his sword drawn.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:13 am

perfectflaw00 wrote:
solarialunar21 wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:

Those people need to come to terms with the face that its happening and will continue to happen on a more consistent basis (power rangers, Ursula, peter pan ,cruella, dumbo, maleficient) there will absolutely be more to come. If I had to guess we will get action pose hook with his sword drawn.

There are new collectors coming in all the time, so it makes good business sense to make retired characters available again. p*** me off when I got Hawkgirl in the LoC box and couldn't afford to get Hawkman to go with her.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:21 pm

As long as it's providing something new (like action pose, different outfit, etc) I don't see how there should be any problems with it. Plus, Funko has come along way in terms of the quality of their designs. As cool as some of the older figures look (from a retro-perspective), it's really cool to see them "updated" (so to speak) with the quality they are capable of now.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:44 pm

eljefe81 wrote:As long as it's providing something new (like action pose, different outfit, etc) I don't see how there should be any problems with it. Plus, Funko has come along way in terms of the quality of their designs. As cool as some of the older figures look (from a retro-perspective), it's really cool to see them "updated" (so to speak) with the quality they are capable of now.

I agree completely! You can tell the difference between newer and older POPs and I do like the older ones but it is nice to see new molds because if is a different quality.

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:07 pm

My only issue with remaking old characters is that it means we won't get as many new characters that I have been waiting 5 years to see made like Tarzan, Hercules, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Emperor's New Groove, all the princes a d villain never made before, etc. Like with the new HT villains there were 3 repeat characters and 1 new. But it could have been 4 new villains easily because they still haven't done Mother Gothel, Lady Tremaine, Shan Yu, Governor Ratcliff and those are just off the top of my head based on having other characters from their movies already. But I'm still dying for Hades in pop form. Let alone some other characters.

Also when they did all the new molds for princesses, why not give us the princes to go with them? Eric, Flynn Ryder, Naveen, Beast in human form, and Charming
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:17 pm

wraithkelso wrote:My only issue with remaking old characters is that it means we won't get as many new characters that I have been waiting 5 years to see made like Tarzan, Hercules, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Emperor's New Groove, all the princes a d villain never made before, etc. Like with the new HT villains there were 3 repeat characters and 1 new. But it could have been 4 new villains easily because they still haven't done Mother Gothel, Lady Tremaine, Shan Yu, Governor Ratcliff and those are just off the top of my head based on having other characters from their movies already. But I'm still dying for Hades in pop form. Let alone some other characters.

Also when they did all the new molds for princesses, why not give us the princes to go with them? Eric, Flynn Ryder, Naveen, Beast in human form, and Charming

I agree with all of this. There are still so many movies that have yet to be made as well as many that are still missing main characters. I like a lot of the new molds better than the old ones, but Funko only has so much bandwidth, so I would personally rather see a lot more new characters with maybe a few new molds for older ones.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:19 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
wraithkelso wrote:My only issue with remaking old characters is that it means we won't get as many new characters that I have been waiting 5 years to see made like Tarzan, Hercules, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Emperor's New Groove, all the princes a d villain never made before, etc. Like with the new HT villains there were 3 repeat characters and 1 new. But it could have been 4 new villains easily because they still haven't done Mother Gothel, Lady Tremaine, Shan Yu, Governor Ratcliff and those are just off the top of my head based on having other characters from their movies already. But I'm still dying for Hades in pop form. Let alone some other characters.

I agree with all of this. There are still so many movies that have yet to be made as well as many that are still missing main characters. I like a lot of the new molds better than the old ones, but Funko only has so much bandwidth, so I would personally rather see a lot more new characters with maybe a few new molds for older ones.

I definitely see where you two are coming from as well. There are so many Disney characters that have yet to be released that I do see how it's annoying to see new molds. I too would love to have my princes to go with my princesses (looking at you Flynn!) and we need an Aladdin POP like yesterday! Plus we still don't have a Pluto or a Daisy POP which I find to be very weird too, maybe they'll keep new molds as exclusives for certain stores once in a while and then go widespread for new characters? I'm sure in this box we'll get some more new characters that we haven't gotten before, obviously minus next box, so it will be interesting to see what's going to be coming down the line.

