Disney Subscription Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Spiffythedog

Re: Disney Subscription Box

Postby Spiffythedog » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:41 am

I have cancelled all my other subs except SW in anticipation of this one.... very excited of the possibilities!

And I agree having kid sizes would be great. I'd be inclined to gift boxes to my nieces and nephews.
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:04 am

wraithkelso wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:
eljefe81 wrote:Maybe this is too obvious (and I know they have done him before), but wouldn't a box based off the Disney parks almost HAVE to have Mickey in the debut box?

If the box has the same items as the other subs, I'd think he could be the patch or pin. Maybe the tshirt. I just don't see them doing him as a Pop or Dorbz, unless perhaps it was a six inch variant, something very different from what's out now.

Oh, those barely scratch the surface on his outfit he wears in the parks, below are just some of his more recent outfits:

Red Car Newsboys:

Soundsational Parade:

Halloween:

Christmas:

Mickey and the Magical Map:

Fantasmic:

Paint the Night:

And these are jut his California/Disneyland outfits, that were featured over the last few years in seasonal or entertainment offerings.

Those would make for some very cute Pops, I just feel like Disney is so much more than Mickey. Hopefully the boxes reflect that. And still holding out hope for a deluxe Pop or Pop Ride for It's a Small World.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Classier wrote:All I ask of Funko is to bring back the Haunted Mansion POPs in these boxes. [-o<

PLEASE! I would love to have a set of the Hitchhiking Ghosts but alas they are nowhere to be found in the parks!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:38 pm

a99kitten wrote:I am definitely in!! And hopefully get some Uncle Scrooge and Chip n Dale love!!!

A Disney Afternoon themed box with Rescue Rangers Chip n Dale would be rad!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Is it spring yet!
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

blade2025

Postby blade2025 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:09 pm

POP! Rides! would be nice. Roger Rabbit Taxi Cab would be interesting. My wife's favorite would be Gadget in the Gadget Coaster.
I'm Matson.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:51 pm

wraithkelso wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:
eljefe81 wrote:Maybe this is too obvious (and I know they have done him before), but wouldn't a box based off the Disney parks almost HAVE to have Mickey in the debut box?

If the box has the same items as the other subs, I'd think he could be the patch or pin. Maybe the tshirt. I just don't see them doing him as a Pop or Dorbz, unless perhaps it was a six inch variant, something very different from what's out now.

Oh, those barely scratch the surface on his outfit he wears in the parks, below are just some of his more recent outfits:

Red Car Newsboys:

Soundsational Parade:

Halloween:

Christmas:

Fantasmic:

Paint the Night:

And these are jut his California/Disneyland outfits, that were featured over the last few years in seasonal or entertainment offerings.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful ... I feel the collecting juices flowing. :cheers: :freddy2:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

big_matt

Postby big_matt » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:23 pm

As much as I loved Disney movies as a kid, I was never inclined to get the Pops, but as a huge fan of the Florida Parks, and someone who has visited them over 30 times, I am very much looking forward to this subscription. Country Bears, Figment, Splash Mountain, Tiki Room - there are so may possibilities!
Pops: 1100+
Latest: Best Buy Arbiter
Wants: Freddy Fett, Red Skull, and many more

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:48 pm

big_matt wrote:As much as I loved Disney movies as a kid, I was never inclined to get the Pops, but as a huge fan of the Florida Parks, and someone who has visited them over 30 times, I am very much looking forward to this subscription. Country Bears, Figment, Splash Mountain, Tiki Room - there are so may possibilities!

I can't wait for all the Country Bear Jamboree =D> figures!

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Don't know if anyone saw but Gemini sold two Orange Bird protos this morning! I was lucky enough to get the white one. I'm 99% sure he's coming in the sub box now.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Can't wait for the first box to be announced!!!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:01 pm

popfanboy wrote:Don't know if anyone saw but Gemini sold two Orange Bird protos this morning! I was lucky enough to get the white one. I'm 99% sure he's coming in the sub box now.

Congrats again on getting it. I can't wait for this sub box to start and your probably right about it being an exclusive to the Disney sub boxes.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:22 pm

So now we can bet Jolly Roger and Orange Bird will probably be in these boxes. Not a bad start IMO.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:53 pm

popfanboy wrote:Don't know if anyone saw but Gemini sold two Orange Bird protos this morning! I was lucky enough to get the white one. I'm 99% sure he's coming in the sub box now.

Thanks for keeping us in the Sub loop. I couldn't agree more given this news and Congratulations. You Scored!!! :cheers:

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:26 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:So now we can bet Jolly Roger and Orange Bird will probably be in these boxes. Not a bad start IMO.

Don't forget Harold from the Matterhorn! Think Pete has the proto.
Tanner

racheva

Postby racheva » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:34 pm

wraithkelso wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:

Red Car Newsboys:

Soundsational Parade:

Halloween:

Christmas:

Fantasmic:

Paint the Night:

I never knew how much I wanted this many Mickey pops, but I so do. They could make them like they do Batman and I would be right there buying them. I sometimes consider collecting Batman because the different color variations would look amazing displayed, but there are just so many and I don't really know the significance of most of them. Mickey would be perfect tho, I love the theme parks!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:20 pm

not gonna lie, I'm actually hoping that Orange bird isn't in the box, or at least, isn't the only thing in the box, I have never been to WDW but I've been to DLR over a dozen times, so apart from having seen some merch the last few years I have no frame of reference to who Orange Bird is or why it would be tied to the Tiki Room.
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:23 pm

wraithkelso wrote:not gonna lie, I'm actually hoping that Orange bird isn't in the box, or at least, isn't the only thing in the box, I have never been to WDW but I've been to DLR over a dozen times, so apart from having seen some merch the last few years I have no frame of reference to who Orange Bird is or why it would be tied to the Tiki Room.