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:07 pm

OK I almost forgot about the unboxing of the Disney Treasure box. But I did a video of unboxing it and put it on Twitter tagged @OriginalFunko and hash Tagged #DisneyTreasures but didn't see it. So I posted pics and again didn't see it. So I looked an now it's after 12:00pm so not sure if it went to Funko or not. Anyway it's a awesome bo of Disney treasures. I was hoping to open it and see a golden ticket to allow me to buy Funday tickets(JK) but anyway if it went through great if not life goes on. But I did want to share my pics
I liked the ship better when I switched pirates

Awesome box Thanks Funko and Disney. It's going to be like Christmas every other month getting a box of goodies and the best part is they are already paid for =D> =D>

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:56 pm

gospeedracer wrote:OK I almost forgot about the unboxing of the Disney Treasure box. But I did a video of unboxing it and put it on Twitter tagged @OriginalFunko and hash Tagged #DisneyTreasures but didn't see it. So I posted pics and again didn't see it. So I looked an now it's after 12:00pm so not sure if it went to Funko or not. Anyway it's a awesome bo of Disney treasures. I was hoping to open it and see a golden ticket to allow me to buy Funday tickets(JK) but anyway if it went through great if not life goes on. But I did want to share my pics

Awesome box Thanks Funko and Disney. It's going to be like Christmas every other month getting a box of goodies and the best part is they are already paid for =D> =D>

I hope you win ... exceptionally awesome photo display!!! :cheers:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:16 am

I don't how many people here have been to WDW or Disneyland since this box came out but I was at MK yesterday and rode Pirates and the Dorbz ship is so crazy accurate it's amazing! Funko's attention to detail on this one was fantastic!

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:57 am

solarialunar21 wrote:I don't how many people here have been to WDW or Disneyland since this box came out but I was at MK yesterday and rode Pirates and the Dorbz ship is so crazy accurate it's amazing! Funko's attention to detail on this one was fantastic!

Sadly I won't go until December, but I was looking forward to taking a closer look at the ride. Debating on whether or not to bring my Disney Funko loot with me for pics.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:02 pm

newhousebailey wrote:
solarialunar21 wrote:I don't how many people here have been to WDW or Disneyland since this box came out but I was at MK yesterday and rode Pirates and the Dorbz ship is so crazy accurate it's amazing! Funko's attention to detail on this one was fantastic!

Sadly I won't go until December, but I was looking forward to taking a closer look at the ride. Debating on whether or not to bring my Disney Funko loot with me for pics.

You definitely should! I wouldn't suggest bringing a whole bag full but if you have a couple favorite characters it's fun to do. We started the day at Hollywood Studios so I brought my Buzz and Woody POP's with me and took some awesome shots of them!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:53 pm

I had a dream last night I finally received my box and it had was two of the tins, only the back of the founders pin and the pop was replaced with some super knockoff batman chase. It was weird to dream of funko lol I hope my box arrives soon
- tauntaunking on instagram

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm

solarialunar21 wrote:
newhousebailey wrote:

You definitely should! I wouldn't suggest bringing a whole bag full but if you have a couple favorite characters it's fun to do. We started the day at Hollywood Studios so I brought my Buzz and Woody POP's with me and took some awesome shots of them!

Awesome! Fortunately we will get a couple more of the Disney boxes before our trip so I can plan some things out. It is fun to be in the early planning phase of a Disney trip, but it is hard to wait.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:04 pm

solarialunar21 wrote:
newhousebailey wrote:

I've got a trip to WDW in August but I don't think I'll bring any pops with me, I want to have room for new souvenirs in my suitcase
My Pop collection:

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:32 pm

gospeedracer wrote:OK I almost forgot about the unboxing of the Disney Treasure box. But I did a video of unboxing it and put it on Twitter tagged @OriginalFunko and hash Tagged #DisneyTreasures but didn't see it. So I posted pics and again didn't see it. So I looked an now it's after 12:00pm so not sure if it went to Funko or not. Anyway it's a awesome bo of Disney treasures. I was hoping to open it and see a golden ticket to allow me to buy Funday tickets(JK) but anyway if it went through great if not life goes on. But I did want to share my pics

I have to agree I was not keen with the dorbz on the pirate ship, but I think Jack looks way better on there.
ImageImage
ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:11 pm

opopssum wrote:I had a dream last night I finally received my box and it had was two of the tins, only the back of the founders pin and the pop was replaced with some super knockoff batman chase. It was weird to dream of funko lol I hope my box arrives soon

Interpretation ... 2 days from now you're box will arrive on your back porch and will be delivered by an old man in a batman suit! :roflmao: either that or you ate too much pizza last night ... Hope your box does arrive soon it's worth the wait!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:17 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
opopssum wrote:I had a dream last night I finally received my box and it had was two of the tins, only the back of the founders pin and the pop was replaced with some super knockoff batman chase. It was weird to dream of funko lol I hope my box arrives soon

Interpretation ... 2 days from now you're box will arrive on your back porch and will be delivered by an old man in a batman suit! :roflmao: either that or you ate too much pizza last night ... Hope your box does arrive soon it's worth the wait!