To my knowledge the only tie he has to the Enchanted Tiki Room is the new Marvel comic. In Magic Kingdom he isn't in the Tiki Room instead he has his own quick service location known as the Sunshine Tree Terrace.
Tanner

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:26 pm

popfanboy wrote:
wraithkelso wrote:not gonna lie, I'm actually hoping that Orange bird isn't in the box, or at least, isn't the only thing in the box, I have never been to WDW but I've been to DLR over a dozen times, so apart from having seen some merch the last few years I have no frame of reference to who Orange Bird is or why it would be tied to the Tiki Room.

To my knowledge the only tie he has to the Enchanted Tiki Room is the new Marvel comic. In Magic Kingdom he isn't in the Tiki Room instead he has his own quick service location known as the Sunshine Tree Terrace.

So What, like the Dole Whip counter only this has its own mascot?
My Pop collection:

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:01 pm

wraithkelso wrote:
popfanboy wrote:

So What, like the Dole Whip counter only this has its own mascot?

Kinda. He was the love child of Disney and the Florida Citrus Commision. A mascot that was in the parks and out of the parks at citrus stands all throughout Florida. The Dole Whip counter always has a long line and is so popular that they actually swapped the locations of the counter and the Sunshine Tree Terrace. So now Dole Whip is next to the Tiki Room. The Terrace has been in that location since the park's opening so it was a shame they moved it. Made sense though.
Tanner

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:53 pm

popfanboy wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:So now we can bet Jolly Roger and Orange Bird will probably be in these boxes. Not a bad start IMO.

Don't forget Harold from the Matterhorn! Think Pete has the proto.

Oh right! Man this is awesome!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Didn't see that and he's gone from their site now. Did you grab a picture?

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:10 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:14 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

And there is a white proto too

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Mysterious wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Spoiler: show

And there is a white proto too

Thanks for the pic!

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Wonder it's gonna be in the box or Disney parks exclusive

racheva

Postby racheva » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:10 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

That's awesome, thanks for sharing! I love the idea of the Disney Box paying homage to the history of the parks :)
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:28 pm

This orange bird makes me so happy. :)
Got Pixie Dust?

Rozureido

Postby Rozureido » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Not gonna lie, the box featuring the Parks so heavily would be a huge letdown to this Disney fanatic. I am aware of many of the characters, but I've never had the opportunity to go to any of the parks so while I can appreciate the Pops for their historical importance they really don't mean anything to me. I was so hoping the Disney box could be used as a platform to release some less popular characters from older films/shorts. A Parks character every now and then wouldn't bother me, but shouldn't the Parks characters be at, well, the Parks?

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:14 pm

I'm going to need so much more room for my Disney collection! LOL. I hope there will be a "Founders" incentive for buying the entire year, because I'm in!
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:24 pm

I just hope the price is right (cheapo).
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:11 am

[quote="racheva"][quote="NightmareMermaid"][quote="mohawkjones"]

Absolutely adorable!!! :compress:

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:52 am

I wonder what exclusive will come with the first box, i'm thinking yeti maybe.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:01 am

Rozureido wrote:Not gonna lie, the box featuring the Parks so heavily would be a huge letdown to this Disney fanatic. I am aware of many of the characters, but I've never had the opportunity to go to any of the parks so while I can appreciate the Pops for their historical importance they really don't mean anything to me. I was so hoping the Disney box could be used as a platform to release some less popular characters from older films/shorts. A Parks character every now and then wouldn't bother me, but shouldn't the Parks characters be at, well, the Parks?

Well keep in mind that no one knows what's going to be in the sub boxes yet. Everything you're reading in this thread is just conjecture based on the fact that some protos of Disney parks characters have been seen. But that doesn't mean those Pops are going to be in the sub box/ boxes, they could very well be protos for in-park exclusives and the sub boxes may not contain them. Only time will tell!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 am

Question is, will Orange Bird in the first box? Will it even be a Disney Parks exclusive character? I'd think they'd want to start off with a bang, give a popular character that hasn't been made in Pop form before. But hey, all speculation!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:38 am

I would love to see a Walt Pop. The man himself who started it all. \:D/ \:D/
That would be an awesome start to the Disney Sub box.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:40 am

Shalee04 wrote:I would love to see a Walt Pop. The man himself who started it all. \:D/ \:D/

For me if the do want I ant it to be as a Pop deluxe and make it the Partners Statue, but I imagine that could be a year 1 gift for those that do a founders level sub
My Pop collection:

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:54 am

I want a tree of life deluxe pops with little eyes everywhere. :)
Got Pixie Dust?

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:08 pm

I'm hoping that at some point they do a Freddy Ride for some of the rides with more iconic vehicles (ie Matterhorn sled, Peter Pan, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain).
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Shalee04 wrote:I would love to see a Walt Pop. The man himself who started it all. \:D/ \:D/

Yes! That would be really cool!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Return to “Powered by Funko”