The way my post office is an old man dressed like batman would deliver my packages 10 times faster and safer lol
The pictures and unboxing videos look amazing I am still 10,000% jazzed to get my box
- tauntaunking on instagram

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:22 am

opopssum wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:

The way my post office is an old man dressed like batman would deliver my packages 10 times faster and safer lol
The pictures and unboxing videos look amazing I am still 10,000% jazzed to get my box

Hope you receive it soon ... We love every part of it!

Indigorose

Postby Indigorose » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:55 am

My account now says "Your first box will ship during the first 10 days of June." I certainly hope that's when my second box will ship, not my Pirates Cove box.
Pops: 40
Rock Candy: 12
Mystery Minis: 4

MarleyMon81

Postby MarleyMon81 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:07 am

Quick question from a new box subscriber. I am a Annual Pioneer Founder subscriber. Got my April box and loved it. My question, do I have to go out and physically order the June box or will it show up automatically in my orders in my Disney Treasures account? I checked this morning and there was no order yet, but figured it might be a little early since it closes well over a month from now.

Just want to make sure I don't miss a step and end up missing a box. Thanks for the info and the education.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:12 am

gospeedracer wrote:I liked the ship better when I switched pirates

Wow, I like it better with Jack too! He looks more "in scale" with the ship. Good idea!

MarleyMon81 wrote:Quick question from a new box subscriber. I am a Annual Pioneer Founder subscriber. Got my April box and loved it. My question, do I have to go out and physically order the June box or will it show up automatically in my orders in my Disney Treasures account? I checked this morning and there was no order yet, but figured it might be a little early since it closes well over a month from now.

Just want to make sure I don't miss a step and end up missing a box. Thanks for the info and the education.

I posted a response in the other thread where you asked this same question :-)
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

MarleyMon81

Postby MarleyMon81 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I posted in the proper thread or not. I'll get my sea legs here soon.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:18 pm

OK ... The new Disney Treasures Sub Explorer 12 month plan is up on the Funko website. It is set up like the other Subs, but, with an increase in price. After one year, there is a year-end gift. My guess it will be the large medal with Mickey's head-shot.

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:49 am

I love the patch and pins in the box the most!

MarleyMon81 wrote:Quick question from a new box subscriber. I am a Annual Pioneer Founder subscriber. Got my April box and loved it. My question, do I have to go out and physically order the June box or will it show up automatically in my orders in my Disney Treasures account? I checked this morning and there was no order yet, but figured it might be a little early since it closes well over a month from now.

It will show up automatically at the beginning of June. They will also email you a copy showing $0 charged (prepaid).
WTB: Luffy color proto

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 pm

I like how I still have never gotten any confirmation emails from Disney Treasures despite the fact that my account is otherwise all good to go.
My Pop collection:

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:11 pm

popfanboy wrote:

Question.

Is it bad that I want the adventurer pin also? lol
This sub box is feeding my love for Funko, Disney, and pins!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:22 am

angeladominguez wrote:
popfanboy wrote:

Question.

I fully plan on getting the pioneer and adventurer pin lol just to have the pins
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:44 am

hailmary25 wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
popfanboy wrote:

I fully plan on getting the pioneer and adventurer pin lol just to have the pins

Sounds reasonable to me ... I want it, I want it, I want it!!!

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:42 am

hailmary25 wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
popfanboy wrote:

woohoo! i wish the adventurer pin was purple, but it not a big deal. still get both. lol

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:43 am

sdcccrasher wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:

Sounds reasonable to me ... I want it, I want it, I want it!!!

all three of us are in the same pin boat. lol

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:45 pm

So, I'm tempted to get myself a Disney sub box. After seeing pics from a close friend and pics here, the urge is too much. :roflmao:
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:So, I'm tempted to get myself a Disney sub box. After seeing pics from a close friend and pics here, the urge is too much. :roflmao:

Yes ... we can identify with the urge and the giving in too. lol

Return to “Powered by Funko”